Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2023 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
Trouble in the Academy with monsters like chimeras, both Rae and Claire take their chances and learn to trust one another, especially when it comes to magic attacks, with the latter churning out her most powerful magic thus far.

With Prince Thane affected from the perpetrator's poison, Rae learns that it's cantarella from the Nur Empire, which is also part of the game. Both Lambert and Rene were arrested for their actions, and having a reward from the Bauer family, that way both girls can get more information about their enemy, and spare both Aurousseaus at the same time. But their actions prove a sentence that is imminent of death, and Thane interjected with the plea to reconsider, which ended up exiling them instead of being executed to death.

For once, both Rae and Claire are happy that their plea was considered, and the Aurousseau siblings will have to fend for themselves. Despite that, Lene will not forget that Claire will always be her master, and Rae got her hug from Claire, hiding her tears that she lost one of her personal friends.

Hoping that Lene and Lambert will have better lives outside of noble lands.
Nov 27, 2023 10:00 AM

Dec 2021
Love truly turns your gears, doesn't it?

The conflict between nobles and commoners within the academy. The courtyard incident where Deid's magic went awry. Behind all of this scheming was Lene's brother, Lambert. However, he, too, was coerced into a plot that involved betraying his country by holding his beloved sister, Lene, hostage in the neighboring Nur Empire. The reward for his cooperation was the escape of Lene from the country. With the sudden appearance of a masked man, Rei and Claire join forces to fend off the chimeras, magical creatures unleashed in the academy with the intent to kill nobles.

How could you betray my girl like that? Lene was on the path to becoming the best girl, but you had to twist her into a villain. I can tolerate incest in anime, but making characters twist villains is just disappointing. It tarnishes the characters involved. Lene, who was once a favorite, took a hit by being turned into a twist villain. How could you do that to my girl Lene? She lost a lot of points in my book. Incest, okay, but she was a loyal servant to Claire, and she betrayed her just like that. Perhaps if there were more subtle hints leading to the betrayal and the sibling love, it would have been more palatable. Currently, the love between Rei and Claire feels too lifeless.

I can sense that Salas is likely turning out to be evil.

Nov 27, 2023 10:21 AM

Mar 2021
It was nice to see Rae and Miss Claire save Lene and Lambert and help them go into exile Hopefully they can live in peace now
Nov 27, 2023 10:22 AM

Feb 2019
Man what an episode, tears in my eyes.

Start to finish, definitely the best Wataoshi episode. Claire’s light ray attack was awesome and I love how Rae gave her a confidence boost by trusting that she’d hit the target. Their teamwork has improved a lot.

Rae came in clutch with the cure for Thane’s poisoning, which actually not only helped in that moment but was critical later in the episode for negotiations with the king.

Speaking of the king, as soon as they said Rae and Claire were getting a reward I knew they’d try and pardon or at least prevent Lene and her brother from being executed. I think that’s the best outcome they could hope for in this situation and it finally gives them an opportunity to be together. Definitely reminded me of Tenten Kakumei’s similar situation from earlier this year.

Glad Thane interjected about living up to the meritocratic ideals of the kingdom. Right now it’s a clear gap between the commoners and nobles and that gap will only keep growing, causing problems in the kingdom.

“She will always and forever be my master” 😢 man, I wish Lene and her brother weren’t backed into a corner forcing them to do this. Seeing the flashbacks of she and Claire growing up together and becoming best friends makes that goodbye scene hit so hard. For the first time we see Claire finally being honest about her feelings too.

Very nice of Rae to give those recipes to Lene which should help her make a living in exile.

Awesome episode
Marinate1016Nov 27, 2023 10:30 AM
Nov 27, 2023 1:50 PM
Aug 2022
I love how much this show actually sticks to the fact that she’s been reincarnated into a game and doesn’t just completely avoid that plot point after the first episode.

The progress of Rae and Claire’s relationship has been really good they have such a good dynamic.

