Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 24, 2023 8:23 PM
Oct 2020
i hate this series, it makes me cry too much.

and as per usual Yoko Taro is a madman droping casual lore bombs in the weirdest way possiable
Jul 24, 2023 10:07 PM

Jan 2011
it had some great visuals, an interesting premise, a few cool action scenes an a really good soundtrack but the cast of characters was forgettable despite their cool designs an the story a bit lacking, imo not enough was shown about Adam an Eve 

7/10
Jul 25, 2023 6:07 AM

Jul 2017
truly a wonderful season, i loved it. 
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Jul 25, 2023 8:43 AM

Jun 2017
SteelingMax said:
MomoSinX said:
I don't get it, how is humanity being extinct a twist when they literally aren't extinct. The resistance has flesh and blood humans in it. lol

But I haven't played the game so maybe I am missing something.
The resistence is made up of older gen androids.
Have you really watched 12 episodes of the anime and didn't notice them getting corrupted(ep6) or any time they showed them getting injured(exposed robot parts in a couple of episodes)

I thought only their commander was an android actually, I knew they had a few support ones as well. Missed the details big time then. lol
Jul 25, 2023 8:55 AM

Jan 2018
The ending was really good. Just seeing the ending of Route A animated with Weight of the World playing afterward made me very emotional.

This wasn't a terrible adaptation as I expected. I was expecting a dumpsterfire like Persona 5 the Abomination by A-1 but it turned out to be pretty alright. I'm still salty that my first experience with Persona 5 was through that awful anime and it pretty much spoiled the entire game for me.

This anime is definitely not perfect and some of the changes to the story are questionable at best.

The bigger issue was the pacing. I feel like a lot of important scenes got cut or skimmed over to fit the 12-episode cour formula. Why don't most anime get more episodes so that it could flesh out the story more? Why is it such a rare occurrence?

The fact that the last 4 episodes were delayed indefinitely and then dumped together on the same day at a moment's notice completely killed the momentum this show was building up on the Winter 2023 season. By now, most average weebs moved on to other shows which is just sad to hear.

Hopefully, Part 2 won't suffer from Aniplex's curse. I don't care if it takes a long time for it to release as long as it's done right.

Part 1 more or less combined route A and B of the game. So the next part will probably combine C and D into a single package. And since there were so many changes and original content added to Part 1 I think it's safe to assume that Part 2 will probably get a completely different ending from the game.

NieR Automata v1.1a might be a decent anime but it pales in comparison to the game it's based on which is a masterpiece. The anime simply lacks the things that made the game so special because of the medium difference.

I say as a complimentary piece NieR Automata v1.1a is a decent watch for anyone who already finished the game but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who didn't play the game because it pretty much spoils the main things that happen in the game.

I will always recommend the game over its adaptation. Even if you don't have the means to play the game I say just wait until you can play it and experience NieR Automata that way. You don't need a fancy PC for it. A Nintendo Switch Lite is just $200 (or less used) and the game is $50 (or less on a sale) and it's worth all the money. You can just sell the console and the cartridge after you're done.

This seems a bit late but I still recommend playing the game to anime-onlies after they watched Part 1. The best part of Automata is Route C, D, and E from the game which Part 2 will probably animate.

It'll probably be a decent adaptation but I highly doubt Part 2 will be able to do them justice especially if they go for an anime-original ending. Again, NieR Automata is special because it's a video game. You simply can't translate that in a medium that has no interactivity like anime, movie, manga, etc.
Jul 25, 2023 10:01 AM
Apr 2023
SteelingMax said:
praquenomereal said:

do not spoil it!!! it's a big revelation that was NOT supposed to be there on ending A. everything is so rushed right now lol
1.1a anime merged ending/route A and B, it's clearly not a spoiler bc the black haired twins sometimes speak with the same voice as the Council/Humans on the Moon and they explicitly say that humans are extinct, so the Council can't be humans, so it must be other Androids.

