Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 24, 2022 4:27 AM

Nov 2011
This will go down as one of the most memorable holidays ever, at least for Uzaki. We got all the cast back too, even the damn cat!

Sakurai should take a break once in awhile though. He looked super tired. Overall, a fun show though imo.
Dec 24, 2022 4:29 AM

Jul 2017
While Fujio is in existential crisis with Sakurai being in love with his own daughter, the stripping game at home is in full effect, plus the drunkenness.

What truly happened is Uzaki, Yanagi and Sakurai playing a game, and other than the stable underage Yanagi, both Uzaki and Sakurai got into the hellscape that the fther is seeing, and even Tsuki too herself is drunk in misunderstandings lols. A ride home would suffice for the Senpai who got drunk thanks to Fujio, and he relents the both of them being able to hang out more at their place. Though getting Sakurai down on his futon and sub-consciously speaking while Uzaki embraces him, it's sweet, but it's not morally right at the same time if Uzaki took advantage of Sakurai right when things were looking great, and feelings were reciprocated. Welp, almost forgot about Ami and her dad lols, and they would pay good money for ANYTHING concerning the both of them, even if it's spicy material.

Sure, in the moment of haste, people would forget things, but when remembered, it comes back like a crush. Most ceertainly, this is felt back home during New Year's Eve where Sakurai and his father Shinichi fought for stepping on unnecessary landmines, at a time where they should be going to the shrine to see the stereotypical New Year's sunrise. But damn, after 2 seasons that Sakurai FINALLY be exposed that Uzaki has been inching towards the dense male with everyone watching in tow, until Sakurai makes a move, it's frustrating. But at least he admits that he likes Uzaki...AND THAT DARN KUSO CAT LOLS.

A good follow-up season, though a slow progress in the relationship.
KANLen09Dec 24, 2022 8:00 AM
Dec 24, 2022 4:58 AM

Apr 2010
In the end no confession but at least they both realise their feelings for each other.
And it seems their families approve as well including a certain dad.
Now they question is how will their relationship progress, hopefully we will be able to see it in a third season.
Dec 24, 2022 6:28 AM
May 2022
good show...but the most entertaining part are the ending song n visual this season 
Dec 24, 2022 6:51 AM

Nov 2016
These cat faces are killing me xDD

Let's hang out in S3 too. Can't wait for it.

8/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2022 6:59 AM

May 2016
A girl's stripping a guy, it's normal and OK 👍
Someday we will get an anime with a guys stripping a girl for comedy purpose, oh wait that ain't something right to do.
Anyway i wasn't really expecting to see a confession at the end of the 2nd season, but their relationship did get some development somehow, hoping for a 3rd season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2022 7:02 AM
Mar 2022
Broooooooooo, He was SO CLOSE to confessing 😭
Dec 24, 2022 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
Im more interested in Ami and itsuhito's development then Sakurai and Hana at this point.

That final moment fit the series but it was such a let down.

Still better then season one but not by much.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 24, 2022 7:46 AM
May 2020
Maybe we'll get a ova for official confession
Dec 24, 2022 8:06 AM

Feb 2019
Kusocat always wins in the end lmao. Died when I seen sakurai with its face in his underwear and then the sunrise!

Wish he would’ve had the courage to confess to uzaki, but I guess that would kind of kill some of the fun of the story. So looking forward to a season 3

I’d say this season was slightly better than season 1 if only just for Ami and Itsuhito’s antics. Also Hana and sakurai families were great
Dec 24, 2022 8:08 AM
Oct 2016
In typical romcom fashion this second season of Uzaki made tons of progress with the main couple while also not making Amy progress at all. More or less that's how it went, Sakurai almost pulled it off at the end but of course he's not ready yet. It took the man over a year to realize Uzaki likes him so getting the courage to ask her out could take even longer. The comedy kept up with the first season, I love the cast and how crazy they can get. New addition of Uzaki dad Fujio made it even better. This season had the same cozy energy of the first, I love the main couple Uzaki and Sakurai. They work very well together with the teasing and playful banter. It comes with the expectation of course that the romance will be a slow burn. However this season while not getting us to the finish line did have some substantial progress. Keeping the status quo in check at the same time by not finishing the lead up off just yet. Sakurai has now become fully accepted by Uzaki family whom all enjoy his company in their own ways. Sakurai has also settled lingering grudges with his dad whom helped him connect how this situation could be making Uzaki feel and look. So yes there's no confession or kiss yet but this season felt like a lot of table setting. Having both our leads get all their doubts and misgivings and unresolved feelings dealt with. I hope we get a third season so now they can make progress off this.

