Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Anya's friend Becky is back along with her other classmates Damian and that means, chaos and drama at school. It's funny how they even race again each other just for food. And oh yeah, Anya's meme faces are back too. I love her chemistry with Damian.

From Yor's side, it was nice again to see some of her workplace again the cliffhanger though.

May 2020
Now I agree they might be kids, and would believe something as “unrealistic” as the existence of some pastry of knowledge which would make them super smart, but hey Anya has some genuine reason to believe such rumour at that lol. If only she and Becky could’ve gotten their hands on sweets that easily… that sentimental kid George had a jump on them, and well, it goes without saying, we saw another matchup between boys and girls to decide upon the consumers.

The old maid game would’ve been a walk in the park for Anya, for reasons known, but lol, when she decided to play fairly the game went right down to the wire, though bless Damian who couldn’t muster up the courage to beat his girl( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Though that power surge had me rolling, I mean the grades didn’t improve at all in the end lol. So back to square one:(

Loid might have still given Anya the appreciation, but when it comes to Franky, he doesn’t give a fuck. And I mean who would help to find a lost stray cat just like that, except if they aren’t someone like Yor. Leave it to Yor, and she’d catch any kind of beast, and I mean this was still a cat… caught the cat in her own way, and showed humans could still outperform machines whenever they feel like it.

L for Franky, as usual, but now this would be the start of the Cruise arc from the next episode.

Dec 2021
Ayy, George is back! I'll always remember the secondhand embarrassment he caused.

Eden's legendary dessert appears. In order to obtain the macrons that supposedly can make you into an Imperial Scholar if eaten, Anya and her friends race to get to them first. Meanwhile in In Franky's Tobacco Store, Franky hands Loid a counterfeit Department Two ID from Doust Industries along with the test results for their latest fighter jet engine. Loid expresses gratitude for the documents, prompting Franky to gently remind him that he expects payment for his services.

Anya's an unconscious comedian, and her crying face was just too cute. She even offered Damian half of her macaroon. I was hoping he'd realize he likes her, but no. On the other hand, I love those unexpected character team-ups. Yor and Franky rarely interact without Loid, so it was awesome seeing them work together. It's interesting how they're both skilled and unskilled in their own unique ways.

Yor is definitely connected to the Garden that Franky mentioned.

Oct 28, 2023 8:23 AM
Sep 2015
Franky's devices remind me of Doraemon.
Oct 28, 2023 8:36 AM

Feb 2021
I just noticed Anya in the mirror here.

Poor George man
I laughed out loud at this lmao

The first half was really funny.

Sagashitemasu (探してます) - "looking for"

超人外骨格 (choujin gaikokkaku) - "superhuman exoskeleton"

I actually feel bad for Franky here. More because of his suit getting destroyed.
Seems like we'll be getting more focus on Yor next episode LET'S GOOOO
Oct 28, 2023 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
Damian gave into Anya's cuteness, good job boy. Anya got real smart thanks to that.

The poor cat thought he was dead, Yor menancing.
Oct 28, 2023 8:53 AM
Jul 2023
A great meme template.
Oct 28, 2023 8:56 AM
May 2021
Haha Anya was funny this ep & Yor grabbing the cat was golden.
Oct 28, 2023 8:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The pastry of knowlege huh what a curious school legend. The academy sure has a pretty large canteen. Anya sure made a mockery of Damien's plans. But that card game was pretty fun. Garden's an interesting name for a feared militia. Kopi was the perfect nemesis for Frankie. It must had been terrified by Yor's expression as she shifted gears. Too bad about the outcome though. Looks like Yor's finally got a new assignment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2023 9:11 AM

Mar 2021
Great to see Becky again after a little while and feel bad for poor Franky he just can't catch a break when it comes to love
Oct 28, 2023 9:33 AM
Oct 2016
Anya trying her best to improve at school, even if that means eating a rare pastry that makes one smarter and an imperial scholar. I loved the kids all wanting to get this pastry of knowledge since they know how powerful it is in improving academic performance. Its always great seeing the kids at school just being kids. Anya worried she might be separated from Becky next school year if her grades don't get on par. So she's extras determined to get this pastry and improve her grades. George actually being the one to get the last order of the knowledge macaroons was hilarious, at least he was nice enough to offer some to the others. But first they have to play a game of old maid. Which basically seems like go fish but with a few tweaks and adding the joker card. Aya using her mind reading abilities a little too well winning the first game. Going a easier on them in the second game until Damian couldn't handle her cuteness and let her win basically. But it turns out that pastry doesn't help anything at all, who knew. Franky and Yor is definitely not a team up most would suspect to happen, but with Franky on the search for a missing cat of course Yor would help find the kitty. Lots of funny moments with the cat nip being dispensed and tons of cats rushing to them. Franky gadgets didnt help him much but lucky for him Yor is superhuman and snatched the cat up. Although very unlucky that the girl he found this cat for already has a boyfriend. Franky will have follow other pursuits.
Oct 28, 2023 9:39 AM

Jul 2011
Anya again without knowing captured Damian heart if the plan needed to take years.

