Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 9, 2023 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Now that their latest mission is over, Anya and her family can get some peace. Loid's surfing skills though...holy shit. They definitely made a lot of memories this arc.

Outside of the usual Anya meme faces, it was great to see her friend Becky back again, and even Damian too. Nothing too crazy this episode but just glad to see this the family together.
Dec 9, 2023 6:28 AM

May 2020
We know what the trio of Loid, Anya and Yor went through in their time on this ship, so the way it was advertised, we did get an actual “vacation” time this episode. Yor joined the fray and of course, the family had a blast with practically everything they could’ve had…

.. from practising horse riding to snorkelling to surfing. I’m missing a dozen off the list, but it just goes to show the family made up for all of that lost time they were apart from each other. So peaceful, so peaceful.. to the point where Loid literally has to carry his family off. Might not be a real family and not the correct quote, but like “daughter”, like “mother” lol.

Such a poetic frame. Anyways, Anya with her old habits, tried to impress everyone with her tales.. the tales of an “adventure” lol, but like it goes every time, she fumbled big time again. Kids might be kids, let them be. Though I'm sure Anya won't learn, George.

Three biggest liars teaching a kid how wrong is to lie… so awkward but was comedy gold xD
Dec 9, 2023 6:28 AM

Dec 2021
I love episodes like this—nothing intense, just good old family fun.

The day following the assault by the assassins and the bomb scare, the cruise ship docks at the resort island, and in her eagerness, Anya leaps out with excitement. However, Loid quickly cautions Anya to be careful. Eventually, they reunite with Yor, who had received Anya's message the previous day and managed to take the entire day off.

It's a riot watching Yor tackle a zipline, and the tandem bike struggle is just as funny. On a brighter note, Loid turns out to be a sandcastle-making pro. The sheep in the petting zoo better appreciate the love from Anya! But, like all good things, the fun comes to an end, and it's back to school. Wonder if George is still catching flak for that stunt? And who knew little Becky could drop such wisdom at six. Anya's family gets all awkward about lying, and it's pretty funny, especially since Yor seems to be the only one who's not so great at it.

Loid and Yuri make such a funny pair, and it's even funnier the way Anya gives us a glimpse into their long ass thoughts.

Dec 9, 2023 7:25 AM
Sep 2015
Bragging about vacation seems like a perfect thing children would do.

Also, Anya learns a lesson about lying, even if she's surrounded by liers.
Dec 9, 2023 7:38 AM
Mar 2022
Poor anya being around super rich kids 😂
Dec 9, 2023 7:44 AM

Feb 2021
9:50 Miyage (土産 lit. ground product) - "local specialty or souvenir bought as a gift while travelling"
The first half was pure concentrated sweetness and you can't convince me otherwise. I literally felt it in my chest.
You gotta read about the "yes" pillows that often appear in anime. Just search "anime yes pillow" or "japan yes pillow".
Bro I actually feel so bad for Anya here. That school seems like a toxic enviroment...

Btw there is a little collaboration anime between Street Fighter 6 and Spy×Family that released a couple days ago! Check it out, it's cool: https://youtu.be/a5jy6mLelAU?si=tUr-u5DNiFGZIEGn
EmbientDec 9, 2023 8:42 AM
Dec 9, 2023 7:46 AM
Sep 2021
Nice conclusion of the arc, enjoyed the trip moments.
Dec 9, 2023 8:04 AM

Oct 2017
Really wholesome stuff, watching Yor smiling put a smile on my face too. Though they should stop with the shitty english insert songs and just go with JP ones. Kills the moment for me. Anyway going back to my comment from the first episode of the first season.
Also I know it'll be a long while before we get to this in anime but can't wait to see this going from here

to here

Finally got to see this animated, was looking forward to it so much. So sweet.

The last part with Anya learning the horrors of lying lol. That shot with all of them going pale was hilarious. Poor Anya being made fun of at school though.
Dec 9, 2023 8:13 AM
Apr 2023
A much, much needed episode of all the Forgers actually interacting, touching, talking etc. I feel like as a watching experience, Season 1 will probably remain one of the best seasons. But when all the episodes are out and people can just watch massive chunks, I think Season 2 will come out as their favorite. Because of the Cruise ship action, and because of these smaller episodes showing you that the Forgers are well and truly a family now.
Dec 9, 2023 8:57 AM
May 2021
Absolutely beautiful ending to this arc.
Dec 9, 2023 8:57 AM

Dec 2022
well i found it very funny that anya wanted to show off but she regretted the things she said anyway this show is about people lying to hide their identity so they cant just give up lying also looking forward to next episode because nightfall is coming back
Dec 9, 2023 8:59 AM
Jul 2023
The family of liars.
Dec 9, 2023 9:12 AM

