Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty relaxing episode, at least for half for me. Dat swimsuit:

No skirt flip scene. Damn.

Nice to see the Misaka clone I guess. (with long hair) GEKOTA. Epic OST though.

ACCELERATOR NEXT WEEK.@@@@. Oh god.
May 3, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ Kuroko's reaction about Misaka being so unusual.

Girls' hanging time like first season, talk about clone is not included.

Long hair clone! So cute before she got into that lifeless personality. Having fun with kids and trying to get what she wants for Gachapon. She met the clone finally! Wait, there's more clones made prior?

Acce. in the preview!! That means he appears in next ep.?!
tsubasaloverMay 3, 2013 7:55 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 3, 2013 7:54 AM

Jul 2007
Misaka sister with long hair :3

Pretty relaxing episode if you take out THAT ENDING. And i mean the ending AFTER the ED song. Holy crap did they tell her to clean that up D:

Hope we get to see some Accel next episode.
May 3, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
Cloudy-Sky said:
Hope we get to see some Accel next episode.

Oh man, I'm so excited this. Accelerator making his badass debut.
May 3, 2013 7:57 AM

Aug 2009
I havent watched it yet,but did they cut the part where the researchers put MISAKA 9982 to

EDIT:Nvm.Thanks CLoud-sky and Stark
May 3, 2013 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
I havent watched it yet,but did they cut the part where the researchers put MISAKA 9982 to

At the very end, I think so.
May 3, 2013 8:00 AM

Aug 2009
tsubasalover said:
lol @ Kuroko's reaction about Misaka being so unusual.

Girls' hanging time like first season, talk about clone is not included.

Long hair clone! So cute before she got into that lifeless personality. Having fun with kids and trying to get what she wants for Gachapon. She met the clone finally! Wait, there's more clones made prior?

Acce. in the preview!! That means he appears in next ep.?!
She is #9982
May 3, 2013 8:02 AM

Apr 2009
They really like their filler over at JC Staff, huh?

I hope we can actually get some focus soon. I'm fine with balancing, but there's only so far you can balance swimsuits and mass-murder.

Also, WHERE'S MY TEA SCENE JC?
AmarrezMay 3, 2013 8:13 AM
May 3, 2013 8:03 AM
Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty relaxing episode, at least for half for me. Dat swimsuit:

No skirt flip scene. Damn.

Nice to see the Misaka clone I guess. (with long hair) GEKOTA. Epic OST though.

ACCELERATOR NEXT WEEK.@@@@. Oh god.

Did you see the ending in the lab after the railgun ending song? They had an after-scene. It was with the Misaka clone seeing all of the bloody bodies in that room for "clean up." You should re-watch the episode if you closed it before the very end.

Seeing the blood there, I am not worried anymore. J.C. staff will make this as brutal as it is supposed to be so this is a very good sign. I am very pleased. That made my day and tells me that I don't have to worry anymore if it drags out a little more. This will be a deep season, eventually.

The shopping was fun. I liked Kuroko getting shocked by Mikoto, that was funny as well. Mikoto was acting a little weird because she was so happy initially lol. Saten still hasn't gotten over the money cards... lol.

I really liked the graphics inside the mall. It was really detailed. The new level of graphics is great. My only concern is that the dimensions seem a little weird to me. I think that everything looks very pretty though. They even used Fraichie (instead of Fraiche) for a part of the mall.

Otherwise, I liked what we got to see of her clone being born. I liked Mikoto playing with the kids and trying to get Gekota. I also like how they keep on referencing the trip which kind of makes me sure that they will be adapting it... They keep on talking about buying things to prepare for it, so this is probably J.C. staff just letting us know that it will do this.

One other thing I noticed that was interesting was that when Mikoto explained about how she can't communicate with others via electricity because of interfering signals, I wonder if this means we are going to get a good explanation for anything that can communicate electronically using electric signals (not going into specifics on purpose).

I was right on the money when I said this episode would end with Mikoto seeing the clone. However, I didn't predict that we would see the other clone and then see that final ending seen afterwards. Once again, the very end was amazing.

I am very excited for next week. The only thing is that at this point I am not very hopeful about quick pacing. I am going to be patient. It will get quick eventually... just not yet.

Anyway. Great Episode.