yeah, but the anime spoiled it A LOT! The twins aren't supposed to appear so early on like that
Jul 25, 2023 10:03 AM
Apr 2023
TheMangaManiac said:
praquenomereal said:

well, the director of the anime is the same as the game, so it's not a parody, but I DO feel you
I do know Yoko Taro is directing/supervising anime but a lot of his changes make no sense even from plot point...

yup, eve dying was just horrible, but you know, they had to rush like that to be able to get their memories out of the way.

still, it's a bad adaptation of that part
Jul 25, 2023 10:16 AM
Oct 2019
Ah yes finally it's over somehow happy ending??

Interesting POV from 9S, can't wait to see what's going on with that storyline.

Overall Solid 7/10
2B Yams carrying this Anime.

There is a sneak peak part 2 at the end, and i try to paused for couple of second there.
I'm not ready for that.

Well let's hope there is no more production issues in the future.
Jul 25, 2023 12:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As someone who's never played the source material, I found this to be an entertaining action show where I didn't have to worry if they were being true to the source. Pretty enjoyable overall but it's a shame about the hiatus. I hope that for cour 2 they have no issues.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 25, 2023 2:03 PM

Dec 2010
I haven't played the game, but I think this turned out to be one of the better adaptations.
So the "twist" is that humans are actually extinct. But one of the confidential texts at the end said that the genes of Gestalts were preserved in a storage facility on the moon. According to the wikia, Gestalts are human souls separated from their physical bodies. Doesn't this essentially mean that reviving mankind is possible?
Jul 25, 2023 5:21 PM
Feb 2019
Embient said:
Second cour announced! I heard it was meant to be a two-cour from the start so not that surprising. Looking forward to it! (but no hiatuses pls I can wait as long as needed, just don't rush things)

I can actually feel bad for Adam here
What the- 9S nooo
I knew it was him in the machine lifeform heads! Wholesome
Credits at 11 minutes? Interesting lol
The documents... So humanity is actually extinct? Damn this is tragic, both machine lifeforms and YoRHa are fight for no reason. And is that virus the antagonist now?
The hiatus took a lot enjoyment out of this, but I'm still rating this 9/10. Exciting story, amazing music, good animation. I'm sure the second cour will be even better though.
Looking forward to deciphered eyecatches

Question for those who played the game: aside from the hiatus, was this a good adaptation?
There's no way I'm the only one who said this but it's probably not a good idea to view this as an adaptation. More like a alternate story, another way the game's story could have played out. It's probably a good idea to play the game if you're interested in the story, because it will make those deviations pop out more.

The deviations are def intentional, and will (probably) lead to a different end than Automata's original endings.

As a person who has read way too much of yoko taro's bullshit drakenNier stuff, I'd say I like this retelling of the story so far, even if the pacing is strange. Then again I put up with his weirdass manga with psychic child soldiers so my standards might not be too high. I know some people are put off by the changes but frankly a 1-1 adaptation of the game would simply be overshadowed by the game itself imo. That's the best way to experience the original story.

also play Nier replicant :)))
Jul 25, 2023 5:43 PM
Dec 2017
DarkDooM2 said:
I haven't played the game, but I think this turned out to be one of the better adaptations.
So the "twist" is that humans are actually extinct. But one of the confidential texts at the end said that the genes of Gestalts were preserved in a storage facility on the moon. According to the wikia, Gestalts are human souls separated from their physical bodies. Doesn't this essentially mean that reviving mankind is possible?

Unfortunately not. Project Gestalt failed, and the souls are useless due to events happening thousands of years earlier in other Nier games, that are only connected to Automata through this.

From the anime it is obviously not apparent, but the game is heavy with philosophy, especially with nihilistic, or Nietzscheis one. It is about soul, and free will, finding purpose in life, in a life that is inevitably ends one day without continuation, and finding/creating meaning in a godless and meaningless world, where in this case the dead gods are the creators, humans and aliens. 

