Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2014 8:33 PM
Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Things seem to building towards the climax
Jan 19, 2015 7:39 PM

Sep 2014
Holy Crap! Badass Villain alert! ep 5.

Pros:

Kagato: Now this guy right here rocked. Cool voice, vampire esque design for menacing, and a competent fighter.

Plot: With Kagato here, the secrets are revealed. Yosho alive. Kagato the reason for the Jurai attack. Alot happens in the span of 25 mins.

ENding: Oh snap. Tenchi got shot! Ryoko's emotion is greatly expressed by Ms. Burchard. It gave chills. Ayeka's scream did the same.

5/5. This was an awesome ep and loaded with action and feels. Let's see the finale top it.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jun 4, 2015 3:12 AM

Jan 2012
Strong grandpa unlike his grandson.

Oct 5, 2015 11:35 AM

Nov 2013
The second last episode, it sure was well filled up, lots of things happened.

First of, the flashback of Ryouko about her experiences with Tenchi was really heartwarming. The reason behind her affection toward him is finally revealed!

And YES, my anticipation was correct, Katsuhito (Tenchi's grandfather) really is the samurai Yosho from the old legend. His reason for staying on Earth was truly tearjerking, he chose the path that ultimately leads to death, instead of the one that could grant him immortality. Chō kakkoii, Katsuhito-sama. (チョーカッコイイ、勝仁さま。)

I hope Tenchi's okay, though, he got hit pretty badly... come on, show that you're not hurt, you're a man, aren't you? Only real men deserve to have a harem!

Now, the last episode... I hope they'll kick Kagato's ass real good for hurting Tenchi like that >_<
"No matter how wonderful a memory is, there comes a time when you have to move on and start living in the present. Dwelling on past happiness doesn't bring true happiness. You don't need to fill your arms with happy memories from the past. There's plenty of happiness right in front of you. Just reach out and grab it. I want us to look towards the future together." --- Yaya Hanatsu
Aug 3, 2017 5:51 PM
Sep 2015
Keiichi-kun said:
First of, the flashback of Ryouko about her experiences with Tenchi was really heartwarming. The reason behind her affection toward him is finally revealed!

And it completely fails to mesh with the fact that she tried her hardest to murder him in the first episode. The writers seem to have completely forgotten that little bit of the story.
Jan 27, 2020 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
Golly, Gramps can fight!

&++ Norio Wakamoto voicing Kagato never gets old!
Jan 28, 2020 5:10 PM

Jun 2015
Good old Norio Wakamoto voicing. On to the finale and then the specials

kalinime said:
Keiichi-kun said:

And it completely fails to mesh with the fact that she tried her hardest to murder him in the first episode. The writers seem to have completely forgotten that little bit of the story.

Yes, this is really weird indeed
Mar 3, 2020 10:40 AM

Nov 2017
Ryoko has always been somewhat playful and crazy, that's what I love about her.

We get Washu in the next ep, couldn't remember if she made it this go-around.

Still dealing with the fact Ayeka was going to marry her half brother, now grand nephew. But I guess a grand nephew is a little better, more time to mix the blood.

Tenchi is totally going to sleep with his creepy half-great-aunt someday.

Tenchi gets all the girls.
Sep 4, 2020 7:22 PM
May 2020
Action packed for sure! But I am kind of confused by Ryoko's backstory. If she has indeed been watching him since he was a baby, why was she so harsh, trying to kill him, when he released her from the cave and they were finally face to face?
Jul 27, 2022 5:37 PM

Dec 2015
I guess it makes sense that Ryoko was always there watching Tenchi. Seeing her cry because of what Aeka said when she was smashed was a bit surprising.

Took me a while to notice this but isn't Aeka the queen. Kagato addresses her as 王女・おうじょ・oujyo and Sasami as a princess 姫・ひめ・hime。

Gramps finally tells the truth but I wonder about his lifespan and what he did all these years before he had Tenchi's dad.
Jul 27, 2023 1:31 PM
Mar 2017
it is a little weird ryoko saying she wanted "to play" with tenchi as she watched him grow up vs. trying to kill him in the first episode. you could possibly say she wasn't actually trying to and was toying with him, but i'm unsure. still an awesome episode. grandpa turned out to be a secret badass. story is definitely rushed since it's only six episodes and we're just now getting all this crazy development.
Aug 17, 2023 8:22 PM

Jul 2017
Wow, a very dramatic episode! The villainous Kagato appears, Tenchi and co. take him on and fail terribly. Ryoko is possessed. Tenchi's grandpa, who is revealed to be Yosho, shows us his moves. And what a cliffhanger ending!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 6 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Jan 2, 2012

10 by satyrelfheim »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 4 Discussion

ScrewBall - May 19, 2010

12 by satyrelfheim »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 3 Discussion

13 by satyrelfheim »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 2 Discussion

9 by satyrelfheim »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:35 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 1 Discussion

19 by satyrelfheim »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.