With the release of Fate/EXTELLA just around the corner, and a whole host of other Fate things coming up this year, it’s a great time for fans of the Fate series!
A lot of people might assume that you have to already know about Fate to enjoy EXTELLA, but that’s not the case! Here are the top 5 things you need to know about the game:
1. Fate/EXTELLA is the sequel to Fate/Extra, an RPG which came out for the PSP in 2012. EXTELLA is an action game, replacing Extra’s rock-paper-scissors style battle system with fast-paced hack ‘n’ slash gameplay.
2. You don’t have to have played Fate/Extra to play Fate/EXTELLA! The game explains anything you need to know from Extra for those coming straight into it. The art book featured in the Moon Crux edition also features a glossary to help explain the lore and terminology of the game - great for newcomers and anyone who needs a refresher.
3. The main storyline of Fate/EXTELLA is split into the perspectives of its 3 main heroines: Nero, Tamamo no Mae, and Altera. You take on the role of Master to one of these 3 Servants, but play as the Servant directly during battles.
4. There are 16 playable characters in the game, divided into the teams of the 3 heroines and then 2 independent characters. While the main story follows the 3 heroines, you can unlock side stories which focus on the other characters.
5. Like Fate/Extra before it, Fate/EXTELLA features the original Japanese voiceover with English subtitles.
So, whether you’re familiar with Fate or not, if you want a unique action game with a compelling story, you should give Fate/EXTELLA a look!
Fate/EXTELLA is available for PS4 and PS Vita. You can also buy the Moon Crux Collector’s Edition at Rice Digital, which includes a copy of the game for PS4 or PS Vita, an art book, art cards, and a cloth poster, all housed in a beautiful presentation box.