Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 28, 2023 8:46 AM
Aug 2022
finally thornfinn is thornfinn again
Feb 28, 2023 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
What a cliffhanger,although this episode was okay.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Feb 28, 2023 10:46 AM

Aug 2018
I could watch Thorfinn and Einar do farmer stuff forever.
Feb 28, 2023 10:51 AM

Sep 2020
I wonder is anybody going to help them or will them fight them back by themselves, and also quite surprised that the first punch is actually Thorfinn.
Feb 28, 2023 11:02 AM
May 2010
The graphics are incredible as for the first Season, the face of depression was shocking at first and I greatly appreciate it and I can say the same about the openings and endings, however the first 8 ep I watched so far are so bad from my point of view.

The episodes look like fillers, absolutely nothing is happening. I feel irritated due to the lack of action.

I liked the first season because it was funny, it had a lot of fighting and was a very good source of entertainment weaved with history facts.

I do understand that the story and the slave background needs to be calmly and exhaustively described, however Thorfinn is no longer Thorfinn. Thorfinn became Askeladd when he was young and unknowing. Someone please give me a HP potion as I'm about to die of boredom. I also understand the transformation from child to adolescent to maturity. It is a journey, a totally bland one.

Now I "work the field" all day long until next episode is launched , just to see it and get depressed.

I am not sorry to say that this season is awful so far.

Feb 28, 2023 11:13 AM
Feb 2022
avg isekai would be a lot more interesting to watch then this slave-farmer simulator. Can't believe they made it so boring after astonishing 1-st season
Feb 28, 2023 2:35 PM

Sep 2018
Wow, what an intense, soulful episode. That dream sequence in the beginning was one of the best ones I've seen.
Feb 28, 2023 2:42 PM

Jul 2021
This was a wholesome episode. I was expecting Einar to be the first to hit the head of retainers but it was Thorfinn who brought the first blow. Then, Thorfinn was reminded by his dad's lesson in the first part of the first season but it seems yet unclear to him. Perhaps the lesson will be clear to Thorfinn by the end of this season but I even doubt that because of the slow pace we are having. But it is mayhem now and perhaps because of that the pace's going to speed up a bit.
Feb 28, 2023 3:37 PM
Dec 2019
vrabiebeata said:
The graphics are incredible as for the first Season, the face of depression was shocking at first and I greatly appreciate it and I can say the same about the openings and endings, however the first 8 ep I watched so far are so bad from my point of view.

The episodes look like fillers, absolutely nothing is happening. I feel irritated due to the lack of action.

I liked the first season because it was funny, it had a lot of fighting and was a very good source of entertainment weaved with history facts.

I do understand that the story and the slave background needs to be calmly and exhaustively described, however Thorfinn is no longer Thorfinn. Thorfinn became Askeladd when he was young and unknowing. Someone please give me a HP potion as I'm about to die of boredom. I also understand the transformation from child to adolescent to maturity. It is a journey, a totally bland one.

Now I "work the field" all day long until next episode is launched , just to see it and get depressed.

Looking at your list of favorite anime (overwhelmingly battle shounen), I'd suggest you drop this season and pick it up later after all the episodes are released, so you can binge-watch.
Feb 28, 2023 3:57 PM
Oct 2021
FIRE VINLAND VINLAND
Feb 28, 2023 4:53 PM

Sep 2017
Ugh fucking retainers. We have a bit of a cliffhanger ending as well might fight here. I'm concerned for what might happen to our boys for this. Thorfinn's ptsd is real bad. He went full warrior mode when he punched that dudes lights out without even realizing what he was doing.
Feb 28, 2023 7:29 PM
Dec 2019
Wow didn't expect Thorfinn to punch the farmhand.
Feb 28, 2023 8:05 PM

Jul 2014
This is a seinen, it's meant for adults, children that need constant action can watch another show, it's not for you
Feb 28, 2023 9:44 PM

Oct 2010
NirvashX1 said:
how dare they make thorfinn being dumbass like this !!!

He's not being dumb, he was just depressed af and now he's waking up and seeing something outside of revenge for a change.
Mar 1, 2023 2:12 AM

May 2021
Excellent episode, so far this 8 episodes had been kinda psychological in the good way unlike NHK!, NGE, SnL. I felt that animation this episode was above the usual, Idk if that is true, anyways the plot is starting to move and that's nice, there is only 1 thing that bugs me, Einar and Thorfinn were skinny at the start of the season but now they look healthier and with more muscle mass when they do hard work with little amount of nutrition, that's totally impossible because with that little amount of nutrition they couldnt possibly gain weight, no matter how psychologically better they feel with themselves but let's not make a big deal of it like those pseudointellectuals CSM haters, 8.4/10.
Mar 1, 2023 3:09 AM
Feb 2013
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Mar 1, 2023 4:08 AM
Nov 2020
Damn beautiful. And Askeladd in the forest was such a good passing by scene. This is where men cry. 10+/10
Mar 1, 2023 8:42 AM