Mar 2021
The Forger family looked so cute having fun at the resort, poor Anya though trying so hard to fit in at school and being laughed at
Dec 9, 2023 9:13 AM
Oct 2016
The aftermath of the cruise. The Forgers finally get to spend some quality time together as a family. Being offshore in this island for the day is exactly the what they needed after such intense moments on the ship. Going to all these different activities on the island, cave exploring, surfing, zip lining, snorkeling, all kinds of fun things to do as a family. It's been a while since we've seen Anya, Loid and Yor all three being together so this was nice. We got the infamous shot of Loid carrying both Anya and Yor after they passed out, which was great to see. His comments later about a vacation being tougher than any of his other missions is definitely true. The high pressure situation with all the assassins and secret police made this arc very intense. The Forgers descended some time to themselves getting to relax and unwind. Getting to be back home after a long vacation is nice too, seeing everyone again at school for Anya. She sure tried her best to act cool to get classmates but that didn't quite work. Anya trying not to reveal what she could only know through mind reading being taken for embellishment was funny. Her classmates laughing didn't help but Anya wouldn't get them to believe something crazy like assassins on the cruise anyways.
Dec 9, 2023 9:15 AM

Jul 2017
The second half of the episode was kind of meh and forgettable but I really liked the first half, and served as a decent enough portion to give some closure to that arc. It felt refreshing seeing the Forgers actually feel like a family and get some time to spend with each other. Interacting with each other, doing fun things, creating memories as a family, it was very simple but pretty cathartic to watch after Yor was busy with other priorities and separated from Loid and Anya for the last bunch of episodes.
Dec 9, 2023 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
Talk about a nice eoisode. Gonnna take some time for the insert song to appear online. Uneven fruit from (K)NoW_NAME
Dec 9, 2023 9:35 AM

May 2015
How they didn't know Sickle-and-Chain Barnaby?!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 9, 2023 9:55 AM

Aug 2022
The fight is over now.

There's not much I want to say. I was very happy to see them reunited and returning home. That's enough for me.

Next we'll see Fiona so, bring it on.
Dec 9, 2023 10:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After that desperate fight against the assassins its high time that Yor gets some time to relax and recuperate. It was so fun seeing the Forgers spend some quality family time together at the resort. Pefect song that accompanied it too. Cute seeing Loid carry both Anya and Yor back to the ship. Anya's dream of being cool sure got crushed by Becky. In the end Anya learned a rather valuble lesson in that those that lie always end up disappointed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2023 10:17 AM

Nov 2016
At last they had some family time on their trip. Beautiful ending to this arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 9, 2023 10:19 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a good chill and goofy episode to have right after the cruise ship arc, seeing the family enjoying themselves after all that was definitely nice to see, I really liked the insert song there too with its English lyrics. And Yor and Anya both crashing and leaving Loid to carry them both was a great ending to the fun lol, the cruise ship seemed a lot more peaceful this time around too versus when it was an assassin battleground.

And the 2nd half of the episode was a very good one too, especially with Anya’s grand string of lies that resulted in the complete opposite of what she wanted to happen lol, I was happy to see Damian found it entertaining tho, much like us viewers did. And if only the Grateful Dead were around during this part of the Cold War, perhaps Yor’s coworkers would be happier to receive skeleton keychains lol.
Dec 9, 2023 10:24 AM

Apr 2019
The family of liars 😭
Dec 9, 2023 10:24 AM

Feb 2019
“I hope peaceful days like this will continue forever” nah man I need a whole episode of the Forgers just at a beach enjoying life 😩 that was so damn cute and well deserved everything the cruise arc. You can really tell what started out as purely a mission/ business has started to become a genuine family. They all deserve it too.

Why do Yor’s coworkers always gotta be so mean lmao like damn be grateful someone even thought about you enough to bring a souvenir back from vacation. I wouldn’t have got them mfs anything so Yor is way better than me. They’re so jealous and bitter 😂

Back at school, as usual with any Anya scenes, absolutely hilarious. Seeing the kids flex who had the better vacation had me dying. Becky and Damian liven every episode up. Anya might be the biggest capper on the planet. Dunno how she even comes up with this stuff. wtf even is a Octoperson lmao.

And of course ending the ep off with some good old siscon action from Yuri. Episode kinda had everything that makes spy x family so great and was a very fun watch. They’re really cooking this season
Marinate1016Dec 9, 2023 10:30 AM
Dec 9, 2023 10:32 AM

Feb 2020
It was just okay of an episode. Some heartwarming vacation imagery and things people deal with at school and work after coming back from a trip.

Nothing remarkable about this episode. Borderline filler.
Dec 9, 2023 10:40 AM
Aug 2023
I love episodes Like this
Spy family is one of the best anime out there in recent time
The theme it capture with SLO and Little bit of shounen Its Awesome
Dec 9, 2023 10:52 AM
Jun 2020
The whole sequence on Anya bragging to her classmates made me cringe a new all-time high with second-hand embarrassment.

