Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2014 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Natsuna's jealousy/animosity towards Cecil doesn't surprise me this episode. I do wonder if they will ever get along better..

That frog still cracks me up this episode with the way it was messing with Cecil's exercise lol. That case sure got out of control though.
Jan 26, 2014 10:10 AM

Mar 2012
O hai Miss Piggy.

Could anyone tell if that Hebrew on the courtroom floor was legit or just gibberish?
Jan 26, 2014 10:39 AM

Dec 2010
Uhh looks like the Shark Wizards (?) are gonna be the big villain.

Cecil wakes up to a new power ... anyone else reminded of Sailor Moon? ROFL. It looked like magic-cancelling power.

I was face-palming this whole episode at the forced jokes (ero-Bon, THIS IS MY BATTLE CLOTHES!!!!), but thought Mayu's death was redeeming, if only just a little.
Jan 26, 2014 10:44 AM

Aug 2010
That was pretty intense. Well it was gonna happen sooner or later with how unjustified and biased their judgement are. Sentencing to death for unreasonable prosecutions XD

Cecil new magic seems pretty awesome.

Ero-Bon is hilarious with how he was clinging to her ass that way. Nice Fan service he gave though ^^
Jan 26, 2014 11:06 AM

May 2013
Laughed when I saw that the pig was Hachiya's familiar, and that lunch that the frog made for Cecil lol. Those dying words from Mayu. What could they mean.
Jan 26, 2014 11:07 AM

May 2012
Really good episode, they are setting up something really big here.

Really interested about what that Grimoire 365 and the prophecies are about. Like some kind of dark omen to come....(Labone and Macal??)
Jan 26, 2014 11:39 AM

Nov 2010
Cecil got some new powers. Good episode.

That frog is one of the best characters XD
Jan 26, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
A lot better than the first 2 episodes. Still, the show is too much between silly and serious...I'm not feeling it
Jan 26, 2014 11:59 AM

Nov 2012
Damn the non-magicians are really screwed up, this kind of reminds me of Magi.
Jan 26, 2014 12:31 PM

Jun 2013
wow hachiya screwed up big time letting her rampage like that. that guy at the end was the cop who shot her???
Jan 26, 2014 1:09 PM
Mar 2012
Best episode so far, it seems the main plot is about to start. What ruined it a little for me was the introduction of that pig.
Jan 26, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
Finally the main plot appears...its good come early to keep us on this show... ^^
Jan 26, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
Cecil unlocking new powers :O
I swear that frog..that was hilarious
And the lunch that the frog made too XD
Best episode so far.
The beginning of the main plot..
Jan 26, 2014 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
Hachiya's familiar was a pig, that's a good one.

Lol at the Frog's bento handmade art for Cecil.
Jan 26, 2014 3:28 PM

Oct 2008
>The guy breaks the cuffs of a condemned criminal
>The criminal tries to kill an entire room
>The guy gets 1 week of arrest at home

:logic:
Jan 26, 2014 3:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Posse said:

I know right? I just can't get into this series because of how retarded the logic is.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 26, 2014 3:36 PM
Jan 2014
This episode seems to show that a big plot is coming up, something that caused some of the other trails. Hope it does happend. XD
Jan 26, 2014 5:04 PM

Sep 2013
That pig creeps me out :/

So they just are magicians or aren't, people can't learn it they are born it; that really helps to explain the prejudice, it's the whole weak grouping up on the strong bit.

Doing yoga and the perverted frog hops right on her ass :P

One of the things in her hair cracked? Something as simple as that awakened her further or did the orb have the magic stored inside it?

Great episode.
Jan 26, 2014 5:15 PM

Aug 2008
I really love the cast! <3

This series greatly exceed my initial expectation (which was bad in fact lol).
Jan 26, 2014 5:59 PM
Oct 2012
It's a shame that a show with so much talent associated with it has such poor writing, though I guess we know what the BD is going to have to inspire sales. A camera angled a bit more to the right perhaps.....

I get that we are supposed to know that the Wizard Court is corrupt, I get that we are supposed to know that humans hate wizards, but the way they go about it is so heavy handed as to really take away from the enjoyment of the show; I hate when characters act stupid; and there are a lot of stupid ones in this show.

The ice wizard was a case in point, first of all what he did was manslaughter in any legal court, yes I know that maybe in this world this could be different, but they could have explained that sometime in the first two episodes, second, the defendant's defense was a joke, no even if your manager "recommended" that you do it, this doesn't somehow make it "his fault". Yes, I know we will find that there was a conspiracy behind it, but this could have been done better as well.

The Detectives are also stupid. Last episode, the whole idea that the one guy was part of the bank robbers and "turned" on them was transparently false. Yes, I know that the detectives are prejudiced against wizards, but still the way this was set up was just plain dumb, particularly since we know that the male detective is part of the conspiracy. The resolution last episode was also dumb, first they easily catch the "bad guys", then the bad guys totally cooperate to help clear someone who killed a friend of theirs. On what planet?