And CloudSky: yes this is the ending I was talking about, I was just too slow posting lolz.

ssjokg said:

They didn't cut it. I thought they would, but they put it at the very end after the credits. My heart literally stopped. I was like: that was a cruel trick. Making me disappointed and then making me very happy after seeing all of the blood. Animation will stay true to the manga :)
dnivMay 3, 2013 8:07 AM
May 3, 2013 8:06 AM

Nov 2011
Oh I saw that part. They showed bloody Misaka clones for a brief moment. I'm just very excited for Accelerator to make his debut though. From what it was shown, I'm guessing Misaka will fight him directly as there was some blood on her face.

I don't remember that from the Index anime as the original Misaka didn't fight him on screen from Season 1 from what I can remember; as in direct combat.

May 3, 2013 8:08 AM

Aug 2009
Stark700 said:
From what it was shown, I'm guessing Misaka will fight him directly as there was some blood on her face.

I don't remember that from the Index anime as the original Misaka didn't fight him on screen from Season 1 from what I can remember.

You are both right and wrong.

Well yeah since timeline wise Index's part of the arc hasnt started yet.
May 3, 2013 8:09 AM

Nov 2011
Well going by timeline yes. My memory's a bit vague on this right now lol, been years since I've watched Index.
May 3, 2013 8:10 AM
Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
Oh I saw that part. They showed bloody Misaka clones for a brief moment. I'm just very excited for Accelerator to make his debut though. From what it was shown, I'm guessing Misaka will fight him directly as there was some blood on her face.

I don't remember that from the Index anime as the original Misaka didn't fight him on screen from Season 1 from what I can remember; as in direct combat.

Longer arcs mean extra goodies too watch. I won't say anything to ruin the surprise, but the next part of the story is excellent. Everything is about to begin. The most anticipated early part of the arc is probably in two episodes though. Yep.
May 3, 2013 8:13 AM

Sep 2011
Accelerator next week? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Now I got to wait another week.
May 3, 2013 9:54 AM

Feb 2009
Currently August 15 huh.
I was mostly bored with 2/3rds of the episode. It's a good thing they're inserting the parts with Misaka #9982 in between. As much as I like Kana Hanazawa, it would have been better if her character isn't present here. Totally unnecessary.
And I believe I heard California there. So we're really going to do Liberal Arts huh.
Episode was a necessary buildup I guess but this was a bit more bearable in the manga. Next episode looks good with the appearance of our albino dude. Should be fun.
May 3, 2013 10:13 AM

Apr 2008
Judging by the end of the episode it looks like the show is no longer PG13.
YESH!!!!!! ACCELERATOR NEXT WEEK !!!!!

(Sidenote: It's interesting that #9982 has life in her eyes compared to the other clones since they all have empty eyes. Either JC Staff is trying to make the clones more moe this time around or
IchiroEXMay 3, 2013 10:23 AM
May 3, 2013 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
Kazejimonji said:

(Sidenote: It's interesting that #9982 has life in her eyes compared to the other clones since they all have empty eyes. Either JC Staff is trying to make the clones more moe this time around or

What you said in the spoiler

And btw about moe:Sisters>>Misaka
ssjokgMay 3, 2013 10:20 AM
May 3, 2013 10:28 AM

Apr 2008
ssjokg said:
Kazejimonji said:

Ahaha agreed! Then what about:

#9982 > #10032?

Thoughts?
IchiroEXMay 3, 2013 10:33 AM
May 3, 2013 10:30 AM
Jul 2012
Kazejimonji said:
ssjokg said:
Kazejimonji said:

Ahaha agreed! But what about:

#9982 > #10032?

Thoughts?

Are you on crack?

10032 > 9982
May 3, 2013 10:37 AM

Aug 2009
PrincessJavi said:
Kazejimonji said:
ssjokg said:
Kazejimonji said:

#9982 > #10032?

Thoughts?

Are you on crack?

10032 > 9982

^this
INdex 2 video in the spoiler:

I cant find the scene with the chocolate chicks....
May 3, 2013 10:38 AM

Feb 2009
Misaki > all

Problem solved.
May 3, 2013 10:56 AM

Mar 2012
PrincessJavi said:
Kazejimonji said:
ssjokg said:
Kazejimonji said:

#9982 > #10032?

Thoughts?

Are you on crack?

10032 > 9982

No. you're on crack. 9982 rebels against the original and wins.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
May 3, 2013 11:04 AM

Aug 2009
CreationBreaker said:
PrincessJavi said:
Kazejimonji said:
ssjokg said:
Kazejimonji said:

#9982 > #10032?

Thoughts?

Are you on crack?

