Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 1, 2015 11:18 PM
Jun 2015
So I think we've all watched the movie at this point and was wondering if we will have a season 3? Was the blu ray sales of season 2 and the movie good enough to warrant a season 3? I just LOVE this series' story,setting, and characters too much and just want more. The ending credits with akane saying about the system seemed like a hint to season 3 and was wondering if there was any news or hints the producers said about a S3.

I even bought a Xbox One to just play the psycho pass game.
Aug 2, 2015 2:00 PM

May 2014
I really hope so.

Also, kill me for wanting to buy an Xbox One for the same reason. Like, I love the anime, it's in my top 5... but do I like it enough to essentially pay $500 for a single game (the Chinese version of the game mind you) that may or may not even be good.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Aug 2, 2015 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
the way the movie ending kinda hinted a possibility of another season but I'm still sad about Akane not being able to see Kougami again
Aug 2, 2015 4:25 PM

Nov 2013
Well there is still plenty to cover about the world and the characters. Really, there is no "conclusion" to the story as of yet, especially for the main character. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time we had anime which did not end properly. Hell, how many anime end on a cliffhanger? I guess it all depends how profitable this series is for the producers.
Aug 6, 2015 9:54 PM

Feb 2015
Now this is a topic I know!! So to all Psycho Pass lovers (like me (°-°) I have great news....
For starters season 2 does NOT really contribute anything to the overall scheme of the series the only thing it really did was show what Sybil was planning and the true nature of the system...

As for season 3... After a shit load of research I was able to discover that season 3 will happen as for the dates of this I don't know, also I have read that actually once the original Psycho pass series has ended that they will continue one based in an even further future world, but this is still uncertain.

PLOT FOR SEASON 3:
From what I could find it seems that the plot for the 3rd season will be other countries starting to be over taken by Sybil's power thus creating a war to destroy said system...

Hope this about answers your question.... By the way when I found this out I was screaming and fan girling to level 9000
Aug 6, 2015 9:58 PM

Mar 2014
Kaneki-Uta said:
Now this is a topic I know!! So to all Psycho Pass lovers (like me (°-°) I have great news....
For starters season 2 does NOT really contribute anything to the overall scheme of the series the only thing it really did was show what Sybil was planning and the true nature of the system...

As for season 3... After a shit load of research I was able to discover that season 3 will happen as for the dates of this I don't know, also I have read that actually once the original Psycho pass series has ended that they will continue one based in an even further future world, but this is still uncertain.

PLOT FOR SEASON 3:
From what I could find it seems that the plot for the 3rd season will be other countries starting to be over taken by Sybil's power thus creating a war to destroy said system...

Hope this about answers your question.... By the way when I found this out I was screaming and fan girling to level 9000

Think you're undervaluing the group psycho pass thing from season 2 especially when we've just seen a new country established under the sybil system who's collective psycho pass is probably not fairing too well.
Aug 7, 2015 2:25 AM

Dec 2013
Kaneki-Uta said:

PLOT FOR SEASON 3:

Whenever someone says anything along the lines of Season 2 being bad or not important I just smh. Did you really understand the point of what Kamui Kirito was trying to do? I'll just summarize it real briefly for you here but if you want to know more of what each Kamui's action represented and more in depth of the story of any season1/2/movie, just PM me.

Kamui Kirito's goal: To make it VERY easy to explain, Kamui was an existence which comprised of different minds and around 184 bodies all patched up to make what Kirito is. Which in this case Kamui is not a single human so how will Sibyl System truly judge someone like Kamui who has to be calculated with a single number for a person when in fact is not possible since he himself is a collective existence. So this leads to the point where Kamui deduces "If Sibyl System can not judge me, there must be a flaw within the system." Afterwards he more than likely figured out that Sibyl System is an existence just like him which was comprised of different minds due to Sibyl System not being able to recognize or scan him. This then leads to Kamui's thought of " How is it justice if Sibyl System can judge others but can not judge itself?" All of this is mostly not said explicitly but you just have to figure these things out by really watching and thinking of why Kamui knew how Sibyl System worked.

HOWEVER, this isn't just what made season 2 more important than season 1 in terms of Sibyl System. If you watch even more closely, you'll realize that towards the end Kamui was finally able to get a resolution he wanted which was to see how Sibyl System will judge itself. But this goes onto explain that the one pointing the dominator at Sibyl System will more than likely change the judgement of the system depending on the person.

