Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Isekai One Turn Kill Neesan: Ane Douhan no Isekai Seikatsu Hajimemashita Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 7, 2023 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes...Asahi gets transported into another world because of an incident, in this case an accident of sorts. 

With that personaltiy of hers, it's hard to take Maya seriously in this show. Then again, this anime is pairing up her with Asahi so I guess they're trying to make some entertainment content from the two. There were also more cartoonish moments than I had expected. Idk what this anime is exactly trying to be lol
Apr 7, 2023 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
Well, this is Isekai One-Hit Kill Okaa-san, but the Nee-san version instead, under a very new studio: Gekkou (who'll produce the upcoming Temple later this year).

The Car-kun hit Asahi Ikusaba finds himself in another world due to a traffic accident, and everything about it is as what you'd expect of him thinking that the fantasy worlds are just like those he'd played with games like Witcher 3 and Final Fantasy. Selling his phone off for trivial adventurer items and going to the guild for quests, and his "starting from scratch" smugness brought him to wild and strong monsters like the wyvern. And of all things, summoning his older sister Maya does the trick, though being a brocon for Asahi, following him to the after death and being OP.

With no way back, both siblings have to venture their way through, but with Asahi framed as the hero, Maya has to shield him for her power, but also her pleasure. Other than the typical Hero Party being sent off to deal with the Demon King, being the recent boy genius that everyone looks up to as the unofficial champion, a scuffle with a troublemaker has him leeching off her powers to show his extreme power.

Let's hope that this doesn't turn into the Isekai junk that Okaa-san is.
KANLen09Apr 7, 2023 7:54 AM
Apr 7, 2023 7:56 AM

Sep 2020
I didn’t expect the animation to actually be decent what the hell…

This is going to be trash, but the good trash. I can’t wait for more. I love the dynamic between the main two.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2023 8:14 AM

Mar 2016
Trashy isekai weebs be eating well this season, give me moar!!!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 7, 2023 8:16 AM
Jan 2022
it was good, oraora
Apr 7, 2023 8:29 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The animation had no right to be this good in the action scenes, where did that come from?
Apr 7, 2023 8:34 AM
Mar 2021
Not 100% sold on this one, but it can be fun series
Apr 7, 2023 8:39 AM

Dec 2022
its isekai incest
Apr 7, 2023 8:41 AM
Mar 2022
why the hell is then the air date 8 April ?
Apr 7, 2023 8:51 AM

Apr 2015
as much as I like "good" trash I forced myself to finish this episode. 
Looked good but that's about it.
Apr 7, 2023 8:53 AM

Jul 2022
There's some tasty animation in this one, really fun to watch. Beautiful character design, seems, oh, masterful?

It's a little on the silly side for me, but I can imagine children loving the pace of technical events and it's not too sleazy, despite the sweet home Alabama action.
Apr 7, 2023 8:57 AM
Sep 2021
It was a good and interesting introduction, loved the sister and the brother pair. Made me laugh a lot. Excited for more of the character's stories and interactions.
Apr 7, 2023 8:59 AM

Jul 2015
This is an absolutely beautiful trash and a total masterpiece I've been waiting for since 2019!

Apr 7, 2023 9:15 AM
Apr 2020
I enjoyed a lot this, pretty sure they are not "Siblings" Like, maybe the plot is that they are stepsister/brother o adopted. But surely i keep this to watch in the week.
Apr 7, 2023 9:17 AM

Sep 2020
AikeiAbyss said:
I enjoyed a lot this, pretty sure they are not "Siblings" Like, maybe the plot is that they are stepsister/brother o adopted. But surely i keep this to watch in the week.

I think they are blood related as they have the same eyes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2023 9:47 AM
Jan 2023
essa irmã vai dar polemica no twitter kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Apr 7, 2023 9:58 AM

Feb 2019
Yea we got us another one fellas. I don’t ask for much. Just good art, fanservice, a little incest bait etc. another very easy 10 as long as it stays consistent.

This gives heavy “do you love your mom” vibes, hopefully they don’t chicken out like they did in that one. Gimmick of the sister being the OP one and them not being dead irl is pretty cool. Loved this first episode.
Apr 7, 2023 10:03 AM
Jan 2020
this show has no business looking this good holy shit

this and with onimai last season, discord mods out there are eating really good

who thought the top 3 best looking shows this season will be hell's paradise, heavenly delusion and this shit lmaoo
RonninnApr 7, 2023 10:07 AM
Apr 7, 2023 10:04 AM

Oct 2017
I like Maya nee, she's beautiful and amusing. As for the mc he was okay untill he lied about his power. Anyway I'll be here for more Maya nee.
MegamiRemApr 12, 2023 10:05 AM
Apr 7, 2023 10:06 AM
Mar 2021
she really loves her lil bro eh😂. I wonder if there's a trauma backstory explaining why she's very protective of him.
Apr 7, 2023 10:07 AM
May 2021
Ayo really loved the ep 1.Animation was good, no CGI monsters thank god. Maya's VA is same as of albedo?? cause sounds similar 😂
Apr 7, 2023 10:11 AM
Jun 2021
a bro-con neesan who also OP in a cliche isekai story. its boring
Apr 7, 2023 10:26 AM