80/100
Dec 24, 2022 8:11 AM

Oct 2016
that was probably the worst timing to end the show lmao
hopefully they adapt more, either in an OVA or another season, i kinda like how Hana changes
Dec 24, 2022 8:12 AM

Feb 2021
No way they ended there. 

All of this just for no confession at the end of the season?

LAMEEEEE

Dec 24, 2022 8:53 AM
Feb 2022
Tantos idas y vueltas para dejarlo aquí. En fin, espero que estos dos terminen juntos pronto.
Dec 24, 2022 8:58 AM
Sep 2015
I think it's reasonable that Senpai doesn't confess yet. Even if he confess now, it'd be out of his responsibility, not love, which might make things even worse. He needs more time, and luckily there's one year left in the university.
Dec 24, 2022 9:01 AM
May 2020
I still feel as tho there were more highs in this season than the first one but oh well
Dec 24, 2022 9:09 AM

Aug 2008
This can't be dragged out for much longer, S3 needs closure to this hesitancy between those two especially now that they have realized their feelings.  I guess next season Hana needs to meet Shinichi's parents and get some humor from there but in the end the story needs to close.  Shinichi only has one more year of university anyway so the end should be nigh!  

I felt like this season had moments of highs and lows both.  Will end a high 7/10 I think.  That episode of Hana's brother and his feeling inadequate... ugh.
Dec 24, 2022 9:24 AM

Jan 2010
fuji-san should know that hana won't find anyone better than saku, but oh well he plays his role as father hating all boys that his daughter brings home.

it would've ended better with a confession but maybe with this there is hope for another season I guess.
Dec 24, 2022 9:26 AM
Nov 2021
I was thinking that this is the moment
but here we go again.......there are many more seasons waiting i guess 🤣
Dec 24, 2022 9:30 AM

Mar 2021
The scene where uzaki and her sister were stripping sakurai while he was drunk, now let's swap the places between uzaki and sakurai so it would be sakurai stripping uzaki while she is drunk and taking photos of her bare naked body and sending it to other people, now tell me would you see the show same way than you do right now ?

If you think

Danganronpa character voice in English is better than Japanese

Please Get Some Help

Dec 24, 2022 9:46 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It's frustrating to see how tedious Sakurai and Hana's relationship has become. Just when we thought we was going to get a confession, the great Kuso cat appears because he's the star of the show. At least the two of them aware of their feelings for each other and they have gotten Fujiro's approval. What was hilarious was that Sakurai was the last person to find out that Hana likes him when everyone around him knew all along as the guy can never take a hint. The real highlight of Season 2 was the dynamics Uzaki and Sakurai families. The soundtrack was really good too. It will be hard for people to buy into a third season if it gets announced due to a lack of progression between Hana and Sakurai and I haven't fully caught up on the manga. Maybe we'll get a confession closer towards Sakurai's graduation. Only time will tell.

7/10
Dec 24, 2022 9:58 AM

Apr 2021
I'm not really satified with the ending, but for them this is definitely progress :D

But what's so funny about the cat? those silly reaction faces are really unncessary 
Dec 24, 2022 10:00 AM
Dec 2021
What a god damn Coward!
Dec 24, 2022 10:23 AM
Apr 2022
why can't they just make the smallest amount of progress. I like the characters, and the show as a whole, but my god they give you the slightest hint of progress and then they put that damn cat up and "oh nvm we'll just go with the status quo" like it's an episode of family guy and they need to undo any lasting changes at the end. Like the balance between "romance" and "comedy" is off. I'm hoping that season 3 can fix this balance, so we can see some good comedy, and actual meaningful romantic progress. 
CelesteMangoNyaDec 24, 2022 10:31 AM
Dec 24, 2022 10:23 AM
Jun 2022
Lame ass frustating Episode. Seriously you building everything up to the point and the last screen you show me is a retard overused unfunny cat ?

