Edit Anime Information

Duration: 29 min.
Rating: G - All Ages

Jan 14, 2008
Anomalous (All reviews)
Afro-Ken is certainly a weird little OVA; it's not really about anything in particular, and yet still manages to be entertaining. Based on a line of toys by the people who brought you Hello Kitty, Afro-Ken is about a cute dog with an afro and all of his friends, most of whom are also cute dogs with afros. The "story" introduces the different dogs and features silly little elements of their lives... and that's it. It's not really a story at all, but it does what it needs to do: look cute and advertise toys.

And look cute and advertise toys it does. Afro-Ken covers dozens read more
Sep 17, 2008
Foop (All reviews)
Afro-Ken is the story about a dog with an Afro. I don't need to go much further for you can see the plot would definitely not be good with those two elements. It is about him trying new things. And having an Afro. This is one majestic Afro, which brings us to the review.

Story- There really is no story to this that matters, if there even was, it would make it worse, considering you can't have that good of a story in a one episode ova. That is why it gets a four. As I said, a story in a one episode show is pointless, read more
Mar 25, 2018
MegaTerhorst (All reviews)
One of the best anime out there. Truly a masterpiece.

I didn't know that Afro Ken lived back in the stone age. Didn't he go extinct? It's really a good documentary. I can recommend it.

10/10 Would watch again.

Just for the song.

I laughed at that one joke for 4 minutes. And I just couldn't stop.

To think that I only discovered it by accident.

But I am happy I did.

I think I will make an afro on my head. Yeah!

Afro Ken did nothing wrong. So why did they cut his hair? That's animal abuse.

It's just such a hidden gem
Dec 20, 2010
HatchetGirl (All reviews)
ROFL ROFL ROFL. This series is sooooo random XD
It's about 30 minutes of a dog with an afro and random stuff happens. Really, even though it's a kids anime, it's epic. It's in 3D animation, also known as CG. Really, there's not really anything to predict what comes next. There is also a short part where the creator of Afro-Ken talks about Afro-Ken. It's really cute and funny at the same time. I really reccomend watching this.
Thanks for reading!
Sep 7, 2016
PotatoAnime (All reviews)
And who said that anime couldn't be art?
The superb, frustrating, rich, imaginative, absorbing, annoying, aggravating, repulsive movie that is Afro-Ken. This movie is a must watch for anyone, I have never, ever seen a movie like this.

This movie challenges the way we view modern cinema, the artistic value breaths down our neck as the intro of this cinematic masterpiece begins. If you have a appreciation for real art, I cant tell you how much you need to watch this.

This movie will bring you love, respect, life, music, soul, frustration and the inevitable death.

Overall all I have left to say is
-10/10-
Sep 5, 2009
elsol (All reviews)
Well.. this is my first review :3
And I've never been good at reviewing...
but oh well, here it goes.

Afro-ken..

How to describe it..

You see, you can either like it, dislike it, hate it, not even think of watching it, love it, or any other option my brain can't think about.

It has no main story, just about all the ken's..
Afro ken, Brother Ken, Mohawk Ken, etc.
Food time with Afro ken [or something like that}

Though It wasn't the best anime[?] I've watched..
It got me entertained for a while..
Not for a series or something, seriously.. just no, but It did keep me bobbing my head up and down while singing read more