Just a heads up, it is good to watch each other. They have the same manga artist that I believe the adaptation takes upon it. So if you liked Alicization's artstyle and wanted more, definitely look at Sacred Blacksmith too. There are other similar points like Knights and medieval town setting, wielding a powerful sword, saving the girl, and facing the enemy together. I also like their names, Cecily and Alice, cute girl's name, similar feel XD Both are pretty girl knights I would watch. The guys are cool and step into the fray when needed.
I chose this Berserk in particular because like Alicization, it is most interesting for me. This one is where Guts chases after Griffith and plows over demons. I think there was the Rape Horse scene which triggers people. You get to see Guts go crazy here with the Black Sword and if that wasn't enough, there are some bloody mutilation scenes where man have lost their humanity and are monsters deserved to be slain.
For Alicization fans, need another good anime? I had this dilemma and had the first hand pleasure experience to able to find an anime to watch next, you have to watch SukaSuka!
Even if the genre is not action, SukaSuka has some great (sword) action in it !!! In addition it is beautiful, touching, and will make you cry :)))
Similar points you like in both, male MC wants to save and protect girls, male MC and female MC like each other, FANTASTIC ART, FANTASTIC OPENINGS, AND A SUPER HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTION !!!!
Looking for something after SAO Alicization and SukaSuka??? Mo Dao Zu Shi absolutely did more than just the job! Like SukaSuka it is beautiful and epic, but Mo Dao Zu Shi is also very funny. Like SAO Alicization , there is stunning action and fights. I find IN ALL THREE, A TRULY WORTHY ANIME, great characters, superb art and animation, and a FASCINATING STORY !!!
How is there no rec for Goblin Slayer?
Besides the very infamous "Rape" scene and goblin killing present in both. Here are other similarities
- An adventure, and good action to defeat the (bad guys/goblins)
- Scenes where male MC fights to save or rescue a girl (Happens on many occassions, Alice, Asuna, Selka, Tiese, Ronie, Priestess, unknown elf and Cow Girl)
- Medieval town setting with ranks and statuses (Knights, nobles, commoner, adventurers)
- Male MC wields a distinct, powerful sword, has some "formidable skills, a finishing attack" and is strong
- Male MC won't let past mistake and regret happen again, fights on and won't subject to the world he is in, even if getting hurt in the process (Losing Alice, subjecting to the Taboo Index system in Alicization, Losing his sister, hiding from goblins in Goblin Slayer)
- Male MC has feelings or cares for female MC (Kirito and Eugeo for Alice, Goblin Slayer for Priestess but not obvious)
- Female MC is cute/pretty, has boobs, likes male MC, but does not falter to male MC and would confront them (Alice is on equal level with Kirito and Eugeo, Priestess can't be on her own, but is probably the next most important on the team after Goblin Slayer and the Shaman Lizard)
- MCs support and protect each other (Kirito and Eugeo, Goblin Slayer and his team)
- Mild nudity or sexiness (Some fanservice, if you exclude the Rape)
- Pleasant Art (Pretty and detailed)
Both series take in a setting where society has centered around the usage of virtual and/or augmented reality. They both involve playing in a game where there's actually the risk of losing your life. This particular season of SAO is a lot closer to VRAINS's situation in regards to life-threatening situations and AI sentimentality.
In both shows, the AIs are developed to actually develop true intelligence, but their own self-awareness has surpassed expectations, resulting in huge complications that turn out as the main conflict.
- Both anime have great animation using digital filter to make it even more beautiful.
- The two focus more on dialogues and interaction between the characters than on fights.
- Both have a great worldbuilding and story.
- Both series have large amounts of information that some people may find boring and others may find it interesting.
If you like the Irregular series you will like SAO season 3 as the director from Irregular will be in charge of SAO so with that it means it will be following the LN more closely than the other seasons
The same anime with an Isekai theme, that has action, fantasy and magic, but SAO was more like of a cyberpunk where guy is attached to a virtual world, while in Tate the guy is in some kind of other world where he has to survive in reality.