The end made me tear up a bit.
Nov 27, 2023 1:58 PM

Nov 2016
Love rival incoming. Looks like next episode will be extra fun again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 27, 2023 2:12 PM
Oct 2017
I swear to you guys, this anime adds two weeks of life every time a new episode comes out, and well about Lene and her brother, I guess they sorta got what they wanted at the end? Leave the country and be at peace so they can be together? I mean they doomed their family as well but at least they are still alive... And oh my gosh, the dress and attire of Rae for her meeting with her king, see? Thane might be a quiet moody kid, but he has a good heart. And that new girl, I hate her, I hate her so much! See you next week folks!
Nov 27, 2023 3:36 PM

Dec 2020
OMG Claire's first love revealed in the post-credits scene!!! Looks like Claire-sama has a type
Nov 27, 2023 3:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Was hoping for more of a battle with the chimera but he was a far cry from the ultimate chimera, Claire and Rae’s combined effort to win was pretty cool tho. And I wasn’t expecting the mastermind to show up immediately afterward and for Thane to show up too, but thanks to this Thane now has shorter hair aka character development so that’s cool lol, and good on Rae for saving him from the poison too, if you think about it she could have eliminated her rival in love there but that would be incredibly savage if she did that lol, that and I don’t think she’d do anything to upset Claire.

And unsurprisingly, Claire and Rae were able to save Lene and her brother from the death sentence but I did like their final moments together quite a bit, all except for Rae being unable to keep the goofy mode off for 5 minutes lol, she’s over here trying to get Claire to cry and then goes back to being a meme seconds later, I get it could’ve been to cheer up Claire but I still felt it was bad timing lol. And looks like next episode someone else is here to woo Claire, or at least the next time preview made it appear that way, so that oughta be interesting.
Nov 27, 2023 5:06 PM
Nov 2022
A bittersweet episode...
It's not bad, it's a shame that we won't see Lane again, but hey, it seems like (somehow) she could be "happy"

Now the question is: will there be more drama next week? We just have to wait.
Nov 27, 2023 5:43 PM

Sep 2021
Well, that was awful!

I don't know if the source or the adaptation is to blame, but someone certainly forgot what you get taught about structure in elementary school. Short introduction, extended main part, even shorter conclusion. This was like 30% introduction, 5% main part and 65% conclusion. Not to mention it was generally rushed, contradicted itself and lacked any depth. Seriously, right out of some generic fantasy trash.

So let's take some highlights:
- Rae used Assist. Claire used Hyper Beam. It's a One-Hit K.O! Chimera was defeated.
- Thane was poisoned. Rae used Antidote. Thane's poison was cured.
- "We live in a meritocracy! So let's go execute an entire family and company for having connections to two villains!"

And finally, there's the incest. Yeah, that was unnecessary. There was not a single reason to make Lambert & Lene more than Bro- and Siscon (like Yuri from SxF). Or non-related lovers. Good job ensuring I didn't care one bit about what happens to Lene this entire episode. She was already a failure of an antagonist as she lacked proper backstory and had no problem pressing a dagger against her "Oh so beloved" Claire. And they didn't even ensure to separate Lene and Lambert in the end. Plenty of interpretation space for deformed childreen here!
This also really devalues the conversation on sexuality back in Ep. 3. Cause now it looks like this is just about appealing to people who are into any kind of "forbidden love".

Sheesh. Enough of the rant. I hope this show will never ever attempt a serious arc again. I might just go back to enjoying the awesome comedy like before then.
Nov 27, 2023 6:08 PM
May 2022
Jesus christ they really did incest sympathizing in this episode. The worst portrayal I've seen... and very depressing... This completely turned the show for the worse. I don't know if I even want to finish it at this point.
Nov 27, 2023 6:11 PM
May 2022
Reply to Bisalissy
Well, that was awful!

I don't know if the source or the adaptation is to blame, but someone certainly forgot what you get taught about structure in elementary school. Short introduction, extended main part, even shorter conclusion. This was like 30% introduction, 5% main part and 65% conclusion. Not to mention it was generally rushed, contradicted itself and lacked any depth. Seriously, right out of some generic fantasy trash.