These small clues about Anya's past make me fearful of how deeply tragic it is.

"Garden is a urban legend" -Twilight, top spy living with a Garden agent.

Yor being attacked by cats. Oh cute...I mean oh no!
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 AM

Jan 2023
The pastry of knowledge! With great taste comes great knowledge! Or is it the other way around?

I’ve waited for so long to see this chapter get adapted and my goodness did it hit the spot. So glad to see Becky and George again, been a while since they’ve had some time haha. The man is just chilling and watching the group playing cards over a few macarons while Becky’s bickers with the boys is hilarious. Anya’s expressions are so adorable, they always make me smile whether it’s a really happy face or one full of despair, I still can’t believe that the seiyuu for Anya is the same for Frieren this season. THEY DID IT, THEY ANIMATED THE PANEL, Damien caved in to Anya which I don’t blame at all and honestly I forgot he had a crush on Anya bwahahah.

OPERATION: RESCUE KOPI! You know, Yor’s work outfit looks really nice on her as well. She looks good in so many different colors and styles. THE SWARM OF CATS, Yor getting overwhelmed by multiple cats clinging to her clothes while Franky brings out the big guns! Oh that poor poor cat, getting snatched by Yor with that menacing look on her face. This man Franky just can’t get a break with women, multiple of his inventions being damaged and his exoskeleton being ruined AND HE STILL CAN’T GET A GIRLFRIEND. Someone please help this man’s suffering.

Anyway, very fun and gleeful episode. The next however, the cruise ship arc… begins.
Have a super Spy x Family Saturday :))
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Damian has such a cute relationship with Anya and he just won't admit it no matter what happens. Yor on the other hand has such scary strength and now she'll get another job with that menacing face.

Comfy episode
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 28, 2023 10:11 AM
Apr 2023
Very wholesome episode. Yor getting assaulted by cats was peak. Probably the best of these pre-Cruise episodes, and speaking of the devil, looks like next week we start it!

Becky is Queen of Hearts indeed

Oct 28, 2023 10:17 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Seeing the crunch thumbnail being the kiddos playing cards together, I knew that would be a delight to watch, and indeed it was lol. Anya just made the whole thing hilarious with her overuse of her telepathy at first, then having the worst poker faces of fall time, and lastly making Damian incredibly flustered which was both funny and very cute. And unfortunately the pastries didn’t get Anya the good score she wanted but seeing her go super saiyan for a bit was great lol.

And having a Franky focused bit in the 2nd half was nice, the amount of inventions he used to find that lost cat was impressive but all of them were just shy of perfection lol, as funny as that was we also had Yor pouncing for the cat which gave me a very good laugh with that horrifying expression, that cat is scarred for life now lol. And even after all that went down, the girl Franky was trying to impress already had a boyfriend which I saw coming, maybe one day Franky will have his day lol. And looks like next episode might be the start of the cruise ship arc I’ve seen people talking about (and it’s also in the promo art) so I’m definitely looking forward to it, although I wouldn’t be upset if this whole season was pure SoL and comedy but I know a lot of others would lol.
Oct 28, 2023 10:35 AM

Jan 2018
Lmao. The best Spy x Family episodes are the ones that focus on Anya and Damian. It's hard not to be entertained by the two.

Another day, another time Franky got burned by love. Maybe his case is hopeless.

It seems the next episode might be more plot-heavy. Or at the very least, it'll have more action. I'm down for that.
Oct 28, 2023 10:40 AM

May 2015
Anya has such a terrible poker face...but it was super successful on Damian! Yor and Franky are quite the unlikely combination, but I'm glad they paired up because this was a fun episode.
Oct 28, 2023 10:57 AM
Dec 2022
Dawg thank god there was no trace of yors brother this ep cuase after the last one I never want to see his face again ever again 😭
Anya and Damian scenes are peak though 🙏
Oct 28, 2023 11:10 AM
Aug 2020
great episode, it was funny
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 28, 2023 11:30 AM

Nov 2016
One of the perks of Anya's abilities are how convenient they are for card games. She had to nerf herself more than necessary just to rely on her charm in the end, lol.

Anyone who was bored with this season so far should be happy with the next arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 28, 2023 11:46 AM

Sep 2017
Man I love spy family. This cute little stories have been great. I am very excited to finally be getting some Yor assassin stuff next episode though.
Oct 28, 2023 12:04 PM

May 2015
The first part was really funny, but the second... I'm still questioning its worthness.

