Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2009 7:55 PM

May 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Let Dai has ended. I don't really know what I feel about the ending. It wasn't particularly satisfying for me, but it wasn't like jaw dropping-ly awful. I really wish they gave a clear picture on what exactly happened to Dai and Jaehee. In my heart, i'll just believe they found each other, but still even my imagination needs a little push.

And another question, why send pictures to a blind woman? And who exactly the hell was that dude?

Man, I wish it ended better.
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Aug 18, 2009 6:47 PM

Dec 2008
I think I understand what you felt for the ending. I felt kind of the same thing; not something terrible, but not something really... conclusive.

Well, I really believe *or I really want to believe* that they found each other... we have some hints for this, like, when their friends are talking in the car, in the end, they say that Jaehee is doing well. I don't know if I'm right, but after reading the whole story, the only way for Jaehee to be 'happy' is with Dai. And in other way, after reading that message from Dai, we can assume that no matter how, they will always find each other.

About the pictures, I really wished that we could see at least one of them... is so sad ;;

But about that dude... until now I can't find an explication for him...
sometimes I believe that he WAS Dai. It's not usual from Dai to tell all that things to another person that wasn't Jaehee, you know. Besides that, all the similarity with Dai was just too strange. In my head, after telling Jaehee about the letter, that 'guy' waited for him in the house and they went together to the US, or something like that... lol

Well, the good thing about this kind of ending is that allow us to imagine all the things that we want, you know.
And after all that, I think Let Dai is the most beautiful love story that I've ever read :')
hisohisoMar 12, 2010 6:29 PM
Aug 24, 2009 6:45 PM

May 2008
Anna_Shirou said:
I think I understand what you felt for the ending. I felt kind of the same thing; not something terrible, but not something really... conclusive.

Well, I really believe *or I really want to believe* that they found each other... we have some hints for this, like, when their friends are talking in the car, in the end, they say that Jaehee is doing well. I don't know if I'm right, but after reading the whole story, the only way for Jaehee to be 'happy' is with Dai. And in other way, after reading that message from Dai, we can assume that no matter how, they will always find each other.

About the pictures, I really wished that we could see at least one of them... is so sad ;;

But about that dude... until now I can't find an explication for him...
sometimes I believe that he WAS Dai. It's not usual from Dai to tell all that things to another person that wasn't Jaehee, you know. Besides that, all the similarity with Dai was just too strange. In my head, after telling Jaehee about the letter, that 'guy' waited for him in the house and they went together to the US, or something like that... lol

Well, the good thing about this kind of ending is that allow us to imagine all the things that we want, you know.
And after all that, I think Let Dai is the most beautiful love story that I've ever read :')

*and sorry for some mistakes, writing in English is not one of my good points XD*
mm, definitely! I love this story, it's just so sweet and so romantic!

I totally agree with you about the picture. I really wish I saw some of them, then I could've come to a better conclusion about the ending. Oh I wish the last page of Let Dai was a picture of Dai and Jaehee~ that'd just be perfect!
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Nov 28, 2009 7:50 AM
Nov 2009
I think Dai has not been hiding, he has been waiting for Jaehee. I remembered the message of Dai for Jaehee: "Jaehee, wherever I am, find me and take me to where you are! - To my immortal love" And at that time, Jaehee thought: "Then, I accepted that it was my fate to find Dai... The one and only Dai in the entire wide world." (thank God, it was "accepted", was not "decided"). So I definately believed that they will meet each other.

There is no way to find out a man who want to hide; but you can find him if he is waiting for you, and want to be find wherever he is, even if without any contact for a long time.

I thought the man who Jaehee met in the cabin was Dai. I absolutely agree with Anna that: It's not usual from Dai to tell all that things to another person that wasn't Jaehee - especially the place he hidden the message. Maybe Dai has waiting for Jaehee for so long, so he came back to find Jaehee again, and to be sure what Jaehee was thinking about him. With the Jaehee's answer, he showed Jaehee where the message was. Because he believed that: Jaehee is going to find Dai.