Sep 2012
Finding the purpose in life along the way without knowing what will come, aren't we all like that?
Mar 1, 2023 9:56 AM
Feb 2023
Absolutely a masterpiece
Mar 1, 2023 10:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn that was hard, poor Einar and Thorfinn harvesting this wheat for so long just to be destroyed, it makes sense that Einar wanted to punch them but didn't expect Thorfinn to do it for him
Mar 1, 2023 11:40 AM
May 2020
I like how much Thorfinn has changed. By the preview,I gusess Thorffin is "haunted" by all the people he has killed.
Mar 1, 2023 12:17 PM

Mar 2010
Thorfinn feels guilty and shit and thats fine. But he needs to stop beating himself up about it. He is too much of a virgin watch but he needs to wake the fuck up and be a bit selfish.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 1, 2023 2:34 PM
Nov 2019
Watching Thorfinn change to the point of having to be the voice of reason at the end is a great development. 
Mar 1, 2023 2:34 PM
Apr 2022
vrabiebeata said:

Average 12 year old comment 🤔
Mar 1, 2023 2:44 PM
Mar 2023
another wasted episode. can't believe they continue to turn this into a farming anime. wasted a whole season on something that should have been one or two episodes. writers should be fired 
Mar 1, 2023 5:12 PM

Sep 2014
Finally some action, this season is a slogfest. Other anime manage to convey the same "MC did an oopsie and is depressed" thing in 1 or 2 episodes.

And the quoting started again, teens thinking every sentence from vinland saga is some life changing revelation. Thats what annoyed me about S1 already..

PS: I wonder what Thors would have done in this situation.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 1, 2023 7:20 PM
Jan 2023
Comander-07 said:
Finally some action, this season is a slogfest. Other anime manage to convey the same "MC did an oopsie and is depressed" thing in 1 or 2 episodes.

And the quoting started again, teens thinking every sentence from vinland saga is some life changing revelation. Thats what annoyed me about S1 already..

This is speaking about being shounentard

thors already showed you what he would do based on his philosophy in season 1 unless you weren't paying attention. 
Other anime conveying the same depressed style is because it's shit writing with no convoluted plot line to start it off. This is a start for thorfinn and not a prologue 
Mar 2, 2023 6:18 AM

Sep 2014
ogking31 said:
Comander-07 said:

thors already showed you what he would do based on his philosophy in season 1 unless you weren't paying attention. 
Other anime conveying the same depressed style is because it's shit writing with no convoluted plot line to start it off. This is a start for thorfinn and not a prologue 
shounentard is not accepting or understanding different people will have different opinions, and will enjoy different kinds of media. Im just pushing back against the people here who blame others for "enjoying the anime in a wrong way"

Usually describing a story as "convoluted" bears a negative connotation.

No Thors did not. He punched a bunch of guys and died. Showing his pacifist ideology is heavily flawed if you arent the one in the position of strength.
Comander-07Mar 3, 2023 5:09 PM
Mar 2, 2023 12:09 PM
Feb 2022
Demuestra lo profundo que puede ser la obra
Mar 2, 2023 12:19 PM

May 2009
lycan_ said:
This is a seinen, it's meant for adults, children that need constant action can watch another show, it's not for you

Seinen only means that manga is published in seinen magazine, first 8 chapters of VS was in shounen magazine. It doesn't mean content is mature - Umaru-chan is also from seinen magazine.
Mar 2, 2023 1:31 PM
Apr 2020
come on guys my fucking wheat
Mar 2, 2023 5:33 PM
Jan 2023
Comander-07 said:
ogking31 said:

shounentard is not accepting or understanding different people will have different opinions, and will enjoy different kinds of media. Im just pushing back against the people here who blame OP for "enjoying the anime in a wrong way"

No Thors did not. He punched a bunch of guys and died. Showing his pacifist ideology is heavily flawed if you arent the one in the position of strength.
It was never stated the guys he punched died. so again you have no clue what you're talking about, even pacificism literally works in today's society unless you're not aware of that. 

If the message from season 1 couldn't tell you as awhole on what they're sending a message to then you failed to see it as a viewer. 
Mar 2, 2023 8:01 PM

Jul 2013
Another dream where Thorfinn is getting haunted by his past. All the dead people who're trying to pull him down into a black abyss is such a great symbolism for him yet not being able to move forward and the emptiness which poses multiple questions like "What should he do with his life?", "Can someone like him change?".

I feel like a broken record, but I'm so glad that Einhar came into Thorfinn's life. With each passing day, Thorfinn opens up more towards him. Otherwise he would've never told about all what happened with Askeladd. The old master also found the right words, which should definitely give Thorfinn more hope for his future.

Fuck the retainers. Even if it was foreseeable telling by their reaction at the very beginning, it's still worst seeing how Thorfinn's and Einhar's hard work gets shattered into nothing. Informing Pater about the whole situation was definitely smart since at some point he was a slave himself and therefor knows only too well about how both of them must feel right now. 

I was kinda waiting for the confrontation between the retainers and our boys. Since Einhar was about to strike out, I absolutely didn't see Thorfinn's punch coming, but man what a great satisfaction I felt. Unfortunately Thorfinn again had a vision. This time the old lady from season one was to see and his father was also trying to tell him something important. There's still a deep conflict inside of Thorfinn and that's why he's still falling into an seemingly never ending black pit.