10032 > 9982

But 10032 got gifts from a certain boy before the original did.And some choco chicks to raise and protect....
So 10032>=Worst>other SISTERS and Original
May 3, 2013 11:09 AM

Jul 2010
Hell yes, Accelerator shows up next episode!
May 3, 2013 11:12 AM

Feb 2009
I got ignored...

Let's just agree on Last Order then shall we. You guys aren't even discussing the episode. A certain someone will get mad again ;)
May 3, 2013 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
Please, let Accelerator tear off her leg, please let Accelerator tear off her leg ....
May 3, 2013 11:38 AM
Jul 2012
belatkuro said:
I got ignored...

Let's just agree on Last Order then shall we. You guys aren't even discussing the episode. A certain someone will get mad again ;)

rofl I don't give a fuck about last order. Misaka 10032 > All
May 3, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
Not much happened in this episode besides Misaka fan service and that rather gruesome scene after the end credits. Too bad that Railgun comes after Index. If it were a stand alone series, the revelation of the clones would have had a far greater impact.

Misaka with long hair is nice, but I still think short hair fits her personality more XD. I wonder if it can be rated PG-13 coming to the States once Accelerator's slaughter feast begins.
May 3, 2013 12:59 PM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:
PrincessJavi said:
Kazejimonji said:
ssjokg said:
Kazejimonji said:

#9982 > #10032?

Thoughts?

Are you on crack?

10032 > 9982

But 10032 got gifts from a certain boy before the original did.And some choco chicks to raise and protect....

So.. I disagree with all of you. I don't remember which Misaka it is. But the one from the episode that is asked to clean the room. That Misaka is the most boss.

That's the Misaka that told me that J.C. staff will be animating this correctly with the right level of darkness. So She automatically beats all other Misaka's... obviously only until Mikoto acts out that darkness (lol).
May 3, 2013 1:01 PM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:
PrincessJavi said:
Kazejimonji said:
ssjokg said:
Kazejimonji said:

#9982 > #10032?

Thoughts?

Are you on crack?

10032 > 9982

So.. I disagree with all of you. I don't remember which Misaka it is. But the one from the episode that is asked to clean the room. That Misaka is the most boss.

That's the Misaka that told me that J.C. staff will be animating this correctly with the right level of darkness. So She automatically beats all other Misaka's... obviously only until Mikoto acts out that darkness (lol).
That's 9982.And no.
May 3, 2013 1:10 PM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
dniv said:
ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:
PrincessJavi said:
Kazejimonji said:
ssjokg said:
Kazejimonji said:

#9982 > #10032?

Thoughts?

Are you on crack?

10032 > 9982

That's 9982.And no.

I thought 9982 is the one with Mikoto right now... I'm talking about the girl that was just created. Also, 10032 is the one later... right?
May 3, 2013 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
In the manga we saw her birth and duty first so I aasumed that this is 9982.MAybe it was used as a flashback in the anime?
Actually it was a flashback in the manga too("3 months earlier") but we got it before their meeting.
ssjokgMay 3, 2013 1:24 PM
May 3, 2013 2:55 PM
Mar 2013
ssjokg said:
dniv said:
In the manga we saw her birth and duty first so I aasumed that this is 9982.MAybe it was used as a flashback in the anime?
Actually it was a flashback in the manga too("3 months earlier") but we got it before their meeting.

Plus, the ending was literally made for Misaka 9982. So she's obviously a good character. Like Creation Breaker said, you see her stopping the real Misaka.
May 3, 2013 3:05 PM

Jun 2011
Should have asked this few episode ago,

So this episode happens before the Sisters arc in Index I?

Does that mean we might see part of Index I (ex. Misaka vs Accelerator) in Railgun S?
May 3, 2013 3:11 PM
Jul 2012
Shih said:
Should have asked this few episode ago,

So this episode happens before the Sisters arc in Index I?

Does that mean we might see part of Index I (ex. Misaka vs Accelerator) in Railgun S?

Yup and yup
May 3, 2013 6:06 PM
May 2008
Dat soundtrack.

I hope they don't censor the next episode. A bit worried about that.
May 3, 2013 6:20 PM

Dec 2009
thanks guys. I didn't know this was a prequel in the middle story of the "Sisters" thing.