That said, in Anya's defense, she really did fight off the "bad guys"!
Dec 9, 2023 11:03 AM

Jun 2021
Refreshing to see their family time again after the cruise ship action. It was a great arc and now it ended. I also like the insert song.
Dec 9, 2023 11:22 AM

May 2019
This was a pretty good SoL episode after all the action that happened on the ship. When Anya was at school, and the conversation with her classmates started, Damian invited her and her family to his house but that was before Becky and Damian's friends upstaged her. So I wonder if Damian's offer still stands since I recall that was Loid's goal for having Anya enroll in that school.
Dec 9, 2023 11:25 AM

Jul 2022
I´ll never get tired of that dumb look on her face. yes, Damian, yes.
- yes I am average but how is that an excuse? -

Dec 9, 2023 11:43 AM

Jan 2009
yor is so precious and nightfall looks back for next episode
Dec 9, 2023 12:20 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Yep, Yuri is still the only good and funny character in this series. I think everything he does is more fun that what Anya does.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Dec 9, 2023 12:33 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Something to take about the cruise arc is the growth in Yor's character. Even if the story really didn't go further in the grand scheme of things, we got to see her determination, motivation and overall purpose shown in quite the battle. Meanwhile, my favorite part of this episode was probably the awkward interaction in the table while talking about lies from the perspective of all professional liars. Ironic.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 9, 2023 12:37 PM

Jul 2022
GrEAtt EpisODE YorR SoOOO HotTTtT
Dec 9, 2023 1:08 PM
Mar 2015
A room full of liars and Anya gets burned
Dec 9, 2023 1:23 PM

Mar 2022
this cruise arc was so much fun, hope the next arc will be aswell
Dec 9, 2023 1:23 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I was lowkey jelly of how much fun they were having as a family, but the hypocrisy towards the end had me roll'n laughing.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 9, 2023 1:45 PM

Nov 2013
Hahahaha the ending part was gold. Agreed with Anya, lying is such a hassle.
Dec 9, 2023 2:04 PM

Feb 2020
Um episódio relaxante depois de um arco cheio de ação.
Dec 9, 2023 2:23 PM

Mar 2023
At the end Yuri calling all liars trash and all the main characters thinking it applies to them them to. He accidentally called his sister trash there
Dec 9, 2023 2:48 PM

Apr 2022
finally the three of them together on an actual vacation. alas, it only lasted half the episode.
Dec 9, 2023 2:56 PM

Sep 2017
Lmao the hypocrisy in that final scene was hilarious. This was a really nice vacation for Yor after all the shit. I quite enjoyed this arc but I'm also excited to get back to some school shenanigans.
Dec 9, 2023 3:10 PM

Aug 2022
A delightful slice-of-life episode! I really enjoyed the insert song, and the additional part at the end of the episode was hilarious! I love how each lie became more outrageous before Anya concluded her story with fighting octopus alien-people 😆.

However, the most amusing part was Loid's accurate thought process on how to successfully lie, which translated into: 'Lying is bad,' when he finally spoke. Yuri remained loyal to his thoughts, though he tried not to sound too harsh when speaking his mind about lies and liars 😅. Yor is probably the worst liar, so of course, she was the only one giving an honest answer to Anya, a conclusion that also matched mine 😂. 'Lying is too much effort' – Trueee! 🤣
Dec 9, 2023 3:51 PM

Dec 2009
Hilarious and sweet episode.
I somehow keep forgetting the details of the character's slow burn development bond.

Adorable to see how loving Yor is.
E35 covered Chapter 56-57.
Dec 9, 2023 4:04 PM
Jun 2017
this episode is funny. 😂😂😂😂
family of liars indeed 😂😂😂
Dec 9, 2023 4:30 PM
Nov 2019
mama yor emng the best, paling cantik dah
My Candies :
Dec 9, 2023 4:53 PM

Dec 2013
Now this is more like it, the lovely first half with the family spending some quality time together and then Anya's misadventures but she does deserve some praise with all the did in the cruise but at least she got a life lesson out of it.
Dec 9, 2023 5:10 PM
Feb 2016
loid carrying them back onto the ship awwwh so cute :') new arc next leggoooo
Dec 9, 2023 5:27 PM

Apr 2014
Episode was so cute, I'm glad they got to have some fun with Yor getting her rest away from "work".
Looks like Loid is genuinely enjoying the family dynamics <3
Dec 9, 2023 5:34 PM
Aug 2020
another great episode

this girl is too funny
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 9, 2023 5:38 PM

Jul 2008
Such a lovely day...
My candies:
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

126 by Safrichh »»
May 10, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

182 by grandy_UiD »»
May 10, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

191 by AkioTz »»
May 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

193 by Gator »»
May 3, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2023

150 by Gator »»
May 3, 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.