Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 15, 2022 9:27 PM
May 2018
not much happened kinda of a filler for story
Dec 16, 2022 1:30 AM

Mar 2015
Denji and Power getting their asses absolutely handed to em, while we see Aki have to make more sacrifices for more power..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 16, 2022 2:04 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm really liking how vivid the emotions are on Aki as opposed to the Manga.
Dec 16, 2022 4:38 AM
Sep 2016
I like the training methods of the new sensei
Dec 16, 2022 6:24 AM
Nov 2020
Based episode
:DD
Dec 16, 2022 7:01 AM

May 2022
That was great, but did I miss something? How did Denji survived from half cut of his body? Where's that part?
anyways, rest was a beasty animations....
Welcome to Reality!
Dec 16, 2022 8:14 AM
Oct 2022
This is the most hilarious episode yet!
Dec 16, 2022 9:29 AM
Mar 2021
kinda boring, that's not I've expected
Dec 16, 2022 10:11 AM
Dec 2020
kishibe being badass asf ofc
good ep feels in pace with the manga
Dec 16, 2022 11:35 AM

Oct 2018
This is by far my favorite episode this season. Kishibe is finally here, let's fucking goooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 16, 2022 11:38 AM
Oct 2021
It was good, and nice
Dec 16, 2022 12:59 PM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode
Dec 16, 2022 4:05 PM

Feb 2012
Power and Denji thought they could outsmart Kishibe (they tried, it's pretty ingenious to set up those blood traps). They even believed he commended them when he was about to leave but they should never let their guard down as the devil's will come at them harder with pure spite.
Damn, Himeno was trying the best she could to covertly get Aki to leave the Bureau so he wouldn't be killed like her previous partners.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 16, 2022 4:09 PM

Jan 2020
Full disclosure, but Kishibe's training course is consistently the single thing in all CSM I was hyped to see in anime form the most ever since I first read the manga and this adaptation wasn't even announced yet. It's not even my favorite bit, I just really wanted to see it in all its gory spectacle because I kept thinking that'd be pretty fun. Really gotta hand it to folks in MAPPA with how they're handling the violence (on top of everything else they're handling just right, that is), because the brutality and the fluidity on Kishibe's action outbursts really fit all positive expectations I had (still can't pick a favorite between the multiple stab sequence on Denji's chest or the roundhouse kick to his face)

I already mentioned this once or twice at this point, since I've been paying double attention to it and all, but especially after this week I'll say for a fact that I just can't have enough of Kenjiro Tsuda's take on our grizzled teacher. Such top-shelf deadpan delivery goodness, you just love to see it.

Speaking of which, Denji and Power's comic deliveries along this segment are also a big part of why it's so good in the first place, and the way their characterization is being handled did work a lot in its favor. You can really feel their bonding throughout the whole thing, especially the small talk during the walk home. Still on that note, Power pounding Denji's head against the ground with each fist while shouting "HEAL" until he does exactly that has to be the funniest bit this week, which is a big accomplishment in an episode with so many scenes just as brutal and just as funny.

But yeah, meanwhile, I still think this episode in its spare time manages to shine through the tenderness and introspectivity of Aki's slow burn sequences as well. I believe the tone they set for these segments in particular really fit his inner narrative of grief; and, as we're already being pointed out by the dialogue itself, his newfound descent into madness. To what degree this'll be a newfound strenght, either for a Devil Hunter or a man bent on revenge, is what remains to be seen.
Dec 16, 2022 6:09 PM

Jul 2013
So Aki only has 2 more years to live, which definitely puts a lot of pressure on him to find the gun devil and finally getting his revenge. At this point I wonder how much of his life span is taken away for each use of his sword. Since they're devils, it seems rather normal that Denji and Power don't feel any grief towards Himeno's death. For Aki, however, it's a completely different story. It was clearly to see how hard it hit him. What has to be highlighted on the positive side, however, is the fact that Denji has learned when it's inappropriate to interrupt someone.

What an introduction to a training arc afterwards. Kishibe is like the typical old, bad ass anime character which fits perfectly in a show like CSM. Especially with the enjoyment of booze, women and killing devils. He also doesn't seem to show much emotion. At least that's my first impression of him. After his little stunt in beating up Denji and Power countless of times, it's no surprise why he's called the strongest devil hunter. He means serious business.

Judging by Aki's facial expression I couldn't quite tell who had come to visit him. Reading these letters from Himeno must have been like a shock, since this showed her true feelings for him.

