Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2022 4:00 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:30 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeDec 20, 2022 7:30 AM
Dec 20, 2022 7:30 AM

May 2020
Future Devil.. a devil by nature but a tad too lively to believe such a thing in all honesty, though putting the issue of no-intimidation aside, here’s what he asked from Aki in exchange of making a contract, the deal of him living in Aki’s right eye because as I mentioned he’s lively.. wants to have a first-hand experience of Aki’s horrible death coming some time later in future, as quoted by the man himself. And well that’s… anyways the training time is over for the duo of Denji and Power, thus it calls for a payback, a sudden ambush to Katana-man and his crew, like they had the first time around.

Makima’s conversation with Kishibe and then with Yakuza-san was actually something I was looking forward to this episode, as then again it builds up more mystery around her as if there wasn’t plenty already.. that know-it-all smug and ice-cold stare, woooaaahhh…

Plenty of new faces with Beam and Angel Devil making their presence, there were others too but anyways it was Aki’s one-on-one with Sawatari’s ghost devil which stole the spotlight towards the end. Though of course the best part for the next episode, it's a cliffhanger as usual. Catchy as heck ED this time around, VIOLENCE.

This ending next week, oh well 12 weeks were never this short I swear.

Jun 2019
"Mirai Saikou" He is finally here and his voice is perfect as well. It was a dialogue-heavy first half. I don't mind it at all since with that eye scene Makima once again proved why she's one of the scariest girls in this show. But, the second half had a lot of 'violence'.

The introduction of the new devils was excellent. Loved Beam in the anime as well. Hanae Natsuki did a phenomenal job. Also, Violence and Angel Devil looked great as well. But, Aki fighting the Ghost devil was the highlight with great action. Perfect ending song with Shinepi Kamata's godly visuals. Beautiful episode. Can't wait for the last episode next week and the final fight.

Jul 2021
Aki is making a contract with future devil through sticking his face on the devil’s belly, we’ll how his life fleshes before his eyes after accomplishing his goal to kill anyone. Kishibe gave Denji and Power a mission after that heck of a training until they’re almost at deed. Makima’s desire to save people from devils and to look forward in the Division 4 progression goes. Akane got everything set up with the zombie army and how the effect goes on when the zombies infected people.

Gun Devil is such a trend here that made a lot of people wanting to protect the society, to ensure one gains freedom and such. Ah yes that scene of Makima literally playing chess with these yakuzas but the fact that she’s so chilling in every pose scares the fuck out of me especially when one of them gave out some kind of commentary about necessary evil to the moment she may have killed the yakuzas relatives and collecting their eyeballs, that shit would be terrifying af if anyone is in the yakuzas position. The introduction of Shark Fiend, Violence Fiend, Spider Devil, and lastly my favorite Angel Devil, they have different characteristics and abilities of their own. Episode goes on when Akane is summoning Snake Devil and it was a solid fight against Aki, my boy getting chocked to death. The ED visual looks pretty cool. They’re saving Eve for last, interesting for sure within the context of the next episode.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 2017
The Future Devil is here, and it has quite the personality with a belly to match for anyone wanting to see his/her future. Though for Aki, binding a contract with it sounds easy enough, but the predicament that he'll be dead in the worst possible way, that's one, and trading his right eye with it for power.

Meanwhile, Denji and Power's daily training under Kishibe has reaped its fruits, and the test for the renewed Division 4's debut to find and kill both Akane Sawatari and the Katana Man, or risk disbandment, it's a tall order, but nothing too small for the both of them. If that's not enough, both Makima and Kishibe having differences in how they use their "tools" to save Division 4's embarrassment, it's a psychological loggerhead battle. And on both Akane and Katana Man's side, to completely finish off Division 4: an army of zombies created from debt-ridden humans.

The operation begins between both parties, with Makima and the Yakuza's negotiations for any information about the Gun Devil, and that one bag filled with eyes that easily can wreck anyone. There is but only one plan in this all-kill buffet: Division 4 to subdue the terrorists, or they will eliminate everyone and take Denji's heart. Its members are eccentric, from the Shark Fiend, Violence Fiend, Spider Devil and the Angel Devil.

