Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2014 8:01 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
FINALLY SOME REVENGE TIME. It tastes delicious.
Aug 23, 2016 5:40 PM

Aug 2014
Glad to have you back Okuyasu :)

The clock is ticking for Kira...
Nov 6, 2017 1:07 PM

Feb 2013
Okuyasu is back!
It's game over for Kira.
Jan 5, 2019 8:17 AM

Feb 2013
Wtf, he used Bites the Dust again!
Sep 27, 2019 4:27 PM

May 2016
They're very lucky to have healed Okuyasu and kept him safe from being turned into a bomb by Killer Queen despite his being dead already because the Hand was the one Stand that completely countered Kira's trump card, Stray Cat!

He's finally surrounded from all sides and there's no escape now. Unless...

Sep 6, 2020 10:23 AM

Jun 2016
I would like to take this time to talk about a potential criticism I have for Kira and his final fight. Outside of the times that he used or may use his time manipulation, he has never felt like that big of a deal to me. Taking that into account, it was still a child who was able to stop his time loop. He has powers which can kill instantaneously, but the only people he kills are minor characters like Shigechi or Aya or Reimi, or no names. Further, when facing the squads, he lost once, barely escaping, and he is looking like he will lose again. Even Okuyasu survived.

Perhaps he's about to pull out the big guns, but I wanted to mention that he's the kind of villain who has overwhelming power but doesn't use it to great effect. I still find myself worrying about his safety more or equally than the heroes, and that's a weird feeling for the final boss who is this destruction master who can rewind time. The reason I say this is a potential criticism rather than a criticism is because this doesn't need to be a bad thing, rather a subversive thing. Kira has stated explicitly that he doesn't like fighting, his stand abilities are often automatic. His skill is blending in and picking off the weak, he's a predator. The moment where he ran away and changed his face will go down in JoJo history. This feeling I have may be intentional.

However, this is also matched with another unexpected trait to the final fight. On top of having a losing track record with all of the main gang he has come across, none of the gang have a deep relationship with him except for Rohan. This makes sense, almost nobody has a deep relationship with Kira. But, nonetheless, it gives the slow process of finding him through defeating stand users who only tangentially have to do with him, and bringing everyone together into a casual encounter due to a coincidence the same feeling. The feeling of this being, well, not a huge deal. My attachment to this fight is the same attachment I hold to a really cool stand of the week battle. Maybe on the tier of something like Vanilla Ice.

To repeat, this could even actually be a compliment in how it suits Kira, but it's a feeling I wanted to put out there to reflect on and see if it changes with the final chapters.
Jul 22, 4:04 PM
Dec 2022
Okuyasu beloved is back
its cooked Kira

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 174 Discussion

ClosedCX - Dec 3, 2010

36 by wallus81 »»
Jul 22, 4:24 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 4: Diamond wa Kudakenai Chapter 173 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 23, 2016

6 by wallus81 »»
Jul 22, 4:17 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 171 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

7 by wallus81 »»
Jul 22, 4:07 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 161 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

7 by wallus81 »»
Jul 22, 3:15 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 155 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

7 by wallus81 »»
Jul 22, 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.