Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2023 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, they really put on a big responsibility on Ravi. It's like she was destined for this since the empire started their moves. 

Not a fan of Grak in this show but I have to admit that he has an important presence with his role. If anything, the Empire should fear him. 
Feb 24, 2023 8:00 AM
Jul 2014
The empire fears no one honestly, with Osborne around.
Feb 24, 2023 8:03 AM

Feb 2008
Nice to see the Trails in the Sky characters there.
Feb 24, 2023 8:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The reparations sure is one hell of a card that the empire played. Nice pic of Klaudia and the liberl team though. Soo Glarks trump card handily provided by the society was the Archaisms huh. Biggest corps yes but mightiest maybe not. Looks like though Glark's intent on proving their might using the Archaisms and ignoring the fact that against the well oiled machine that is the empire they would be nothing more than cannon fodder. Still by being formally identified in her true form at least Lavi would be able to fulfill much of a role as a defender of her home than some nameless jaeger ever would. Nice time for a coup though looks like someone beat them to it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2023 10:41 AM
Oct 2021
Man, that visual of the sky cast felt like some cheap fanservice. Like, the soldiers don't know them and wouldn't have flashbacks showing them so it's just the show going "REMEMBER THEM???"

I liked Glark's speach. He brings up the things that would get the people in the audience on his side. Stirs their emotions and uses their patriotism to mask the fact that he only gave them half answers. If anyone poked into his speach a little bit they would find his claims questionable. But I believe that people would get tricked by his promises.The one thing I didn't like is, as I said last episode, everyone remembers Vlad as a hero? nobody remembers that he hired a child to kill Valestein, another hero before abandoning the Jaegers? I guess everyone is willfully ignoring that part of his history.

Rogan questions Glark, but understands that he's not gonna reveal where he got the archiasms from. I like that that's not said but can be inferred. Glark's power trip feels a bit sudden. Like, chill the fuck out, mate. At least wait until you actually defeated Osbourne before you become him. Man still lives in the boonies and is already talking big about invading the world. Grandiose dilusions, the man has. No doubt pushed by Jayna.

I like the direction they're taking Lavi. It seems like her arch is understanding what being a hero really means. She seems like she's in the same position as Rean, being hailed as a hero. But while Rean didn't want anything to do with that title, she was pushed into using it to boost morale. And she seems like she's making herself believe that that's what she wants. What's gonna follow next is a huge serving of reality check for her, and she'll probably understand that Rean is a true hero when we get to what we know will happen.

Again, I like them calling back to Iseria's advice to Lavi in episode 6 when she told her to use it to her advantage instead of getting used. Things like that bring meaning to previous conversations.

I don't like Glark declaring his evil plans of desposing of Lavi in front of a soldier. Even if he doesn't know he's one of her friends he's still an outsider who has no business being here.

This episode was fine, I might even say it was good up until this point. But then they had the scene where Lavi frees herself. That scene was peak bullshit. I promised to bring this up where appropriate so here it is: Remember episode 3 when Lavi got defeated(Physically) by a random clown dude? Now she can pull her hand out of a soldier's grip, she's heavy enough to knock someone down, can kick a guy so hard his helmet is knocked and he's sent flying to a wall, and of course the last man is just standing there doing nothing as she picks up a weapon, turns around and knocks him out. You couldn't have Iseria come in and bust her out or something, because I guess that'd make too much sense. I like that they even put a gun to her back when they tell her to move, but then that gun is conveniently no longer pointed at her when she stops because we need her to escape.
I'm sorry but I don't believe that a 15 years old can do all of that. That's not stretching my suspense of disbelief, it's fucking chewing it off.

Master Glark is done. Now it's time to know what Jayna's plan is all about. And what the hell Talion is doing beside her.

Also, shoutout to that one voice actor who goes "Uwu! Mastaa Glark!" 34 seconds into the episode. That delivery had mme in stitches.
Secret333Feb 24, 2023 10:45 AM
Feb 24, 2023 12:48 PM

Nov 2009
Secret333 said:
This episode was fine, I might even say it was good up until this point. But then they had the scene where Lavi frees herself. That scene was peak bullshit. I promised to bring this up where appropriate so here it is: Remember episode 3 when Lavi got defeated(Physically) by a random clown dude? Now she can pull her hand out of a soldier's grip, she's heavy enough to knock someone down, can kick a guy so hard his helmet is knocked and he's sent flying to a wall, and of course the last man is just standing there doing nothing as she picks up a weapon, turns around and knocks him out. You couldn't have Iseria come in and bust her out or something, because I guess that'd make too much sense. I like that they even put a gun to her back when they tell her to move, but then that gun is conveniently no longer pointed at her when she stops because we need her to escape.
I'm sorry but I don't believe that a 15 years old can do all of that. That's not stretching my suspense of disbelief, it's fucking chewing it off.

