Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 21, 2022 5:11 PM

Jan 2022
The beginning was alright and the last couple of episodes have been a return to form, but the majority of the middle felt like one filler episode after the next. It kind of drifted away from the Family theme to focus on individual shenanigans too. Just my opinion tho.
-insert NGE meme here-
Dec 21, 2022 6:03 PM
Apr 2021
Apolygon2 said:
the score is lower, generally people talk about it less, and I myself don't have as much fun watching it.

but I can't exactly point out what has gotten worse.

My best guess is on it being a mix of getting a little repetitive and the episodes themselves having less interesting conflicts.

but I want to know what you think the reason is.

For me its the fact that the romance tag isnt there doing anything.
That and the development is kinda stopped.
I like the season dont get me wrong, super enjoyable, funny, amazing.
But looking at the achievements they got after the first part... No more stellas nor bolts for anya, no romantic development btw Loid and Yor (it happens sometimes but when it does it gets completly washed away next episodes), no development btw anya and Damian (not talking about romance but i wanted more overall interaction), they got the dog,
if the s2 launched tmr and you had to mention important plot mentioned in the second part to your friend you would say: There is a spy colleague that likes loid, and they got a dog.
Once again I STILL LOVE IT.
Dec 21, 2022 6:30 PM

Sep 2021
It just really hasn’t connected with me on the same level that the first part did. A lot of people have said this already, but it’s a combination of things:

Time with the Forgers as a family unit has been really lacking, it feels like they’re all off kind of doing their own things, or- when they’re actually present in another’s respective scene, they feel more like a basic accessory to that scene, than their own fully fleshed-out and realized character.

A lot of the comedy feels like it’s getting old, things don’t feel as fresh because naturally, we’ve already been introduced to (most of) these characters and we know how they function. Which isn’t a good feeling for something calling itself a comedy to have.

In relation to that, the humor and comedic jokes just aren’t landing this time, and have left me with a really “meh” feeling. When I was getting to know Anya, her line deliveries and faces were hilarious, but now every time I see them I’m just like “…ok.” And the same goes for Yor’s whole ‘doing clearly obvious assassin things in broad daylight’ thing… These worked when we were getting to know the characters, but they’re so predictable now, so they’ve lost the funny element they once had. I personally don’t enjoy these jokes and a lot of them have actually annoyed me.

A lot of the episodes this season have felt like filler (probably simply because they are-), like Anya’s school episodes… and for some reason they just haven’t felt like good filler. When we do finally get some plot or character development, we go right back to filler. Which makes the pacing just feel so off.

A lot of this has improved with the more recent episodes, but the earlier episodes have just left me really disappointed with Part 2, overall. And it’s only made more apparent by how brightly some other shows have been shining this season, in contrast.
smoltulipDec 21, 2022 6:35 PM

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Dec 21, 2022 6:39 PM

Sep 2020
swagxmagician said:
People really complain about Spy Family part 2 for being repetitive but then tell you to watch One Piece lmao
I love that your first instinct is to bring a completely different anime into the conversation. It shows that Spy X family is in fact repetitive and even the most dedicated twerkers can't deny it. 

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 21, 2022 6:41 PM
Jul 2021
samsince04 said:
swagxmagician said:
People really complain about Spy Family part 2 for being repetitive but then tell you to watch One Piece lmao
I love that your first instinct is to bring a completely different anime into the conversation. It shows that Spy X family is in fact repetitive and even the most dedicated twerkers can't deny it. 

Cry more mid piece
Dec 21, 2022 6:48 PM

Sep 2020
swagxmagician said:
samsince04 said:

Cry more mid piece
"Cry more mid piece"

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 21, 2022 7:02 PM
Jul 2021
samsince04 said:
swagxmagician said:

Cry more mid piece
"Cry more mid piece"

Mid character (limit)
Dec 21, 2022 8:30 PM
Nov 2021
I have been disappointed by the lack of Yor’s storyline. Like isn’t she an assassin? Why isn’t that in the plot LIKE AT ALL? I want to see her be a badass too, and not just in a mom way!
Dec 21, 2022 10:54 PM

Dec 2022
The show lost its freshness.
Dec 21, 2022 11:00 PM

Oct 2019
samsince04 said:
swagxmagician said:

Cry more mid piece
"Cry more mid piece"
swagxmagician said:

Mid character (limit)
children, children... please stop fighting

there is actually arguing and bringing up reasons and then there is the stupid thing that you guys are doing. 

it's basically just, 

"you're favorite show is mid"

"no your favorite show is mid"

you know what is mid? arguments like this that just waste everyone's time.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 21, 2022 11:20 PM

Dec 2014
every episode being make 2 parts are so extra, 10mins of sorta plot, 10mins of filler.

it is like watching stupid monogatari series, 3 mins of plot, 20mins of pointless wall of texts, stupid abstract art, and meaningless talking.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Dec 22, 2022 2:09 AM

Sep 2020
Apolygon2 said:
samsince04 said:
"Cry more mid piece"

there is actually arguing and bringing up reasons and then there is the stupid thing that you guys are doing. 

it's basically just, 

Well, you clearly haven’t seen enough One piece. The “argument” begins with the usual “mid piece” statement by non-fans. I reply with an iconic scene from
One piece, telling him to lock off(Blue lock reference).

