Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2014 4:47 PM

Jul 2014
Hey Friends,
I'm new in the anime world, so that's the reason i need all you pro's to help me!

I really don't know what to watch, but i like if you guys could recommend me some anime's?

Ohh.. and i have to mention that I prefer English Dubbed

I would really love if you could recommend me something like:
Guilty Crown
Sword Art Online
Highschool DXD (I really love the romance in this one it's really unique!)
Clannad

Categories I like:
Demons (Like in Highschool DXD)
Superpowers (mostly if it's the MC that has a unique power)
Supernatural
Harem (My favorite category, like in Date A Live and Clannad
Ecchi
Romance
Drama
Action
Adventure

Categories I dont like:
Mecha
Hentai

And please feel free to post your favorite Anime!

Thanks I appreciate the help :-)!
Jul 28, 2014 4:51 PM

Jan 2013
Plural for anime is just anime.
And to be honest, most of my 10's and 9's are great anime, there are some you havent watched yet :)
Jul 28, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2014
PrOxAnto said:
Plural for anime is just anime.
And to be honest, most of my 10's and 9's are great anime, there are some you havent watched yet :)

Okay thanks, I'll have a look :-)
Jul 28, 2014 5:05 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
07ghost.
kanon (2006).
blood lad.
jojo's bizarre adventure.
hunter x hunter (2011)
toaru majutsu no index + toaru kagaku no railgun

that's what i'd recommend to you based off of what you said you like. toaru have dubs. not sure about the rest.
ToarujisuruJul 28, 2014 5:08 PM
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jul 28, 2014 5:08 PM

Oct 2007
Yes, you have seen the only 15 good series out of the 10,000 or so anime that have been made. Sad times :'(
Jul 28, 2014 5:13 PM

Jul 2014
Kuromii said:
Yes, you have seen the only 15 good series out of the 10,000 or so anime that have been made. Sad times :'(

I really hope that one was a joke :O!
Jul 28, 2014 5:22 PM

Jun 2014
if you enjoy dubs and like action you will like black lagoon best action ever awsome voice acting and awsome charcters revy to awsome <3

jormungand good action good voice acting good charcters and it have a bit of romance not a whole lot thouge same thing with black lagoon

gunslinger girls have a good dub its a differnt type of show thouge and isent for every one i relly enjoyed it

claymore good dub good action good story good charcters the ending was bullshit thouge this is a must watch for every one

school days maybe? differnt type of harem and alot of people hate it i loved it i dont know if the dub is any good for this one iv only watched the sub

log horizon if you liked sword art you will proberly like this as well

accel world written by the same guy as sword art have action and romance the main charcter is a little bitch thouge and the dub is good

black bullet harem action show with lolis it can be pretty dark i relly liked this show despite of the lolis... this show havent been dubbed yet

second season of highschool dxd? highschool dxd new

elfen lied decent dub gory as hell ecchi good action

fate/zero and fate/stay nigth good dub good action can be kinda slow stay nigth have a bit of romance

Samurai Champloo relly good show dont know about the dub i watched the sub

attack on titan must watch show the dub is god awful thouge

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! this show is sorta special its depressing but still funny as fuck dont know if it have been dubbed yet
Jul 28, 2014 5:22 PM

Jun 2010
>Have i watched all the good anime's?
No.
Your favorites are implying the exact opposite, actually.
But I digress.

Please refer to these:
http://i.imgur.com/0vGMNYB.jpg
http://i4.minus.com/i2qUoMXGWMwAm.jpg
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/39/1animechartzver12.jpg
Jul 28, 2014 5:32 PM
Nov 2007
Baccano IMO is the best dubbed anime. This also has some of the elements you're looking for.

I watched fullmetal alchemist, and brotherhood (which is ranked #1 on MAL) dubbed.

I hear black lagoon's dubbing is good too.
Jul 28, 2014 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
You are basically me from about a year and a half ago based on your list (except you are much kinder to some of those anime than I was). If you prefer dub then that's fine but I will give you a list of just those, dub improves some shows and makes other a lot worse.