Aki coming face to face with Akane, and being one together with the Future Devil does give him an advantage against the Ghost Devil, but the effort is futile...and what is his saving grace now?

Queen Bee's ED this time, and it's all about futuristic events. Nice.
KANLen09Dec 20, 2022 10:48 AM
Dec 20, 2022 7:31 AM

Oct 2017
Man I just love Makima, she had complete control over the situation. She's so cool and the aura she gives off gives me chills. Division 4 is full of nutcases and they are out for blood. Aki got himself into a pinch though, how's he gonna get out of it.

Episode 11 ED:
MegamiRemDec 20, 2022 10:14 AM
Dec 20, 2022 7:33 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting to see Devil Angel show up even if he's very different from the other devils we're used to seeing in the show. And seriously, it's also about time the public sectors get their shit together again and mount a counterattack.

Excited for the finale and that theme song this week is awesome.
Dec 20, 2022 7:37 AM

Dec 2020
I don't know why or how to explain but that felt like the best directed episode so far, everything felt seamless.
Only 1 more episode left and then its the countdown to season 2

Definitely my least favourite ed so far with the weakest song, didn't like the visuals at all either, the only ed that I don't really like but we have eve next week which will probably be a banger

He's finally here
DeFa-Dec 20, 2022 9:32 AM

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Dec 20, 2022 8:33 AM

Mar 2019
Yess finally heard Maaya as Angel! She did it just like how I imagined
Dec 20, 2022 8:33 AM
Apr 2022
Fujimoto knew what he was doing here

But jokes aside Pretty cool episode and sadly last ep is tommorow and people saying season 2 is not gonna happen for a long time
Dec 20, 2022 8:59 AM

Oct 2022
Got introduced to new characters but still waiting to see some action.

Ending theme was fire !!
Dec 20, 2022 9:03 AM

Jul 2012
That was just a fantastic episode. So many things happening all at once. The Future Devil is so cool and quirky. Makima is feeling more sinister compared to the beginning. And now we have a new team in Division 4. Really excited to see how this ends.
Dec 20, 2022 9:09 AM
Dec 2022
The only thing I don't like about this episode is that it's too short.....
Dec 20, 2022 9:09 AM

Jun 2014
Ahead of the final battle, Aki has made his contract with the Future Devil, who foreshadows that a grim fate for him lies ahead. Meanwhile, Makima continues to dominate any situation she's in, all with that casual smile that never leaves her face.

It was great to see more of the supporting cast like Beam, Violence, and Angel. Great action in this episode and I can't wait to see this all wrapped up next week.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 20, 2022 9:17 AM

Dec 2021
They made future devil even more likable, crazyyy. Beam, Violence fiend and angel devil finally make an appearance. No way are people still thinking Makima is a good person after this episode. Good episode, but didn't really like the ending visuals this time.

One more episode, sigh.
On the bright side, eve song next week >:)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2022 9:22 AM
Feb 2021
this when shit gets good
Dec 20, 2022 9:23 AM

Apr 2013
Hell yeah best boy Beam is finally here and also Angel. Never cared for violence. Beam being voiced by Hanae is sweet!

Future devil not asking for much from Aki after hearing what the past 2 devil hunter had to give in exchange for a contract with him is a lot more ominous/scary. He's giving out good vibes though, enjoying life.

And finally Makima giving big dick energy vs the yakuza, dom through and through.

ED was okay, but I'm expecting Eve's next week to be the best out of all of them. Already the end of season 1, there should be a season 2 announcement in February. The next 2 arcs are bangers.

Dec 20, 2022 9:24 AM
Jul 2022
this episode seems a bit low.....but people were saying that there is way too much epic scenes in upcoming episodes and here we have 11 episode....Predicting an epic fight next episode
PAINSAW MAN IS REALLLLL

Dec 20, 2022 9:27 AM

Nov 2019
Aki: So what's the plan?
Kishibe: Do I look like a man with a plan?

Dec 20, 2022 9:32 AM
Aug 2022
Great episode! It had the most amount of violence compared to any other episode so far. We got introduced to more crazier characters.

