Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2023 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
It's so great to see Yor, Loid, and Anya back! The animation still looks great this season and it didn't waste much time jumping back from the previous season.

Character chemistry is still great and Anya has a decent amount of priceless expressions already. The disguises were also priceless. They're going back to the roots of the show with the spy elements. Yor and Loid played their roles really well and haven't lost their touch. It's just really great to see everyone back since the near year long break. ED theme song also looks neat with creativity.

May 2020
Back again after a year for the second season. Though I do think there ain’t much anyone would’ve lost track about, but good thing they briefed us about our main characters.. the Forger family.

The family being quite quirky as we know, it should not be a surprise when someone for some reason suffers through something unimaginable, who they could not even talk about lol. As it was, when Yor during her mission got shot in her butt lmaooo. Though she did not reveal any of it, but we as a viewer, thanks to Anya, got the news in an instant. Though that grumpy expression full of pain was quite obvious in itself too.

Loid like ever, misunderstanding the circumstances, thought it was because he let her do some basic house work. And being the kind of perfectionist he is, he suggested the idea of a date in no time… a date which went as horrible as it could’ve. I mean understand Loid, Yor’s suffering from some severe pain down there lmaoooo.

Though the pain went away, courtesy of some timely coincidences, but the MVP, Anya, should get the appreciation here, I mean she once again denied a bad guy from making his schemes into a reality.

Being an assassin is a PAIN IN THE BUTT, that’s for sure. Though looking forward to the cruise arc this season.

Opening is meh, quite honestly. I mean we’ve seen better in the last two cours, so there was that expectation. ED sounds decent though.

Dec 2021
First episode back, and once again, Anya emerges as the savior of world peace once again.

Yor is shot in the butt while on a mission and looks miserable when she gets home. Loid mistakes her very apparent miserable mood as her being unhappy with their marriage of convenience and offers to take her out on a date. As Loid and Yor walk away, Anya is worried about the two of them. Remembering a scene from her cartoons, she proposes to Franky that they shadow Loid and Yor on their date.

Aw, those Waku Waku's were something I definitely missed. Anya proves herself to be an impressive force, poised to evolve into a formidable spy and assassin. I can't help but wonder about Yor's remarkable resilience—turning a gunshot wound into something akin to a mere hemorrhoid. I'm eagerly anticipating more moments of Anya's endearing charm and the rekindling of the LoidxYor dynamic. After all, we all sense that Yor and Loid's relationship will inevitably become genuine, transforming this faux family into a real one. And the notion of assassins being immune to poisons? That's an intriguing fiction trope I hadn't encountered before. Ado's OP is alright for now.. not better than the previous two. That ED though.. Vaundy goes all in.

So glad to have the Forger's back, best believe I'll be here every week watching this again.

Jul 2017
Mangaka Tatsuya Endo's Spy X Family is back for more fun, and Season 1 was such a massive hit.

Ado's OP is creatively genius, though musically it's kind of OK.

Before going back to the main story, comes the bonus content of the Thorn Princess Yor's usual assassination work, though what happened thereafter leads to Loid gathering information from news, and Anya watching Bondman as usual. Yor coming back home with a stern face and groceries, she's literally shot in the butt, which caused her to suffer terribly, which Loid thought that he's pressured her too much. The next day, the pain did not get any better, and Loid wants to bring her to a date to thank her for helping out with the family chores, which she has heard so much from her colleagues. Too bad that Anya can't exactly join, so she's left to be babysitted by Franky. The overanalysis of Loid, any inconvenience to her butt would be bad, and that prompts Anya to tail them with disguises.

Of course, Loid spotted them both stalking him, so the date continues as planned. But anything that concerns with her butt like sitting down, Yor tries to
avoid it like the plague, leading to the restaurant where Yor has to take a seat, but only very lightly. Too bad that both Franky and Anya could not trespass the restaurant, though Anya heard an assassin who's also working in disguise as a waiter. The restaurant's delicacy being blowfish, it's poisonous with Yor being offered its blood, though her immunity to poison was the miracle that helped alleviate her pain. Too bad that the poison ploy didn't work, and Anya took things into her own hands to deal with the assassin himself by making a prank out of him and leading him out of his failed efforts. At the very least, Anya helped save the Forger family dynamics, and both Loid and Yor are once again on good terms.

Oh welp...the pain only lasted for the night...