She has leveled up and gained a lot of skill and experience after ep.3  If she fight that clown again now she can easily beat him

And in this universe where a guy with sword, a girl with staff, a guy with baton can easily fight and defeat a military robot armed with automatic firearm, having gun point at you is not a problem at all. There is no need for suspense of disbelief.

And how come you don't believe that a 15 years old can do all of that when a certain purple hair girl with scythe can perform a much more amazing feat when she was younger than Lavi.

Marina2Feb 24, 2023 12:56 PM
Feb 24, 2023 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
Man that freakin member berry shot of some of the TitS cast was so cheap.  At least when they showed Cassius the grunts mentioned him by name
Feb 24, 2023 6:15 PM
Dec 2021
Glark thought Archaisms can rival soldats, Maybe if you bring the large ones sure. Sky cameo was appreciated. Olivier thinking about Osborne insight while the statue of Dreichels is shown is a nice little nod. Yeah the stage is already set, Hoping for Glark vs Aurelia here. Lavi really leveled up during his field trip on Erebonia. Looks like the war will be 3-4 episodes at this pace. We need the after of war(Award ceremony in Heimdallr)
Feb 24, 2023 6:45 PM

Dec 2022
Lavi is officially out of the shadows and mixed up in some real nasty political subterfuge. she's strong, but she better find even more strength quick!
Feb 24, 2023 10:36 PM
Oct 2021
Marina2 said:
Secret333 said:

She has leveled up and gained a lot of skill and experience after ep.3  If she fight that clown again now she can easily beat him

And in this universe where a guy with sword, a girl with staff, a guy with baton can easily fight and defeat a military robot armed with automatic firearm, having gun point at you is not a problem at all. There is no need for suspense of disbelief.

And how come you don't believe that a 15 years old can do all of that when a certain purple hair girl with scythe can perform a much more amazing feat when she was younger than Lavi.

"She has leveled up"  This isn't a game. We don't have anything that would make me believe she's now capable of physicaly overpowering these 3 soldiers the way she did.

"Having a gun point at you is not a problem at all" The problem is they don't even bother to use these guns. they should hurt her at least if they don't kill, but they're just not used.

And about Renne, we know Orobouros have ways to enhance their enforcers strength, plus all the experiments she had done on her. That comparison does not work.

"There's no need for suspense of disbelief." What do you even mean? This is a fictional story. Suspense of disbelief is there by default.
Feb 25, 2023 1:42 PM
May 2020
Why are you hungry up on disbelief about 15 years old doing things in trails. Like even Fie is capable of that and even did probably more than that when she was 14 and even younger during her Jaeger days. She even became notorious enough to be given the moniker slyphead, Lavi did even accomplished anything yet to be give special monicker exept "The heroes Grandchild" which is only due to Vlad's accomplishments and not hers.
Also lore wise Laura is about just as strong as Fie and there are no enhancing shenanigans in there and just pure skill.
Even Sarah is probably already even stronger at 15 in her Jaeger days to be honest.
Also what's up with the hung up of Lavi taking blows from a highly skilled Carnival leader clown guy. Its not like she lost???
Even all the Oroborous members that you fight in game has the "oh, yes we schoolkids kinda seemingly beat them". Yes they do get beat up but "not defeated" and pull the "now I'm actually gonna get serious" and now the school kids gonna need saving from a strong character.
Like that is classic Trails trope bruh. Like what, Duvalie always gets the brunt of this trope but she actually is supposed to be stronger than those multiple fights she has to fumble into taking the Ls. Like bruh, get over it. Trails may have be labeled "good story writing" but it also does rebel with anime tropes and stuff.
Feb 25, 2023 9:37 PM
Jul 2021
what a twist in plot
Feb 25, 2023 11:10 PM

Nov 2009
Secret333 said:
Marina2 said:

"She has leveled up"  This isn't a game. We don't have anything that would make me believe she's now capable of physicaly overpowering these 3 soldiers the way she did.