In my opinion the reveal in the anime was pretty rushed, and had no real weight, because Adam already spoiled it, and was pretty apparent already from earlier, due to the Commander's communication with the moon. In the game it was just a growing suspicion until the reveal, which came at the end of Route B (which was understandably merged here with Route A), but here the end didn't reveal it, just explained it in more details through flashing messages in the cyberspace.

However the better part of the story starts now, so if they don't ruin it, and kill it with bad animation and/or hiatus, or bad pacing (which was often an issue in the first cour), then you will definetely like the second part even more. 
Jul 26, 2023 3:11 AM
Apr 2023
Mymmo said:
Embient said:
Second cour announced! I heard it was meant to be a two-cour from the start so not that surprising. Looking forward to it! (but no hiatuses pls I can wait as long as needed, just don't rush things)

What the- 9S nooo
The documents... So humanity is actually extinct? Damn this is tragic, both machine lifeforms and YoRHa are fight for no reason. And is that virus the antagonist now?
The hiatus took a lot enjoyment out of this, but I'm still rating this 9/10. Exciting story, amazing music, good animation. I'm sure the second cour will be even better though.

Question for those who played the game: aside from the hiatus, was this a good adaptation?
There's no way I'm the only one who said this but it's probably not a good idea to view this as an adaptation. More like a alternate story, another way the game's story could have played out. It's probably a good idea to play the game if you're interested in the story, because it will make those deviations pop out more.

The deviations are def intentional, and will (probably) lead to a different end than Automata's original endings.

As a person who has read way too much of yoko taro's bullshit drakenNier stuff, I'd say I like this retelling of the story so far, even if the pacing is strange. Then again I put up with his weirdass manga with psychic child soldiers so my standards might not be too high. I know some people are put off by the changes but frankly a 1-1 adaptation of the game would simply be overshadowed by the game itself imo. That's the best way to experience the original story.

also play Nier replicant :)))

The problem is that the changes makes the development extremely rushed. I came to this with an open mind, but didn't like the way the characters and events were portrayed
Jul 26, 2023 3:43 AM
Dec 2022
Embient said:

tbh only disappointed thing is why theyre not recreating Adam and Eve boss fight like in game since the main boss of 1st cour is the twins
but skipped all of that and made Eve useless and ded like an idiot 
also that A2 encounter, expected an epic animated fight but it was just a short encounter

but since how Ishikawa Yui reprising 2B role like in game (much better in this anime imo) I really enjoyed the anime 
Jul 26, 2023 7:33 AM
Jul 2023
Adam and eve are shit characters with a shit arc. boring.
Jul 26, 2023 7:43 AM
Jun 2007
"Eve" and "Adam" gone and human already extinct....
Jul 26, 2023 7:22 PM
Nov 2016
Finally, this crap is over, it was meh honestly, I do praise 2 things in this anime, the OST which is simply fucking awesome, and the character design which is pretty nice, as for the rest of the anime is just meh, as a whole this anime is okay-ish at best and mediocre at worst, I don't think I care enough to watch the 2nd season or the 2nd part or whatever is in the works but who knows, I may change my opinion later but for now, I just don't care about this crap.

The script was really mediocre in this anime, in all the episodes so far I only really enjoyed 1 episode which is the one that had the flashback, that episode was nice, but the rest of the episodes are meh, maybe if I played the game I would have enjoyed this anime better but as an anime-only, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth after finishing this, the story is way too generic and linear, it was boring and for some reason, I couldn't bond or connect with the main characters either and I fucking hated the design of the CGI robots, I just couldn't take them seriously with that shit design, circular head, and shitty script they all used to have, just no.