A great return to form.
KANLen09Oct 13, 2023 4:55 AM
Oct 7, 2023 7:57 AM

Jun 2014
I'm so happy to have this anime back as we follow more of the Forger family shenanigans. Looks like they backtracked to a skipped extra chapter where Yor gets shot in the butt during a mission. Poor Loid, most of his date plans ended up being worthless with Yor trying to avoid having to sit, which also made for some awkward moments at the movie theater and the club lol. Luckily that attempt to poison her at the restaurant got rid of the ass pain 💀 at least temporarily. And of course during all of this, our little goofball Anya tries spying on her parents along with Franky. Well that turned out to be a good thing since she ended up stopping the guy in the restaurant from potentially harming Yor. All's well that ends well (until the next morning when the ass pain came back lol).

Loving the OP, Ado doesn't miss, though the previous two were definitely better. Vaundy's ED song is good too, this series does well when it comes to OPs and EDs. Overall, a good return for this fun series.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 7, 2023 8:27 AM
Aug 2020
Yor drinking poison reminds me of Killua 😂 Assassins in anime are one of a kind, aren’t they
Oct 7, 2023 8:28 AM

Jan 2020
What an episode! Yor sure had it all rough throughout the date until she drank that booze, but only to expect its effect to wear off on the next morning haha. I also liked the moment Anya acting cool as well.

I'm glad this anime is finally returning after a year, looking forward for more action of the Forger's once again.
RaiYouOct 7, 2023 8:32 AM

Oct 7, 2023 8:41 AM
Jul 2023
The legendary pose yes yes.
Oct 7, 2023 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
Poor Yor's butt, ouch. Great to have an episode focused on her to start the season, this was quite hilarious. Spy Anya too op btw. Both OP/ED were okay, previous season ones were much better.
Oct 7, 2023 8:55 AM
Aug 2022
😻😻 finally they got back with another Banger Season ✨
Oct 7, 2023 8:57 AM

Feb 2021
Anya, Frieren, Chise (and more) from this anime season all have the same voice acrtress (Atsumi Tanezaki). Damn, she is good.

The OP was released 3 days ago and it already has 2.1M views on YouTube. This shows just how much this was anticipated.
I hope Ado makes songs for more anime from now on, love her. Btw the name of the song is クラクラ (kura kura) - "dizzy; giddy". Please check out the full version on her channel! It has English subs too!

Would've been cool if the narration said "Codename: Starlight Anya" lol
9:30 Holup, is this the panel that I've seen so much in memes? So cool to see it in the anime!
18:02 It was funny how in Muse Asia subs there were different words used for the beeps here: Redacted, censored, missing, expunged.
How did Anya make the bomb though? I'm just gonna assume she learned from Loid's memories lol.
This seemed like a bonus chapter/side story but still this was so good. I smiled so much when watching this.

The ED is *chef's kiss* too. Love the visuals.

So good to have this back! Was it revealed already how long is this season going to be?
EmbientOct 7, 2023 9:00 AM
Oct 7, 2023 8:59 AM

Apr 2021
Waku Waku!!!

Great to see Anya, Loid, and Yor again. And as usual, it's really fun to see their everyday life. Looking forward to the rest of this season!!
Oct 7, 2023 9:00 AM

Aug 2023
absolutely amazing this show is peak ! WE LOVE YOR
Oct 7, 2023 9:00 AM

Jan 2015
Is this on Crunchyroll? Because I can't find it.
Oct 7, 2023 9:08 AM
Jan 2021
nda geian xii ghoid hig ixn lh gneoig ois gin Ohio
Oct 7, 2023 9:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Finally its time to welcome back the wackiest family ever. Interesting new opening that had some cute visuals. Yor must be the only assassin that plans her grocery shopping after doing her unique day job. It would be way too embarassing to say to even her peers thats for sure. Anya's disguise sure ended up having the opposite effect of its purpose. Funny how a deadly poison ended up being the best pain killer that Yor needed. Secret agent Anya sure was effective in her debut. Overall an excellent return to the world of Spy family with an ep that combined excellent comedy and cool spying elements.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2023 9:10 AM
Apr 2022
ErnaSB said:
Is this on Crunchyroll? Because I can't find it.

