Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 14, 2022 4:23 AM

Jan 2019
That might be my favourite of the EDs so far.

Dec 14, 2022 4:33 AM
Apr 2021
it was a good intoduction episode very exited for the next one and i would love a training arc
Dec 14, 2022 5:31 AM

Mar 2021
JizzyHitler said:
I feel like this episode is a good example of what makes CSM work outside of its big plot moments that everyone focuses on usually, its a really good mix of melancholy and dumb humor and it somehow balances the two, Denji and power sharing a single braincell has always been a treat and I got a kick out of their idea of being smart meaning they just put on glasses. kishibe is always a character I enjoyed but its been so long I forgot how fucked up he was so this episode was a blast.

The music choice and way they generally showcased the grief slowly creeping up on Aki remembering Himeno was great, it was very subdued in its portrayal alongside how far gone they portray his mental state. All around great handling of what i think was only like a page in the manga
They really know how to set the atmosphere. The lighting, the mellow music, the silent moments, the facial changes, everything is perfect. Kino

Dec 14, 2022 5:52 AM

Feb 2014
Power having her hair in a ponytail and wearing glasses is something that doesn't suit her when you think about her personality, but at the same, suits her in terms of looks. I'm bloody conflicted here, but she looks hot at that get-up, so I'll go with that! XD

In light of the massacre to division 4, Denji and Power got the privilege to train under the supervision of Kishibe. He might look like a booze addict at first, but there's not doubting how brutally strong he is. It's good to see Denji and Power learn from each of their failures against him, although it's going to be awhile before they give Kishibe a real challenge.

As for Aki, it was sad to see him cry in the hospital after thinking about Himeno when he tried to light up his cigarette, as it reminded him of her so much. He doesn't seem to have any contract with the fox devil after what happened in the previous episodes, so he's been given the chance to make a contract with another devil who sounds like to be much stronger. He seems resolute on what he wanted to do and I do applaud him for that. Hopefully this will help him to finally bring down the gun devil once and for all.

The ED style this time was good with the filtering over IRL clips and the song itself was also pretty good, too. =)
Dec 14, 2022 6:06 AM

Oct 2016
That was a more slower and serious episode, it really allowed us to sink in all the pain that happened previously. Even Denji was contemplating life for a second there (fantastic scene btw), but leave it to Denji and Power to still bring in some laughter. They're dynamic is so good.

Man, poor Aki though, Himeno was right, he's easy to cry when alone. Boy, there's no way he's surviving the show, fuck. He got 2 years left and now he's gonna sacrifice something else to the Future Devil.

Kishibe's a top class Devil Hunter alright, he's got a lot of screw lose, power of being an alcoholic I guess. I wonder what kind of Devil Contract he has, cause those hands looking mad devilish already.
Dec 14, 2022 6:06 AM
Dec 2019
Denji and Power don't know how dumb they sound and they wore glasses to look smarter lol. Looks like Aki is going to have a new contract.
Dec 14, 2022 6:12 AM

Jul 2012
Aki has just two years left?? That caught me off guard :/

I find it really interesting to have a "cold-hearted" MC and even better that he's questioning that about himself. I'm pretty sure he will develop strong feelings towards others as the story progresses but good place to start nonetheless.

Kishibe both terrifies me and turns me on lmao he's like a cross between Ogata and Nanami (both also voiced by TsudaKen). Already added to the "husbando" list lol
Dec 14, 2022 6:15 AM

Mar 2008
Poor Aki must have survivors guilt. Though on other hand he wants to live to see his goal followed through.

Feels weird kind of relating to Denji with how he at least in the moment can’t feel emotions very deeply. I assume that’s because how Pochita became part of him not just because how hard his life was on him. It makes me interpret it differently than some people here seem to. It seems to me it’s not that he doesn’t care it’s that he just doesn’t feel it on a strong emotional level otherwise he wouldnt have questioned his humanity.

What a brutal and cold hearted way to train Denji and Power. Ouch....
traedDec 14, 2022 6:18 AM
Dec 14, 2022 7:09 AM

May 2021
I laughed a bit when Power said that they should use their brains but they should definitely get points for trying.

Dec 14, 2022 7:20 AM

May 2020
Kishibe has finally been animated
also power the best healer fr lmao

Dec 14, 2022 8:01 AM
Dec 2018
It is rare a setup episode has pacing which rivals the more action oriented episodes. Cant look away, 10/10.
Dec 14, 2022 8:59 AM

May 2015
I feel sad for Aki.
Dec 14, 2022 9:11 AM

Jul 2017
Back to being dull with the vast majority of Aki's storyline. Maybe if he had an actual personality or I cared about him or Himeno I might have felt something. The cliffhanger is also weird, it's an eye! There's no threat there, also it looks small enough to have slipped through the grate in the top of the cell.

The Denji and Power part raised the odd chuckle, but still felt stiff for the most part, especially the performance of the actor playing Kishibe, felt really slow.

I'm not sure if they've skewed it to the serious side or whether the original was this boring, although I'm sure it wouldn't have had the hype it did if it was. The difference is you can skim through stuff really quickly in a manga or take as long as you want, this definitely feals like the pace could be a lot quicker. I have heard complaints in the Japanese anime fandom that certainly the colour pallet is duller than the manga.
Dec 14, 2022 9:13 AM
Dec 2022
I thought it portrayed the manga amazingly and was overall a great episode.
Dec 14, 2022 9:37 AM
Jun 2015
Was wondering when they was going to introduce the guy from the OP, and turns out he’s an OG Devil Hunter who handled Denji and Power like they were child’s play.