But the thing is, if the one pointing the dominator is working with the Sibyl System within the society are they also considered part of the system because they are cooperating in Sibyl System's judgement? Does this mean enforcers as well as inspectors are now considered part of Sibyl System? In the end of the series Sibyl System says they can not implement the calculation for groups'/faction's/society's/work groups' psycho pass yet. How will the collective/group judgement work for determining the psycho pass of WPC/Public Safety Bureau/ and especially the Sibyl System once it is set in place? Will Sibyl System's Psycho Pass still be judged under 100 because they are all asymptomatic people or will the collective judgement be different ? (even without it including the calculation with the one's who support Sibyl System.)

As said in the anime, this was Kamui Kirito's true goal. He wanted to question the existence and true worth of Sibyl System by putting himself as the sacrifice for the future of how Sibyl System will work. Kamui Kirito more or less knows that these questions will eventually lead to the end of Sybil System though.

This is my original non relevant thought but if more countries start developing cymatic scans/ crime coefficient/ hues/ calculation of psycho pass, will the country also be judged as a collective psycho pass as well? Pretty interesting right?

So tell me, how does this not contribute to anything to the overall scheme of the series?

I honestly think people call Psycho Pass 2 as bad because
a. No Kogami
b. Too complicated and didn't bother to truly understand the depth of Kamui's plan.
c. Mika

I went off on a little tangent but next time you (anyone reading this post) see someone trashing psycho pass 2 just explain everything I wrote here and (hopefully) they change their minds.

EDIT: Btw I am not saying Psycho Pass 1 was not important since they were both important in their own ways. I even liked Psycho Pass 1 more because of how much detail and easy to understand the story was compared to s2 ( If anyone didn't understand s1/s2/movie that much just PM me and I'll explain it really well) . Also I think S3 is happening after seeing the end credits of the movie. I'm guessing another Fall release probably in 2016.
Psycho Pass is just amazing. There's still so much to be answered and the system is so unique & complex, if the producers/writers/etc wanted to make more money they can easily do it.
HyuseAug 7, 2015 3:12 AM

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Aug 7, 2015 9:55 AM

Feb 2015
Whoa whoa whoa XD hey I never said I hated it geez I'm getting beaten up here guys.... To be honest I do think you have to watch season 2 before the movie because of these key facts of character development and Sybil's development.
Also I said season does not REALLY I didn't say it was useless so back off.... People have different opinions so just chill

Your not gonna die if someone hates something you like or vice versa

This is why sometimes I hate the anime world because most of it is made up of assholes who can't let go and think they're the best... Btw I fucking love season 2 but I was speaking in a way to talk about the over all main plot which mainly holds kogami and akane along with Sybil's whole world domination thing XD lol
Nyah_ChanAug 7, 2015 9:58 AM
Aug 7, 2015 11:18 AM

Dec 2013
Kaneki-Uta said:
Whoa whoa whoa XD hey I never said I hated it geez I'm getting beaten up here guys.... To be honest I do think you have to watch season 2 before the movie because of these key facts of character development and Sybil's development.
Also I said season does not REALLY I didn't say it was useless so back off.... People have different opinions so just chill

Your not gonna die if someone hates something you like or vice versa

This is why sometimes I hate the anime world because most of it is made up of assholes who can't let go and think they're the best... Btw I fucking love season 2 but I was speaking in a way to talk about the over all main plot which mainly holds kogami and akane along with Sybil's whole world domination thing XD lol

You said "For starters season 2 does NOT really contribute anything to the overall scheme of the series the only thing it really did was show what Sybil was planning and the true nature of the system... " adding a "really" doesn't make a difference to what you were implying lmao. If you still think your opinion is that S2 doesn't "really" contribute to anything, I won't say anything else since I know majority of people do have different opinions even though it's a fact ( not a opinion) it wasn't "really" useless.

Also my post was no where near trying to beat you up so let's not have a persecution complex online. It was more of trying to enlighten your thoughts on S2 as well as anyone who read my comment.