I wonder in what way this will get resolved. Slaves attacking retainers tells it's own tale, so ultimately it comes down to which statement the master trusts more.

Mar 3, 2023 12:36 AM

Oct 2008
oh my god! another excellent episode! that punch of Thorfinn was so satisfying!
the farmhands should better watch-out for Thorfinn cuz he's on a different league compared to them...even for a soldier...haha face his wrath but i think Thorfinn should deal with his mental stability first! he is still empty and need to be awakened by something! something reasonable!!
5/5.
matias067Mar 3, 2023 3:25 AM

Mar 3, 2023 3:07 AM

Feb 2012
That was an extremely satisfying punch from Thorfinn and it reminds me of the punch in G-Witch last season. If we can continue this trend and have a show every new season where someone gets laid the fuck out that'd be great.
Mar 3, 2023 5:59 AM
Jan 2017
thorfin bixa desamiando de um bando de fazendeiro
Mar 3, 2023 8:52 AM
Apr 2020
This chapter is the best for now in this season, after reading the manga i expect the best in the end but every chapter is evolving in a way so magnificent that i don't know what to expect enymore except for the best. If you are liking this series plis go read the manga wich is a work of art in every way.
Mar 3, 2023 12:40 PM

May 2021
8 episodes in and we have already had 2 really god damn satisfying punches. How many more will there be?

Mar 3, 2023 1:15 PM

Aug 2017
Damn. Thorfinn is feeling lost right now. After Askeladd's death, he lost his hatred for him. Making him an empty husk.
Not only is he lost but he has been getting nightmares. Poor Thorfinn. At least he got his buddy Einar to look out for him.
It's nice to see Sverkel take them out to go fishing at the beach in a beautiful sunset.
This old man has really been eaves dropping on Thorfinn. He commented that it is better to be empty in order to be reborn.
The reason he took Thorfinn out to fish was to teach him a lesson and to work at filling the void inside. Like using the fish net to capture the fish is symbolic of fitting something inside the emptiness. The climax of the episode shows a harsh reality check of being a slave farmer.

Mar 3, 2023 5:09 PM

Sep 2014
ogking31 said:
Comander-07 said:
shounentard is not accepting or understanding different people will have different opinions, and will enjoy different kinds of media. Im just pushing back against the people here who blame OP for "enjoying the anime in a wrong way"

It was never stated the guys he punched died. so again you have no clue what you're talking about, even pacificism literally works in today's society unless you're not aware of that. 

If the message from season 1 couldn't tell you as awhole on what they're sending a message to then you failed to see it as a viewer. 
uhh.. what are you talking about? I never said they died. In fact it was stated nobody died. I guess you havent watched the show after all, lol.

And no, pacifism very certainly does not work today, have you lived under a rock the past year? There is literally another war in europe.

Anyway Im out, have fun living in your alternative reality.
Mar 3, 2023 7:35 PM
Jan 2023
Comander-07 said:
ogking31 said:

uhh.. what are you talking about? I never said they died. In fact it was stated nobody died. I guess you havent watched the show after all, lol.

And no, pacifism very certainly does not work today, have you lived under a rock the past year? There is literally another war in europe.

Anyway Im out, have fun living in your alternative reality.
"He punched bunch of guys and died" what are you going with this sentence you just made? 

There is literally war in russia because two countries weren't able to communicate on what each want and what each can reconcile with. 

Mar 4, 2023 6:13 AM
Nov 2019
every episode i think "lets go finally a wholesome episode-"

Trollge | Know Your Meme

this episode almost made me tear up , i dont know if its because im already attached to the character , or because the show really is good at making viewers get attatched to them
Mar 4, 2023 10:46 AM

Jul 2015
Thorfinn has lost his warrior spirit.Even that is not correct.That calmness is also not good.

Mar 4, 2023 5:36 PM

Feb 2019
So good, so intense. Sis what an amazing episode
Mar 5, 2023 12:00 PM
Jun 2022
it is good it is good it is good
Mar 5, 2023 8:25 PM
Apr 2021
The episode was good but i would like to know why thorfin was wearing skirt at the beginning of the episode when he was climbing the cliff
Mar 6, 2023 10:41 AM
Feb 2020
punchbag mc :P
you shouldnt have put so much action in first season to get us hooked (mc was already developing warrior/assassin since) and now be so pacifist after all the killing...
the animation is good tho MAPPA banging
Mar 6, 2023 11:33 AM

Jul 2022
ver epic man, thorfin's punch was so satisfying~ i hope he beats em up haha
Mar 6, 2023 9:45 PM
Oct 2019
Nooo not the WHEATT!!!

fck them all.
Mar 7, 2023 5:38 AM
Dec 2018
This episode was awesome. All of it was
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

380 by VibinRenji »»
Yesterday, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Do you think Thorfinn's worldview is viable?

Shizuna - May 24

27 by zeidXD »»
Yesterday, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Who is the most handsome Vinland Saga man?

Shizuna - May 24

19 by Genesis007AUT »»
May 26, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

489 by Huperchild »»
May 21, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2023

251 by phantom346 »»
May 21, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.