Glad to see aki getting the future devil for free

Also, it's sad that the nest ep is the last one
Dec 20, 2022 9:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really liked how they presented the Future Devil. He looks ans sounds the part as portrayed in the manga.

And Makima's quiet yet overwhelming power is even more menacing and borderline creepy when animated and voiced. They did her good.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 20, 2022 9:34 AM

Feb 2022
Another great episode from the MAPPA team

And by the way, the debut of Beam, Angel Devil, Demon Future, etc. was a very good debut that made me want to see them more on screen, something very well done, honestly.

The demon from the future makes me quite funny, and does it spoil us from Aki's death or not? I can't say sorry

Angel devil is precious, and yes he is a man but it does not take away the fact that they have made him so beautiful

Makima in this chapter commanded a lot of respect for me, and showing that he is a terribly strong character

And by the way if Kobeni appears for 3 seconds I am more than happy

Today Aki was the protagonist in my opinion and had very fluid and beautiful scenes and above all I am looking forward to seeing that the battle in which he is found is fully animated but that would be in the next episode

Good ending, his song is very good and the animation makes me very relaxing

Great episode, 10/10

Remember we only have one more episode left :,)
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 20, 2022 9:34 AM
Senpai

May 2021
I can't imagine the time with no chainsaw man episode every week. It is so entertaining, but i think we will only see the next season in 2024.
The episode was badass again. Makima doesn't wanna play around and the Special force is just as crazy like the whole anime.
Next week will be amazing!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Dec 20, 2022 9:39 AM
Jan 2017
Chainsaw man is just too good and makima is so fking cool.
Dec 20, 2022 9:40 AM
Nov 2022
If there is a demon of angels then does it mean that some kind of sick person would be afraid of angels xd?
Dec 20, 2022 9:40 AM
Oct 2016
Best boy Aki getting a nice action scene to end the episode. Even if he ends up being choked out at the end. Not quite as stellar as a few episodes ago with Katana Man but still looked good. Aki making that deal with the future devil to reside inside his eye in return for the devil seeing how Aki dies. Makima going to great lengths to secure support after many devil hunters were just wiped out. Intimidating the yakuza into cooperation is crazy, Makima will really go to any lengths. Kishibe doesn't buy into her spiel but he's trained Denji and Power to be better prepared for the rematch. Meeting the fiends of Division 4 was awesome. There's some really cool ones, I love the shark fiend. Swimming through solid objects and getting a giant shark head are both awesome abilities. They all took out those zombies with ease, all that's left is the main two Sawatari and Katana Man.
Dec 20, 2022 9:42 AM
Sep 2015
Oh, nice ED.
Is the end real or just a future visual?
Aki doesn't lose anything to gain a new power could be the best deal ever but when I think carefuly, I still think Makima and Denji make the best deal, but technically it's just a promise, not a contract, but I don't think either one will break a promise.
More devil hunter get introduced in this episode, nice. Meanwhile Makima showing more of her terrifying side.
Gun devil will sold gun for only 20,000 yen, I think I can guess what kind of guy he is. He'd be a low-ambitious guy that laying around doing nothing in a dirty apartment. But when he does something, the world cries.
Dec 20, 2022 9:44 AM
Feb 2022
love every minute from this episode, peak like always
Dec 20, 2022 9:45 AM

Jan 2009
Beam the Shark Fiend is finally here also the Angel Devil and the revelation that there are humanoid devils like him so Anime Only Fans take note of that

degDec 20, 2022 9:51 AM
Dec 20, 2022 9:46 AM

Jun 2016
This ending has been brutal. I really think all the ones he's had have been excellent.

They has left everyone who hasn't read the manga with the cliff hanger xD
Dec 20, 2022 9:46 AM

Mar 2020
It is time for Denji and Power to use their new skills against the world, along with Division 4's mission to kill Akane and the Katana Devil. We'll see if Kishibe's training helped them out here.

Aki has formed his contract with the Future Devil, who now lives in his right eye, granting him power to see a little into the future. Meanwhile, Makima was showing her immense intimidation once again, scaring the yakuza into oblivion. What more power could she have?

Aki's in a pinch against Akane and the Ghost Devil, and who can save him here? The ED this week was fine, visually interesting, but not among my favourites.
Dec 20, 2022 9:49 AM

Dec 2012
Only 1 more episode left :(
Hope there's a season 2 announcement soon..