I do apologize though if you felt like you were victimized. But let's not go around calling the anime world's majority a "asshole who can't let go and think they're the best", since you're trying to start something by saying that on a web domain that is focused on anime and manga.
HyuseAug 7, 2015 11:23 AM

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Aug 8, 2015 6:33 PM

Nov 2014
I HOPE SO

the ending of the movie definitely left the possibility of a movie sequel or a season 3 open and i do think there's more they can do

personally i think season 1 was best and they'll never top it but i still love the story and the characters and i don't want it to end just yet
Aug 8, 2015 6:33 PM

Apr 2014
PLEASE NO

FUCK UROBOOTY he cant write for shit anymore actually what he did write was carried completely by the studio to make it better
Aug 13, 2015 1:31 AM

Jul 2014
They need to introduce a character like Shogo or something better. It's the only way to lift the series up again.
Aug 14, 2015 3:57 PM

Jun 2009
Hyuse said:

a. No Kogami
b. Too complicated and didn't bother to truly understand the depth of Kamui's plan.
c. Mika

Then you really haven't read any detailed reviews.

To make it short, the antagonist was poorly written, and had stupid mechanics that didn't make sense. The only transplant that would matter was replacement of brain part, any other organ or body part doesn't matter for CT scans or PP. They did poorly when presenting new mechanism or elements to the world, such as the limit that suddenly existed in S2. Also they added a lot of BS to allow for the plot to even work, this was especially bad with the whole drone part. The BS with how they solved the drone problem are so retarded, that I don't think the writers even know the slightest about coding. Why would they go with turning on the view from the actual camera (and then it even replayed :-/), instead of just a. disable input from devices b. if there are some BS so they can't do that, then give them a black screen view instead. Both these option would be faster and solve the issue without affecting the peoples hue, and then there is also the option to interrupt the connection, heck they could just turn their internet off, since Kamui were using their server. Sybil was also acting contradicting to S1 way of Sybil, just so the plot could work.

Then there are stuff such as keep introducing new character only to act as fodder, while not actually spending much time to either explore the new main characters well or develop them meaningful. Overall it was just poorly written, a b c have nothing to do with it being crap, I actually dislike Kogami a bit, since his character arc was so cop cliche.

Anyways as for the topic, probably the ending setup to another season, so if sales are there it will happen.
Aug 15, 2015 5:09 PM
Oct 2012
PP3 is basically confirmed. Besides s2 and movie selling great both at box office and on BD, the producer himself stated he wants to make more aka it's happening.
Aug 16, 2015 6:03 PM

Jul 2009
I hope so, 1st season was great, 2nd and the movie was ok, so a 3rd would be more than welcome, and with more than 12 episodes.
Aug 16, 2015 6:07 PM

Jul 2012
Please.

Like I said after watching the movie, it was literally a transition movie that prompted for a sequel and conclusion to end this series.
Aug 17, 2015 12:55 AM

Apr 2015
hassan0297 said:
They need to introduce a character like Shogo or something better. It's the only way to lift the series up again.

Exactly my thoughts as well
Sep 16, 2015 5:38 PM

Mar 2014
Just saw the movie...and I need a season 3.
Dec 11, 2015 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
To all you people saying that there is information about a 3rd season: Give me proof please! I don't want to get my hopes up just to never see anything about Psycho Pass ever again ...
"The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes."

Dec 14, 2015 2:11 AM

Jun 2015
Is it the epilogue for Kougami?
I wish he could appear in series-format again (TT TT) though doesn't seem so.

Well, I hope the would be season 3. But Mika is really a loyal dog to sybil system. Kinda grating my nerves.
Dec 23, 2015 2:27 PM

Mar 2014
After the gigantic pile of shit that was Psycho-Pass 2 and the accompanying turd that was the Psycho-Pass movie I'm not sure if I want a season 3
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 28, 2015 2:22 PM

Dec 2015
I'd love if there was a 3rd (or even more) season with the Sybil system destroyed in the end. I loved season 1 which left a lot open at the end. And I liked that Akane Tsunemori didn't just destroy the system. The conflict they explained ... (there is still positive things because of the system).

With Makishima dead I thought they would make Kougami the new antagonist making him destroy the system (and convincing Akane to help him). But of course it didn't happen and season 2 was different. Nice that we got to see Kougami again in the movie but I still didn't like it that much.
Jan 17, 2016 4:00 PM

Nov 2007
That post-credit scene definitely gives a season 3 hint. And if there really a is a Sybil System vs the World-War, I'm wondering which side would be the "good" one when you look at the out comes of this movie having Sybil learning to justify itself thanks to Akane, and Kogami's side just living differently.
Jan 29, 2016 10:33 AM

Mar 2013
Certainly. The true enemy hasn't been defeated yet. And so, the last scene in the credits really launches a clue that the major plot of the next season/movie would be Sibyl System dominating the whole world since Huan is winning the election and Akane says: "One day, the System's true worth will be tested."
LenoRochaJan 29, 2016 10:44 AM
Feb 15, 2016 10:17 PM

Feb 2010
http://www.otakutale.com/2015/psycho-pass-producer-thinking-of-doing-season-3/
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-05-18/psycho-pass-producer-expresses-interest-in-making-more/.88288

umm a high possibility from what i can tell
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 15, 2016 10:24 PM
Jun 28, 2016 12:32 AM
May 2012
I really really missed Psycho-pass anyway. I don't like those things never answered until today.