"Having a gun point at you is not a problem at all" The problem is they don't even bother to use these guns. they should hurt her at least if they don't kill, but they're just not used.

And about Renne, we know Orobouros have ways to enhance their enforcers strength, plus all the experiments she had done on her. That comparison does not work.

"There's no need for suspense of disbelief." What do you even mean? This is a fictional story. Suspense of disbelief is there by default.

The problem is you think her skill, her strength, and her ability will always be at the same through out the show - with zero improvement.

When you are showed that she can beat those soldiers, you should update your idea of her 'capability' as "She can NOW do that" instead of "She shouldn't be able to that"  There is no reason to believe? What does the show need to do to make you believe then? Show her in some training montage? Show her fighting with some stronger opponents than the clown? Oh, WAIT! they already did those things!. More like You just choose to not believe then.

Oh well, even if Renne example doesn't work, I can just say Estelle, Fie, and Laura can do the same or similar thing as Lavi.
Marina2Feb 25, 2023 11:19 PM
Feb 26, 2023 1:55 AM
Oct 2021
Marina2 said:

The problem is you think her skill, her strength, and her ability will always be at the same through out the show - with zero improvement.

When you are showed that she can beat those soldiers, you should update your idea of her 'capability' as "She can NOW do that" instead of "She shouldn't be able to that"  There is no reason to believe? What does the show need to do to make you believe then? Show her in some training montage? Show her fighting with some stronger opponents than the clown? Oh, WAIT! they already did those things!. More like You just choose to not believe then.

Oh well, even if Renne example doesn't work, I can just say Estelle, Fie, and Laura can do the same or similar thing as Lavi.
Where did I say that I think her skills, strength and abilities will always be the same? All I'm advocating for is that we see her growth, or get reasons for her growth because otherwise this is just a dicrepancy in her power level.

" When you are showed that she can beat those soldiers, you should update your idea of her 'capability' as 'She can NOW do that' instead of 'She shouldn't be able to that' " You're now advocating for not questioning the show or the writing. Just believe what they show you even if it's contradictory to something they showed you earlier? I don't think you've made that argument intentionaly, but this is what we have to do if we were to believe the scene where she defeats those soldiers.

The show doesn't do what you suggest. It doesn't have a "training montage", And her fights since episode 3 are not equal to the 1 v1 she had there. She was gonna lose in ep1 if not for her comrades helping her, and she won by stabbing the monster. She defeated one monster by shooting a gun in ep4, she worked with Rean and Altina in ep5. She defeated Talion in ep7, and they were both using their weapons, and you could argue he wasn't in the right mind. None of these equal "Ok now you can physicaly, with no weapons, overpower 3 SOLDIERS, from a position where they had every advantage possible. In strength, numbers, guns, age and weight, and persumebly combat experience".

And a reminder that while we're arguing about Lavi's power level, this is not the only part that I point towards for why that scene is stupid. I guess the soldier holding her just relaxed his entire body when she suddenly stopped walking for her to be able to drag him down, with one arm, while it was in that position? Yeah, no. I guess he forgot about his gun and that his reaction speed is that of a snail that he doesn't just shoot her. I guess the other two also forgot how to pull the trigger on their guns. I guess their helmets are made of paper to not protect them from Lavi's incredible kick. Her weight alone vs theirs is a huge disadvantage. Do you believe that any of this is sensible? And no I'm not asking for pure realism, but to have some sense in the fight scenes. Which this show has proven time and time again that it doesn't have not because of any rules established but just because that's what we need to happen so it happens.

Sonson7 said:
Why are you hungry up on disbelief about 15 years old doing things in trails. Like even Fie is capable of that and even did probably more than that when she was 14 and even younger during her Jaeger days. She even became notorious enough to be given the moniker slyphead, Lavi did even accomplished anything yet to be give  special monicker exept "The heroes Grandchild" which is only due to Vlad's accomplishments and not hers.
Also lore wise Laura is about just as strong as Fie and there are no enhancing shenanigans in there and just pure skill.
Even Sarah is probably already even stronger at 15 in her Jaeger days to be honest.
Also what's up with the hung up of Lavi taking blows from a highly skilled Carnival leader clown guy. Its not like she lost???
Even all the Oroborous members that you fight in game has the "oh, yes we schoolkids kinda seemingly beat them". Yes they do get beat up but "not defeated" and pull the "now I'm actually gonna get serious" and now the school kids gonna need saving from a strong character.
Like that is classic Trails trope bruh. Like what, Duvalie always gets the brunt of this trope but she actually is supposed to be stronger than those multiple fights she has to fumble into taking the Ls. Like bruh, get over it. Trails may have be labeled "good story writing" but it also does rebel with anime tropes and stuff.
You gave a few reasons why every example you've given is different than this anime. Fie has been going on missions with Zephyr ever since she was little and accomplished so much to earn that title, Lavi has only been with the northern jaegers for less than half a year in ep1, and she's been out on missions for even less. And every time we see Fie or Laura fighting enemies, they're accompanied by other class 7 members, and all have their weapons with them. Which leaves room to believe that they can match their enemies through numbers and tactics, and the same goes for most of the games. In a bare-handed fist fight between Fie and Xeno and Leo, do you believe she'd come out on top? No. She always fights them in the games with the rest of class 7, and they barely scrape by.

