Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
*Yawn*. Accelerator is bored? ;o

Pretty nice action in the beginning there. I knew this would be a walk in the park for him though against the clone. I just love his expressions though:

I just love the OST of this series :3

Dem clones.
Jul 5, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2007
Misaka is losing her mind for thinking she cannot do anything, while "experiment" happening. Touma catching up to clone, but too late. Touma got involved now (by knowing about the experiment).

Wow that doctor... And that clone was the first clone that has memory connected.

Touma checking up on Misaka next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 5, 2013 7:57 AM

Jul 2007
Another awesome episode :3

The OST of this season is freaking awesome. Misakas expressions too. Touma finally learned the truth. Can't wait for the final showdown. Judging from the preview it's gonna be in 2-3 eps i guess. But is it me or it's taking too long? I mean will they have time for the next arc or they will stop midways.

(I know im greedy but damn i wish for a season 3 already )
Jul 5, 2013 8:04 AM

Jul 2010
Damn, Misaka was crazy this episode and of course, watching a clone of her get murdered brutally didn't help either.
Jul 5, 2013 8:18 AM

Mar 2012
Cloudy-Sky said:
The OST of this season is freaking awesome. Misakas expressions too. Touma finally learned the truth. Can't wait for the final showdown. Judging from the preview it's gonna be in 2-3 eps i guess. But is it me or it's taking too long? I mean will they have time for the next arc or they will stop midways.

They're going to have some Slice of Life episodes after this before an adaptation of Liberal Arts City, which is the length of a full LN Volume so it should be anywhere from 3-5 episodes.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jul 5, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
There is a reason why this episode is simply called "Accelerator"....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 5, 2013 8:51 AM
Jul 2010
CreationBreaker said:
They're going to have some Slice of Life episodes after this before an adaptation of Liberal Arts City, which is the length of a full LN Volume so it should be anywhere from 3-5 episodes.
Is the Liberal Arts adaptation confirmed now? And I mean an official confirmation, not the very obvious hints they actually went out of their way to fit into the first episodes. Just wondering, since you said it so surely.
Jul 5, 2013 8:59 AM

Mar 2012
Dusk252 said:
CreationBreaker said:
Is the Liberal Arts adaptation confirmed now? And I mean an official confirmation, not the very obvious hints they actually went out of their way to fit into the first episodes. Just wondering, since you said it so surely.

No. It is not confirmed as far as I know. I am just certain that with all of the obvious hints that JC Staff has been dropping, there would some pretty big backlash if it wasn't adapted.

Plus, they've already taken the liberty of bringing ITEM into the picture. Why not bring Return of the Winged One into this as well. The more I watch Railgun S, the more I realize that JC Staff is also trying to connect it to Index's unadapted volumes while keeping the anime stand alone. ITEM is the obvious one. Then you have an arc that centers around the source of the Misaka Network.

What would have been perfect would have been if they had adapted the Shopping Mall Demonstration to introduce New Light as well instead of Slice of Life.
Ashen_MikoJul 5, 2013 9:05 AM

Jul 5, 2013 9:13 AM
Jul 2010
CreationBreaker said:
Dusk252 said:
CreationBreaker said:

No. It is not confirmed as far as I know. I am just certain that with all of the obvious hints that JC Staff has been dropping, there would some pretty big backlash if it wasn't adapted.

Plus, they've already taken the liberty of bringing ITEM into the picture. Why not bring Return of the Winged One into this as well. The more I watch Railgun S, the more I realize that JC Staff is also trying to connect it to Index's unadapted volumes while keeping the anime stand alone. ITEM is the obvious one. Then you have an arc that centers around the source of the Misaka Network.

What would have been perfect would have been if they had adapted the Shopping Mall Demonstration to introduce New Light as well instead of Slice of Life.
Yeah, they did a more than excellent job with introducing ITEM now before adapting Index III
That alone will make for a very interesting reaction^^

And yes, considering how it's related so tightly to the events of volumes 15 and 19, it only makes sense for them to do so, and the hints were really obvious. Even the IC card. But with all the rage that came with that one interview, I'm still a bit wary of what might come.

Well... I think their problem is how much disparity there is in the timeline if they adapt Shopping Mall Demonstration. Not like they haven't messed it up before but still... I guess it's more suited for an OVA, but I'd surely prefer it to SoL.
Jul 5, 2013 9:22 AM

Mar 2012
Dusk252 said:
CreationBreaker said:
Dusk252 said:
CreationBreaker said:

Yeah, they did a more than excellent job with introducing ITEM now before adapting Index III
That alone will make for a very interesting reaction^^

And yes, considering how it's related so tightly to the events of volumes 15 and 19, it only makes sense for them to do so, and the hints were really obvious. Even the IC card. But with all the rage that came with that one interview, I'm still a bit wary of what might come.