Well, since the art is nice, I will assume that the first 3 episodes were just fillers, and that the show really starts from now, but despite a lot of really cool potential, bad writing to this points doesn't inspire confidence that they will get their act together now that we are at the main plot.
Jan 26, 2014 6:07 PM
Jul 2013
The outcome was as exciting and intriguing.

What's this? The Muppets: http://i44.tinypic.com/zu60hw.jpg
Jan 26, 2014 7:15 PM

Jul 2012
Getting used to turning my brain off for this show.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 26, 2014 7:45 PM
Apr 2011
Still not sure how I feel about this show. The animation/production value overall are pretty good (facial art being the exception), but the writing is pretty damn mediocre. Takuan_Soho summed it up pretty well in his/her post.
Jan 26, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2011
LAAAMMMMEEEEE.

The main highlight of this show as per the title should be the court hearings and not some melodramatic emotional tantrums. This anime doesn't make sense.

Posse said:

Jan 26, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2013
that pig is nowhere near cute..

well that really was a pathetic excuse.. he used magic just so he can keep his work?? If ever my employer would order me to do something illegal.. even just once.. I'd resign right away.

that frog, being all pervert and stuff is funny but annoying at the same time, bon

and yeah that outfit of hers again... trying to be cute.. that only annoys me and look at that I don't know I think that lipstick was meant to be her weapon or something.. how lame

the action is the ONLY thing here that is good... I wish there'd be more
Jan 26, 2014 9:01 PM

Aug 2013
"You want me to turn you into pork cutlets?" haha.

Good episode as a set up to (I think) the main plot. So a normal human can awaken and be a wud? Interesting.

The Shark Knights have been scouting Cecil since the first episode. I'm guessing that old guy in the final sequence was talking to one of them to continue recruiting Cecil.

I feel like there's more to Ageha and Quinn's relationship. Not just because they look alike but their interactions in the first and second episode suggest they go way way back.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 26, 2014 9:27 PM

Oct 2008
Silent_Scream said:

The main highlight of this show as per the title should be the court hearings and not some melodramatic emotional tantrums. This anime doesn't make sense.

And just another anime that had a setting with potential for a deep and interesting plot that got ruined by moe and stupid writing. There are quite a few of these every season.
Jan 26, 2014 9:48 PM

Mar 2012
This has probably been the best episode so far though that's not really saying much. That running gag with the outfit is horrible and needs to stop.
Jan 27, 2014 12:02 AM

Apr 2009
Posse said:

Yeah I couldn't believe that, my eyes were rolling I thought they'd popped out of the eye sockets when the I heard the decision! But it seems Ageha paid for those...according to the office conversation, either in monetary terms (I don't think their office is that wealthy though) or in some other concessions (Ageha said it was a secret!)? Anyway, inferring from Ageha's statement about Cecil's newfound magic, Article 5 of the Magic Prohibition Law might be about registration of one's magical abilities, like it's description, extent and limitations to the government?

I was wondering what Labone and Macal is/are, and Grimoire 365? Perhaps a legal case citation? But the last guy in the episode implied Labone and Macal could be opposing magical organization/society and/or their respective philosophies (perhaps on the use of magic?), and Grimoire 365 as sort of a book of prophecies.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 27, 2014 12:50 AM
Aug 2011
The pig was disgusting. I almost insta-dropped this show as as soon as she appeared on the screen.
Jan 27, 2014 1:46 AM

Sep 2011
Did cecil really ask that cop why he shot the girl who was trying to kill everyone, I'm thinking maybe I didn't hear her right? When did this turn into Trigun, I guess she must be a distant relative to Vash the Stampede.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2014 3:35 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The frog and the pig should just be removed entirely from this show.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 27, 2014 4:35 AM

Jun 2013
Posse said:

Stripe boobs woman: "How much did getting that cost you?"

Ageha: "It's a secret"

The logic is still there , I'm pretty sure Ageha has some kind of strong influence with the cops or shit whatever.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 27, 2014 6:17 AM
Jan 2014
vonPeterhof said:
O hai Miss Piggy.

Could anyone tell if that Hebrew on the courtroom floor was legit or just gibberish?

I'm from Israel, it is gibberish.
Jan 27, 2014 7:15 AM

Jul 2010
The logic at the trials makes no sense.

And the outfit running gag again.....

At least Cecil's new power was nice.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Jan 27, 2014 7:33 AM

Apr 2013
ok episode. the series really struggles with finding its identity

the series wants to put a heavy focus on law and court but fails to devote enough time to it to make the cases seem important. no time for evidence gathering or interviewing other witnesses and ofc the logic behind the verdict of the court cases is really stupid.

the series trying to not be too serious with the cecil's clothing in court running joke kinda ruins pretty much the entire court scenes.

action was good, quality was good its all fine but more focus on the cases maybe even one or two episodes without any action would not hurt the show.
Jan 27, 2014 10:12 AM

Mar 2009
It doesn't seem like there will be any hardcore sex scenes coming up in the near future, unlike with Kite and Mezzo. So...dropped.

