Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2022 12:19 PM

Nov 2013
Can somebody explain why did the Ghost Devil suddenly stopped fighting Aki and gave him that cigarette; and why did it say "easy revenge"? If it was obeying Akane, then... why do that?
Dec 27, 2022 12:25 PM

Jun 2019
Perfect as usual.
Dec 27, 2022 12:30 PM

Jan 2015
Another one that ends the anime and I need to go read the manga, let's go!!!!!!!
Trying my best with english d-_-b
Dec 27, 2022 12:34 PM

Apr 2008
Overall, the series was ok, but the ending was actually great. Love the chemistry between the 3 of them. And also the ending song from this episode. From the 12 ones, this one is my favorite.
Dec 27, 2022 12:40 PM

Apr 2016
So Chainsaw Man finally come to an end. Honestly, it was a mixed bag. On the positive side of things I can say that if nothing else, the anime was a mostly faithful adaption of the manga, with the exception of some scenes like the Muscle Devil being cut for no particular reason. Well that's not completely true. We were given a reason, but I'll get into that later. Also, when the anime wanted to look good it looked really good, which was mostly during the more quiet scenes. From the cinematography and beautiful shots, to the background music, this is probably the one place where the most effort was put in by Mappa. The anime was just dripping with atmosphere. And contrary to many people, I generally liked the majority of the VA cast. Makima was weird for sure, but the rest did a fantastic job. However, despite the show looking good during the more quiet scenes, it looked absolutely dreadful during the fight scenes, minus the Leech Devil. And it's not just because of the over-usage of CGI, but the often bland and downright bad choreography. Some of the shots during the Katana Man vs Aki fight were particularly abysmal. It's honestly astonishing how a single guy in his basement can do a better job at adapting that fight than a team of professionals. And I know someone will tell me how I have no right to criticize Mappa because their staff is over-worked and underpaid, and yes, that's a really scummy thing on Mappa's part, but it has to be pointed out. Not like me typing this will somehow physically of psychologically hurt the staff in any way. They won't even see it, so who even cares.

Speaking of quiet moments, I want to get into the topic of certain scenes being removed. Apparently, from what I've read at least, Mappa decided to remove certain scenes that felt like filler and replace them with something more substantial as well extend the fights, since admittedly, the fights in the manga were fairly short. Unfortunately, I saw none of the former, with the exception of one conversation between Makima and Denji being extended, while everything else was the same. So why am I even bringing this up? A major problem I had with Part 1 of the manga was how Fujimoto opted to use a lot of his characters as cannon fodder for shock value. This is exemplified during the opening episode of the Katana Man arc. I didn't really cared when the characters kicked the bucked. I mean, does anyone care about Arai? I doubt it. Himeno's death was also kinda meh. When I first read the manga I was shocked for sure because her death came fast and out of nowhere. But looking back at it now, it felt like it was just there to shock the audience. Even the anime couldn't make me feel anything with its admittedly emotional track and stellar voice acting by Mariya Ise. In the end all I could do is shrug. Mappa promised to give us more scenes with these characters in order to flesh them out properly and make what's to come more impactful, but in the end it was exactly the same as in the manga. The problem is that in it's attempt (even obsession) with making CSM feel more than a simple anime but a cinematic masterpiece, the staff spent a lot of time on irrelevant shit like Aki's morning routine, or repeating 7 minutes from a previous episode with weird camera angles, or just looking "kino". A lot of that time could have been spent adding more scenes with Arai and Himeno before their deaths. Meanwhile, the fights were extended but made more boring as a result. The reasons why they worked so well in the manga was because they were short and sweet. Here, the fights feel like a chore to go through and it doesn't help how bland they are in comparison. They just lack the "rawness", for a lack of a better term.