"...Wherever I am, find me and take me to where you are!..."

That's all! :)
I post this comment at Netcomics.com once, but i want to post in this forum again, I want to give some of my thinking :) Finally, if you want to see some picture of D&J, why don't you go to Let Dai's picture gallery, I like the picture 10825I.jpg, maybe it is the answer ;)
rim1509Nov 28, 2009 8:00 AM
Dec 16, 2009 10:58 AM

Oct 2008
I felt the same as you, guys. I know this final was perfect for the series, but I can't help my curiosity... Like you said, I also imagine they found each other, and I also think the cabin man was Dai. And I don't think he would want Jaehee to chase after him if he was already dead.
There's just something that bothers me: the cabin guy was coughing, and he was wearing that mask. Could it be that Dai fell ill while he was in America?

I think we'll never know the answers for our questions... but definitely, I agree that this is the most beautiful love story that I've ever read.

Sorry for my bad English.
Mar 12, 2010 6:35 PM

Dec 2008
Jessie said:
There's just something that bothers me: the cabin guy was coughing, and he was wearing that mask. Could it be that Dai fell ill while he was in America?

hm, I was just reading this again and thinking about the story... and now the more I think, more that guy in the cabin seems like Dai for me.
...the coughing and the mask, maybe that is some proof the guy was really Dai, he was wearing the mask to hide his face and used the 'sick' excuse for changing his voice, or something like that?

oh god, all this time and I still think about this strange end and how great this story is... ^^'
hisohisoMar 12, 2010 6:38 PM
Mar 14, 2010 7:59 AM

May 2009
The guy in the cabin has to be Dai. He's not the kind of person who tells others about his thoughts so freely.
I believe his denial has a lot to do with what he told his dad before leaving - that he'd never return - and so when Jaehee asks if he was Dai, he denies it. In a way, the old Dai is dead, he's a new, rejuvenated, not-as-angsty Dai.

Overall, though, this was just too much drama and felt a lot more like a soap opera than a teen coming-of-age story. It certainly is a coming-of-age story, but I just thought the whole it was overshadowed by a bit too much unnecessary drama.
Jul 8, 2010 8:56 PM

Oct 2008
When it comes to the excessive drama, I don't think it's like soap opera. I think it's like a greek tragedy or something like that. I like it, though :)
Jul 13, 2010 4:21 PM

Nov 2008
Maybe Dai was dying, and wanted to see Jaehee before he died... because he knew Jaehee wouldn't be able to live without Dai he sent Jaehee to America. Having a purpose like that, giving Jaehee something to do with his life (even if it's something so pointless as searching for a dead man), could lead him to a happier life than a life mourning Dai.

Or maybe Dai wanted to escape his father, the drama, and the rest of Koera, so sent Jaehee to America so that he could follow him and they could live there peacefully?

Or maybe the guy in the cabin wasn't Dai at all. Maybe it was his brother just trying to get Jaehee off of his back. Or maybe it really was just an old, sick friend of Dai's.

What worries me most was all the foreshadowing of either Jaehee's or Dai's death. There was so much talk of one of them dying, or being 'dead' in a less literal sense. I think I would have been more satisfied if one of them HAD died, and the other had followed them (either literally, or how Dai described a 'dead life' without Jaehee).

argh, how can an author leave us with so many questions like that? D;

maybe she's just hoping for lots of fanfiction OTL

i hope this gets made into an anime and they expand on the ending.
Dec 13, 2010 9:05 PM

Jun 2009
I just finished reading let dai for the 2nd time. I think i understand it a lot better this time. What I think:
The guy at the cabin WAS Dai.
Before, Dai is the reason the teacher Crangela lost her eye sight. Dai feels horrible for what he did to her. the cabin guy says so as well. Jaehee asks to see the cabin guy's eyes. The cabin guy tells Jaehee that is impossible. As sick as it sounds I think Dai must have destroyed his own eye sight as a way of atoning for his sin.