I recognize a good series if I see how is directed, Arcane and Cyberpunk: Edgerunners are series from a game too and I loved both of them because they are fantastic, especially Arcane which is fucking awesome and one of the best series I've seen so far, NieR:Automata Ver1.1a on the other hand, lacked the things that make a series good, at least it has the awesome OST but that's the only awesome thing going for it and the character design was nice too but that's about it, the rest of the things are meh.

Whatever, I finally finished this crap and I won't miss it so I will end my rant with a rating of:

6/10
xZabuzaxJul 26, 2023 8:18 PM
Jul 26, 2023 9:16 PM
Jan 2016
To clarify as I've seen several people make this mistake, the anime didn't just cover route/ending A, it also covered route/ending B. In the game you first play as 2B up until the ending credits we got in this episode, then you redo the game again playing as 9S, with some things changed because there are parts of the story that only 2B participated in and parts of the story that only 9S participated in. Obviously doing it that way in the anime would be insane so they melded it together. Cour 2 will cover routes/endings C/D/E.

I was for the most part happy with the adaption. The biggest change from the game appeared to be swapping the fates of Adam and Eve. In the end it made no sense doing so to me and doesn't really fit the characters that well. My recollection was that in the game Adam wanted to die, he wanted to experience that aspect of humanity. So he dies in the Copied City and Eve is the one who freaks out with his brother dead and they need to defeat at the end. If they were going to swap them then I would have expected more changes than what we got with the last couple of episodes which was essentially Adam acting like Eve did in the game. Also Adam revealing that humanity was extinct soils the reveal we got in this episode a bit and how is he supposed to know that information? I didn't mind them holding back the aliens are dead reveal until the copied city but the human reveal didn't make that much sense.

In any case, I consider these to be relatively minor complaints. Overall I was very happy with this adaption. Things get so much better in the latter portion of the game so I am hyped out of my mind for cour 2, although it will feel like a very long wait. Just recently got a PS5 in part to be able to finally play Nier Replicant (along with some other games) so that will hold me over.
Jul 26, 2023 11:50 PM

Nov 2021
really good show tbh, i wish it had a better schedule. there was some rough CGI at the beginning. the ending was interesting, humanity being extinct is a huge plot reveal. high hopes for the second cour and I hope they can adapt as much of the full game as possible
Jul 27, 2023 10:16 AM
Jul 2022
MegamiRem said:
Embient said:

What the- 9S nooo

Nier game is a one of a kind unique experience. I don't think it's possible to replicate that experience in anime medium but they adapted the story pretty well and I enjoyed watching the anime quite a lot. The delays sucked but aside that, had a good time watching this show and looking forward to cour 2.
KinjiKido said:
Episode 6 discussion: HOLD IT HOLD IT HOLD IT! WTF!? I thought all resistants are android. how the F Lily is a child back then and now she grown up. Is android can even grow up like human does now. -5 points I will rate it 5/10. if nobody reply to this comment and persuade me to change my rating score. then I'll take it as if I was right to "Everything is wrong with Nier:Automata animation"
(MINOR SPOILERS I GUESS IF YOU CONSIDER THIS A SPOILER BUT ITS BARELY EVER MENTIONED IN THE GAME AND PROBABLY WONT BE MENTIONED IN THE ANIME)
(ps. play the game it is a 10 while this anime is imo a 7 at most)
Jul 27, 2023 10:23 AM

Oct 2017
@ayayayawoo Why quote me though?
Jul 27, 2023 10:25 AM
Jul 2022
@MegamiRem accident
Jul 27, 2023 12:34 PM

May 2021
Even considering that the game was a mediocre source, the anime was trully appalling, I am glad it's done, 1/10 for the show.
Jul 27, 2023 2:04 PM
Apr 2020
eu gostei dele, e muito fofo e gostoso mano, fofinho
Jul 28, 2023 9:59 AM

