Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2023 9:32 PM

Jan 2016
So this mean the time machine was never made?
hKonataJan 7, 11:40 PM
Dec 24, 2023 8:34 AM
May 2014
Decent but could have been better! Hope there is a follow-up to this or at least another epilogue chapter to fully wrap things up.
Dec 24, 2023 3:11 PM
Jun 2022
I think it was cool that we got more dr stone. But also i think that the way this third character ended didnt really finish the series well/fully in my opinion.
7/10 tho because it was still fun to read
Dec 24, 2023 5:07 PM
May 2021
Fun read man!! I love Dr Stone, wish it was longer!! Even if it was 10 chapters would have been amazing but still loved it!
Dec 24, 2023 9:57 PM

Dec 2020
aw i was expecting a bit more of an epilogue/ending to this one. i hope that means it leaves room for another sequel after this, i don't mind the idea of adding a few new chapters onto the series every now and then whenever inagaki and boichi feel like it instead of having to keep up with the series 24/7 but oh well. i'm guessing they're heavily implying that they found byakuya at the end

here's to hoping for more in the future
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Dec 24, 2023 10:44 PM

Jan 2009
so future byakuya is a fake then and is actually whyman using a fake voice of byakuya to encourage senku to make a real time machine

welp decent extra short chapters of this manga
Dec 25, 2023 12:33 AM
Mar 2022
So whyman can also posses emotions. And if thousands of years later whyman has to send petri beam to petrify Bakuya then the time paradox comes. So Dr stone manages to come through parallel world existence, great really great stuff. Kaisaki moment was heartwarming, essence of humanity isn't just be there for that one big moment but rather enjoy the journey with ppl around you which make you grow. And Senku and group will carry on exploring rules for the scientific world.
Loved this spin off. Peak stuff from Inagaki and Boichi sensei again. Wish it kinda be longer but it was nice addition to the story.
Hopefully we get some more spin off when the final season will be going to land in next or the year after that.
Dec 26, 2023 9:55 AM
Jul 2019
anyone else bawling their eyes out to this chapter? everything abt it felt so personal. after going on this journey with them for 7+ yrs, i truly felt connected to kaseki’s ideology on his death and senku’s regret over his relationship with his father. even why-man had some incredible characterization, even if it feels generic to some. boichi’s art peaks here, with his ability to draw out such rich emotions through simple facial expressions.

the ending was just perfect. the open-ended nature of the conclusion adds so much to the message of the series overall. truly inspiring, but leaves us always wanting more. yet sadly, it looks like this is the end. with a major theme of this epilogue being that ‘nothing can last forever,’ i see these 3 chapters as the best way they could’ve left this series. i’m so glad this was released, every character had their time to shine as well.

here’s to humanity one day creating our own time machine!
Dec 27, 2023 5:10 AM

Oct 2013
As expected, it was a creative lie coming from Why-Man to boost the humanity's morale and allow them to fully unleash their potential together... But I didn't expect to not only hear about Why-Man's emotional programme actually existing, but also seeing it in action. Yes, longevity is a cool concept, but there also comes a huge price to pay, when you are seeing your fellow mortal friends dying one after another. I'm surprised that Why-Man decided to turn the emotional programme off.

I liked this sequel story. Cute, creative, with nice twists. All well-known characters appeared as well and received some time to shine.

One thing bothers me, though. If, hypothetically, Byakuya had been petrified shortly before dying, thanks to the time machine invented many many years after, then why Senkuu and the others decided to search for his statue on the cemetery near Ishigami village? Byakuya died on the Treasure Island and it's hard for me to imagine anyone taking his statue, or its fragment, on an uncertain, very dangerous voyage through the sea.
Dec 27, 2023 4:02 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to yameteKudasaiKun
So whyman can also posses emotions. And if thousands of years later whyman has to send petri beam to petrify Bakuya then the time paradox comes. So Dr stone manages to come through parallel world existence, great really great stuff. Kaisaki moment was heartwarming, essence of humanity isn't just be there for that one big moment but rather enjoy the journey with ppl around you which make you grow. And Senku and group will carry on exploring rules for the scientific world.
Loved this spin off. Peak stuff from Inagaki and Boichi sensei again. Wish it kinda be longer but it was nice addition to the story.
Hopefully we get some more spin off when the final season will be going to land in next or the year after that.
@soma_ITB

Actually there is no time paradox here.

To put it simply:
No one was aware of this experiment before it started.
They want to know if time travel is real->They created believable scenario to confirm time travel (in this case petrifed Bakuya)->They find that proof or not->If there is proof then they continue research on time travel and If not then they don't find proof then they are ending all research on time travel.

@Fang_Tooth
@Georgie_Clown
@NinjaStuart115
Outside of Why-men thing and petrification authors were trying to be real to science and since we don't know if time travel is real then they didn't wanted to confirm it. It would be a bit awkward if this series confirmed time travel only to have it disproved by scientists 500 years from now.

@Adnash
Yeah, I understand authors symbolism and making references to old chapters but it is definitely a plot hole.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.168/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 27, 2023 6:46 PM

Dec 2020
Reply to Nieznajomy43
@soma_ITB

To put it simply:
They want to know if time travel is real->They created believable scenario to confirm time travel (in this case petrifed Bakuya)->They find that proof or not->If there is proof then they continue research on time travel and If not then they don't find proof then they are ending all research on time travel.