Well... I think their problem is how much disparity there is in the timeline if they adapt Shopping Mall Demonstration. Not like they haven't messed it up before but still... I guess it's more suited for an OVA, but I'd surely prefer it to SoL.

I once made the proposal about the Shopping Mall Demonstration disparity. They could have it as a flashback from Mikoto when she's on the plane to or from Los Angeles. This way, there would be minimal disparity as we would know it happened prior to the events of...well all events in the story. Come to think of it, with the exception of Index SS2, the Shopping Mall Demonstration is the first story arc chronologically. Personally, I was hoping that Railgun S would be more story and less fluff. While I do like SoL, I feel like Railgun S would have been perfect if it was purely story arc oriented.

Also,
Ashen_MikoJul 5, 2013 9:26 AM

Jul 5, 2013 9:25 AM
Mar 2013
symbv said:
There is a reason why this episode is simply called "Accelerator"....
CreationBreaker said:
Dusk252 said:

I forgot Accelerator meant one-way road. I read the title as one-way road instead of Accelerator... lol. That would have been nice to know beforehand.

CreationBreaker said:

Yeah, if they don't do it after all of the hints they have given, fans will get angry. This is especially true because it is relevant to season 3 and would make for a slow start to a season (well... not really) if put there... It would just be too epic for the beginning of a season anyway.

So... I watched the stream and the re-stream. This was a great episode. I liked everything. Mikoto's skitzo moments were great. I was waiting for this all season. This moment: the moment she looks into the screen and sees MISAKA 10031 die is the moment that defines this arc for me. It's pure despair for Mikoto as well as a loss of reason. She's starting to go crazy.

I mean she attacked the lab in broad day light. She didn't mess with the security sensors. She just made a huge commotion. She laughed evilly. She was cruel to the scientists who were scared (I don't think they deserved that... to be honest) and she damaged all of the robots and completely destroyed the building. She's losing herself really... It's splendid XD.

We saw the flashback with MISAKA 1 vs. Accelerator. That was fun to watch (except for the bleeding part). This was good overall.

The OSTs are literally amazing in this show. I actually want to go as far as to say that the OSTs in this show compared to most anime shows is like comparing some of the best Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy OSTs to those of ok games... It's a pretty huge difference.

The Touma re-hash was excellent. I was happy to see it and it was really well done. It was explained much better here. It was nice seeing him going to Tokiwadai and entering the dorm... I wonder what's going to happen when he's there... Next episode is going to probably be my favorite or second favorite episode of the entire season (even better than episode 5) so this was already amazing.

I can't believe I have to wait a whole week for next episode lol. Also, if anyone cares to comment about Touma being a shallow character here, I will immediately say: stop talking about irrelevant, silly things. Touma was acting completely fine in this episode so anyone who says otherwise is just being IMO ignorant and stupidly biased.

(That was me preparing in advance for people commenting on Touma being bland. There always are a few who say this... It obviously isn't true here).

@CreationBreaker I think they might have an anime original arc with Meigo Arisa's seiyu. She will be singing the new ending and they've shown plenty of Endymion in past episodes. There was also a one-shot with her in the railgun manga. I am praying we will see her there.
Jul 5, 2013 9:27 AM

Jul 2012
Man that BGM for Accelerator.

This is truly the best show of this year.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 5, 2013 10:06 AM
Jul 2010
CreationBreaker said:
Dusk252 said:

I once made the proposal about the Shopping Mall Demonstration disparity. They could have it as a flashback from Mikoto when she's on the plane to or from Los Angeles. This way, there would be minimal disparity as we would know it happened prior to the events of...well all events in the story. Come to think of it, with the exception of Index SS2, the Shopping Mall Demonstration is the first story arc chronologically. Personally, I was hoping that Railgun S would be more story and less fluff. While I do like SoL, I feel like Railgun S would have been perfect if it was purely story arc oriented.

Also,
That would actually be a good way of putting it in. I still don't think an OVA referring the time period accurately (and yeah, chronologically that's set before mostly everything indeed) would be a bad choice, but seeing as they have free episodes this season, they'd be better spent adapting a relevant side story than wasted on some fanservice SoL. And your idea would make a good way of having it inserted there without timeline conflict.
And I'm mostly fine with SoL, as long as we're not getting SoL over plot, which would be the case here. Railgun S has been doing excellent so far without it. This episode was yet another proof of it. It was just great.