But before that, have you seriously not watched the second season of Code Geass? That is what your list suggests and that is just criminal.

Dubs

-B Gata H Kei (Ecchi/comedy with hint of harem)
-Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (comedy / harem)
-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Shounen/ politics/ fighting demons) P.s its the highest rated anime on this website, not
-Kekkaishi (Hard to explain but its esentially about a boy gaurding an area from demons whilst trying to get the girl).
-Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (this is on your plan to watch list I believe)
-Seto no Hanayome (Almost identical to baka and test in setup).
-A certain magical index and/or (watch them both) A Certain Scientific Railgun
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Believe in the me that believes in you and watch this anime)
-Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (Its good but I actually think that this show is rather average in places but watch it just for the movie at the end because that movie is spectacular).

I tried taking your tastes into account, hope these is something in here that you can like and these are pretty much all the anime which fit your description and have good dubs. There are many other great shows but dubs can be hit or miss.

Also I am assuming you know about "Bleach" as its rather famous and pretty much exactly what you seem to like. Its rather long but certainly worth your time and, in my opinion, has a very solid dub.

P.S If you do watch Bleach, be sure to skip the filler, messes up the pacing of the show.
birdwithoutawordJul 28, 2014 5:49 PM
People die if they are killed but that's no reason to pleasure yourself with a fish
Jul 28, 2014 5:56 PM

Jul 2014
birdwithoutaword said:
You are basically me from about a year and a half ago based on your list (except you are much kinder to some of those anime than I was). If you prefer dub then that's fine but I will give you a list of just those, dub improves some shows and makes other a lot worse.

But before that, have you seriously not watched the second season of Code Geass? That is what your list suggests and that is just criminal.

Dubs

-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Shounen/ politics/ fighting demons) P.s its the highest rated anime on this website, not
-Kekkaishi (Hard to explain but its esentially about a boy gaurding an area from demons whilst trying to get the girl).
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Believe in the me that believes in you and watch this anime)
-Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (Its good but I actually think that this show is rather average in places but watch it just for the movie at the end because that movie is spectacular).

I tried taking your tastes into account, hope these is something in here that you can like and these are pretty much all the anime which fit your description and have good dubs. There are many other great shows but dubs can be hit or miss.

Also I am assuming you know about "Bleach" as its rather famous and pretty much exactly what you seem to like. Its rather long but certainly worth your time and, in my opinion, has a very solid dub.

P.S If you do watch Bleach, be sure to skip the filler, messes up the pacing of the show.

You are a life saver!!!
I'll start from the top! :-D

I consider Accel world, is it any good?

Thanks for the Replies MAL users!
Jul 28, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2013
NoLifeWithout said:
birdwithoutaword said:

Dubs

You are a life saver!!!
I'll start from the top! :-D

I consider Accel world, is it any good?

Thanks for the Replies MAL users!

Truth be told I can't really recommend that you watch Accel World, whilst the first half is rather interesting, the second half of the anime is so weak that all I ever remember is just how annoyed I was while watching it. The show's problem is that people don't act like rational human beings and all decision making is absurd.

Example with a mild spoiler, a certain character blames the MC for getting kicked out of school (even though it was not really the MC's fault), so this character decides that the best way to get revenge on the MC is by attempting to commit double vehicular homicide :|
People die if they are killed but that's no reason to pleasure yourself with a fish

More topics from this board

» Anime with older protagonists (25+)

builttospill - 7 hours ago

3 by duchessliz87 »»
2 hours ago

» Recommend me some based on my likes

Charuwin - 9 hours ago

3 by M2zC »»
3 hours ago

» Ecchi anime for straight women or gay men

princefaking - 8 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

36 by BlueBullet178 »»
Yesterday, 5:51 PM

» Fantasy Setting and Magics Anime

shiroha - Jun 2

9 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 2:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.