@Fang_Tooth
@Georgie_Clown
@NinjaStuart115
Outside of Why-men thing and petrification authors were trying to be real to science and since we don't know if time travel is real then they didn't wanted to confirm it. It would be a bit awkward if this series confirmed time travel only to have it disproved by scientists 500 years from now.

@Adnash
Yeah, I understand authors symbolism and making references to old chapters but it is definitely a plot hole.
Nieznajomy43 said:

yeah, i've figured that has to be the case. it was actually something i was worried about after learning this in specific was going to be about time travel because i didn't really know how i'd feel if a story that's been so intricately science based just decided "also time travel is real now" lol but they dealt with it fine. thanks for that though

imo my reason for another sequel is more like i want to see the characters post-main story more and less than the byakuya thing, but it's not necessary i'm just holding out on copium at this point 👍
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Dec 27, 2023 11:58 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to Nieznajomy43
@soma_ITB

To put it simply:

@Fang_Tooth
@Georgie_Clown
@NinjaStuart115

@Adnash
@Nieznajomy43 there might have chances of time paradox.
Imagine if time machine will be the thing in future world of Dr stone -> whyman will send petri beam in past to petrify Bakyua -> Then Bakyua will be immobile, so will not able to leave clues for future -> everything that happen till now wouldn't happen -> so Senku won't able to connect with whyman in real time (as he did in previous arcs) -> time paradox (as now how whyman able to petrify Bakuya in past as didn't brought to earth by Senku in this case). Grandfather paradox is a simpler example of this event.
That's why I think if it will to send petri beam in past so parallel world theory is open.
Dec 28, 2023 5:42 AM

Dec 2016
Reply to yameteKudasaiKun
@Nieznajomy43 there might have chances of time paradox.
Imagine if time machine will be the thing in future world of Dr stone -> whyman will send petri beam in past to petrify Bakyua -> Then Bakyua will be immobile, so will not able to leave clues for future -> everything that happen till now wouldn't happen -> so Senku won't able to connect with whyman in real time (as he did in previous arcs) -> time paradox (as now how whyman able to petrify Bakuya in past as didn't brought to earth by Senku in this case). Grandfather paradox is a simpler example of this event.
That's why I think if it will to send petri beam in past so parallel world theory is open.
@soma_ITB

They just need to send petri beam after Bakuya created all clues which should be fairly easy to calculate if they know exactly how long time ago original petrification wave happened. Like they could do 40 or 50 years after original petrification.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.168/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 28, 2023 6:13 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to Nieznajomy43
@soma_ITB

They just need to send petri beam after Bakuya created all clues which should be fairly easy to calculate if they know exactly how long time ago original petrification wave happened. Like they could do 40 or 50 years after original petrification.
@Nieznajomy43 ya fair enough, by that they might avoid the time paradox, but even then the time travel plot will create many weird turns in story like influencing past in many ways..... which is the main issue in theories of time travel. So it was good that Inkagaki sensei just stopped before endorsing the time travel.
Dec 29, 2023 10:18 PM
Oct 2016
Kaseki’s scene made me tear up, I’ve sometimes thought about him passing away… but glad he’s still enjoying life to the fullest! Senku, Taiju and everyone else seem more excited than ever to uncover more secrets! All around this is a great ending to the interesting Time Machine arc, sad it ended so soon though.
Dec 30, 2023 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
So despite being happy for more Dr. Stone, I was unsure a bit at first at it seemingly aiming to give a conclusive answer to the time travel, since I liked how the series ending left it ambiguous yet hopeful. Thankfully in the end this managed to preserve that, even if it's basically one step away from confirming it.

Downside is, we probably won't get any more extra chapter. At least I'm doubtful of it, since my impression is this is as far as they want to go with it plotwise. They could release some set just before this time wise, or otherwise write it while dancing around whether they found Byakuya's statue, some little side ventures like Terraforming, but I don't really see that happening. It makes a good end, so I don't mind if this is really it.

NinjaStuart115 said:
Decent but could have been better! Hope there is a follow-up to this or at least another epilogue chapter to fully wrap things up.
Eh, pushing it even further would just ruin it.
Dec 31, 2023 4:22 AM

Oct 2017
So they went with an open end, makes sense and suits it too. Would have been good to have more Kohaku x Senku or Luna. Otherwise was fun having from this series. Gonna miss it again.
Jan 12, 9:01 PM

May 2010
The old man is one of my favorite characters. One of my earliest memories of the series back when I was getting reinterested in manga and started this as my first weekly series was of him wanting to join the crew despite his age. This had a great sequel scene and brought back some strong emotions.
linkmax1412Jan 15, 10:46 PM
Jan 17, 11:16 AM

Apr 2015
This was a fun spinoff, Boichi keeps teasing us with new stories and chapters. Hope we get a continuation to this aswell.
Mar 13, 1:03 PM

Dec 2020
I'm really late but gotta say it was really fun to read dr stone again after it ended 2 years ago.
I still think this is a really underrated manga and deserves more love, it's also one of my favourite.
Hoping to get more chapters in future🤞

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: 4D Science Chapter 1 Discussion

Red_Ranger_Wien - Nov 5, 2023

16 by Biisoo »»
Jan 17, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: 4D Science Chapter 2 Discussion

NinjaStuart115 - Dec 17, 2023

10 by MegamiRem »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.