Jan 2010
not bad and I'll give credit for not using cgi for the dragon.

this looks fun but I just hope that the brother complex doesn't become too unbearable. I'm looking foward how he fools everybody.
Apr 7, 2023 10:34 AM

Jun 2019
The horny nee-chan reminds me a lot of Houshou Marine from Hololive, and the animation quality is surprisingly good. I will definitely stick it with this one.
Apr 7, 2023 10:51 AM

Oct 2011
yooooooookooooooooooooo
Apr 7, 2023 11:01 AM

Sep 2021
I'm not really impressed by the first episode, but I didn't expect to be. Isekais tend to start very slow. 

On the good side, it did have some good comedy and it's nice to see a protagonist duo in an isekai for once. 

As for the bad points, it was very generic and has some features that I don't like, such as Maya's sexual love for her brother and video game stat stuff. 

I'll stick with it a bit longer, maybe it develops into a good direction once it picks up steam. 
Apr 7, 2023 11:39 AM
Oct 2010
Always nice to be able to cross one off the list with the first episode for optimum seasonal efficiency. The production value is astonishing, too bad it's attached to... that.
Apr 7, 2023 11:50 AM

Jan 2021
Not as bad as I expected, animation being filled with funky scenes is a bit more forgivable for being a comedy, but definitely not as painful as Isekai de Cheat Skill at least.
Apr 7, 2023 11:51 AM
Apr 2021
I like the animation in some scene are sakuga animation and has impact frame
Apr 7, 2023 12:03 PM

Mar 2021
For an anime that seems like its isekai plot was written by AI (and contains a sibling relationship that is, um, concerningly affectionate?), this really does not have any right to be as good as it is. I thought the animation in particular looked really nice overall.

All I could think while watching this was, "Wait, is this actually good?". I do not have an answer to that simple question yet.
Apr 7, 2023 12:41 PM
Feb 2022
It's the fun type of trash isekai. Definitely not amazing, but not bad either
Apr 7, 2023 12:49 PM
作画

Nov 2019
the amount of Kanada light flares in this show is incredible
Apr 7, 2023 1:16 PM

Jun 2016
An Isekai full of waifus with alluring character design and a perverted brocon overpowered beautiful onee-chan? right take me in! XD very funny 1st episode.

Franz_FurantsuApr 7, 2023 1:19 PM
Apr 7, 2023 1:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I really liked this, it immediately reminded me of several shows I’ve seen in recent years, mainly “Full Dive RPG” and the Okaasan Isekai, and I was a fan of both of those shows but mainly Okaasan because I found it to be a unique Isekai, but I think it sadly gets a lot of hate due to the incest and from the looks of crunchyroll comments this is getting the same treatment, such a shame because I thought this was a great start. Gekkou studio being new and the concept had me intrigued, and it delivered so far, the art and animation is very nice and the moments between Asahi and Maya were pretty comedic like I was hoping.

And Maya herself is a nice waifu, I’m a fan of her design and her moments so far. And I thought Asahi’s sick burn before he scared that asshole away was hilarious lol. And the OP at the end was nice, it’s definitely lighthearted which gives me hope that this will be more comedy focused going forward, and it looks like there’s some interesting characters to come. I’m looking forward to more of this one for sure, I’m definitely not part of any hate this is getting.
Apr 7, 2023 1:28 PM

Oct 2020
Goddamn the animation was insane.
Apr 7, 2023 1:31 PM

Jun 2016
TheColonel76 said:
I really liked this, it immediately reminded me of several shows I’ve seen in recent years, mainly “Full Dive RPG” and the Okaasan Isekai, and I was a fan of both of those shows but mainly Okaasan because I found it to be a unique Isekai, but I think it sadly gets a lot of hate due to the incest and from the looks of crunchyroll comments this is getting the same treatment, such a shame because I thought this was a great start. Gekkou studio being new and the concept had me intrigued, and it delivered so far, the art and animation is very nice and the moments between Asahi and Maya were pretty comedic like I was hoping.

And Maya herself is a nice waifu, I’m a fan of her design and her moments so far. And I thought Asahi’s sick burn before he scared that asshole away was hilarious lol. And the OP at the end was nice, it’s definitely lighthearted which gives me hope that this will be more comedy focused going forward, and it looks like there’s some interesting characters to come. I’m looking forward to more of this one for sure, I’m definitely not part of any hate this is getting.