The only thing that bugs me was:-

Yup, I already seen the movie too recently & no Idea why I've been anxiously wait for the next season of psycho-pass.

Jul 7, 2016 9:29 PM

Jul 2009
I know the producer of the series express more Psycho-Pass in the near future. I really want them to go back to Japan and make much more future tech. I understand they wanted to test to see if Sybil system will work overseas, but I just love seeing Neo Tokyo like that in high tech glory.

Heck Production IG should also make the new Ghost in the Shell along with it.

Maybe a crossover one time movie would be good to promote both new seasons :O

But yes, more Kogami and Akane! I want them back together!
Aug 7, 2016 7:33 PM
Sep 2014
Im sure there will be at least one more season, maybe even two.
The fall of Sybil will happen at the end for sure, we just need to wait for it.
Aug 15, 2016 6:46 PM
Jul 2018
SomaHeir said:
Heck Production IG should also make the new Ghost in the Shell along with it.

Maybe a crossover one time movie would be good to promote both new seasons :O

This is the best idea I have ever heard in my entire life, someone pls tell Urobutcher. Would watch 10/10.
Aug 27, 2016 1:12 PM

Jul 2016
I really do believe that there will be a Season 3.

After watching the movie, they are transitioning Kogami into a much more complex character. Just as Akane said it herself, Kogami does share traits that Makishima has. This makes for a very interesting scenario and knowing Production IG, they will capitalize on this.

They may announce a Season 3 at the end of 2016 and start it during 2017. Well that's my hope...
The Net is Vast and Infinite
Aug 27, 2016 1:17 PM
Nov 25, 2016 3:34 PM
Aug 2013
Raz1515 said:
hassan0297 said:

Exactly my thoughts as well

I'm guessing that at some point Kougami Shinya will become something like Shogo Makishima. Well at least he will become someone opposed to the Sibyl System and Tsunemori Akane will somehow have to deal with that. I'm also guessing that will somehow lead to the end of the whole series...
Dec 12, 2016 5:31 PM

Aug 2016
I hope There will be Season 3

And i imagine the story will be the downfall of Sybil system. I really want to see akane and Kougami work together and finish sybil once and for all
Jan 20, 2017 8:39 PM
Jun 2014
Movie sets it up for a season three if they decide to make it! I'd be here for it for sure! Season 1 was great, and IMO season two is underrated and is unfairly bashed. The movie was pretty standard imo, solid but it gets its purpose across of transitioning to the next part of the story
Feb 7, 2017 7:10 AM

Oct 2013
I WANT SEASON 3 NAO
Jun 23, 2017 3:16 PM
Mar 2015
Lol guys, about the post-credits, I'm not sure if I'm right, but they were there just to show that Sybil system is still going to be used on the island since the "fake" minister (the one brought sybil) is winning in the campaign (you can hear all of this in the radio in the background)
So I guess it just tells us the aftermath of the movie.
I highly doubt that it was a promise for the 3rd season.
But wellp I might be wrong...
Jul 9, 2017 3:34 AM

Aug 2013
Hyuse said:
Kaneki-Uta said:

PLOT FOR SEASON 3:

Whenever someone says anything along the lines of Season 2 being bad or not important I just smh. Did you really understand the point of what Kamui Kirito was trying to do? I'll just summarize it real briefly for you here but if you want to know more of what each Kamui's action represented and more in depth of the story of any season1/2/movie, just PM me.