- Rae used Assist. Claire used Hyper Beam. It's a One-Hit K.O! Chimera was defeated.
- "We live in a meritocracy! So let's go execute an entire family and company for having connections to two villains!"

And finally, there's the incest. Yeah, that was unnecessary. There was not a single reason to make Lambert & Lene more than Bro- and Siscon (like Yuri from SxF). Or non-related lovers. Good job ensuring I didn't care one bit about what happens to Lene this entire episode. She was already a failure of an antagonist as she lacked proper backstory and had no problem pressing a dagger against her "Oh so beloved" Claire. And they didn't even ensure to separate Lene and Lambert in the end. Plenty of interpretation space for deformed childreen here!
This also really devalues the conversation on sexuality back in Ep. 3. Cause now it looks like this is just about appealing to people who are into any kind of "forbidden love".

Sheesh. Enough of the rant. I hope this show will never ever attempt a serious arc again. I might just go back to enjoying the awesome comedy like before then.
@Bisalissy You summed it up perfectly for me... :/ it really is depressing because I was happy about another wlw anime but unfortunately they had to screw everything up and include incest nonsense. I hate when people compare queerness to that. Like seriously. What the f**k. :(
Nov 27, 2023 6:20 PM

Jul 2008
It was a nice development…
My candies:
Nov 27, 2023 7:00 PM

Jan 2011
I understand why they did it but I can't be the only one who thinks they should get their heads cut off. They legit nearly started a civil war. You shouldn't get off because someone cried enough for you.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 27, 2023 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Bisalissy
Well, that was awful!

@Bisalissy Oh no they got serious, so it's bad. Now let me use my grade school level analysis of writing to call it bad. First off Lene wasn't really a villain....and it's pretty clear she did because she wanted to smash their brother cock. Also, I don't think they're wrong with killing them as they legit nearly started a civil war....you shouldn't just get a pass for doing that. Now don't get it twisted, this arc had problems but it was good but it isn't the problems you pointed out. It's more so trying to justify and make us feel bad for two people who gleefully committed treason just so they could be together by legit causing a civil war. Not only is that selfish but why should us the audience feel bad for two people who clearly went in for business to herself. Lene ruined her gig with Claire to fuck her brother. So, while a good arc I'm not a fan of "Feel bad for the treason siblings who want to fuck." Giving me some Life is Strange 2 vibes where they go out of their way to justify a character doing awful things for the "Greater good".
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 27, 2023 8:16 PM

Jun 2014
Claire has become much closer to Rae! It's more than fair to say that Claire is definitely attracted to Rae as well.

They saved Lene's life. Hopefully, they'll see her again someday.

Nov 27, 2023 8:49 PM
Jul 2023
They should’ve been let free
Nov 27, 2023 10:14 PM
Apr 2023
I couldn’t with this episode.

First off some guy from another kingdom comes into this one and promises two siblings that if they help him commit an act of terrorism they can flee to another kingdom and duck each other.In order for this plan to work one of them has to hold their master, and one of their closest friends, hostage. They let a savage beast run rampage through the school in order to “kill as many novels as possible”. And after having to kill the beast and watching Thane almost die during the attack Rae and Claire ask to have Alene and her brother pardoned???
And Thane helps them because the commoners won’t like it if the family was executed???
And the king doesn’t just pardon them. He gives the siblings EXACTLY what they wanted by exiling them. Next time we see them they’re gonna have 30 kids.

Great episode love the series so far.
Nov 28, 2023 12:26 AM

May 2019
Dorothea spotted, Salad spotted. The relationship between Rae and Claire is growing the more they spend time together. That also means more blushes. The farewell scene between could be a lot more impactful if not for the shortened convo and some of Lene's monologues being removed regarding how she views Claire as a person. And they save arguably one of the best arcs to end the first season. Manaria looks great and Rae is about to face one of her biggest challenge yet!