I agree I had the same "Full Dive" and "Okaa-san Online" vibes, I love this lighthearted and comedy series too, I don't get why some people are so prude and uptight about certain japanese tropes that add more comedy to the plots.
Apr 7, 2023 1:34 PM

Jun 2016
P.S. there is also a tanned tomboy gyaru receptionist (heaven) XD

Apr 7, 2023 1:38 PM
Dec 2020
Although I am not happy with the fact that the protagonist has no power, I managed to have fun with this first episode, if the anime focuses its humor only on the sister's obsession with the brother, I think it will end up getting repetitive and boring so I really hope that in the course of the anime they define other methods to extract humor, if they succeed I think it will be a very fun and funny anime to follow
Apr 7, 2023 3:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Franz_Furantsu said:
TheColonel76 said:

I agree I had the same "Full Dive" and "Okaa-san Online" vibes, I love this lighthearted and comedy series too, I don't get why some people are so prude and uptight about certain japanese tropes that add more comedy to the plots.

Absolutely agree with you there.
Apr 7, 2023 3:17 PM
Oct 2019
A shit ton of fun, amazing animation, and likable MCs (The one in Okaasan was so annoying, this guy is very cool). Good comedy that is perfectly self-aware about what kind of plot this is, it doesn't try to take the Isekai thing seriously at all..
Very surprised, I expected something really cheap. But this is probably the best this concept could be.
Apr 7, 2023 3:35 PM
Dec 2022
Asahi's a real otaku, comparing his new life as a game. People have to to realize that even though being in a fantasy world like being in a game, it's no *like* a game, it's real life. This world was pretty different in an interesting way, the name of there currency "mani" sounds a lot like "money", and their guild rank are "rabbit to god" rank instead of "G to S" rank😂. His stats were pretty weak, there are usually MC's who had weak stats, but trained or endured a lot to increase their stats. How his sister came to his aid was amazing, she's OP instead of him was a fun twist, it's like the first born gets all the power lol, and to get isekai'd all she had to do was bang her head against the way to do that 😂, wonder how to doctor's reacted to at. I wonder if she's the most extreme brocon I've seen so far, I mean licking her lips and the boldness to initiate skin ship shows how thirsty she was. This isekai adventure will sure be interesting.
Apr 7, 2023 3:39 PM

Jun 2013
Well that was shit
Apr 7, 2023 4:17 PM

Jan 2019
MC is a bit too annoying and the jokes were not funny. A shame since I typically enjoy isekai trash.
Apr 7, 2023 4:20 PM

May 2019
Incest is wincest~ I love Maya she's so hot!
Loli hentai is hot.
Apr 7, 2023 4:20 PM

Sep 2011
Trashy isekai anime?  Imagine my shock.  Just a discount version of the Mom isekai.  Also I take umbrage at him calling the receptionist a gyaru.  Being tan does not make a girl a gyaru.  There's so much more to it then that.
Apr 7, 2023 4:45 PM
Mar 2016
I haven't watch it. but the description is boring. MC rely on his sister is boring. I only interested in isekai that mc have either cheat code or using the knowledge from previous world and take advantage in another world.
Apr 7, 2023 4:58 PM
Aug 2015
Yuri_Niji said:
This is going to be trash, but the good trash.

Haha, that was my impression as well. It takes guts to work a trash plot with so much hand-drawn animation. It has heart, and that matters! I think the animators are having the most fun, and I hope they keep it up. The ED was also catchy-trashy, and it complimented the animation quite well. This could very well become TotS. Bonzai!

And Gekkou? I've never heard of this studio before, so I checked and there isn't any "before". It's their inaugural work. They're giving us their first time, in another manner of speaking.
costmuffledApr 7, 2023 5:27 PM
Apr 7, 2023 5:13 PM

Nov 2016
OP sis with brother complex in an isekai setting. Okaasan Online anyone? It kinda reminds me of it minus the mom and the online game. Funny enough and Maya got one hell of a V-line.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2023 5:59 PM

May 2019
Interesting first episode, Maya is good looking but not sure how I feel about her broconness (I like that she protects him but how far is she willing to go with him?? lol). Anyways, I like the art style and animation, and I'm curious about the character shown towards the end of the episode. I'm thinking maybe she's an antagonist against Maya (I hope she flirts with Asahi to get a rise out of Maya).
Apr 7, 2023 7:19 PM

May 2022
Some things that stood out to me;

1. Armored Core: Fires of Rubicon reference. :D (Also Skrim & The Witcher 3)
2. Animation is impressive and art style looks to lean into cost effective they are clearly using the style to their advantage as it looks very good in animation.
3. The sister a a cutie and is well voiced.

I look forward to more of this, looks like an easy watch with potentially interesting animation and entertaining scenes.
LordKirkisApr 7, 2023 8:18 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» I gave this show a 9/10! I've done my part!

LordKirkis - Feb 7

32 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 25, 4:55 PM

» OP versus ED Disparity

absolutelynormal - Apr 29, 2023

15 by StarCry »»
Mar 7, 8:40 PM

» Love the sense of humor in this show!

LordKirkis - Jun 16, 2023

9 by Gator »»
Feb 20, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai One Turn Kill Neesan: Ane Douhan no Isekai Seikatsu Hajimemashita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

68 by Gator »»
Feb 20, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Isekai One Turn Kill Neesan: Ane Douhan no Isekai Seikatsu Hajimemashita Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

39 by Gator »»
Feb 20, 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.