Trying to ambush Kishibe wasn't a bad idea of Denji and Power. It simply doesn't work on a guy like him, which made this scene pretty hilarious. I'm sure the more both of them learn about their weaknesses, the stronger they'll get with time.

The last segment was very exciting to me, since I always wanted to know, how humans contract with devils. Since he lost his favor with the fox devil, Aki now has to contract with the future devil who seems to demand seemingly insane things for it. I mean, Aki doesn't really have much to lose, but nonetheless it will be interesting to see what he has to offer to the devil.

Dec 16, 2022 7:33 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty heart-breaking intro especially for Aki. Was expecting shit to be harsh but man, seeing Aki cry after loosing everything again rlly hit hard.
Bruh they didn't sugar coat shit when they dropped those "2 years left to live" from the Cursed devil. Cemented Aki's fate right there and then. Will say again, the cursed devil visual wise is a favourite from the series for sure.

Kishibe is metal af and i'm loving the dudes whole deal. Dude actually gave a command to Makima before folding Denji and power for God knows how long. He's crazed but somehow coherent, honestly the dude could literally pass as his own Devil, and if his "best devil hunter" title isn't for show, i wonder if it's possible for a human to be feared by enough Devil to make them empowered in some way. *Doom music intensifies*

Seeing the prison for all the Devils the government has caught was rlly interesting, hella SCP vibes. Would rlly want to know more about how they catch and contain devils but i doubt we'll see more.
Future devil sounds strong so also kinda worried what it's gonna ask from Aki.
Dec 17, 2022 1:33 AM
May 2020
Liked the episode and there were lot of cool shots this time.Mappa is really out doing themselves.I can't wait to see the Future Devil animated and hear it's voice.I think the ending's visuals aren't connected to the story,but rather to the end of it,which is kinda cool.Overall 5/5 as always.
Dec 17, 2022 7:44 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! Kishibe is badass! and went waaay more badass since he is voiced by TsudaKen!!
Future Devil? so Aki's gonna be more powerful this time? then why not have that power in the first place? oh well for plot convenience sake...
5/5.

Dec 17, 2022 10:53 AM

May 2015
TRAINING ARC IS HERE!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 17, 2022 12:20 PM
Jun 2020
perfect adaptation
Dec 17, 2022 2:11 PM
Feb 2021
the episode was really really good i just didnt enjoy it
Dec 17, 2022 3:59 PM

May 2012
so on todays episode of the (2nd lol) best new anime:
1. we have denji realizing what has been a known fact since episode 1, that he has a devils heart, wow, shocking revelation, glad they spelled that out
2. it telling us that fiends and devils recover from drinking blood, despite that already apparently being a known fact, odd choice
3. unhappy thoughts make you unhappy, bad anime also makes me unhappy if its any relation
4. love how in this shounen that is nothing like anything we have ever seen before, we have a training arc, never before seen
5. love how i called that the mcs would just die over and over again and keep coming back lol
6. alcohol rots your brain, so 2 characters with 2 braincells combined can totally outdo the drunk old man, poggers
7. after apparently building himeno up last episode, and then offing her and expecting the audience to feel something, this episode, after she is already dead, give her some human traits in a minute long montage of letters, neat
8. sure is convenient how they just randomly have an arsenal of devils at their disposal, and isnt it odd that the devil didnt try to escape when the door was unlocked, guess it would just get mysteriously captured again, like last time lol
9. wonder what happened to those op dudes from last episode, guess theyll be back at a later point after the training arc when our shounen protags can handle them as the formula usually goes, no hurry to capture denji for some unknown reason

cool fights tho if i have to say something positive about the show
frequency15kDec 17, 2022 4:11 PM
Dec 17, 2022 4:20 PM

Jan 2020
Animation aside, I was taken aback by the plot so far. Character deaths this early on in the story shocked me. And what makes it even more unexpected is the trailer and the fact that Himeno appeared in it making me think she'll stick around for a while, but I was mistaken. I think things are starting to come together a bit better. We have a better sense of what's going on, but it still feels like some pieces are missing. Knowing that we're not even half way through the manga makes me wonder how many more characters will be killed off before the ending.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Dec 17, 2022 10:23 PM

Sep 2015
Ahh Denji and Power are still boring to me :I, but the action scenes were nicely done.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 17, 2022 11:05 PM
Oct 2019
intelectual damage
Dec 18, 2022 12:07 AM
Dec 2022
Beautiful loved every thing about it 😤
Dec 18, 2022 1:58 AM
Dec 2018
I think this might be one of the best adaptations out there.
Dec 18, 2022 2:46 AM