Restart your app and search for it!
Oct 7, 2023 9:11 AM
Jun 2023
I think Anya was mildly traumatised from thinking about Yor's butt
Oct 7, 2023 9:14 AM
Apr 2022
it is so much fun and good. refreshing start, i like the vibes, comedy and the character interaction. The song, they nailed it. Both opening and ending have good impact to the anime. With this kind of anime, i feel like my mood get boost so fast. Wholesome, cute, pretty, stylish, and bad ass at the same time. i love the dynamics
Oct 7, 2023 9:15 AM

Jun 2021
Great start to the season with Loid and Yor date. Yor's situation made me laugh again. Loid sure is having a hard time when it comes to her. And here's Anya for another 'saves the day' moment. With that, the Forger family continues. I just love this show. I'm happy to see this anime back.
Oct 7, 2023 9:18 AM
Aug 2023
Whole ep was saved by anya her scenes was too amazing and cute to watch
While Loid was trying to keep his missions safe
Next ep will be interesting!!!
Also the opening was very good
Oct 7, 2023 9:19 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Back to the misunderstanding, back to the missions, back to Anya being cute, back to Loid overanalyzing and Yor trying to keep with the family good looks while her job interferes, back to the usual I guess. Not much to say in terms of plot development rather than the constant reminder that it's there in the background waiting for a major event to progress. But in the meantime we have these slice of life in tone moments that are heartwarming but sadly leave you wanting a bit more.

Usual episode
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 7, 2023 9:20 AM
May 2023
very well adapted from the manga, blew away all of my expectations
great op and ed
overall amazing start
Oct 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Jul 2011
Yor, beautiful as always.

Anya have a nice wardrobe to build that outfit.

Well, Anya learned how to build a homemade bomb.
Oct 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Oct 2011
waku waku !!!!!!!!
Oct 7, 2023 9:29 AM
May 2021
We back hehehe lets fcknn gooo!! Waku wakuuu
Oct 7, 2023 9:36 AM

Feb 2021
So this episode adapted only just one chapter, that's some good pacing.

Next episode it seems they will adapt Damian's field trip.
Oct 7, 2023 9:45 AM

Jan 2023
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, SPY X FAMILY SATURDAYS HAVE RETURNED.

That peanut bomb at the end is basically what happened to whatever expectations that I had as a manga reader, picked up the bomb and it blew me away in a shower of peanuts. I couldn't have asked for anything more with our lovely yet wild return to the Forger Family, from the music and soundtracks as we all probably saw before the airing to the consistency with the visuals to the faithful adaptation of what I call, "The Butt Shot Date" with some minor but great changes to add to the fun.

I'm so happy to see everyone again, Anya with her iconic expressions, Yor being adorkable, Loid overthinking everything, Bond protecting the house, even Franky tagging along. The comedy kept me laughing at every step of the way, so glad it's able to retain that same feeling. Ending the date off at a balcony, what a sweet moment between Loid and Yor only for Franky and Anya to pop out of the "shadows" (aka a bush). Than the next day, the pain returns.

Spectacular episode and return to Spy x Family, looking forward to the camping trip between Damien and his crew and the duo mission between Loid and Bond!
Have a relaxing Saturday :)
Oct 7, 2023 9:45 AM
Oct 2016
I couldn't have asked for a more perfect return to the Forger family! Loid and Yor going on a date, Anya with Franky tailing them, funny misunderstandings and hijinks, there's nothing better than this. The Forgers are back once again in this second season, I had a smile on my face the entire episode with Anya wanting to follow her mama and papa on their date. Last time we saw them things were tense with meeting Desmond and the implications that could bring going forward, but now we've reset a bit and gotten a classic style fun episode with the family. Yor continuing her assassin duties leading to her getting an injury on her butt, which of course causes her to scowl in pain. Loid not understanding this thinks she's angry at him for whatever reason and they need to go on a date to rectify this situation. The whole fact that they can't tell each other the truth behind their feelings only adds to the comedy. Loid having hundreds of date ideas being knocked away by Yor wanting to talk since sitting aggravates her butt injury. Anya following them with Franky was so cute. She's just the best anime daughter anyone could want, teaming up with Franky makes them a fun duo. Loid instantly spotting them however wanting to focus on making Yor happy instead. They go on a fabulous date to many great places but Yor face in pain clouds over them. Very funny seeing her want to stand at all these places she should sit. The restaurant could've gone badly since that guy from the group Yor just took out was there but poison immunity came in clutch. Finally letting Yor enjoy their date. Anya showing off her own spy skills scaring that dude into an honest life. I'd say the date went great even if by the next morning Yor wasn't feeling well since her injury acted up again. I cannot wait to see more of the Forgers this fall and whatever they'll be up to.
Oct 7, 2023 9:47 AM

May 2020
Waku waku indeed ahh I missed them so much and the legendary Anya pose is here
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Oct 7, 2023 9:50 AM

Jun 2023
Wit x CloverWorks are back to deliver the best childcare and spy-themed anime with all its charming characters and visual finesse. Anya is as adorable as ever, Yor is as beautiful as ever (she's best mom) and Loid is as cool as ever.