Nov 28, 2023 1:19 AM
Mar 2018
I didn't see anything wrong with the pacing and incest doesn't bother me in fiction, so I guess I'm sufficiently brain damaged to enjoy this episode.
Nov 28, 2023 2:22 AM

May 2015
That Chimera had nothing on Claire's Magic Ray (Featuring Rae)! Nobles really go far with the punishments. I'm glad Rae, Claire and Thane were able to prevent Lene and Lamberts family tree from being executed.
Nov 28, 2023 2:38 AM
Sep 2021
Nice ending to this arc, claire and ray got a little bit close due to this.
Nov 28, 2023 2:39 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to VivaceRex
Dorothea spotted, Salad spotted. The relationship between Rae and Claire is growing the more they spend time together. That also means more blushes. The farewell scene between could be a lot more impactful if not for the shortened convo and some of Lene's monologues being removed regarding how she views Claire as a person. And they save arguably one of the best arcs to end the first season. Manaria looks great and Rae is about to face one of her biggest challenge yet!
@VivaceRex You say best, but the Scales of Love arc is even more controversial than this one. On the manga sites you see many peope dropping it or almost dropping it at this point and it got by far the most criticism.

I personally like it, but if the Incest was this divisive here then Manarias backstory should be even more so. Not looking forward to that.

And for everyone who dislikes the more serious tone, get used to it. The future arcs wont be as serious and intense as this one all the time, but well never go back to the lighthearted pure comedy-focus of the first few episodes. In fact, the romantic comedy aspects are basically shafted to the background in the last 3 volumes. I enjoy it, and if you do too i heavily recommend buying the LNs, but if you dont you probably wont enjoy the rest of the series post-anime.
Nov 28, 2023 4:51 AM

May 2019
Reply to HadToDoIt
@VivaceRex You say best, but the Scales of Love arc is even more controversial than this one. On the manga sites you see many peope dropping it or almost dropping it at this point and it got by far the most criticism.

I personally like it, but if the Incest was this divisive here then Manarias backstory should be even more so. Not looking forward to that.

And for everyone who dislikes the more serious tone, get used to it. The future arcs wont be as serious and intense as this one all the time, but well never go back to the lighthearted pure comedy-focus of the first few episodes. In fact, the romantic comedy aspects are basically shafted to the background in the last 3 volumes. I enjoy it, and if you do too i heavily recommend buying the LNs, but if you dont you probably wont enjoy the rest of the series post-anime.
@HadToDoIt
Don't care too much about what people's opinion. They just missing the point of the whole arc which greatly changed the relationship between the two. Sometimes people are just overreacting or can't handle sensitive topics. And also most of them are just expecting this to be typical fluff yuri. The comedic element stem from Rae teasing Claire so when things get serious, there will be no comedy.

Nov 28, 2023 4:57 AM

Mar 2008
I'm glad Lene and Lambert had a nice end for them getting pretty much what they wanted. I think exile does make sense since it's an out of sight out of mind sort of situation. If they were even just imprisoned it would have outcry same as an execution would.

Rae and Claire had nice moments together throughout this episode. But damnit Rae read the room better you had a moment with Claire and had to try to annoy her with your proclamation of love again at a weird timing.
Nov 28, 2023 5:05 AM

Jun 2016
lene and limbert is very disgusting blood related couples
Nov 28, 2023 5:23 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Bittersweet.

Hoping Lene and Lambert would still be happy together and wishing their child would still be healthy.
Nov 28, 2023 5:42 AM
Jun 2012
Rae Taylor is the spirit animal we all need.
Nov 28, 2023 8:06 AM
Jul 2023
This is the second episode of this anime that brought me to tears
Nov 28, 2023 8:29 AM

Dec 2016
@Bisalissy

Ok, lets tackle each one of your complains:

In previous training episodes it was stated that combining different magic elements could procure a more powerful one. It wasn't something as simple as just casting both spells at once and get an instant orbital beam, it took Claire quite some time to cast her own spell. ON the other hand we pretty much know that Rae is almost the equivalent of the male isekai protagonist holding the knowledge cheat and also has superior magic power compared to other magic users. Their strategy even though complex and lack of time to plan it does fit with both characters' abilities.