Jul 5, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2008
damn~ she went SPLAT pretty brutally compared to Index version. Loved Misaka's emotions in this episode. They really portrayed her fears quite extraordinarily~
Jul 5, 2013 10:29 AM

Mar 2012
Dusk252 said:
That would actually be a good way of putting it in. I still don't think an OVA referring the time period accurately (and yeah, chronologically that's set before mostly everything indeed) would be a bad choice, but seeing as they have free episodes this season, they'd be better spent adapting a relevant side story than wasted on some fanservice SoL. And your idea would make a good way of having it inserted there without timeline conflict.
And I'm mostly fine with SoL, as long as we're not getting SoL over plot, which would be the case here. Railgun S has been doing excellent so far without it. This episode was yet another proof of it. It was just great.

Agreed. SoL is okay so long as it is not prioritized in a series that is plot-centric. Even the fake date episode from Index I was still relevant to the plot. It's too bad that we're gonna get SoL over an important side story.

Point taken about the censoring.

Kazejimonji said:
damn~ she went SPLAT pretty brutally compared to Index version. Loved Misaka's emotions in this episode. They really portrayed her fears quite extraordinarily~

Methinks that JC Staff is using Railgun S to prepare for the brutality we will get within Index III. My fears about Index III being toned down from the novels are starting to be alleviated here. :P

Jul 5, 2013 11:02 AM

Feb 2009
That despair on both ends. The one who got involved and the one trying to stop the project. And that flashback. People probably won't take that very well seeing how Accel was acting in the experiment but whatever. It served its purpose. Whether they accept it or not is up to them.
The OST is just awesome here. Love it. And that detail with the windmills. I saw that.

Finally, the bridge scene next episode. They're even including Touma going to Mikoto's room. Total merging of both materials huh, though they still skipped the fleas part with Sphinx, the nun and the miko.
Despite doing so well with adapting the source, why are we still getting original material after this arc. Argh, so depressing. Better savor the climax of this arc and let's hope the episodes after Sisters arc are worth it for them to be skipping the source material.
Jul 5, 2013 1:54 PM

Jun 2011
I was looking forward to the new OP this week
Guess not :/
Hopefully next week(?)
Jul 5, 2013 2:11 PM

Mar 2012
Shih said:
I was looking forward to the new OP this week
Guess not :/
Hopefully next week(?)

New OPs for a Raildex anime always start at episode 17.

Jul 5, 2013 2:23 PM

Dec 2012
Very nice episode. Accelerator's madness was portrayed really well.

Misaka 10031 continued the hopeless fight that had been repeated 10,000 times. Her body exploded, but Accelerator still prevented any single drop of blood to stain his clothes. Killing sure is as easy as stepping on an ant for this guy

I really like how Touma was rendered speechless by the sisters. I would feel the same if such mind blowing revelation were to come at me. Next week is the famous bridge scene, can't wait.
Jul 5, 2013 3:54 PM

Oct 2012
This was such a great episode.
It was very painful to see Misaka losing it, and then seeing the sister being murdered so gruesomely.
One could easily hate Accelerator if one does not get the whole picture. I like how J.C staff is handling the flashbacks. It was so depressing seeing Misaka 1 die like that.
I take it next episode, or most likely the episode after the next one will cover Accel and Touma's confrontation.

The arc is ending, I'm curious to see how the studio will handle Liberal Arts City.
Hopefully, they'll make Shopping Mall Demonstration into an OVA.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Jul 5, 2013 5:21 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode.Always awesome to see more Accelerator.I can't stop feeling bad for Misaka and Sisters though...but oh well.
Jul 5, 2013 5:28 PM

Feb 2013
You could really feel the despair Mikoto had this episode. Well, I did anyway. OST was pretty good this episode too, really noticed it.

Man, it went by so fast though. Really want next week to come already.
Jul 5, 2013 6:00 PM

Jul 2009
i like all those still pictures showing misaka's oh so delicious angry face
Jul 5, 2013 6:16 PM

May 2011
Yeah I loved the way Misaka was portrayed in this episode, especially with how pissed off and hopeless she looked as she wrecked that lab.

That blood splattering scene wow... and damn it was sad to see how the first clone died.
Jul 5, 2013 6:40 PM

May 2011
Poor poor Misaka. It really isn't easy to see her get like that. ;_;
Episode was very well handled. Excellent portrayal of Misaka and a little more Accelerator insight as well. Really anticipating the rest of this arc!
Jul 5, 2013 6:45 PM
Jul 2012
A question for novel readers, so spoilers:
Jul 5, 2013 7:20 PM

May 2013
Can't wait for next episode.
Jul 5, 2013 7:24 PM

Mar 2012
CallMeIshmael said:
A question for novel readers, so spoilers:

What exactly would Mikoto having seen that that clone dying help set up

Jul 5, 2013 7:51 PM
Aug 2010
This is so great, I'am really looking forward to watching touma vs accelerator and compare how much have the animation improved since the first season.