Also cabin guy's hair looks to be blond, his voice is said to be low like Dai's, Jaehee describes him as having dark hands and a familiar body build. The guy also knows personal stories about Dai too well. The way the cabin guy hugs Jaehee at the end does not seem like a hug between strangers.

Throughout the book at the begining of chapters there is random art showing what looks like Dai and Jaehee traveling. I think these pictures probably show what happened after they found each other
Feb 2, 2011 1:09 PM
Aug 2009
But if the cabin guy was Dai, why would he tell Jaehee to go look for that note and later on look for him? He was already there, before him. I think that, after reading that note, Jaehee returned to the cabin and went with Dai to America. That;s only reasonable. The note only confirmed the cabin guy was Dai, since they've already found each other.

I agree with you guys, that Dai doesn't reveal his feelings just to anyone. So this strengthens my theory that the cabin guy MUST be him. And, perhaps, you guys are also right about Dai's eyesight. I've never thought about it.

I don't like how the manhwa ends. There are too many cliffhangers. I mean, they all philosophize all the time, everything is as clear as day throughout the entire story, and then the artist leaves us in dark about TOO many things.
Mar 19, 2011 10:33 AM

Mar 2010
Yes I believe he was the man in the cabin as well, and as many do believe I think he harmed himself with his eyes somehow due to what he had happen to Crangela.

But seriously this Manhwa killed me, I've never read a story that brought such deep emotion from me like this.

May 23, 2011 5:45 AM
May 2011
im so in love with this mahnwa that i have read it 3 times lol and i collected all the volumes XD when i read it for the first time i cried so much lol not out of sadness but of dissapointment that it ended the way it did...it irked me that the artist would end it like that, though since i now own all the volumes i recently discovered that the when they separate the chapters with random illustrations of dai and jaehee, i like to believe that those pictures resemble them in America, or where ever they are in the world happy and together...sorry if yuu dont understand what i mean...its like 5am and i havent slept hahaha....so yeah that's what i believe :D
Jul 4, 2011 5:24 PM

Jan 2010
AzukiPAN said:
The guy also knows personal stories about Dai too well. The way the cabin guy hugs Jaehee at the end does not seem like a hug between strangers.

They hugged?! I looked at my manhwa again but there weren't any hug scene between the cabin guy and Jaehee. D:
Oct 10, 2011 5:24 PM
Oct 2011
After i finished reading Let Dai ,mine heart was broken.the ending is driving me crazy.i am really confuse .maybe there is going to be short story .im so pissed rite now.i cried and i didn't sleep for 28 hr b4 i went to sleep.this story is one of best ,but the ending is killing me.
jillxoxoOct 10, 2011 5:31 PM
Oct 13, 2011 1:28 PM

Mar 2009
They surely hugged when the guy was telling him about the note Dai left in the airport. And I'm sure they found each other.

but holy hell it was so painful to read. I was crying through all the last volume scared shitless that something awful was going to happen. So fcking glad they are both alive, because as long as they are alive they will find each other. And be happy.
But love is so painful. Always so painful.

I wish my english was better ._.
Oct 14, 2011 7:22 PM

Dec 2008
wounder said:
but holy hell it was so painful to read. I was crying through all the last volume scared shitless that something awful was going to happen. So fcking glad they are both alive, because as long as they are alive they will find each other. And be happy.
But love is so painful. Always so painful.

...resuming my feelings for the manga in some phrases.
Nov 20, 2011 3:57 AM

Oct 2011
Loved the story, the art was also really great, it's just a pity that the end wasn't so solid, it could have been more clarifying but I really liked all of it in general ^^
really heartwarming story although really sad as well
Jun 2, 2012 6:24 PM
Jun 2012
I think Dai was the person in the cabin. He said he wasn't Dai, because Jaehee was his everything. So without Jaehee he was nothing. He needed Jaehee to come to him and make him whole again.
Oct 31, 2012 11:32 PM

Aug 2009
AzukiPAN said:
As sick as it sounds I think Dai must have destroyed his own eye sight as a way of atoning for his sin.