It was also stated in the training arc that water elemental magic was used as a healing cast for several purpouses, heck it was even pointed out that it was Misha's specialty. Does it feel farfetched that Rae can also do healing magic despite it being stated that she can control both earth and water magic? not really, specially since she's the protag and she even stated that the protag in the game had the upper hand in magic abilities.

Hah, even the modern United States can push the death penalty on treason acts if the DA and the people feel that the acts justify it. Do you seriously think that a fictional kingdom in what could be cemented in the Renaissance period would be more lenient on their punishments after a murder attempt on one of the throne heirs?

Lenne and Lambert weren't antagonists at all, they were just pawns/victims of a higher entity from the neighbour country. Lenne specially always held sympathy towards Claire thru all the time they spent together. Their backstories although short were more than enough to cement their part as a much bigger movement from plebeyans that feel are treated in an unfair manner. The whole incest thing isn't something out of the left field, specially if we consider that even the royalty succeeded the next king in line the same way. They were exiled together, I don't see what's your argument that they should had been separated in some sort of bigger narrarative or motif when the main story is also focused on forbidden love between 2 girls.

Now back to my 2 cents about this episode.

I had very low expectations on this show, specially given how the animation was pretty poor in a couple of episodes and the story most of the time was quite lighthearted and comical. But this episode really raised my expectations with a decently orchastrated insurrection arc and making Rae & Claire grow closer thru their deeds (both by taking down the chimera and being able to make the king change his mind about Lenne & Lambert's execution). I personally loved the last part were Rae hugs Claire, because Rae despite being some sort of comical troll can understand Claire's feelings without even looking at her face.
Nov 28, 2023 9:18 AM

May 2019
This was one of the best episodes of this series that I've watched so far. I figured that Rae told Claire that they could use the meeting with the king to ask for a pardon for Lene and her brother and although that failed Thane was able to convince his father to allow it. Speaking of Thane, I thought he had good character development with coming out of nowhere both with the meeting with the king and earlier when he took the stabbing for Claire.
Nov 28, 2023 11:00 AM
Jun 2022
This was one of the animes I liked most this season, it attracted me due to its light and silly humor, even making me ignore the below-average level of animation. However, everything goes from bad to worse with this political plot and an apparent defense of incest.

From the comments, it seems that as time goes by the story is increasingly abandoning what I liked most when I started watching it, which makes me sad because it's clear that I'm only going to finish this anime out of curiosity and not because of how much it entertained me.
Nov 28, 2023 12:50 PM

Aug 2022
This one was really good. I mean, they're cute and for once, their feelings seem to be shared at last.
Nov 28, 2023 1:26 PM

Sep 2018
I'm starting to be a bit bothered by how nonchalantly the characters react to Rae's absurd knowledge and preparedness for the most part. She's supposed to be a commoner yet she knows about a poison developed in the neighboring kingdom and how to neutralize it...? My first instinct would be to find her sus as hell.
Nov 28, 2023 5:29 PM

Sep 2021
Reply to Kimurah
@Bisalissy

In previous training episodes it was stated that combining different magic elements could procure a more powerful one. It wasn't something as simple as just casting both spells at once and get an instant orbital beam, it took Claire quite some time to cast her own spell. ON the other hand we pretty much know that Rae is almost the equivalent of the male isekai protagonist holding the knowledge cheat and also has superior magic power compared to other magic users. Their strategy even though complex and lack of time to plan it does fit with both characters' abilities.

It was also stated in the training arc that water elemental magic was used as a healing cast for several purpouses, heck it was even pointed out that it was Misha's specialty. Does it feel farfetched that Rae can also do healing magic despite it being stated that she can control both earth and water magic? not really, specially since she's the protag and she even stated that the protag in the game had the upper hand in magic abilities.