Kamui Kirito's goal: To make it VERY easy to explain, Kamui was an existence which comprised of different minds and around 184 bodies all patched up to make what Kirito is. Which in this case Kamui is not a single human so how will Sibyl System truly judge someone like Kamui who has to be calculated with a single number for a person when in fact is not possible since he himself is a collective existence. So this leads to the point where Kamui deduces "If Sibyl System can not judge me, there must be a flaw within the system." Afterwards he more than likely figured out that Sibyl System is an existence just like him which was comprised of different minds due to Sibyl System not being able to recognize or scan him. This then leads to Kamui's thought of " How is it justice if Sibyl System can judge others but can not judge itself?" All of this is mostly not said explicitly but you just have to figure these things out by really watching and thinking of why Kamui knew how Sibyl System worked.

HOWEVER, this isn't just what made season 2 more important than season 1 in terms of Sibyl System. If you watch even more closely, you'll realize that towards the end Kamui was finally able to get a resolution he wanted which was to see how Sibyl System will judge itself. But this goes onto explain that the one pointing the dominator at Sibyl System will more than likely change the judgement of the system depending on the person.

But the thing is, if the one pointing the dominator is working with the Sibyl System within the society are they also considered part of the system because they are cooperating in Sibyl System's judgement? Does this mean enforcers as well as inspectors are now considered part of Sibyl System? In the end of the series Sibyl System says they can not implement the calculation for groups'/faction's/society's/work groups' psycho pass yet. How will the collective/group judgement work for determining the psycho pass of WPC/Public Safety Bureau/ and especially the Sibyl System once it is set in place? Will Sibyl System's Psycho Pass still be judged under 100 because they are all asymptomatic people or will the collective judgement be different ? (even without it including the calculation with the one's who support Sibyl System.)

As said in the anime, this was Kamui Kirito's true goal. He wanted to question the existence and true worth of Sibyl System by putting himself as the sacrifice for the future of how Sibyl System will work. Kamui Kirito more or less knows that these questions will eventually lead to the end of Sybil System though.

This is my original non relevant thought but if more countries start developing cymatic scans/ crime coefficient/ hues/ calculation of psycho pass, will the country also be judged as a collective psycho pass as well? Pretty interesting right?

So tell me, how does this not contribute to anything to the overall scheme of the series?

a. No Kogami
c. Mika

I went off on a little tangent but next time you (anyone reading this post) see someone trashing psycho pass 2 just explain everything I wrote here and (hopefully) they change their minds.

EDIT: Btw I am not saying Psycho Pass 1 was not important since they were both important in their own ways. I even liked Psycho Pass 1 more because of how much detail and easy to understand the story was compared to s2 ( If anyone didn't understand s1/s2/movie that much just PM me and I'll explain it really well) . Also I think S3 is happening after seeing the end credits of the movie. I'm guessing another Fall release probably in 2016.
Psycho Pass is just amazing. There's still so much to be answered and the system is so unique & complex, if the producers/writers/etc wanted to make more money they can easily do it.

i'm deleting mal and taking a break of 2 years without animes after read this bullshit
Feb 8, 2018 5:49 PM

Mar 2016
I want a season 3 as well
Feb 8, 2018 6:33 PM

Feb 2010
@Hyuse agreed always felt that people bashed on psycho pass 2 for no good reason. it was a really good season.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 8, 2018 2:53 AM

Nov 2012
After the shitstain that was S2 I'm completely uninterested unless Urobuchi and production ig is back.
Mar 8, 2018 3:03 AM

Jun 2017
After the abortion that was the second season, I certainly hope they're able to do something actually on par with season 1.
Mar 8, 2018 4:29 AM

Apr 2016
It was just announced that Psycho-Pass will get a new anime January 2019.
- The new anime will be titled "Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System".

May 17, 2018 10:08 AM
Sep 2017
i realy want season 3, because i want to see mika fall into despair or dead!! god i realy hate her!!
May 25, 2018 12:03 PM

Oct 2009
Yerr I wish lol. It's 2018 m8
May 25, 2021 2:16 PM
Dec 2017
lol a season 3 did happen but not what you expected.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hyack - Jul 16, 2015

309 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 11, 10:49 PM

» Can We Just Pretend Like Season 2 Never Happened?

purple_rayn - Aug 5, 2015

10 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 11, 10:39 PM

» Can I pass season 2 before watching this movie?

jonnn9 - Jul 14, 2022

5 by Apoc_luther7 »»
Aug 11, 2022 5:18 PM

» Psycho-Pass Movie

Airwaker123 - Nov 1, 2015

27 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 30, 2021 12:35 PM

» does anyone know if it will have limited Blurays at the screening like GITS Arise, or are we gonna have to wait?

kuroluka - Dec 20, 2014

3 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 5:01 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.