While that's certainly plausible, and very Dai, I can't help remembering the words Dai's father said to one of the guards. "And as we planned, you bring him to America and finish your duties before you return." He was really shocked by Miss Jin's loss of sight... Or more shocked by what Dai was capable of, I guess. Those words make me think Dai's father was responsible for Dai lost eyesight, if we are guessing correctly.

AzukiPAN said:
Throughout the book at the begining of chapters there is random art showing what looks like Dai and Jaehee traveling. I think these pictures probably show what happened after they found each other

This. I hadn't noticed. Great eye and excellent observation skills. And it really makes me happy inside as it gives us more hints of Jaehee and Dai having found each other. <3
Jan 2, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah, the ending was too vague. I really want to know who the cabin guy is for sure. It doesn't seem likely that Dai would tell someone his thoughts and feelings unless it was Jaehee, but also the way he spoke about Dai, it seemed like he was really another person. He even said things like how he is envious of Jaehee and that he liked Dai too. But I guess he could also lie by making up those things...

I was also thinking that if the cabin guy is Dai, then he might've hurt his own eyes to repent, but then I reread the scene again, and when Jaehee first gets in the cabin, the cabin guy says: "Stop making that face. It's choking because you're throwing out too many questions at once".
That means he can see Jaehee's face, so his eyesight must be okay right??
Of coarse it could be a mistake on the author's part.

AUURGHH It doesn't seem that the ending was a tragedy for the two, but still, I would like to know more about the cabin guy and what happened to the two in America.
May 3, 2014 5:01 AM

Oct 2012
the author gives us open ending, like sakura gari probably. i believe that Jaehee reunite with Dai at the end. i hope so. the last message in the letter is pretty much a clue to me..
But am i the only one who deeply hate Yooneun?!! GODDAMMIT! FUCK THIS BITCH! She should be the one to blame for

anyway this was a depressing read!
i really hopw jaehee and Dai reunite!
zozeMay 3, 2014 9:10 PM
Feb 8, 2015 8:09 AM

Aug 2014
the cabin guy is a cruel mystery, i certainly don't want to think of the possibility that dai might be
sick or dying
a lot says it's dai and a lot says it's not
he was talking so openly about his feelings which was so unlike the dai we all know but then time passes and people change especially dai after the incident with miss jin i'm sure he felt that he wanted to change

as for when they mentioned dai sending pictures to miss jin, it reminded me of some of the manga covers that had one or both of them seemingly in a foreign country(or not?) those covers always had me wondering if that's how this manga is going to end that is until i actually finished reading it

i'm not satisfied about the ending but it's not absolutely horrible
Mar 22, 2015 2:33 PM
Feb 2015
I dont think the end is this open.
AzukiPAN said:

Thanks a lot for this notice! My heart jump in joy when I looked at the pictures again.

AzukiPAN said:

As sick as it sounds I think Dai must have destroyed his own eye sight as a way of atoning for his sin.

I had the same feeling. Somehow it also makes sense with the emty card for Miss Crangela and Dai injured himself quiet some time. But on the other hand it`s so not like Dai to feel pity. Maybe it`s like Pyapi wrote:
Pyapi said:

Those words make me think Dai's father was responsible for Dai lost eyesight, if we are guessing correctly.

Or maybe everthing is just all right and only pure Naru has to miss Eunhyung.

I also wonder why -- if the guy in the cabin is Dai (what I think) -- he says that he don`t know where Dai is at the moment. Is it because he said to his father that he wouldn`t come back, or has he lost his self without Jaehee?
MoshiMoshiiihMar 22, 2015 2:49 PM
Dec 11, 2015 2:27 AM

Mar 2010
I think the ending is amazing! Of course, at first it is a bit disappointing because we're all used to stereotypical good or bad endings, but I think this kind of open ending couldn't be better for this manhwa since Dai, as a person, is completely unpredictable :)
Mar 15, 2017 12:49 PM