Hah, even the modern United States can push the death penalty on treason acts if the DA and the people feel that the acts justify it. Do you seriously think that a fictional kingdom in what could be cemented in the Renaissance period would be more lenient on their punishments after a murder attempt on one of the throne heirs?

Lenne and Lambert weren't antagonists at all, they were just pawns/victims of a higher entity from the neighbour country. Lenne specially always held sympathy towards Claire thru all the time they spent together. Their backstories although short were more than enough to cement their part as a much bigger movement from plebeyans that feel are treated in an unfair manner. The whole incest thing isn't something out of the left field, specially if we consider that even the royalty succeeded the next king in line the same way. They were exiled together, I don't see what's your argument that they should had been separated in some sort of bigger narrarative or motif when the main story is also focused on forbidden love between 2 girls.

I had very low expectations on this show, specially given how the animation was pretty poor in a couple of episodes and the story most of the time was quite lighthearted and comical. But this episode really raised my expectations with a decently orchastrated insurrection arc and making Rae & Claire grow closer thru their deeds (both by taking down the chimera and being able to make the king change his mind about Lenne & Lambert's execution). I personally loved the last part were Rae hugs Claire, because Rae despite being some sort of comical troll can understand Claire's feelings without even looking at her face.
@Kimurah

I don't have a problem with the magic itself, it's more the execution of the fight. It was so rushed and there was no tension. Before I could get worried about Thane, he was already healed. It was like a routine Pokemon battle. The previous fight against the Slime and the Knights Duels were much better. Therefor I'd expect a fight against a supposedly stronger monster to be at least on the same level in terms of tension and duration.

For the punishment, this isn't about Lene and Lambert. They are criminals and deserve punishment. I'm talking about the kin punishment enforced on their family and members of their company.

For Lene and Lambert, it's hard to say whether they are just pawns or not. Once again, too rushed. It seemed like Lene was threatend, but Lambert also jumped on the chance to get together with her.
The backstory between Claire and Lene was really focused on Claire and her personality, not much on Lene. Of course Lene cared about Claire aswell, but that doesn't change the fact she was ready to slice her throat.

Finally, I don't think there was anything on the royal family being related to incest. So are you talking about real-world history here? To me, that doesn't justify it at all. This isn't a history drama, this is an Otome Game Isekai.

As for why they should've been separated. Well - to make sure they can't have childreen together, of course! And please don't lump in homosexuality with incest. Sure, they are both forbidden in this fantasy world. But it should be obvious why you must not treat one like the other.
Nov 28, 2023 7:46 PM
Sep 2019
So the only thing that was changed from the manga is that, when saying goodbye, there was a fence between them and Lene & Lambert had to walk (which makes more sense actually so that's a good change).

Overall good episode, nothing else has changed from the manga (I think? It's been a while), so I can't say much lol.

It is sad how the animation quality keeps decreasing, though. Really noticed it in this episode.
Nov 29, 2023 12:26 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I kinda was expecting a harsher punishment instead of an Exile, but I guess it works if we consider the setting and what the story is about at its core. Granted, I was expecting this kind of outcome because Rae wants Claire to be happy, and likely getting her best friend executed and giving Claire some trauma and regrets was not good... because we know that Rae wants to give Claire a happy ending after all.