Feb 2018
With the defeat of Adam, 2B having to kill 9S and the restoration of 9S' memories this version ending has concluded!
Didn't think that we would also get 9S learning of humanities collapse and reason for YoRHa's existence tagged on at the end there, but I guess it was this or have it at the start of the next season.
Jul 28, 2023 10:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's cringe how they're trying so hard to save time, two endings in a single episode and one of the previous ep had the muppet part take 1/4 of the episode length...
Jul 28, 2023 12:05 PM

Apr 2012
TBH, I genuinely enjoyed the anime 9/10
I would've gave it a 10 if it weren't for the author Yoko Taro's unpredictable changes but guess I can forgive him for it since he needed to keep anime and video game fans hooked by subverting expectations. I'm really hyped for the 2nd cour. 2B as always, is so beautiful. I wonder, will she continue the story with a scar on her face moving forward?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 29, 2023 12:36 AM

Dec 2020
Not bad for a reminiscence especially with bit more new details, definitely will catch on to the last part. Hope it will be as exciting and beyond than the game.
Didn't realize till now that Nier Automata 2 is in development, so the purpose of this anime is just a marketing strat.
Jul 29, 2023 5:43 PM
May 2016
It was ok. I didn't play the game so it was all new to me.
Jul 29, 2023 9:22 PM

Feb 2014
everything felt so random xD I i was just able to finish this because  it is the anime of the famous 2B (although 9S felt more the main character here and 2B kinda secondary-ish character xD - maybe because she does not talks much so I had that impression). At least the aesthetic was cool. 

Even the transition scenes were rushed, had plot holes or skipped/cut.

Probably an anime just for those who played the game.

Waving from 5 to 6/10, probably 5

Still, I am down to watch part 2 out of curiosity and hoping for some fun (at least 6/10 in the end). 
TechOtakuJul 29, 2023 9:48 PM
Jul 30, 2023 2:32 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Didn't quite work as an anime imho, maybe I was just looking for something different. Perhaps it was really good as someone new to it all- but honestly, I would think that you'd enjoy it even less. Nonetheless, you still gotta give A-1 the credit for doing a decent job at the very least. Pacing still felt kind of choppy, like a series of random events, but I get it, hard to translate game events into a tv series format. Or is it? They clearly tried new things and changed the plot a little, I wouldn't have minded it if they changed it so drastically as to make it work. In the end it still serves better as a way to maybe make you interested in the game, rather than giving you a proper experience complete enough so that one wouldn't even have to play the game- which, was kind of the anime I was hoping for. Unrealistic expectations, maybe... but doable? Idk, all I really needed was for it to slow down a little, recapture some of those vibes of the atmosphere of the game a little better, more of the silence, both ominous and serene, and just let the story flow a little better from episode to episode. Because it did feel quite episodic, which is what the game would be, with all its separate missions and all. But still, I feel like it could've flowed better, idk how else to word it. Whatever, at the end of the day it comes down to either a high-5/10 or a low 6/10, probably a high-5 for me. Episode 4 went hard, best episode easily. I really appreciated all the 2B booty shots as well. Definitely puts your pause-game to the test. Will be looking forward to the next instalment all things considered. I believe that they will be cooking.

5.9/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 30, 2023 8:49 AM
Apr 2023
xZabuzax said:
Finally, this crap is over, it was meh honestly, I do praise 2 things in this anime, the OST which is simply fucking awesome, and the character design which is pretty nice, as for the rest of the anime is just meh, as a whole this anime is okay-ish at best and mediocre at worst, I don't think I care enough to watch the 2nd season or the 2nd part or whatever is in the works but who knows, I may change my opinion later but for now, I just don't care about this crap.

The script was really mediocre in this anime, in all the episodes so far I only really enjoyed 1 episode which is the one that had the flashback, that episode was nice, but the rest of the episodes are meh, maybe if I played the game I would have enjoyed this anime better but as an anime-only, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth after finishing this, the story is way too generic and linear, it was boring and for some reason, I couldn't bond or connect with the main characters either and I fucking hated the design of the CGI robots, I just couldn't take them seriously with that shit design, circular head, and shitty script they all used to have, just no.