Not sure whether this season will lean into the action-oriented overarching narrative or SoL aspects, but I don't mind either way since the anime assimilates them together really well and its main appeal has always been the endearing character antics. Probably my anime of the season, as I already love this series.
Oct 7, 2023 10:04 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Antithesis
Wit x CloverWorks are back to deliver the best childcare and spy-themed anime with all its charming characters and visual finesse. Anya is as adorable as ever, Yor is as beautiful as ever (she's best mom) and Loid is as cool as ever.

Not sure whether this season will lean into the action-oriented overarching narrative or SoL aspects, but I don't mind either way since the anime assimilates them together really well and its main appeal has always been the endearing character antics. Probably my anime of the season, as I already love this series.
@ANTITHE5IS This season will be more action oriented.
Oct 7, 2023 10:14 AM

Oct 2022
A new season of Spy Family starting off with Anya's waku waku.
A date episode, kinda typical but still a good episode.
Oct 7, 2023 10:17 AM
Apr 2023
so fun .it had me laughing most of the episode
Oct 7, 2023 10:18 AM
Dec 2020
can anyone tell me where to watch?
Oct 7, 2023 10:22 AM
Mar 2017
Finally Anya came back. Very happy to see Anya Chan's family back.
Oct 7, 2023 10:55 AM
Apr 2023
waku waku waku waku waku
Oct 7, 2023 11:04 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to Antithesis

@ANTITHE5IS this season should have a pretty big Yor-centric action arc at least.
Oct 7, 2023 11:09 AM

Sep 2021
Ending somewhat weak with the Campbelldon Tennis Arc, I'm glad this season's premiere is up to the standart I'm used to from Spy X Family.

The expressions are - as usual - the best part of the show. It's rare enough to see someone actually suffering from their pain in anime and it was done perfectly. Loid's worries and Anya's smug face of victory too!

The jokes are hillarious as expected and I love how Anya traumatized that Red Circus waiter!

A great return to my 3rd favorite anime ever! I can't wait to see the rest of the season and the movie!
Oct 7, 2023 11:12 AM

Jun 2015
Anya went full peanut assaisn
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 7, 2023 11:18 AM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode
Oct 7, 2023 11:23 AM
Aug 2022
Her ass hurts because she was shot

And those faces of pain we're so damn funny
Oct 7, 2023 11:33 AM

Aug 2021
spy x family is back. life is good. the endings for this show never miss. another banger
Oct 7, 2023 11:35 AM
Jun 2023
It's amazing to watch Spy x Family again. And Loid took Yor on a date. It's a shame Yor's wound kinda ruined the whole date
Oct 7, 2023 11:37 AM

Nov 2019
SPY FAMILY IS BACK
WAKU WAKU
Oct 7, 2023 11:41 AM

Apr 2018
gonna watch the season a bit later, but gotta comment on the ado x vaundy duo as opening and ending. Just way too incredible to miss.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 7, 2023 11:46 AM
Jul 2016
I forgot how goddamn cute this show is, tbh. Look at Anya go!!!

Anyway, I heard on Twitter that the OP is directed/storyboarded by one of my favorite anime directors - Masaaki Yuasa!!! It's a pretty unique looking OP, compared to the first two.
Oct 7, 2023 11:49 AM

Mar 2020
Firstly, the OP and ED. Ado doing an anime opening is certainly something, and combined with direction from Masaaki Yuasa, certainly not something I had on my 2023 anime bingo card. They also have Vaundy doing the ED. Could you pull me in anymore than this?

Glad to see Spy X Family back again, it's like we never left. A great introduction back into the world, and this episode was pretty funny, adapting a side chapter. Just more meme-able content with the character faces. Let's hope there's some good comedy and intrigue to return to the Spy X Family greatness that this can be.
Oct 7, 2023 11:51 AM

Nov 2013
Anya's back!!! Butthurt Yor lol.
Oct 7, 2023 11:53 AM

Nov 2021
Such a great episode to start off season 2. The OP and ED are sooo good song-wise and the animation is so lively and creative, I can't believe they got Masaaki Yuasa to do it!! Anya is really becoming best spy/assassin
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

126 by Safrichh »»
May 10, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

182 by grandy_UiD »»
May 10, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

191 by AkioTz »»
May 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

193 by Gator »»
May 3, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2023

150 by Gator »»
May 3, 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.