Either way, with the siblings and the main maid out of the picture... is the full yuri route finally unlocked? Next week is episode 10, so there's not a lot of time left for the relationship between our two MC's to evolve into the next step.
Nov 29, 2023 1:26 AM
Aug 2013
My favorite part of the first light novel translated really well into a good anime episode ❤️ I love where Rae's and Claire's relationship has gotten. Their cooperation in this episode was beautiful. And I'm looking forward to seeing the political aspect of the story starting to take off. I'm glad they already adapted this much material, so we have time to set more of that up in the last episodes of this season.
Nov 29, 2023 10:39 AM
Feb 2020
LOVED THEIR OUTFITS AAAHHH ....!!!
Nov 29, 2023 2:07 PM
Feb 2021
woopwopp said:
@Bisalissy You summed it up perfectly for me... :/ it really is depressing because I was happy about another wlw anime but unfortunately they had to screw everything up and include incest nonsense. I hate when people compare queerness to that. Like seriously. What the f**k. :(

Exactly my thoughts like WTF this isn't progressive or good representation at all. What are they gonna do next compare queerness with pedophilia smh wasted my time thinking this would be good queer rep
Agent_PinturaNov 29, 2023 2:10 PM
Nov 29, 2023 8:37 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to misterreicchi
Bittersweet.

Hoping Lene and Lambert would still be happy together and wishing their child would still be healthy.
@misterreicchi
Not every couple has babies but regardless the whole inbreeding mutant baby thing is actually a myth with only a grain of truth to it. Genetic conditions usually occur from multiple genes in combination and will pass on regardless of if someone is close related or not and likewise regardless if there is no genes for that it cant pass on. Same goes for beneficial genes as well so it's a double edge. Genetic mutations do occur both good and bad ones but that's completely unrelated to if someone is related it is result of imperfect gene replication that occurs in all life that drives evolution.The risk of passing on a genetic condition is just slightly higher between two closer relatives than more distantly related people (all people are as far as we know distantly related). Reason people wrongly thought this is because royalties that inbred generation after generation after generation exaggerates the risks and that was before modern medicine and genetic tests were a thing to test the likelihood of passing on a genetic condition. I imagine this world of this series has magic tests and medicine but it also may entirely lack genetic illness all together since it's just an otome game world afterall. So theyre fine.
https://phys.org/news/2013-08-dna-earth.html
https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2018/08/03/marrying-your-cousin-there-may-be-evolutionary-benefits/ https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/inbreeding-challenge/news-story/a8697346a5c9ee97f12a6a54e8a649ae
Nov 30, 2023 12:52 AM
Jan 2016
Kimurah said:
@Bisalissy

Can we stop using gay people to justify incest. 🚶‍♀️ That's why it's bothering people, it's exactly like pedophiles and all those bad things thinking we're alike. Such a shame, this could've been nice. But we had to get weird. I'm actually really disappointed. Good while it lasted, and if any of you think this is normal, y'all need Jesus or maybe therapy.
Nov 30, 2023 8:56 PM

Feb 2023
Possibly the best episode so far!!! They toasted a monster, fell in love, and made me cry in the process...omg
Dec 1, 2023 12:45 PM

Dec 2017
Normalizing incest is not ok.
Dec 2, 2023 11:04 AM
Jun 2021
lixo morra mora morramorramooramooramorramoramorra
Dec 2, 2023 8:21 PM

Nov 2021
Bisalissy said:
@Kimurah

I don't have a problem with the magic itself, it's more the execution of the fight. It was so rushed and there was no tension. Before I could get worried about Thane, he was already healed. It was like a routine Pokemon battle. The previous fight against the Slime and the Knights Duels were much better. Therefor I'd expect a fight against a supposedly stronger monster to be at least on the same level in terms of tension and duration.

For the punishment, this isn't about Lene and Lambert. They are criminals and deserve punishment. I'm talking about the kin punishment enforced on their family and members of their company.

For Lene and Lambert, it's hard to say whether they are just pawns or not. Once again, too rushed. It seemed like Lene was threatend, but Lambert also jumped on the chance to get together with her.
The backstory between Claire and Lene was really focused on Claire and her personality, not much on Lene. Of course Lene cared about Claire aswell, but that doesn't change the fact she was ready to slice her throat.

Finally, I don't think there was anything on the royal family being related to incest. So are you talking about real-world history here? To me, that doesn't justify it at all. This isn't a history drama, this is an Otome Game Isekai.

