Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2014 7:01 AM

Jan 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting to see how the alabasta arc started.
The animation is just a bit more up to date, but for some reason I disliked how Vivi looked here (prefer the original)
Jul 7, 2015 4:06 PM

Jan 2008
It managed to be worse than disastrous Movie 8. New art looks terrible to sloppy at its best and lack of inbetween shots makes me wonder why they even wasted cash on this. At least it's only 15 minutes long. And scene with Vivi pulling her hair up is lovely.
Jul 20, 2017 11:57 AM

Dec 2016
Even though the version I watched didn't have subtitles, I still knew the story, and it was still very much a fun watch!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 29, 2020 9:18 PM

May 2014
They removed Zoro's reaction where Zoro use his sword to slice a snot in two. Also Nami's punch is just too sudden. In addition, they changed Vivi's reaction to Igram boat getting blown up. This looks better in the original. I also agree Vivi looks better. The anime is dope though. Looks really good, that's the only thing. ^^ 3/5
mangalicker94Mar 29, 2020 9:24 PM
Jun 21, 2022 7:37 PM

Nov 2010
Miss Valentine is so cute! I remember having a crush on her when I was young.

That Zoro vs. Luffy fight looked so cool here!

Decent remaster of the original ep. 7/10
Dec 5, 2023 11:38 AM

Jan 2021
It's just a simple introduction to the Alabasta arc, they did impr⊙⊙ve the design of some (female) characters, but overall a good episode and almost impossible to find today. I watched mine without sub but that's still fine :)

More topics from this board

» One Piece: Episode of Alabasta - Prologue (Sub. Español + English)

eandresbarto - Jun 8, 2020

32 by eandresbarto »»
Nov 17, 2023 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.