Nov 2022
good development

Dec 18, 2022 3:56 AM
Jan 2013
Doesn't care if his friends die? What a pos unlikable protagonist.
Dec 18, 2022 4:07 AM
Jul 2017
the animation was fairly good during the scene of the lighting up cig. too bad the sword guy crying means nothing because we barely had time to get attached to the eyepatch girl. it was meant to be the culmination of a cathartic emotions, but it fell flat.

also, i guess he smokes cuz he was 2 years left?

the entire training is just the guy killing them. and he tells us how strong he is. great exposition dump. god this is such an awful show
Dec 18, 2022 4:28 AM
Dec 2021
Very noice. The ending was nice to look at. Wonder what's gonna happen next episode
Dec 18, 2022 5:42 AM
Nov 2022
kishibe showing them the power of the old hunter
Dec 18, 2022 9:46 AM
Jul 2015
I did not know Denji can’t die. Now the intro makes sense to me:p - yabay yabay i never going to die (took some time though) - this episode is the one i like the most, don’t know. But the cemetery power got with Denji evolving so good.
Dec 18, 2022 1:17 PM
May 2021
so sad but beautiful
Dec 18, 2022 4:15 PM
Dec 2022
pretty good and i liked it and also power is cute
Dec 19, 2022 3:24 AM
Oct 2019
Kenjiro Tsuda is here for Training Arc!!

god damn the background and the lighting was so beautiful.
Dec 19, 2022 7:31 AM

Jun 2020
Episode ended so fast I didn't notice it's already finished so the aftermath of this shit mayhem just ended and there's more to it without Himeno in the division things are looking grim.
Dec 19, 2022 8:54 AM
Oct 2022
I really liked this episode!! All the stuff with Aki grieving over Himeno was super well done and heartrenching. Denji and Power were delightfully goofy this episode, which was absolutely needed after the dramatic bombshell that was episodes 8 and 9. Powy is such a cute nickname eeeeeeeee <3

The animation was incredible, as always, and seeing more of Himeno's Sensei and watching Denji and Power get floored by him was entertaining. The second encounter with the 1000 IQ ambush was great too!! I'm incredibly excited to see what the future (devil) holds for one of my favorite shows ever. :D
Dec 19, 2022 11:16 AM
Apr 2018
05:00 "Because I'll be happy as long as I have three meals a day, bath and a good sleep."
Doutei-kunDec 19, 2022 11:19 AM
Dec 19, 2022 1:42 PM
Feb 2022
quiet episode but i like it
Dec 19, 2022 5:07 PM
Apr 2019
If only they gave Himeno a chance to be more interesting, maybe I would've sympathized more. But when they showed how Denji felt nothing about it, I think they wanted us to resonate more with his apathy than Aki's grief. That was an interesting episode to show the characters' opposing moralities.
Dec 19, 2022 10:03 PM

Feb 2017
Gosh this show has been a freaking incredible. The last episode and this one have left me with CHILLS. Every single scene is a banger. They make everything interesting.

Poor Aki, he can't even have a moment to himself to cry.

I can see who Himeno got her bad habits from. The letter was sad.

The new teacher is interesting, creepy and terrifying.
There's something about Chainsaw Man that reminds me of Monster.

Denji isn't heartless. He was alone for years and emotional connection takes trust, time and in his case, learning how to connect.

Denji and Power share one brain cell, lol. Their sibling energy is adorable.
Dec 20, 2022 7:56 AM

Nov 2013
VerneJules said:
Again, just like with the Katana man and his lackeys. How come Denji's no longer aiming for the balls?

this is probably the best comment here :D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 20, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2016
super epik and kool teehee
Dec 20, 2022 10:43 AM
May 2020
power and denji could not take a break... damnnnn
Dec 20, 2022 1:02 PM
Aug 2021
loved it! Beam best boy is here!!
the ed song is a banger.
peak anime this year...Cant thank mappa enough of giving us this masterpiece.
Dec 20, 2022 1:08 PM
Jan 2021
Greatest of this season!
Dec 20, 2022 2:17 PM
Dec 2022
masterpiece, nothing more to said
Dec 20, 2022 4:00 PM
Nov 2020
like the suspense throughout the ep.
Dec 20, 2022 9:03 PM
Jul 2019
The hunt is on, time to use our brains to beat the hunter hahaha!
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

984 by pargz »»
May 12, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.