I really want Index III hope it gets announced soon.
Jul 5, 2013 7:52 PM

Sep 2012
Kuroko next episode <3

This episode was brutal

Oh I loved how Misaka was just blowing shit up
Jul 5, 2013 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
The blood flow reversal was brutal as fuck, who didn't shudder watching Misaka cry out to the camera in despair...

And the flashback to the first one's death was just bone chilling the way they did it. This Sister's arc will surely have been one of the darkest, most depressing arcs in a long time by the time it's over.

Also, and Railgun only viewers probably won't give him any credit or consideration because he has to be so antagonized, but the best part of the episode was seeing Accel's reaction to what he would have to do to complete the project, and the slightest effect it had on him when he killed the first.

Well next week is the one I've really been waiting for.
Jul 5, 2013 8:14 PM

May 2008
Did anyone else notice the pattern to that password challenge?

ZXC 741 ASD 852 QWE 963

I am a banana.
Jul 5, 2013 8:29 PM

Mar 2012
saka said:

ZXC 741 ASD 852 QWE 963

A while ago. I think dniv was the first to point it out in either the episode 3 or 4 discussion threads. The sub group figured it out as well since they split up the 6 segments of the passcode.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaJul 5, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 5, 2013 8:35 PM

May 2011
saka said:

ZXC 741 ASD 852 QWE 963

Nice! I really wouldn't have picked that up at all. Pretty clever scheme, lol.
Jul 5, 2013 8:59 PM

Sep 2011
Nice episode! really they adapt Misaka despair pretty well! she just destroying the lab as a desperation move and finish by watching the Misaka Clone getting "splat" was so well done! really no wonder she lost it :(

As Accel,well badass as always! also the flashback kinda shows a little that he is not as psycho and crazy as it looks....but well that will be for another time!

Next episode should be great! Touma and certain "Stalker" in Misaka room,and of course the Bridge scene!! after that....its time to break someones illusion!! :D

I discover it sometime ago with some help,but really cleaver password no doubt.
Jul 5, 2013 9:24 PM

Mar 2012
Touma! go pwn accelerater! wooh
Jul 5, 2013 9:29 PM

Apr 2011
Great to see my favorite scene with Accelerator from the original Index series recreated with new amazing artwork. I want an Index III announcement soon.

And god the feels with the original MISAKA clone... Next episode should be awesome as well, looking forward to it.
Jul 5, 2013 9:42 PM

Oct 2012
I'm glad that Touma is finally getting in on the clone project! The finale of this arc will definitely be something to look forward to.

Also, I'm going to miss Sister's Noise when they switch OP's.
"Now if you'll excuse me I must get back to my Madoka anime. Pink lesbian saved time lesbian and now they're about to fight Walmart"
Jul 5, 2013 9:52 PM

May 2011
kurokouga said:
Also, I'm going to miss Sister's Noise when they switch OP's.

The next OP will still be fripSide, so I'm actually looking forward to the change. Get ready for Eternal Reality!
Jul 5, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2012
So before we got a finger.. This time a ..bone?
Jul 5, 2013 10:02 PM

Dec 2011
I've been waiting so long for Touma to find out! I hope Shirai and the others will help Mikasa to destroy the Level 6 Shift project :)
Jul 5, 2013 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
touma looks cooler than what i remember
Jul 5, 2013 11:04 PM

Feb 2013
i just feel bad for misaka
Jul 5, 2013 11:36 PM

May 2013
recently i was just watching this part on index now im watching it in railgun its kind a the same i mean alot the same
Jul 6, 2013 1:41 AM

Apr 2008
egnaro315 said:
So before we got a finger.. This time a ..bone?

That's her hair clip.
Jul 6, 2013 1:42 AM

Dec 2012
This episode was really good, but i just can stop feeling as if Misaka is helpless against the Accelerator i mean how in the world is she supposed to stop him?! I really hate him he grosses me out so much xD such an evil person.
Jul 6, 2013 1:43 AM

Dec 2012
AshLily said:
I've been waiting so long for Touma to find out! I hope Shirai and the others will help Mikasa to destroy the Level 6 Shift project :)

Id rather have them destroy that ugly Accelerators face >:(
Jul 6, 2013 2:15 AM
Feb 2013
Another great episode. More terrorist Misaka, more mad Accelerator and now Touma is totally involved. I didn't expect watching the same story again could be that exciting.
Jul 6, 2013 2:21 AM

May 2012
Need MORE aitemu.

14:32 ano hage jijii...

TOOO SHORRTTTT
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 6, 2013 2:23 AM

Jun 2008
Touching episode.

Very nice.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

372 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

120 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 10, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

100 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 9, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

126 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

105 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 8, 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.