As you said, a lot of the fights in the game class 7 don't actually win, and need to be bailed out by someone else. This shows care about the power levels, and it's something that I like despite how many people say it's frustrating. The growth of Class 7 is believable because they don't win every battle, because they fail and have to get help from their allies. We see that throughout CS1 and CS2. And then in CS3, which is 1,5 years later, they're the ones saving the new class 7 and bailing them out. Again showing growth in a believable way.

I'm not saying that the games are perfect, and there are definitely instances where the power levels are fucked with to facilitate the plot. And I think they deserve critisicim just like the scene in ep8. We don't stop pointing out a flaw just because "Oh well, it happens in other media so it's fine", and especialy not when it's worse in the anime than in any of the games.
Feb 26, 2023 3:03 AM
May 2020
Sure, it's just weird that you did complain about Lavi getting bodied by the clown guy and now use the " Leo or Zeo will beat Fie or Laura and a fist fight".
Like of course, as I mentioned before the clown guy is a hardened carnival troupe leader so of course he is stronger in strength than Lavi. Like obviously Leo and Zeo will be compared to Laura and Fie. You now get how the Clown guy can outclassed Lavi in raw strength.

And as mentioned how Class VII progress and win as a group. Have you noticed Lavi did not actually solo actual battle in the series thus far with the exception of the Tallion duels and escaping a few Northern Jaeger goons tring to put her under arrest.
The boss fight in episode 1 is a group effort and it's just Lavi is the main DPS. Truck kun was also group effort. Clown Guy with his Mishy goons technically an uncoordinated group effort since tally handled the Mishy goons and Lavi handled the clown leader. The Hot spring was duod by Lavi and Iseria. The worm is a group effort by Lavi, Rean, and Altina.
Also like seriously, you don't need to question how Lavi can beat 3 Northern Jaeger goons, even Elliot can do that.

I get the criticism especially with how the Tallion rematch turned out but, you are obviously so hung up and and up and arms about every W Lavi seems to get.
Feb 26, 2023 6:10 AM

Nov 2009
Secret333 said:
Marina2 said:

Where did I say that I think her skills, strength and abilities will always be the same? All I'm advocating for is that we see her growth, or get reasons for her growth because otherwise this is just a dicrepancy in her power level.

" When you are showed that she can beat those soldiers, you should update your idea of her 'capability' as 'She can NOW do that' instead of 'She shouldn't be able to that' " You're now advocating for not questioning the show or the writing. Just believe what they show you even if it's contradictory to something they showed you earlier? I don't think you've made that argument intentionaly, but this is what we have to do if we were to believe the scene where she defeats those soldiers.

The show doesn't do what you suggest. It doesn't have a "training montage", And her fights since episode 3 are not equal to the 1 v1 she had there. She was gonna lose in ep1 if not for her comrades helping her, and she won by stabbing the monster. She defeated one monster by shooting a gun in ep4, she worked with Rean and Altina in ep5. She defeated Talion in ep7, and they were both using their weapons, and you could argue he wasn't in the right mind. None of these equal "Ok now you can physicaly, with no weapons, overpower 3 SOLDIERS, from a position where they had every advantage possible. In strength, numbers, guns, age and weight, and persumebly combat experience".