And btw, Misaka's clone with long hair... so cute!
May 3, 2013 6:29 PM

Aug 2011
No. They cut out all of 9982's funny lines from the flashback. We didn't get to see her have her first cup of tea.
The episode was well done. The cut back and forth from the past to the present flowed better than I would have expected. Poor Mikoto can't resist anything related to Gekota. With all this teasing about the upcoming trip, the Liberal Arts arc better be coming next or there will be blood.

Look forward to the next episode where Mikoto meets her clone, as well as the appearance of Accelerator.
May 3, 2013 6:41 PM
Mar 2009
I hope this season doesn't go the first route because im trying to enjoy this but i just can't. I feel like most of the first half was fillers except for the clone scene. I just read accelerator in the first page so i think i will finish watching this episode.
May 3, 2013 6:48 PM
Sep 2012
Another slow episode
Next week the gore party begin, YAY
May 3, 2013 6:59 PM

Dec 2011
Misaka finally met her clone!!!!

AnoNatsu reference found! Rinon in one of the gachapon badges!

And... Accelerator appears next ep! Damn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2013 7:08 PM

Jul 2008
Fiji said:

AnoNatsu reference found! Rinon in one of the gachapon badges!

Haha I noticed that too!
May 3, 2013 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
nice chilled episode with a bit of seriousness in the background

after seeing that room at the end i was both excited and worried will i have to relive Accelerators massacre of the clones again?.

and i really wish Misaka had long hair now !
May 3, 2013 7:22 PM

Jul 2012
I want moar. Nice episode overall though.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 3, 2013 7:23 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008

Ah yes, they finally meet. Only real complaint for this episode was the distinct lack of 9982's first cup of tea. I hope they save that for next episode since it will go well with

waalex11 said:
thanks guys. I didn't know this was a prequel in the middle story of the "Sisters" thing.

And btw, Misaka's clone with long hair... so cute!

Well, the MAL entry does say that this season is about how Mikoto discovered the clones and the experiment, and the first few episodes have been unraveling deets bit by bit. One would think that by now it was obvious that Mikoto's side of the Sisters Arc would start this way as opposed to how it happened in Index, where

Just saying, assuming you watched the first three eps, this should not be a surprise by now.

And now, for an adorable gif:

May 3, 2013 7:54 PM

Jun 2009
Summer just started she said.

yup, the worst summer of her life just started.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2013 8:16 PM
Oct 2012
Hooray Accelerator next week :D
May 3, 2013 8:18 PM

Nov 2011
So yup, they did cut out the tea scene which is this:

One of the funnier moments imo. I still enjoyed the latest episode though.
May 3, 2013 8:26 PM

Jul 2011
I don't know why people keep mentioning the manga. I know this is based on a manga, but this is an episode of an ANIME discussion. It kind of spoils it for those who haven't read the manga.

Anyways, moving on...So Misaka finally encounters her clone. Is that clone the same they've been showing in the lab. Or is it just a before (3mo ago) and after/present.

But all in all it was pretty relaxing.

And wow, that ending reminds me of the resident evil and alice's clones.
I wonder what they were doing with them, making them fight? Pretty brutal.

Anyways don't know who that white haired guy is but a lot of people are excited about him. We'll see how he is.

next ep now please! lol.
May 3, 2013 8:27 PM

Mar 2012
And finally things begin to kick off.

As I predicted, Chapters 20 and 21 were adapted in this episode. And with all of the teasing, it definitely looks like we will definitely be getting an adaptation of the Liberal Arts City SS (which takes place shortly before the Daihaseisai). It's going to be interesting to see how Haruue will be added into the Liberal Arts City SS considering that she wasn't there in the novel.

The filler at the beginning did water down the mood of the episode but the second half was well adapted. At the same time, it was nice seeing Chapter 20 spread out throughout the entire episode. Rather than having that flashback of 9982's all at once, JC Staff spread it out in order to amplify the dark mood of the sisters arc.

Have to love Mikoto here.

At the same time, it looks like we will be getting the gore of the original. So long as the scene with
isn't censored in the TV broadcast, I will be happy with next episode. So...blood.

Based on the next episode preview, it looks like Chapters 22 and 23 will be adapted in Episode 5. At least with the pacing, so far, so good with the exception of the fact that the tea scene was cut from the anime.

And lastly...9982>>>>Mikoto

Mod Edit: Only 1 screenshot per post is allowed in episode discussions. Also please use spoiler tags for large images.

Edit: Whoops...my bad...
Ashen_MikoMay 3, 2013 9:34 PM
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2013

219 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 28, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nyoko-Kun - Apr 12, 2013

499 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by nanajp »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.