Dec 20, 2022 9:54 AM

Sep 2020
We finally get the introduction of some of the best characters in the show, the fiends. I don’t know if it is just me, but Violence’s mask looks a little off. I swear the beak was a little longer in the manga. But I’m glad to see my boy fighting zombies and punching Beam in the face.

Great cinematography this episode, especially with the Aki vs Ghost Fight.

Coming from a film student, the cinematography has been incredible throughout this whole show.

5/5 episode. No faults.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2022 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
My boy Aki can't catch a break.
Dec 20, 2022 9:58 AM

Dec 2020
Plz don't kill Aki atleast in this season, I just hope aki will get the chance to kill that blonde bitch. The fights were smooth af, Ok I think I know now that makima is def not a good person. The ending was a banger loved the visuals. New characters were introduced, angel devil gives same vibes as nagi from blue lock. Can't wait for season finale.
Dec 20, 2022 10:00 AM

Dec 2020
Nabaat said:
Aki: So what's the plan?
Kishibe: Do I look like a man with a plan?

Aki- Kishibe, we need a plan of attack
Kishibe- I have a plan, attack.
Dec 20, 2022 10:01 AM

Nov 2013
This was a QUALITY episode.

Makima on the couch lol

Future devil is also lol

And then there's the Angel devil, who's a HE.
Dec 20, 2022 10:04 AM

Nov 2020
Violence fiend,

Dec 20, 2022 10:06 AM

May 2019
The future begins here
Dec 20, 2022 10:13 AM
Jul 2016

Best boy just got animated!!!!!!!

Anyway, last week there was a poll on the MAL forum on which song was gonna be episode 11's ending: "Violence" or "Fight Song". I think majority guessed "Violence" and we were right!!!!! Anyway...

ๆœชๆฅๆœ€้ซ˜!! ๆœชๆฅๆœ€้ซ˜โ€ผ๏ธ ใฟใ‚‰ใ„ใ•ใ„ใ“ใ†๏ผ(@๏ฟฃโ–ก๏ฟฃ@;)๏ผ๏ผ

Mod Edit: Added image tags.

Edit: was not expecting Future Devil's voice. When reading the manga, I thought it would be deep and "echo-y". In the anime, it kinda sounds like an old man? Is it kansai-ben??? I can't differentiate Japanese accents/dialects very well lmao. Anyway, I didn't mind it though and it still kinda fits!

Edit 2: the interaction between Aki and Future Devil seemed a lot more sexual??? in the anime compared to the manga if you know what I mean??? I guess Aki did stick his head in Future's chest cavity lmao ๐Ÿคฃ. Also lots of touching. Personal space is a concept foreign to devils.

Edit 3: I literally forgot/didn't know Aki could use his curse sword as a regular sword lmao. I thought any use of it meant draining his lifespan.
erikkamirsDec 20, 2022 10:41 AM
Dec 20, 2022 10:23 AM
May 2017
i can't wait to figure what happen next. especially with aki
Dec 20, 2022 10:27 AM
Oct 2018
I think if the next episode really is the end of the season then it is a pretty good place to do so I guess.
Dec 20, 2022 10:30 AM

Jan 2018
Dec 20, 2022 10:33 AM

Aug 2020
Great introduction episode
The full cast is here

4/5
Dec 20, 2022 10:36 AM
Feb 2021
The Future Rules !!!!
Dec 20, 2022 10:40 AM

Sep 2022
jesus, this episode feels like you're watching for 5 minutes and then left us with cliffhanger again.

also, we only have 1 episode left.
Dec 20, 2022 10:40 AM
Jun 2022
spider devil best waifu
Dec 20, 2022 10:41 AM
Dec 2020
this episode felt wayyyyyy shorter i know it wasn’t actually but
Dec 20, 2022 10:41 AM

Jul 2019
Makima is savage, nothing else needs to be said.
Dec 20, 2022 10:43 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Loving the Shark Fiend already!!

It's cruel that Aki has to fight the Ghost Devil.

ED was great!!
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

984 by pargz »»
May 12, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.