1/10 It's more than I can give to this crap final EP.
meliesearthDec 24, 2022 10:42 AM
Dec 24, 2022 10:26 AM

Feb 2020
It was a heartwarming season with some funny jokes and new characters thrown into the mix. I don't like that it didn't end with a confession. Kusocat was funny but still wasn't happy. I guess this will actually end with them getting together and no after relationship stuff? Don't read the manga so no clue. I was hoping to see some after relationship material.
Dec 24, 2022 11:15 AM
Feb 2021
audible prolonged sigh
Dec 24, 2022 11:23 AM

Jun 2015
I thought for just a moment at sunrise we were about to get full continuum collapse. But then he bottled it. Next season pls!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 24, 2022 12:15 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
What a site to return to for Fuji, I’m surprised he didn’t lose his shit lol, I guess it could have been worse tho, and Ami paying for the pics Yanagi took later was hilarious lol. And that moment between drunk Sakurai and Uzaki was awesome, and what made it even greater is that Sakurai actually remembers it lol, and it even ended up being what helped Sakurai realize that Uzaki likes him, it was funny how Sakurai felt the need to disclose it to his fellow bros but he was faced with the reality that he’s just been really dense lol. And then the final moment as they watched the first sunrise of the year was almost perfect, Sakurai went for the hand holding move and was ready to say it but backed off right before the pivotal moment. Even then, it was a really sweet moment and a great way to end the season.

And another long awaited second season from Summer 2020 comes to an end, I definitely enjoyed this season as much as the first, I really liked the developments between Uzaki and Sakurai this time around as well as the new characters introduced like Yanagi, Fuji and Sakurai’s parents, they all brought some great moments to the table. The OP and ED were both awesome too, I think I like them more than the ones from the first season, I especially liked the jam that was the ED, it reminded me of the Senko-san ED with the Japanese rapping. I really hope we can get a 3rd season, and I hope it can come sooner than this one did. And since it’s Christmas Eve which was fitting for the timing of this episode, merry Christmas!
Dec 24, 2022 12:20 PM

Jun 2019
Man... what the hell Sakurai. You were this close to saying your feelings out loud to her. Come on now. But, at least he realises finally that he likes her which is progress. I enjoyed this season.
Dec 24, 2022 1:09 PM

Aug 2014
Who cares if theres romantic progress or not. 

WE NEED MORE ECCHI!!!!!!

As for both seasons, they are pretty boring most of the time. Only reason I never dropped this anime is because of the melons of the female MC and her family, and the possible fanservice.  

Both seasons have their fun moments every now and then, but its a boring anime most of the time both seasons. 
oooo3333Mar 3, 2023 6:53 PM
Dec 24, 2022 1:17 PM
Oct 2013
Aaah Sakurai.. I think even with 100 episode he wouldn't confess. It was fun overall.
7/10
Dec 24, 2022 1:25 PM
Oct 2022
i am fine with not getting confession this season.
I am happy for Sakurai accepting Hana's love deep down.

8.5/10 for the whole show.

Dec 24, 2022 1:46 PM

Aug 2018
I really want to see how will their relationship progress. Let's hope for a third season.

Dec 24, 2022 1:54 PM
Oct 2021
Will not be watching a 3rd season. This second season was horrible after the first two-three episodes.
Dec 24, 2022 2:22 PM

Dec 2013
It is unfortunate these types of shows are trapped on that progress loop but I really liked this season, it was super wholesome and while nothing was concrete it did feel like their relationship changed quite a bit, for this genre standards ofc.

Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai... more like Uzaki-chan wa Yaritai if you know what I mean, horny Hana best Hana.
Dec 24, 2022 2:42 PM

Jul 2016
So... is nobody gonna say anything about Sakurai's taste in underwear? Because I seriously can't believe none of the Uzaki girls decided to assault him right there after having seen such sexy piece of clothing.

Not gonna lie, this season would have ended up being as mediocre as the first one if it wasn't for the decision of giving more screen-time to Uzaki's family: Tsuki, Fujio, the mischievous imouto and even Kiri. They were all entertaining in their own ways.