As for why they should've been separated. Well - to make sure they can't have childreen together, of course! And please don't lump in homosexuality with incest. Sure, they are both forbidden in this fantasy world. But it should be obvious why you must not treat one like the other.

You are contradicting yourself

On one hand you say that this is an otome isekai game so real world history should not apply to it

And on the other you say that it should be obvious why based on real world today, homosexuality and incest should not be treated the same

So is it one or the other, either it is based on real world history in which case in medieval times, incest was pretty common in royal families to keep the "pure bloodline" and homosexuality was seen as "blasphemous"

Or it is not and it is just an otome isekai game in which case none of those things should matter

Now, i am not defending incest or saying being gay is bad, i understand they are different things entirely (and also, the anime did not compare them as such) and homosexuality is normal while incest is socially and morally not accepted and also has a higher chance of a defect in children produced by blood siblings

But...this is fiction, it's an anime based on a LN about a woman dying from being overworked and being reincarnated in her favourite dating simulator
It is not a renowned book commenting on homosexuality and incest in society
It's not that serious...
If people can't handle it, just move on, watch something you enjoy instead of being angry at fictional incest
Dec 2, 2023 8:26 PM

Jul 2016
Claire's first love was a girl? I'm confused. Didn't Ep.3 explicitly state Claire is straight and that she even feels certain "disgust" towards homosexuality?

And as for this episode's conclusion... I don't know. Lene and her brother/lover committed treason, were only hours away of starting a civil war and were willing enough to let Rae and Lene's "dear Claire-sama" die at the hands (claws?) of a dangerous beast and a masked edge-lord... but in the end, they both ended up getting what they actually wanted?... okay?
Dec 4, 2023 8:47 PM

Sep 2016
Wincest win, absolute win. Normies seethe. Man that angery review was the funniest shiz I ever read, please @PlippPlopp repost it in 3 weeks it cannot get buried into the preliminary reviews 😂

Anyway, they got the lovely ending. "Exiled" in another country where they can live as non siblings and consume their love. The Yosuga no Sora ending, hell yiss.

And now it's time for

arc
A nice way to close the series.
bruh
Dec 4, 2023 9:01 PM

Sep 2021
Reply to LainWulf
Bisalissy said:
@Kimurah

You are contradicting yourself

On one hand you say that this is an otome isekai game so real world history should not apply to it

And on the other you say that it should be obvious why based on real world today, homosexuality and incest should not be treated the same

So is it one or the other, either it is based on real world history in which case in medieval times, incest was pretty common in royal families to keep the "pure bloodline" and homosexuality was seen as "blasphemous"

Or it is not and it is just an otome isekai game in which case none of those things should matter

Now, i am not defending incest or saying being gay is bad, i understand they are different things entirely (and also, the anime did not compare them as such) and homosexuality is normal while incest is socially and morally not accepted and also has a higher chance of a defect in children produced by blood siblings

But...this is fiction, it's an anime based on a LN about a woman dying from being overworked and being reincarnated in her favourite dating simulator
It is not a renowned book commenting on homosexuality and incest in society
It's not that serious...
If people can't handle it, just move on, watch something you enjoy instead of being angry at fictional incest
@LainWulf I'm not really contradicting myself, at least not in the context. But perhaps my phrasing was a little off.

The game should be based on an Otome Game developed for a modern real world society. So real world history should not apply to the fantasy world of the game (as these games usually avoids problematic themes such as incest and homosexuality and focus on, well, simple dating fun!). But homosexuality and incest should not be treated the same because the game is meant to be sold in the "real world.

I'm not really angry over it either. I won't spend my time starting a crusade against this work on the internet! I'm just disappointed a previously great comedy show is ruined by a horrible serious plot. And because I like to talk about anime, I leave my opinion here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2023

157 by Baskarite »»
May 23, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yuyuichi - Dec 11, 2023

80 by Baskarite »»
May 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2023

66 by Baskarite »»
May 23, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2023

142 by foofighterz »»
May 20, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 13, 2023

68 by Baskarite »»
May 18, 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.