Nov 2013
well I find the fact that Jaehee found the guy in cabin similar to Dai is suspicious since as being lover himself he should know the best about one another so he was probably not wrong and Dai is the type that does things his own ways. Like first time he came back to Korea to find Jaehee (when he found him sleeping in his bed) but that means the letter wasn't touched yet and so he still craved to be found by his lover and so he probably also wanted to encourage Jaehee to leave Korea and consider living in America like that as well since when leaving the house Dai told his father that he will never come back.
Anyway this story brought so many feels and the ending could be better because we all are just guessing but I hope the end is right like they find each other and stuff ♡ we need such stories now days too since all is more focused on smut now. Not that I'm complaining but I do wish there would be more great plots too like this one ♡ *I'm having too many different feels*
call me Riku-chan

Oct 20, 2017 6:02 PM

Apr 2014
not satisfied with the ending. i think it was rushed, not "open-ended". seriously there is 15 volumes with a lot of dragged out moments and then the ending is just like bam!

the cabin scene especially seems lackluster. was that Dai or not? i think it's Dai but then what's up with him being all sick and not even revealing himself to Jaehee? if it was Dai then why did he send him to America if he's already in Korea? so confused.

and the idea that he took his own eyesight by the people above me doesn't make sense, how would he be able to get to the cabin all by himself with no eyesight? plus there's a scene where he tells Jaehee to not make a certain expression or something, meaning he saw his face

it just makes no sense to me, but i guess it's kind of hopeless to wait for a sequel or something since this manga is already super old

but overall, i did enjoy the manga to a certain extent. i came with high expectations and honestly was super disappointed initially. the beginning of the manga was very poor imo, but it got better with the chapters. i think the best parts of the manga were in the middle. towards the end it kind of became dragged out and dramatic for no reason, and then the ending was kinda shitty too. but i did enjoy some parts of the manga a lot, so there's that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2017 4:59 AM
Nov 2016
I just want to say that the guy in the cabin was NOT blind. He made ramen and then bustled around the cabin afterward. He obviously can't show his eyes because it would reveal his identity. Also, I do believe that he was Dai. Mainly because he had that story about turning around and going home and the time they went to the beach when Jaehee was really ill. Dai is not the type to talk about that sort of thing to others. The cabin guy said he was jealous of Jaehee, but he didn't say how or why. Maybe not jealous of the relationship, but of his quiet home life and not being the son of someone important. The guy was coughing, but he said it was just allergies, which I would like to believe. The only thing I thought was off was that his coloring was pale, not tan like Dai. So, maybe he was ill. Or just pale from not being out in the sun since it was winter? Who knows!? Jaehee did notice his "strong dark hand" so really, who knows if its Dai and if he's sick. Finally,is Dai really giving the key to his secluded cabin to some guy who is not Jaehee? No f-ing way. When Dai tells his brother the truth about their relationship, he says that it doesn't matter if it's a man or woman as long as it's Jaehee. So, if Jaehee doesn't even have a key, no one does! This story was an emotional roller coaster. I going to believe that Jaehee came back to the cabin from the airport and Dai revealed himself and then they went to America. I can live with that ending. Now that I think hard about it, it's a good thing to send Jaehee on a trip away to the airport. Otherwise, their meeting in that cabin would have been like a time bomb in their hearts. All those months of desperate longing... That initial meeting was diffused by Dai's disguise. Ok, I'm off to watch some happy ending anime to clear my head of this crazy sad and perplexing story.
Eldana1Dec 7, 2017 6:36 AM
May 22, 2018 4:21 AM
May 2018
So I'm only a million years late to this. But a couple things:

First, this ending killed me. But not because it was open, necessarily. For me, all logic pointed to the idea that they lived 'happily ever after' together in America. And while obviously we all want that, I have serious issues with all the foreshadowing in that case. I mean, it was heavy af. Literally any time they touched it was all poetic and tragic and you're left like holy shit, this ending is gonna destroy me. I guess it just felt like it didn't live up to the promises. I definitely thought Dai was going to die, and maybe he did? If it was him coughing in the cabin and then maybe he was sick or I'd don't know. I think open endings can work, but not with all of this philosophical tragic foreshadowing. I dig it so hard, don't get me wrong. But in story telling you HAVE to fulfill your promises, and all of the nostalgic foreshadowing promised us an emotionally destroying ending.