And a reminder that while we're arguing about Lavi's power level, this is not the only part that I point towards for why that scene is stupid. I guess the soldier holding her just relaxed his entire body when she suddenly stopped walking for her to be able to drag him down, with one arm, while it was in that position? Yeah, no. I guess he forgot about his gun and that his reaction speed is that of a snail that he doesn't just shoot her. I guess the other two also forgot how to pull the trigger on their guns. I guess their helmets are made of paper to not protect them from Lavi's incredible kick. Her weight alone vs theirs is a huge disadvantage. Do you believe that any of this is sensible? And no I'm not asking for pure realism, but to have some sense in the fight scenes. Which this show has proven time and time again that it doesn't have not because of any rules established but just because that's what we need to happen so it happens.

You sure very nick picking about every single details on Lavi scenes. Well, fine if that how you gonna do it, allow me to do little nick picking as well then.

Lavi was introduced as someone who is considered to be better than most of her peers. In fact, she has been appointed as their instructor. This is a foreshadow of her personal skill and ability. Lavi body have high durability. In episode 5, she fell down from high place, land on the rock with her back and suffered no major injury. She also have great acrobatic ability and strong legs - through out the show, you can see that she can jump high and many of her attack involve jumping down on her opponent to kick them or attack them with weapon. Overall, we can say that she is a lot stronger than normal people.

Now let's talk about that scene IN DETAILS.

1. Firstly, take a good note of the position of 4 people. Lavi was being held by 1 Soldier ( We will call him "A")  while other 2 of them ("B" and "C") was walking very closely behind.

2. Lavi, as skilled combatant, used some kind of technique to forcefully free her hand, and also made "A" who was holding her lost his balance for short duration. This sudden unexpected  action also caught B and C by surprise, delaying their response.

3. Then, just as "A"  managed to regain his balance and while "B" + "C" started to recover from their surprise and about to use their weapon,  Lavi, surprised them "again" by quickly jumped up to the air. This quick and surprising movement has forced them to stop what they were about to do and instinctively look up to search for her, delaying their response by maybe a second)

5. Lavi then spinning her body to increase her momentum, and fell back down on A.

6. Lavi used her momentum along with her strength, crushed "A" to the ground, knocked him out. While she was doing this  "B" and "C' were hesitating to shoot her because they don't want to accidentally hit "A"

NOTE: to be fair to these solders, 1-4  probably happened within 5-7 seconds in real time. And it's not that these solders have snailed reaction but Lavi just moved too fast for them to react and when they finally reacted Lavi already make next quick move to surprise them again 

5. After she knocked "A" out, Lavi quickly spin her body, increase her momentum, and made super kick on the neck of nearby "B". The powerful blunt impact was strong enough to send the force through his helmets, knocking him out.

6. Then she quickly took B weapon, and rush to C, who was either too afraid to shoot at her way out of fear that he might hit "B" (Let me remind you that they were standing very close to each other) or maybe he was stunned by how the event quickly unfolded before his eyes. In any case, "C" was too slow to make his moment and allow Lavi to make a clean hit on him, knocking him out.

That concludes my explanation.

There is no reason to believe that a three random soldiers/bodyguard (who have never showed how strong or skilled they are) are physically stronger or more skilled than Lavi, an established character that we have seen in many fight throughout the show and have in-story evidence to support her ability.

Feb 26, 2023 11:23 AM
Oct 2021
Marina2 said:
Secret333 said:

You sure very nick picking about every single details on Lavi scenes. Well, fine if that how you gonna do it, allow me to do little nick picking as well then.

Lavi was introduced as someone who is considered to be better than most of her peers. In fact, she has been appointed as their instructor. This is a foreshadow of her personal skill and ability. Lavi body have high durability. In episode 5, she fell down from high place, land on the rock with her back and suffered no major injury. She also have great acrobatic ability and strong legs - through out the show, you can see that she can jump high and many of her attack involve jumping down on her opponent to kick them or attack them with weapon. Overall, we can say that she is a lot stronger than normal people.

Now let's talk about that scene IN DETAILS.

1. Firstly, take a good note of the position of 4 people. Lavi was being held by 1 Soldier ( We will call him "A")  while other 2 of them ("B" and "C") was walking very closely behind.

2. Lavi, as skilled combatant, used some kind of technique to forcefully free her hand, and also made "A" who was holding her lost his balance for short duration. This sudden unexpected  action also caught B and C by surprise, delaying their response.