For my last point, there's a sever lack of impactful tracks, barring the scene with Himeno I mentioned earlier. I've noticed that the third ED was used at least two or three times during major fights, and when that isn't used we get some pretty generic wub wub music that doesn't really fit the series in my opinion. The anime could have definitely benefited from some more high octane metal tracks or something like that. Think Mick Gordon's styles. Overall, I'm left kind of disappointed. It's not bad by any means, but it's not very good either. I'll most likely watch the inevitable season 2 only because later arcs of the manga are fantastic, but I don't really have high hopes for the quality of the anime.
Vlad4oDec 27, 2022 12:43 PM
May 2022
CLIFF HANGER BROOOOOOOO
Apr 2020
banger finale ep for csm
the show is still only getting started
can't wait for s2 and reze arc
Dec 27, 2022 12:42 PM
Aug 2021
That kick in the balls was satisfying
Dec 27, 2022 12:42 PM
Jul 2021
omg ending with Reze and her voice so excited for next season I'll fall in love with Lady Reze all over again 😍
Dec 27, 2022 12:44 PM
Sep 2022
Nice animations and emotionals
Dec 27, 2022 12:45 PM
Jun 2021
KANLen09 said:
it's a definitive end for an OK song
i was expecting more as well
Dec 27, 2022 12:49 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Denji! Denji doesn´t open the door!! Well, a new future power? kekeke

Nice season, good anime

8/10 kekeke
Dec 27, 2022 12:51 PM
Jun 2013
An incredibly underwhelming season finale to an already overrated and overhyped anime.

6/10 overall. I'll watch the second season, but I'm not excited.
Dec 27, 2022 1:03 PM
Apr 2018
pochita pochita.
Nov 2019
I like the revenge to KatanaBalls Man part. It's funny but also sad to watch when Aki recalled Himeno senpai during his revenge.
Also hearing Pochita voice and seeing that new character who probably knows about Denji at the end make me feel hyped for part 2.

*Non Manga Reader
Sep 2020
the show was nothing special to be honest, the animation was great story and the world seems interesting enough, but the characters....there lies the biggest problem for me at least, none of them are interesting (ok maybe makima) I don't feel attached to them especially the main character, overall it was ok 7/10
Dec 27, 2022 1:04 PM
Jan 2022
Hunter x Hunter reference
Dec 27, 2022 1:05 PM
Aug 2018
very good :)))))))
Dec 27, 2022 1:14 PM
Apr 2017
That was some good shit
Dec 27, 2022 1:16 PM
Nov 2022
the animation, the fights and the overall conclusion of the arc was decent enough but felt rushed and wasn't satisfying.
Dec 27, 2022 1:22 PM
Sep 2022
Good animation and good history, i hope there is a second season!!
Dec 27, 2022 1:25 PM
Oct 2013
Solid shonen, enjoyed the show!
8/10 very good
Dec 27, 2022 1:26 PM
Jul 2022
W episode as always
Dec 27, 2022 1:28 PM
Feb 2021
Best episode of CSM, also had the best fighting scene i saw in times...
Dec 27, 2022 1:37 PM
Jan 2019
iamdunovus said:
Can somebody explain why did the Ghost Devil suddenly stopped fighting Aki and gave him that cigarette; and why did it say "easy revenge"? If it was obeying Akane, then... why do that?
It didn't want to obey akane. Only did because she used the power of the snake to capture it. When she summons it in ep 11 she says "spit it out" instead of swallow. The purpose of this is to show that devils can care about humans. Ghost enjoyed himeno enough to save aki.
Dec 27, 2022 1:42 PM
May 2021
Reze Best Grill 10/10
Dec 27, 2022 1:47 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, the last episode was… OK at best. But like at best best, because this one was the most underwhelming finale I’ve seen in a while.
Still a 9/10, but this one left a bad taste in my mouth. At least we got a good teaser by the end
Dec 27, 2022 1:48 PM
Mar 2022
so good but a lot of nothing clare
Dec 27, 2022 1:54 PM
Sep 2022
episode went by really fast, thought the fights would be longer (not that this is a bad thing, just what I initially expected). this episode was really ok to be honest. my favourite part about this series are the visuals/aesthetic, which I absolutely love. most importantly, it was enjoyable for me aside from himeno being a pedophile for no reason. i didn’t really love the series, but i thought it was really good, so i’ll rate it a 7/10. probably will get a second season, and I’m definitely looking forward to seeing the other characters introduced last episode and reze, and whatever is coming next.
ArrokothDec 27, 2022 1:59 PM
Dec 27, 2022 1:56 PM
Sep 2020
felt underwhelming, but the outro was a banger
Dec 27, 2022 2:00 PM
Mar 2021
The Eve ending was a masterpiece :)
Dec 27, 2022 2:05 PM