I recognize a good series if I see how is directed, Arcane and Cyberpunk: Edgerunners are series from a game too and I loved both of them because they are fantastic, especially Arcane which is fucking awesome and one of the best series I've seen so far, NieR:Automata Ver1.1a on the other hand, lacked the things that make a series good, at least it has the awesome OST but that's the only awesome thing going for it and the character design was nice too but that's about it, the rest of the things are meh.

Whatever, I finally finished this crap and I won't miss it so I will end my rant with a rating of:

6/10

you know, play the game, it'll be worth it (if you can obviously).

the story, on the anime, skipped a LOT of philosophycal parts and just sheer development, aside from killing some character development and changing a lot of the story.

the game is great and will give you some answers, specially why the robots have a spherical head (Emil, that's my only tip). for this you'll have to see the side missions, but they're worth it.

if you don't want, you can search up the timeline of drakengard and nier and search for a 6 hours and a half video that explains EVERYTHING of it. it's worth it, it made me cry in some parts.
Jul 30, 2023 5:27 PM
Nov 2016
praquenomereal said:
xZabuzax said:

6/10

you know, play the game, it'll be worth it (if you can obviously).

the story, on the anime, skipped a LOT of philosophycal parts and just sheer development, aside from killing some character development and changing a lot of the story.

the game is great and will give you some answers, specially why the robots have a spherical head (Emil, that's my only tip). for this you'll have to see the side missions, but they're worth it.

if you don't want, you can search up the timeline of drakengard and nier and search for a 6 hours and a half video that explains EVERYTHING of it. it's worth it, it made me cry in some parts.

I have no doubt that the game is better, I will have to play it one of these days but at the moment, I'm in no mood to play it, and this anime disappointed me to the point I don't want to play the game nor find side materials or videos in Youtube to understand this anime better, I simply don't care about this at the moment, at least not for now.

I do play the games of something if I find the anime interesting, I'm a gamer myself, and I love the anime of Steins;Gate (my favorite anime), and once I finished it, I started playing the game because I loved the anime so damn much that I just had to play the game and hell, I dislike VN type of games because I hate reading a lot in those games and Steins;Gate even made me play those VN games that I dislike and I still loved it because it's so damn good.

If this anime was good I believe I would have played the game, I may still play it though but definitely not now or anytime soon, maybe in the future.

What I WILL do though is listen to that beautiful OST, that's the only awesome thing about this anime, I love a good soundtrack and the soundtrack in this anime is definitely a 10/10.
xZabuzaxJul 30, 2023 6:02 PM
Jul 30, 2023 10:32 PM
Jan 2020
TheMangaManiac said:
I can't believe they dropped the ball THIS hard. It's nothing like the game and feels more like a parody than adaptation. Changes for the sake of changes, cutting out a lot of action, especially at the end, skipping major scenes... 

I am not some Nier freak, I completed it few months ago, and while first episodes were okay/bearable despite some flaws and nitpicks, the last ones are a complete joke. Emotions just isn't there, there's no thought behind directing coarse. I am glad I've played it BEFORE watching, otherwise I would have completely ruined the story for myself.

You know, it's like watching 12 episode anime of 100 hour long VN. Sure, some major story bits are still there, but it's a completely different experience.
So you're going to tell Yoko Taro that he didn't know how to adapt Yoko Taro's vision of Yoko Taro's game?
Jul 31, 2023 3:07 AM

Nov 2016
as someone who played the 1st game so long ago but completely forgot about it, im a complete newcomer. ironically i thought this was the 1st game until some people pointed that out IRL, meh ill forget about this soon enough

i liked it for its slow paced world building story line. the fights werent that cool but im fine with that. yeah im old

as like others have said, this 1st cour sets up the 2nd quite nicely. tho i do hope it doesnt become like sao alice and like literally goes from slow and steady winning the race, to faster than light...

