Edit Anime Information

Japanese: 私のあしながおじさん

Type: TV
Aired: Jan 4, 1990 to Dec 23, 1990
Premiered: Winter 1990
Broadcast: Sundays at 19:30 (JST)
Producers: None found, add some
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Nippon Animation
Source: Novel
Duration: 23 min. per ep.
Rating: G - All Ages

Jul 29, 2008
tengu13 (All reviews)
This is a part of Nippon Animation's World Masterpiece Theatre, and I believe it to a masterpiece indeed. The story chronicles the life of an orphan girl named Jerusha 'Judy' Abbot through her teen-aged years up to her young adulthood.
The many characters in this series truly have depth and are far from being one-dimensional - It is amazing that the writers can introduce such characters and without giving them hours upon hours of screen time are able to define their persona. The feelings and opinions of Judy that is conveyed through her actions, interactions read more
Jun 7, 2012
littlepeach90 (All reviews)
This is an anime based off of a book, Daddy Long Legs, by Jean Webster. I'm a really big fan of the book, and when I found out that someone made an anime of the book, of course I had to see it!
All-in-all, it's a pretty decent anime... if you're a big fan of the book. Judy is a little obnoxious at the beginning of the series and the actual story doesn't get really good until right about episode... 25 or so, I guess.
But, if you can sit through all of Judy's obnoxious, embarrassing situations, then it's completely worth it. Especially for the ending! read more
Aug 31, 2012
cheesiediva (All reviews)
This series can be summed up as endearing and absolutely charming.

While the plot differs some from the classic book ("Daddy Long Legs" by Jean Webster) on which it was based, "My Daddy Long Legs" is still a tender coming-of-age tale centered around the plucky orphan Judy Abbott, who is sent to a prestigious all-girls high school by a mysterious benefactor she dubs 'Daddy Long Legs'.

The story is set in early 20th century America--and I have to say I was impressed by how accurately this anime depicted the fashions, architecture, technology and experiences of this setting and time period. If you like historical fiction, this read more
Dec 7, 2015
Symino (All reviews)
MY DADDY LONG LEGS:

My Daddy Long Legs or Watashi no Ashinaga Ojisan as it is know is a 1990 anime based of the 1912 novel of the same name by Jean Webster. This is a part of Nippon Animation’s World Masterpiece Theatre which was a bunch of novels which were turned into anime by Nippon Animation.

Story

This anime follows Judy Abbott, a child from the John Grier orphanage. She was abandoned in the slums of New York as a baby and was taken in by the orphanage. She is forced to stay there for all of her pre-teen life. Until one day, Judy is selected read more
Jul 6, 2017
Eva_Dedoyco (All reviews)
I like how it is done in nippon anime adaptation ,the musical and portrayals of the main cast are awesome. I have read the original novel written by jean webster and it is quit different thought it is given to have variations.. everything on it is perfect for me.. the love story of judy and jervie at the end was great though am rooting for the sequel that my dear enemy ,. i hope nippon will give it a try.. which was also a best selling novel.

The chracters are well portrayed. The story telling in the story how judy communicate to DLL is achieved.