Atleast it teases an arc that wasn't so bad.
Oct 28, 2023 12:26 PM

Feb 2020
A referencia da armadura do Franky ao seiyuu do Present Mic de Boku no Hero
Oct 28, 2023 12:44 PM
May 2021
This was the best episode of season 2 lol
Oct 28, 2023 12:55 PM

Feb 2023
this such a good episode

Your Lie In April was a banger!
Oct 28, 2023 2:25 PM

Dec 2013
About time for Anya and Becky to get a lot of screen time, jinan may have lost the duel but he certainly won on a more important way.
Oct 28, 2023 2:28 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to CyanCheetah
this such a good episode
@CyanCheetah Congrats, your signature made me cry again!!
Oct 28, 2023 2:30 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to falko92
@CyanCheetah Congrats, your signature made me cry again!!
@falko92 You arent the only one ;-;

Your Lie In April was a banger!
Oct 28, 2023 2:43 PM
Oct 2023
Masih seperti biasa spy family sangat familyable ditonton masih lucu
Oct 28, 2023 2:54 PM

Nov 2013
Cruise arc begins next episode, let's GO!
Oct 28, 2023 4:18 PM

Jun 2023
Omg i really loves the kids :3 they're adorable. How cute Dami gave in to Anya for many times ♡♡
Oct 28, 2023 4:35 PM

Aug 2011
can't wait for the evitable yor mission to kill twilight
Oct 28, 2023 5:10 PM

Apr 2022
this season had a boring start but this episode was way better than the previous ones and the upcoming cruise ship arc means more yor so that's a win. yor spinning around was wild though lol.
Oct 28, 2023 5:15 PM
Apr 2022
Omg finally comes progress with Damien and Anya. So freakin CUTE he felt bad for her so he let her win. And the scene with Yor twirling with the cats stuck on her was funny asf. Who comes up with that 😂
Oct 28, 2023 5:18 PM
Apr 2022
ryzxgum said:
this season had a boring start but this episode was way better than the previous ones and the upcoming cruise ship arc means more yor so that's a win. yor spinning around was wild though lol.

Lmao the best part. Like why was she twirling for so long 💀
Oct 28, 2023 5:26 PM

Apr 2012
Am I the only one who is surprised that, being able to read minds, Anya still hasn’t found out that he’s in love with her? Or has Demian not even himself realized this yet?
Oct 28, 2023 5:46 PM
May 2021
good and relaxing ep
Oct 28, 2023 6:07 PM

Jul 2016
Loid denying the existence of Garden while literally living with one of their members. Best spy ever!

Also lol at Yor spinning in the background. She and Franky make an interesting duo for sure.
Oct 28, 2023 6:14 PM

Mar 2019
Well done Franky, so you can learn to stop being a simp haha. 🤣
Oct 28, 2023 6:54 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Damien was dying from cuteness overload after loosing to Anya in a card game, but of course he had to be a tsundere about it. It looks like Yor has been given another target as the Thorn Princess.
Oct 28, 2023 7:21 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to RobertBobert
Am I the only one who is surprised that, being able to read minds, Anya still hasn’t found out that he’s in love with her? Or has Demian not even himself realized this yet?
@RobertBobert I've been chalking that up to Anya's innocent-ness, but it could probably be something else idk
Oct 28, 2023 7:26 PM

Aug 2008
Anya half was great but the Franky half... not so much. I really don't like his character and care nothing about his antics. Fortunately Yor was there to salvage it.
Oct 28, 2023 8:37 PM

May 2019
Anya's part was cute with her being too good in that card game that they did a redo and then Damian letting her win (I mean who could say no to that teary eyed face?) Unfortunately those macaroons did not really help Anya much although Loid did notice a small improvement in her scores.

The 2nd half with Franky was sad with him finding out that the girl he likes was already taken but at least her cat was saved although it looked a bit miserable in that lady's arms. Anyways, it looks like things will pick up in the next episode with several different characters such as Handler making an appearance.
Oct 28, 2023 8:43 PM

Sep 2021
Abseloutly hillarious, as always!

That poor cat certainly got a trauma from his meeting with Yor :D And I loved Damian's Shoujo Filter!
Oct 28, 2023 8:52 PM

Feb 2016
One of the best episodes, because it has 2 of the funniest stories so far. Franky is the best and Becky is cute.

And I waited a long time to see cute Yor holding a cat, it was such a cute panel in the manga 🥰

The best arc so far is about to begin in the next episode!!!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Oct 28, 2023 9:05 PM
Jan 2017
Anya Naruto-running is everything to me
Oct 29, 2023 12:54 AM

Jan 2009
the first half is funny

and yor got a new mission
Oct 29, 2023 1:18 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to FragmantLemon
@RobertBobert I've been chalking that up to Anya's innocent-ness, but it could probably be something else idk
@FragmantLemon Well, come to think of it, this segment seems to deliberately start with her playing with Becky, during which she doesn't understand the latter's desire to turn it into a prince and princess.
Oct 29, 2023 2:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damian really couldn't resist Anya's facial expression and let her win that was cute ahah, and these macarons looked yummy for sure, even if they didn't work to give her good marks. Poor Franky during the 2nd half, at least it was fun seeing Yor using her techniques to catch the cat
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3 announced!

Marinate1016 - Jun 8

14 by ghier »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

196 by St0rms_ »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2023

255 by Mat2468xk »»
12 hours ago

» Season 3 is real!!!!

Dbagas8 - Jun 8

11 by Falcon07 »»
Jun 9, 4:58 PM

» New Season

Maitha114 - Jun 3

6 by SecretTechnique »»
Jun 9, 1:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.