3. Then, just as "A"  managed to regain his balance and while "B" + "C" started to recover from their surprise and about to use their weapon,  Lavi, surprised them "again" by quickly jumped up to the air. This quick and surprising movement has forced them to stop what they were about to do and instinctively look up to search for her, delaying their response by maybe a second)

5. Lavi then spinning her body to increase her momentum, and fell back down on A.

6. Lavi used her momentum along with her strength, crushed "A" to the ground, knocked him out. While she was doing this  "B" and "C' were hesitating to shoot her because they don't want to accidentally hit "A"

NOTE: to be fair to these solders, 1-4  probably happened within 5-7 seconds in real time. And it's not that these solders have snailed reaction but Lavi just moved too fast for them to react and when they finally reacted Lavi already make next quick move to surprise them again 

5. After she knocked "A" out, Lavi quickly spin her body, increase her momentum, and made super kick on the neck of nearby "B". The powerful blunt impact was strong enough to send the force through his helmets, knocking him out.

6. Then she quickly took B weapon, and rush to C, who was either too afraid to shoot at her way out of fear that he might hit "B" (Let me remind you that they were standing very close to each other) or maybe he was stunned by how the event quickly unfolded before his eyes. In any case, "C" was too slow to make his moment and allow Lavi to make a clean hit on him, knocking him out.

That concludes my explanation.

There is no reason to believe that a three random soldiers/bodyguard (who have never showed how strong or skilled they are) are physically stronger or more skilled than Lavi, an established character that we have seen in many fight throughout the show and have in-story evidence to support her ability.

Just because she climbed the ranks higher does not mean she should be able to perform supernatural moves. And she's only the instructor for the newbies, and teaches them how to shoot. She's not her own squad's captain, nor is she higher than the other soldiers in ep1. "Skill and ability" is not a free get out of jail card that you can use to explain her supernatural moves.
" Lavi body have high durability. In episode 5, she fell down from high place, land on the rock with her back and suffered no major injury." Yeah, I know. That's bullshit. Instead of questioning how she doesn't suffer any injuries we just go "Yeah she's super durable"?

As for the explanation:

2- "She uses some kind of technique" Being vague is not what I'd call an explanation. Need some help? She puts her arm up a couple of seconds before pulling it down to free it. If that's enough for her to free her arm from the man's grip then we have to concede that they have noodles for fingers.

3- "Then, just as "A"  managed to regain his balance and while "B" + "C" started to recover from their surprise and about to use their weapon,  Lavi, surprised them "again" by quickly jumped up to the air. This quick and surprising movement has forced them to stop what they were about to do and instinctively look up to search for her, delaying their response by maybe a second."
You and I seem to disagree on how fast a soldier should be able to aim and pull a trigger. Do you see how slowly she goes up and then down? It's more than enough to move out of the way for A, and more than enough for B and C to shoot. And I don't buy that "They're surprised that's why!"

4- "Lavi used her momentum along with her strength, crushed "A" to the ground, knocked him out. While she was doing this  "B" and "C' were hesitating to shoot her because they don't want to accidentally hit "A" "
No signs of that in the actual scene. They point their guns at her. The only thing the show relays is that Lavi spins faster than they shoot, which is nonsense. This point is an attempt to explain something that doesn't make sense by adding info that the show doesn't give, nor can be interpreted because again, they were absolutely getting ready to shoot. Or are you saying they just do that to threaten her? because I remember you saying earlier that having a gun pointed at you is no problem at all in this world.

1-2 seconds is enough to react. If you think 5-7 seconds of them being surprised by everyone of her moves is ok then let's agree to disagree on that.

5- Look at the scene again. She lands with her legs aroung A's neck, and on her knees. The next time we see her she's freed her legs and is now on all fours ready to spin. So she did that, got in position to spin, spin, deliver a kick without B or C even trying to do anything about that. This is not even considering that that move is nonsense.

And your last point makes a great arguement for why C shouldn't be a soldier. In fact, none of them should. This was not an explanation. You don't even know how Lavi frees herself, you think them not reacting at all is justified, and you think Lavi's moves make any kind of sense.

If the show had the soldiers stop her and detain her, would you have complained that Lavi should've been able to defeat them? Or would that hypothetical scene make sense too?

"There is no reason to believe that a three random soldiers/bodyguard (who have never showed how strong or skilled they are) are physically stronger or more skilled than Lavi, an established character that we have seen in many fight throughout the show and have in-story evidence to support her ability."
No reasons at all. Except the fact that they're...soldiers/bodyguards. Bigger than her. Have been jaegers for longer. And every other advantage I've already mentioned. We shouldn't encourge enemies to be like stormtroopers. Then again, this show has been spitting on the idea of compitent soldiers since episode 1 so if you wanna make the arguement that they're too stupid for trained soldiers then I'd agree with you.
And the established power of Lavi is that she wasn't able to 1 v 1 one man. Now she can defeat 3 with one move for each.