As for Dai's eyes (if he's the guy in the cabin and the theory is correct about him ruining his eyes. In other words, disregarding the evidence that his eyes are fine) I just had a thought that him doing that to himself actually would be completely in his character. Not out of feeling horrible as much as his "eye for an eye" (lol literally) way of living. So it would have been pretty straightforward. Not emotional. Like when he beat up the rapists and paid for their hospital bills.

Other than the ending and the weird beginning, this manhwa was incredible. The scene transitions, fully developed characters, poetic phrases, agh. I love.
Jun 6, 2019 12:27 AM
May 2017
AzukiPAN said:
I just finished reading let dai for the 2nd time. I think i understand it a lot better this time. What I think:
The guy at the cabin WAS Dai.
Before, Dai is the reason the teacher Crangela lost her eye sight. Dai feels horrible for what he did to her. the cabin guy says so as well. Jaehee asks to see the cabin guy's eyes. The cabin guy tells Jaehee that is impossible. As sick as it sounds I think Dai must have destroyed his own eye sight as a way of atoning for his sin.

Also cabin guy's hair looks to be blond, his voice is said to be low like Dai's, Jaehee describes him as having dark hands and a familiar body build. The guy also knows personal stories about Dai too well. The way the cabin guy hugs Jaehee at the end does not seem like a hug between strangers.

The cabin guy mentions something about Jaehee's face which leads me to believe that he can indeed see. I think the reason that he didn't let him look at his eyes is because Dai didn't want to directly look at Jaehee's eyes. He always talked about how he loved Jaehee's eyes and how full they were. I think he just didn't want to give himself away, and making eye contact with Jaehee would capture Dai completely.
Mar 8, 2020 9:54 PM
Jan 2014
I still think the guy that’s fully covered with clothes was Dai. He probably didn’t want to openly confess that it was him for the fear that his dad might eventually find out about it and try to separate the two again. In my head, after reading Dai’s letter he went back to the lodge and left together with Dai. There were so many hints and foreshadowing when Jaehee was talking about how similar that guy was to Dai and the uneasiness that he felt. Also why would that guy overreact as to have the can slipped off his hand when Jaehee mentioned that he knows the guy was him?
Apr 18, 2020 6:58 PM

Apr 2018
i wish we could have seen naru’s tattoos once they were completed
Aug 7, 2020 8:51 AM
Jan 2018
after thinking hard about the ending and reading the comments, i’ve come to conclusion that the cabin guy must’ve been dai. No doubt. Dai must’ve came to look for jae hee at that time bcs he’s dying and wants to spend his last moments with him travelling. but i still don’t get why he must send jae hee to find that note AFTER they met at the cabin. anyways, wte the ending was, at least they found each other. that’s good enough.

oh n i have to say this. I FCKING HATE THAT BITCH YOONEUN. she acts and her thoughts are so much like a delusional princess. imma feeling like quoting dai’s words about her but im lazy.(at that time when jae hee’s dying at the railway tracks)

still sad about eunhyung n naru.

this manga is so poetic and like it has too much drama. its so melo. its not like me to read all the hard words that kinda keeps on repeating of just basically how deep the love that jaehee has for dai but i did. n i cried for few chapters which has been a while.
Oct 23, 2020 5:57 PM

Sep 2012
inhaler said:

He always talked about how he loved Jaehee's eyes and how full they were. I think he just didn't want to give himself away, and making eye contact with Jaehee would capture Dai completely.

Yo I never thought about that/made that connection before. I like this take
Mar 13, 2021 9:35 AM

Sep 2020
Limbo-chan said:
inhaler said:

He always talked about how he loved Jaehee's eyes and how full they were. I think he just didn't want to give himself away, and making eye contact with Jaehee would capture Dai completely.