completely forgot about that ending, man im seriously hoping id forget it but its such a big bang
FONZACUSJul 31, 2023 3:11 AM
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jul 31, 2023 10:38 PM
Nov 2018
Delay aside, I thought this was a really good adaptation of the game's story!  It manages to get the basic points across in its own style and added some cool original content.  Can't wait to see how they structure second cour.
Aug 1, 2023 12:43 PM
May 2021
Wow man this was amazing. So the humanity is already extinct ( I read the documents presented on screen haha), only remaining left are resistance army members. And the last scene bro, so that virus was controlling that space unit all along. Part 2 gonna be interesting! 9/10 for this 🔥
Aug 5, 2023 4:57 AM

May 2015
Glory...to mankind... :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM
Feb 2023
it was really good
Aug 11, 2023 11:35 AM

Jul 2016
Okay. Humanity is long extinct, higher-ups (AIs/other Androids?) on the moon are pretending to be God by experimenting with the YoRHa units' "emotions" and to make things worse, it looks like 9S has become their new plaything. Robo-shota can't certainly catch a break, it seems.

Entertaining adaptation despite everything. Pacing felt sloppy in certain episodes and CGI was... rough to say the least but I gotta say I still had a good time with this show. Though I guess it's needless to say that the constant delays really took a lot away from the overall experience. Damn you, Aniplex.
Story as well as plot twists were engaging enough, production values were decent with a notorious improvement in these last four episodes and OST was simply incredible. 10/10 tracks that as a whole, ended up being the strongest point of this adaptation without a single doubt.

7/10 - Looking forward to Part 2... whenever Aniplex deign themselves to release it, that is.
Aug 13, 2023 7:35 AM
Mar 2021
Is humanity is actually extinct?
What the game saying about human and claiming the earth again?
Nice adaptation i think.
Should i play the game to understand the story better?
Aug 15, 2023 5:13 AM

Jan 2014
I hope we get to see more of Emil in action in the 2nd cour. either it's mall Emil or desert emil is fine.
Aug 16, 2023 8:59 PM
Oct 2021
There still a lot of mysteries in this series
Aug 22, 2023 9:41 AM

Aug 2022
What a story ...  What a masterpiece ... IMO 10/10
I recommend you guys to see the story of Drakengard and then Nier Reincarnation that happens before story of Nier Automata in youtube! (I found this masterpiece recently...! late better than never! thanks Yoko Taro!)
I also hope there will be some anime adaptations for the Drakengard series!
Aug 27, 2023 12:20 PM

Jun 2015
It was a nice show. I wouldn't mind a second season.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 29, 2023 11:11 AM

Aug 2022
Left me kinda confused.
Sep 6, 2023 3:37 PM
Apr 2022
Cool and interesting
Sep 6, 2023 6:10 PM

Feb 2019
That was amazing!

The anime did the game justice, I look forward to s2.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Sep 12, 2023 9:12 PM

Apr 2016
Well, it ended, for now, meanwhile I just shrug, no idea if I would care about what happens next.

It was good when 9s gave the final stab to Adam.
Sep 18, 2023 1:40 AM

Feb 2019
8/10 for me, it was a good adaptation compared to other ones. I just finished replaying Nier Automata 2 weeks ago. There were some changes in the anime but it's still pretty good for me.

Try playing the game, it's so worth it!
owkey
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why It got hate?

Otaku_guru - Mar 5

19 by RegexShinobi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Are you an Anime-only or Player of the game?

Rob7 - Apr 27

16 by Kirito_Sama_ »»
May 4, 1:10 PM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

105 by Rob7 »»
Apr 26, 9:05 PM

Poll: » NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

467 by GustavoMizobu »»
Feb 20, 3:09 AM

» Should I play Nier replicant too before starting series?

Otaku_guru - Feb 11

7 by Otaku_guru »»
Feb 14, 10:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.