Having inconsistent power levels ruins stakes. There's no point in paying attention to the show if it just goes however the writers want without any consistency. So call them nitpicks if you want. I'll still care about these details.

Feb 26, 2023 11:41 AM
Jun 2014
Best episode so far. The show is pretty grey and that's the way to go. Keep it that way. 
Feb 27, 2023 9:37 AM

Jan 2013
The razing of Celdic was a request from imperial citizens but it was a request to do a war crime and the Empire was also in the middle of a civil war. The North Ambrians effectively sided with the Noble alliance by accepting the request so no shit the old government is gonna be pissed when they win the war and come back into power. They decided to pick a side, they picked the losing side and now have to deal with the consequences.
I do know all the backstory on why Osborne is doing this and I'm sure the amount of reparations demanded was absurd but that's my take on the substance of the issue at least.
Feb 27, 2023 1:58 PM

Aug 2016
Yeah. This is the episode that I'm starting to have an issue with the series. Disappointed in the direction they went with Glark.
Feb 28, 2023 9:08 AM

Oct 2008
when you've obtained power, you don't show it to everyone! sly foes will get the best out of you...
3/5.

Feb 28, 2023 11:46 AM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby anime gods, talk about a cliff hanger!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 1, 2023 9:15 AM

Aug 2018
Raytheon_Thunder said:
Yeah. This is the episode that I'm starting to have an issue with the series. Disappointed in the direction they went with Glark.
Exact opposite for me, this show was a snooze fest until the end of this episode. Finally something I wasn't expecting happened 
Mar 1, 2023 9:22 AM
Oct 2014
Secret333 said:
Man, that visual of the sky cast felt like some cheap fanservice. Like, the soldiers don't know them and wouldn't have flashbacks showing them so it's just the show going "REMEMBER THEM???"

I liked Glark's speach. He brings up the things that would get the people in the audience on his side. Stirs their emotions and uses their patriotism to mask the fact that he only gave them half answers. If anyone poked into his speach a little bit they would find his claims questionable. But I believe that people would get tricked by his promises.The one thing I didn't like is, as I said last episode, everyone remembers Vlad as a hero? nobody remembers that he hired a child to kill Valestein, another hero before abandoning the Jaegers? I guess everyone is willfully ignoring that part of his history.

Rogan questions Glark, but understands that he's not gonna reveal where he got the archiasms from. I like that that's not said but can be inferred. Glark's power trip feels a bit sudden. Like, chill the fuck out, mate. At least wait until you actually defeated Osbourne before you become him. Man still lives in the boonies and is already talking big about invading the world. Grandiose dilusions, the man has. No doubt pushed by Jayna.

I like the direction they're taking Lavi. It seems like her arch is understanding what being a hero really means. She seems like she's in the same position as Rean, being hailed as a hero. But while Rean didn't want anything to do with that title, she was pushed into using it to boost morale. And she seems like she's making herself believe that that's what she wants. What's gonna follow next is a huge serving of reality check for her, and she'll probably understand that Rean is a true hero when we get to what we know will happen.

Again, I like them calling back to Iseria's advice to Lavi in episode 6 when she told her to use it to her advantage instead of getting used. Things like that bring meaning to previous conversations.

I don't like Glark declaring his evil plans of desposing of Lavi in front of a soldier. Even if he doesn't know he's one of her friends he's still an outsider who has no business being here.

Master Glark is done. Now it's time to know what Jayna's plan is all about. And what the hell Talion is doing beside her.

Also, shoutout to that one voice actor who goes "Uwu! Mastaa Glark!" 34 seconds into the episode. That delivery had mme in stitches.

I literally went to 34 seconds just to hear that after I finished the episode , it was oooo master glark but uwu sounds sm better ahahaga
Mar 3, 2023 12:37 PM

Jul 2008
A coup huh? Welp....everyone is screwed.
Nov 15, 2023 9:13 AM
Aug 2013
things happened but, boy did they take forever to get here kinda of burned out by this point

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

31 by Kenchiin »»
Jan 23, 8:46 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

14 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

17 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2023

19 by Volvagia »»
Nov 6, 2023 8:53 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2023

35 by Volvagia »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.