Mar 2016
What a journey, right as we get the final piece to finding the gun devil, it ends. Luckily I bought the next 3 volumes of the manga in anticipation of some kind of cliffhanger. Quite a refreshing series to watch for someone like me who doesn't watch much anime anymore. Having a different ending each episode was also a part that I loved, but I can't imagine how much it must've cost. Overall a great adaptation.
Dec 27, 2022 2:05 PM
Oct 2021
Great show, you can discern the masterful work of the director with how cinematic and intricately paced it is. My only real qualm with the show is the studio's choice which somewhat doesn't feel right for this franchise, this might be because of the faded color palette or the unapologetic CGI shots at times.

Despite these factors, I still thoroughly enjoyed this adaptation. It certainly diverges from the manga with it being too mechanical or "lacking creativity and vibrance" at certain points.

Instead, I believe we got a breath of fresh air with this direction that implements Hollywood-like movie-reel structure, thoughtful pacing, and great storyboarding and sound design in Fujimoto's work.
Dec 27, 2022 2:08 PM

Dec 2016
So, the bright idea of these baddies was to wait for the heroes to waltz thru swarms of slow and slugish zombie hordes? Haven't they learn anything from their previous encounters? How did they expect to win against Denji and his all mighty master that can kill you just by naming you. The part where the Katana guy asks Denji to just let them kill him is equality moronic based on the same logic.

Even though Aki doesn't feel anymore like a Sasuke copycat, I feel that the whole sequence between him and Himeno about the last cigarrette should had been placed way back when she was still alive and serve as foreshadowing. Presented last minute to ignite Aki's plot armor feels pretty weak and last minute thinking from the author.

Despite that the show grabbed my attention after the turning point in episode 8, I still don't see it fulfilling the status given by the fandom as the next coming of Jesus in the oversaturated battle shonen genre. (specially when Denji has to use the common cheater blade technique in this episode).

But at least I have to give credit where it's due and the whole cinematographic style with very aluring POV scenes that allow better immersion into the setting and the characters. So I'll give it a 7.5/10.
Dec 27, 2022 2:21 PM
Aug 2022
n'ouvre pas la porte
Dec 27, 2022 2:22 PM
Jan 2021
god tier, now i dont know what to do with my life
Dec 27, 2022 2:25 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
And with that, we're done with probably the most produced anime of the year and I gotta say, the result was really nice in spite of probably how overworked the animators have been.

I'm a manga reader so I already knew the story was good, but seeing it animated is a whole different story. The attention to detail is insane. The different camera shots and pacing definitely give this adaptation a different vibe, focusing a bit more on taking in what the characters feel and their perspective. This last bit is further emphasized by the added scenes and reanimated ones from someone's point of view (Himeno, Aki).

The music is great as well. I can't really say how many times I've played the opening but every time I do I find a new reference while bopping. The endings as well don't fall short and their continuos certainly kept them fresh. Nonetheless I can't say I remember them all but I'll be sure to check them out later. Characters were also a strong point here. Good to revisit them compared to how they are now and see the reactions of the ones who don't know their fate.