Not really a case of attacking two shows. Although, I do think SXF is repetitive and boring which is where the conversation started.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 22, 2022 2:43 AM

Oct 2019
samsince04 said:
Apolygon2 said:

it's basically just, 

Well, you clearly haven’t seen enough One piece. The “argument” begins with the usual “mid piece” statement by non-fans. I reply with an iconic scene from
One piece, telling him to lock off(Blue lock reference).

Not really a case of attacking two shows. Although, I do think SXF is repetitive and boring which is where the conversation started.

The guy started by saying "one piece is also repetitive and slow". he said it in a dumb way, but that was a semi-valid argument.

you could have said something like "yeah but the highs make up for the filler and slow moments"

you could have said "yeah but the pacing is mostly an anime only problem"

you could have said "maybe some arcs are a little similar but one piece as a whole is far from being repetitive"

I'm just saying "mid" this "mid" that is the most braindead type of argument you can have.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 22, 2022 2:52 AM
Nov 2020
I think it’s the same as first season. Maybe some of the episodes are less interesting or the newness just wore off but it’s still enjoyable.
Dec 22, 2022 8:38 AM
Dec 2022
Iono jus feels not so good feels like it’s not important to watch and it’s a drag to start each episode
Dec 22, 2022 10:15 AM

Jan 2020
People found this boring yet find CGDCT anime entertaining. Different tastes I guess, but I love Spy x Family and can’t wait for the next season and movie.
Dec 22, 2022 11:34 AM
Oct 2021
the story kinda gets lost and it’s just lots of filler but hey i’m still enjoying it just not nearly as much as i did part 1
Dec 22, 2022 11:46 AM
Oct 2019
keysha18 said:
Kinda feels like filler eps imo
totally. slice of life filler junk episodes
Dec 22, 2022 1:54 PM
Aug 2019
For me I loved part 1. If I had to guess why since I also found part 2 a bit boring, it’d be because of the fact that it’s released long after part 1, causing the hype to die down. I mean I liked the Tennis arc and Fiona and the Doggy crisis arc and there were moments I loved but in general it didn’t feel as interesting and it could just be that rn there are so much more anime people hyped for on top of the fact that this is happening after the time when it was hyped in spring.
Dec 22, 2022 5:25 PM

Feb 2013
People who care about vague nonsense like "hype" or freshness are never real fans of the thing in question anyway
Dec 22, 2022 5:31 PM

Aug 2011
I felt like this season has less of a straight plot point/goal while a lot of the random extra stuff is. I still enjoyed it bc the three of them are so cute but yea I also didn't enjoy this season as much
desu desu binches
Dec 22, 2022 5:53 PM
Aug 2021
Apolygon2 said:
the score is lower, generally people talk about it less, and I myself don't have as much fun watching it.

My best guess is on it being a mix of getting a little repetitive and the episodes themselves having less interesting conflicts.

less screentime for Yor Forger 😅
Dec 22, 2022 6:01 PM

May 2020
it just got repetitive

Dec 22, 2022 6:08 PM
Oct 2020
The sheep that follow the hype realised it wasn’t for them.
Dec 22, 2022 7:00 PM
Apr 2021
Probably because the comedy is getting a bit repetitive. Also because there is no way that it can compete with some of the other anime this season
Dec 22, 2022 7:48 PM
May 2019
Apolygon2 said:

I think you've more or less hit the nail on the head. This is mainly a slice of Life series that relies on gags and funny expressions for comedy. That can get stale fast to some, especially if things remain low stakes and doesn't progress the story, people these days want plot progression and fast, not a critique but thats just how it is. 

I'd say to anime only's don't really expect things to change too much, this is a slow burner in the manga as well, with very slow plot progression. There will be a cool serious arc for season 2 probably, but not much else and romance progression is zilch if anyone is hoping for that.
Dec 22, 2022 9:31 PM
Apr 2021
I love the show but the lower score is because people realized this is more of a slice of life-ish type show and not really plot heavy which I understand if people don’t like it but I still like it tho, the manga is great as well
Dec 23, 2022 5:12 AM

Oct 2010
don't know why people are complaining, Nightfall is hot and part 1 doesn't have Nightfall so yeah, it's already a plus
Dec 23, 2022 8:56 AM

Jan 2021
I don't feel it is weaker, it's around the same quality, I would put the first season a little above for the final part of episode 8, but that's it.
Dec 23, 2022 9:16 AM

Jul 2019
The forsaken of its original appeal: Spy, action, thriller, and family dynamics. 

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Dec 23, 2022 10:27 PM

Dec 2017
it's getting less exciting
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Dec 24, 2022 6:06 PM
Sep 2019
the_moon_snail said:
we need more info about war! Also maybe a timeskip?

well, unless they add anime exclusive content, you'll be completely disappointed. The manga itself showcases info about the war/twilight/progress of the operation strix at the pace of a sloth.
Dec 24, 2022 10:16 PM

Jul 2016
▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎
Nothing, it's just as good as the previous one and if you analyze it in depth, it may have points that make it better than the first season.
Jan 3, 2023 12:15 AM

Oct 2008
Less action, the most we got was during the tennis arc.

Slower character development, I didn't see any of the characters developing in further than they already had.

The cringe was turned up a notch, since ep 5, or 17.

I rated part 1 a 6/10, to me the show was entertaining enough. But the novelty wore off, still I took pity on it and rated part 2 a 5/10. Don't think it deserves it honestly.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

361 by enessenpai0 »»
Yesterday, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

221 by FoodFan364 »»
May 9, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

254 by boumboumboum »»
May 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

256 by enessenpai0 »»
May 7, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2022

254 by Myzt2 »»
Apr 20, 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.