And the frog(?) molesting the main girl doesn't count.
Jan 27, 2014 10:48 AM
Apr 2013
Why'd the dude explode and die from his own magic tho?
Jan 27, 2014 2:32 PM

Nov 2012
Boring trial.

Removing the handcuffs was a really stupid idea,just put everyone else in danger why don't you.One week punishment only too,seriously.

MC is also starting to piss me off with her stupid "combat uniform" and the retarded way they make her blush.

Only amusing/interesting part of the entire episode.
http://imgur.com/j3fvYEU
Jan 27, 2014 3:16 PM

Jan 2014
That pig is just creepy... The way the episode started, felt like i had missed an episode or something, pretty confusing.

What a show in that court, kind of weird the way they conclude their decisions... The juries death sentence just like that, changed to life sentence instead because of a simple statement with no further investigation to back it up, also that battle cloth gag again... it's getting annoying.

Pretty cool that Cecil has "learned" a new trick though.

Overall the action and visuals was pretty good but more destruction and magic wouldn't hurt :3
Jan 27, 2014 6:02 PM

Mar 2012
Aggron said:
That pig creeps me out :/

It's disturbing as fuck o.o
Jan 27, 2014 11:05 PM

Apr 2013
xSanox said:
ok episode. the series really struggles with finding its identity

the series wants to put a heavy focus on law and court but fails to devote enough time to it to make the cases seem important. no time for evidence gathering or interviewing other witnesses and ofc the logic behind the verdict of the court cases is really stupid.

the series trying to not be too serious with the cecil's clothing in court running joke kinda ruins pretty much the entire court scenes.

action was good, quality was good its all fine but more focus on the cases maybe even one or two episodes without any action would not hurt the show.

I'm not sure that the show want to put a heavy focus on law, that's just your assumption

About the verdict, I think the show indirectly confess that it is stupid shown by the suspect's point after the verdict was presented. But yeah, more evidences would make it better and believable. Time constraint?

Different from some people here, I'm ignoring Cecil's outfit so it won't destroy my enjoyment.
Jan 27, 2014 11:27 PM
Dec 2013
I'm glad we're rotating through the characters,
I was happy we got mcsteamy as the focus,
even if he has a mutated pig familiar and is apparently retarded.

Yes, taking the cuffs off of a deranged criminal is always a great idea.

No wonder there's such poor opinion of wizards,
they appear to be significantly lacking in the common sense department.

On the other hand, once I turned my brain nearly off, I enjoyed the episode.

It was just mindless fun. Gorgeous animation, awesome fight scenes, and our character leveled up again! yaaayyyy

Now let's just keep rollin' in them men.
Jan 28, 2014 8:31 AM

Jan 2011
things happened in that court seem unfair to the wizards, and how come the judge's emergency button always not functioning...

for now just glad that the animation quality did not drop like Mezzo DSA
Jan 28, 2014 8:36 AM

Oct 2011
Kinda annoying how the court just changes its sentencing all the time. Hachimitsu only getting a week's house arrest for allowing a suspected murderer to freely use her magic is ridiculous. Despite that ridiculousness, good episode. Mayu's last words were very interesting.
Jan 28, 2014 12:01 PM
Jan 2014
Good intense episode.

The frog is too horny lol, but I can't blame him.
Jan 28, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2013
Faenger said:
vonPeterhof said:
O hai Miss Piggy.

I'm from Israel, it is gibberish.

Eh... can't really blame the Japanese for not bothering to try to do research. I imagine Hebrew is nothing of concern for them in the least.

I'm pretty interested in the series, there's just something rather intriguing about the court system for wizards, and the law surrounding them and humans, and the amount of prejudice they have to go through. The characters are getting their development, there's really not one I don't like (Nanajiinyi's kinda pushing it, though, what is he, the equivalent of a familiar?). The OP is pretty good, as is the ED, and the animation's nice to look at. Now it looks like there's a bigger plot, though hopefully it doesn't deter from everything, and that it fits in okay. I don't want to get disappointed when I'm starting to fall in love with the show.

So I'm definitely sticking around.
Jan 28, 2014 6:06 PM

Nov 2013
I've only watched the first like 2 minutes so far and--oh my god--that silver haired guy is hot!
Jan 28, 2014 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm I've lost interest for the time being so its going on my on-hold list and I shall continue to watch this when I get the free time.
Jan 29, 2014 1:24 AM
Dec 2012
Why is the score so low? i thought it was pretty good even though it felt rushed, it's one of the better series this season imo
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

97 by Talamare »»
May 30, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

111 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:31 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

123 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.