Yo I never thought about that/made that connection before. I like this take

I agree, that's pretty insightful. I don't understand a lot of things about this last chapter, so I'm so happy this thread exists lol. I've read through all of the answers here yet I still don't understand why, if the man at the cabin is Dai, he would send Jaehee to the airport to retrieve the note? I would like to believe the man is Dai - it's not that I'm doubting it's him - I'm just wildly confused on his intentions. I'd like to believe that Dai and Jaehee do get their happy ending, and I believe the manwha does allude to one. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that they thought the ending was rushed, and I agree. While I do think it is possible to have an open ending that isn't rushed, I don't think this is the case. To a certain extent, the ending is good. It's bittersweet and emotional, just like the entirety of the story. A few more details and a little less confusion would've made a world of a difference.
*insert emotional quote or waifu boobs*
Mar 23, 2021 7:49 PM

Sep 2012
firstspring said:

I agree, that's pretty insightful. I don't understand a lot of things about this last chapter, so I'm so happy this thread exists lol. I've read through all of the answers here yet I still don't understand why, if the man at the cabin is Dai, he would send Jaehee to the airport to retrieve the note? I would like to believe the man is Dai - it's not that I'm doubting it's him - I'm just wildly confused on his intentions. I'd like to believe that Dai and Jaehee do get their happy ending, and I believe the manwha does allude to one. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that they thought the ending was rushed, and I agree. While I do think it is possible to have an open ending that isn't rushed, I don't think this is the case. To a certain extent, the ending is good. It's bittersweet and emotional, just like the entirety of the story. A few more details and a little less confusion would've made a world of a difference.

While I do agree that I would've liked the ending to be a bit more definitive, I also feel that of it was clarified any more it would lose the open ending-ness that it had. I like all the different takes and theories that people have come up with, and they wouldn't have existed if it weren't for the ending being the way it was.

I personally like to believe that the splash photos of them throughout the beginning/ends of the chapters were photos of their travels throughout the world together after finding happiness with each other ahah. Although I haven't reread this manga in quite sometime, I should have another read of it tbh
Jul 24, 2023 8:47 PM
Jul 2023
A masterpiece. 

After finishing the manhwa and reading everyones comments, i can most definitely say the man in the cabin was Dai. Dai is not the type of person to tell someone of his relationship and his memories of jaehee to a random person even if he does trust them. through out the book the only person dai seemed remotly close with or even liked was jaehee. of course people can change but i dont belive that dai went and made a new friend and told them all the things about his relationship. 

For a moment i belived that dai was blind in the cabin and thats why he didnt want to show his eyes however that made no sense since he was talking about jaehees face and also was moving around cooking and whatnot. i have a theory that the reason he sent jaehee to the airport to find the note even though dai was there already was to show jaehee he has not forgotten about him and to express his love once more. perhaps dai wasnt sure that jaehee was still in love with him after so long so he waited in the cabin to see if he showed up and if he did he sent him to the airport to show that he still loved jaehee. 

regardless of everything i belive that jahee and dai were reunited eventually. like in that story dai told jaehee about the dancer and the villegers and king. in the end of the story dai said that the point was that the dancer never let anything stop him from dancing. no matter what he still danced. even after death he still danced. perhaps dance is used as a metaphor for love. if dai was dead, jaehee and him willlove and they would never let anything stop them. 

such a bittersweet ending. i wish we knew what happens in some years. i wonder what happens to naru, gohee and yooheun. the ending really left me in a wreck, i could have taken a shower from all the tears i cried.  

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation

Avrin_Rose - May 6, 2022

1 by styx971 »»
Sep 14, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Let Dai Chapter 1 Discussion

beloving - Oct 18, 2017

3 by wawawawawawawawa »»
Sep 20, 2018 10:23 PM

» sounded cool until i realized its gay

AnimeHonor - Aug 12, 2016

1 by tretij »»
Aug 12, 2016 2:13 PM

» The MCs are both horrible people *spoilers*

Polyphemus - Jun 4, 2013

2 by ThatOneAfrican »»
Apr 19, 2015 10:45 PM

Poll: » On a very random note on Let Dai

neilcfreak - Jan 15, 2010

7 by Menatsu »»
Jul 4, 2011 5:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.