It's not perfect though as the cgi is a tiny bit noticeable in some scenes with a lack of polish and there were also multiple Makima ass shots added here. But hey, I'm not here to nitpick so I don't consider them to be as huge detriments as others have made them out to be.

Overall, a blast that I'll be sure to keep up with whenever the continuation, be that a movie or season, comes out.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 27, 2022 2:32 PM
Jun 2021
good chapter, good animation, good anime
Dec 27, 2022 2:35 PM
Oct 2021
That teaser at the end was PERFECT
Dec 27, 2022 2:37 PM
Dec 2022
so amazing loved it all and the animation was incredible at the fight
Dec 27, 2022 2:44 PM
Oct 2021
What a great episode to end this season
Dec 27, 2022 2:48 PM

Mar 2014
Everyone knew this was waaay overhyped from the start so there's that.

Regardless a great anime the nevertheless, but boy I know we haven't reached the juicy parts just yet!

At this point might just read the manga、 was hoping to see a season 2 announcement.  If it said summer or fall next year, I would have jumped on the manga anyways.

Best character Kobeni,
Denji is cool and funny for a kid just wish he wasn't such a simp or a "dog" to Makima.

Makima... is waaay to suspicious for my taste and honestly can't read her which makes me cautious of her.

Power...Gotta say someone with the name "Power" barely presented any of it this season LOL, hope she does in the near future.

Aki, waay rather he lives longer and cool it a bit down with the revenge he has got going on. He's too chilled and cool that's it be a shame to lose him.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 27, 2022 2:52 PM

Aug 2022
Awesome last episode, the fight between Ghost and Aki was really heartbreaking, while Denji vs Swordguy was so badass! And the revenge Denji and Aki took together, was so satisfying! Looking forward to seeing this continuing (hopefully!)!!
Dec 27, 2022 3:02 PM
Feb 2022
finished this show, now i have one less series to worry about till i clear out my list

the katana man fight was okay, and i have no interest to see the next season at this point
Dec 27, 2022 3:08 PM
Jun 2019
Shit chainsawman was so short
Dec 27, 2022 3:11 PM
Oct 2022
why didn't they tell us who won the contest
Dec 27, 2022 3:16 PM
Aug 2022
can't believe season 1 finished already! it really didn't feel all that long ago when the first episode came out back in october.
this was a great watch and i'm definitely invested. i'll have to start reading the manga because there's no way i'm waiting over a year to know what happens next. overall this season is a solid 9/10 for me.
for the episode itself, this was pretty good and i don't have any complaints. the action did not disappoint. i'm not one who usually cares for action so me complimenting that aspect so much is a huge thing.
though i will say i'm not to big of a fan of sawatari or whatever that snake girl's name is. she felt pretty underdeveloped and flat as a character. ah well. it was funny seeing aki and denji kick the katana guy's nuts.
the slice of life ending was amazing too. calm before the storm, as they say.
Dec 27, 2022 3:22 PM

Jan 2021
Denji is the nut devil 💀
Dec 27, 2022 3:22 PM

Apr 2016
Such a profoundly beautiful scene with two guys kicking another guy in the nuts LOL
That tag teasing a certain character at the end made me super excited, please announce season 2 as soon as possible!!
I have officially decided that this is one of my top 5 anime of all time, I love how it was able to both adapt the source material beautifully and also elevate it in many ways. I really appreciate all the passion that clearly went in to making this adaptation, it deserves all the success and recognition for that.
Guess we'll wait for season 2 now, and in the meantime enjoy the manga!
Dec 27, 2022 3:23 PM

Feb 2020
Ah yes, a single father with his son and daughter.

This episode had some nice action in it. And I'm pretty sure the fight on the train was a spiderman reference so I thought that was dope, as a Spidey fan. I'm still sad about himmy's death so Aki & Denji kicking his balls was an enjoyable sight to see lmao.

Overall, cool show, great fun, nice visuals, that's all that really matters. 8.5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

388 by PokefanPT »»
May 4, 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.