Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 13, 2022 9:08 PM
Dec 2017
metropyramid said:
i've read a few chapters of the manga so i'm not entirely new but this was a good episode!

usagi is funny

Usagi is really cute indeed and also welcome to the world of magical girls!!! Fario and i would be more than happy to help you out getting more into it and also 1+ for having uta kata in your ptw.

May 8, 2022 7:49 PM

Jan 2021
Black_T-shirt said:
Damn, here I am, watching my first episode of Sailor Moon in 2022.

It's never too late to start. I watched my first one in 2018. ^w^
Sep 19, 2022 1:23 AM
Aug 2020
Sailor moon is an excellent staple of the magical girl genre. I feel like a kid again watching this really fun show.
Sep 22, 2022 2:42 PM

Feb 2015
lol I forgot how much I liked old school anime! They are so charming. That was an amazing transformation sequence!

Seriously though, can't believe I'm starting such an iconic series now... 30 years later. If the rest of the episodes are going to be as funny as this one, I'm definitely going to enjoy it.
Nov 12, 2022 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
What! I already love this!! The music, the charming art style, the action. Usagi is so funny. This is the first time I've seen an anime with an action heroine that acts not only human but her age. She questions why she's supposed to be the one to take care of evil when she's just a school girl! I like the representation. The character designs are so cute too. The opening theme song is catchy.

Poor Umino, they ignored and left him there.

Tuxedo Mask huh? I wonder if he was the guy with the shades that made fun of Usagi's grades. He took a strange interest in the jewelry shop.

Usagi did an amazing job for suffering a sequence of misfortunes. They can call her a crybaby but she just met a talking cat, transformed into a crime fighter, survived murder and took out a demon. All in one night! Let the poor girl get it out of her system!

In case you can't tell, I'm hooked!
Dec 7, 2022 1:57 PM

Feb 2017
The art, ost, and characters are wonderful , but it went downhill for me when Usagi started crying in the middle of the fight. It was pretty much the downfall for me. Other than that, I'm hoping for some character development. And I also agree with one of the other posts in which the Tuxedo Mask person just threw a rose, which I thought was very laughable also. Other than that, I'm looking forward for some development and more improvements in the future episodes.

『時間は限られています。時間は貴重です。今それを住んでいます。』

Dec 10, 2022 12:35 PM
Dec 2022
For a first episode to be watching in 2022, I have to say its just ok. If I would have watched this in the 90s I would go ape shit. Thought it is strong enough it does leave me wanting a little more to find out what happened.
Feb 5, 2023 4:19 PM
Jan 2017
As a 90s kid from Canada, I recall watching the DiC dub of Sailor Moon when I was growing up and I believe I even watched it before Pokémon had even come out here. I still remember being mesmerized when I first saw her transform. I think Serena was my first anime crush when I was young, haha.
I've already finished watching this version in full, but I just have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Aug 3, 2023 11:04 AM

Jul 2017
ahhh the 90's .... siimply beautiful what a cute episode :) i can't believe i'm finally starting my Sailor Moon journey i wanna cry
Sep 15, 2023 9:27 PM
Aug 2023
I did enjoy the first episode quite a bit.
I think it introduced Usagi Tsukino and her heroine form Sailor Moon well.
I think that the fight scene in this episode could of been a little more action packed, but I understand why it wasn't, due to character development, character introduction, and it being the first episode.

I'd give this episode a solid 8.5/10
Dec 11, 2023 10:40 PM
Dec 2023
watching this again for the first time in years showing this to my best friend and its still as amazing as ever
Apr 1, 3:18 AM

Jul 2017
a cute little episode, i liked it.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
May 26, 1:21 PM
Feb 2022
As an adult, I love looking back at how the author illustrates girlhood. Usagi and her classmates excited about little things like jewelry, food, and celebrities. Young girls are shown to be confident in themselves, what they eat, how beautiful they are, and how proud they are of the accomplishments of other women. It makes me happy to see that they are not shallow or catty to one another; they are just happy children. It truly encapsulates the emotions of what it means to be a young girl. I can see the author excited to finally make a superhero anime with all of the glitter, friendship, romance and action a little girls could possibly want.

I also love how realistic her initiation as a Sailor Soldier is. I can easily imagine a gutsy little girl running off to save her friend, only to find she is scared. It’s made even better because, over time, we see her finding her strength and confidence as a fighter for love and justice.

I agree that Usagi is not the most accurate representation of a young girls but she as abortable and relatable regardless even with all of the tears.
SilveryMoonlightMay 26, 1:28 PM
May 31, 3:21 PM

Dec 2018
This just aired on toonami Rewind on TV for the first time in over 20 years when the 90s english dub was airing on toonami back in 98-the early 2000s.

Jun 4, 1:12 PM
Feb 2020
sailor moon has begun airing fridays on adult swim as part of toonami rewind
i am very excited to be watching toonami rewind each week, as i enjoy these shows far more than what currently airs on the normal toonami block on saturdays, and i dont have to worry about falling asleep before they air as they air from 5pm to 7pm

i watched this episode once before many years ago and i enjoyed it then but never ended up watching more
a few months ago i watched one random episode that aired on pluto tv and i again enjoyed it

i am excited to finally be watching sailor moon officially
Jun 24, 6:37 PM
Apr 2018
Watching this episode is like travelling back in time. So far, so good. I was a bit taken aback to see Sailor Moon as a crybaby; whenever I saw her before, it's always in the midst of a transformation.
Aug 4, 4:51 PM

Jul 2017
I really wish I watched this back when I was little. I never saw the first episode and had the whole "oh no it's for girls, so other boys will make fun of me" thing.

I'm glad to finally be watching it. This is great! Beautiful designs and funny characters. I really enjoy how weird Usagi is.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yonatay - Dec 9, 2009

53 by satyrelfheim »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 33 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

41 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 32 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 12, 2010

28 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Apr 12, 2009

52 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 30 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 12, 2010

28 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.