6/10
Dec 24, 2022 3:46 PM

Mar 2010
The cowardice ruined my christmas eve. ffs

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 24, 2022 3:47 PM
Feb 2022
he should tell her. come on
Dec 24, 2022 3:56 PM

Apr 2012
I gave it a 4/10 (I gave the first season a 9)

The lack of confession was the least problematic thing about this season. Hana was a bit player in many of the episodes, too much time spent on side characters. But the worst part was that the great majority of fanservice was of the male characters and not the Uzaki women. If there is a 3rd season I'll skip it.
Dec 24, 2022 4:05 PM
Aug 2020
This ending actually made me lower my score. As a manga reader, it makes NO SENSE to me to end the season like that. A goddamn copout to sell an OVA, because there’s no way we’re getting a third season anytime soon.
Dec 24, 2022 5:14 PM

Feb 2013
God damn it!!!! Lololol You just couldn’t say it.

Well that’s a pretty good way to get another season.

8/10 for me.
Dec 24, 2022 6:07 PM

Jan 2012
And here we go the big New Year's confession aaaaaaand....he chickens out! AWW NOOOOOO!!!!!

Heh, and I bet the people who were already annoyed by the slow progress in this series are gonna be even more upset with that, but honestly I'm not. In fact, I'd say this second season of Uzaki-chan is a noticeable step-up in quality from the first, which doesn't happen too often for me with shows I watch. That I enjoy season 2 more I mean. I think the difference maker here for me was the character of Fujio. He really elevated the material and quickly became my favorite character in the show, a definite game-changer. His presence was also probably indirectly responsible for the cutting back on my least favorite running gag from this franchise: the mom constantly thinking Sakurai wanted her body. It wasn't nearly as prevalent here, especially in the second half of the series. Could they have made more progress? Sure, by whatever, it's fine. I'm gonna give this a 7/10, as I did season 1, but it's definitely a higher 7. I'd like to see more, and hope I do someday.

Oh, and as it turns out this is my 950th completed entry on MAL so...that's cool. Happy Holidays everybody!
Dec 24, 2022 6:22 PM

Feb 2022
Good end of the season, I quite liked the development of Sakurai with Hana

I look forward to a season 3!
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 24, 2022 6:22 PM

May 2022
I had hoped we might catch up more with the manga. I'm disappointed in Sakurai's character. He's going to make trouble for Uzaki and himself if he doesn't figure this out. 

Looks like we are headed to a third seaason which I'm not really excited about, but I will watch it anyway because I'm a sucker for romance and I hope to see them together as a real 2D couple.
Dec 24, 2022 7:43 PM

Oct 2016
I think this was a bit better than the first season, mostly because of Hana's family, but more or less, it was the same amount of enjoyment. 

While the ending is disappointing, from a business perspective, it makes sense lmao. There's a high chance that we're gonna get a 3rd season. We're almost there, Sakurai will reach the promised land. 7/10
Dec 24, 2022 9:54 PM
Mar 2021
well I hope they make some sort of progress in season 3.
Dec 24, 2022 10:48 PM

Nov 2021
This season was entertaining, and a bit better than S1 in my opinion. Honestly I wouldn't mind a third season.
Dec 24, 2022 11:31 PM

Aug 2018
I know the whole point of the show is a sudo romance. But I can't say I didn't scream after getting blue balled hard than I ever have in my life by that ending. Which then turned into laughter from how absurd it is. The show had some boring parts in the middle but I'm glad I stuck around for that ending.
Lakitu64Sep 6, 2023 10:29 PM
Dec 25, 2022 1:19 AM
Oct 2021
Funny episode like always, just a shame that Sakurai is now on this path. I'd still hoped for her to get kicked out
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

Youre_boyIruma - Apr 1

13 by Laaziri »»
Apr 2, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Double Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

55 by hardnyasha »»
Feb 17, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Double Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2022

73 by Badak02 »»
Jan 31, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Double Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

122 by Badak02 »»
Jan 21, 1:57 AM

» The last moments of the episode...

DonniedaCultured - Dec 24, 2022

8 by Gator »»
Dec 6, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.