As the enemies get considerably tougher, Power and Denji need to get both stronger and smarter, so looking forward to their progress.

I feel bad for Aki though. He’s on the brink of death at this point, but still dedicated to his goal. The question is, will be he alive to see it through? We’ll see
Dec 14, 2022 10:30 AM

Jul 2022
Powy with glasses is the most blessed thing ever. Loved it in the manga, just as great here. Let commence Operation: Super Smart!

Truly indicative of her 1,000,000 IQ.

I forgot how cool Tendo was though. If it wasn't for Powy she'd actually be the contender for best grill.

Dec 14, 2022 10:35 AM
Nov 2022
a set up episode..
Dec 14, 2022 11:11 AM
Nov 2022
it was good one, but little boring
Dec 14, 2022 11:15 AM
Oct 2022
felt the animation was off in some places
Dec 14, 2022 12:39 PM
Oct 2022
It was good I give it a 8/10
Dec 14, 2022 12:53 PM

Sep 2013
This episode is too good. Power and Denji got their butt kicked hard big time. I admit that bear hug was overkilled. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
[/url]
Dec 14, 2022 1:12 PM

Sep 2011
Green_Giorno said:
I'm getting worried we won't finish this arc!

This covered chapter 31 technically in its entirety, the arc ends at 39 so its doable especially cause some of its action but its probably gonna end at chapter 38 just so they can end it on

which frankly, is the absolute best way to end both these season and next, will make the pay off when it actually comes full circle that much better
JizzyHitlerDec 14, 2022 1:34 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 14, 2022 1:33 PM

Sep 2020
We finally see the man in the op with a gun! He sounds like the narrator in Fumetsu no anata e, also really great ed.
Dec 14, 2022 1:35 PM

Jun 2015
Fun episode, surprisingly the only ED I don't like (personally, probably because I feel like using real world footage kinda ruins the suspension of disbelief with animation). Always a surprise that these two manage to come up with decent plans, although it was established in the very first episode with the cigarette that Denji isn't exactly an idiot.

Another smaller-than-small and no doubt unpopular take I have is with the fact that they went with Kenjirō Tsuda for Kishibe. I guess my issue is that due to his talent and unique voice, Tsuda is the 'default' choice for these types of characters and as such all these imposing-yet-sleazy-and-surprisingly-wholesome dudes slowly conform into this mental amalgamation where none of them exactly have standout traits. I was hoping that since - for example - Denji's VA is relatively unknown, they'd go for someone else for this as well. Seeing how young he is, it'd be fun to see more new blood on the scene. Although I guess you could also argue that since Kishibe is meant to be tough-as-nails and established as 'the best', they went with that idea in their minds with his casting as well.
mertsiDec 14, 2022 1:44 PM
uh oh!
Dec 14, 2022 1:38 PM

Sep 2011
MugiwaraJopa said:
JizzyHitler said:
I feel like this episode is a good example of what makes CSM work outside of its big plot moments that everyone focuses on usually, its a really good mix of melancholy and dumb humor and it somehow balances the two, Denji and power sharing a single braincell has always been a treat and I got a kick out of their idea of being smart meaning they just put on glasses. kishibe is always a character I enjoyed but its been so long I forgot how fucked up he was so this episode was a blast.

The music choice and way they generally showcased the grief slowly creeping up on Aki remembering Himeno was great, it was very subdued in its portrayal alongside how far gone they portray his mental state. All around great handling of what i think was only like a page in the manga
They really know how to set the atmosphere. The lighting, the mellow music, the silent moments, the facial changes, everything is perfect. Kino
The wait is killing me to see this level of execution with some of the more poignant moments in the future, there were some moments reading the manga i just felt like shit and I cannot imagine how much worse this is gonna be during some of these moments. Bring on the Painsawman already.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 14, 2022 1:39 PM
Dec 2020
Anime onlies, my favorite devil ever is the Future Devil, he's a riot! I'm so excited to see his dance get animated.
Dec 14, 2022 1:39 PM
Jan 2021
i know what is coming
and i don t like it
Dec 14, 2022 1:40 PM

Jan 2021
Denji and Power are shown no mercy from this Division 1 guy. Dude is the real deal devil hunter, badass, says enough to say enough, and plows he's way through no problem. Wonder what deal the devil is going to give Aki?
Dec 14, 2022 2:03 PM
Oct 2022
DAMN. Serie is just getting interesting!!!!
Dec 14, 2022 2:20 PM
Mar 2019
Did Denji and Power think wearing Glasses would make them stronger and cleverer??
Unfortunately it didn't work.
Dec 14, 2022 2:35 PM

Feb 2021
Aki is just now depressed:( Hes about to go all in. Denji and Power are now being "trained" by Kishibe and are absolutely being slaughtered lol. Looking forward to whats happening next episode!
Dec 14, 2022 2:56 PM
May 2022
its fucking freakin good show !
Dec 14, 2022 3:24 PM

Dec 2010
We are left with only 2 episodes and a huge cliffhanger, probably waiting at least one year for next season, right? Why can't MAPPA produce a two-cour season like they did with JJK? Single cours work best with tight plots and almost nothing's happened yet.

The bureau forcing a specific devil on Aki seems kinda weird.

Fax001s said:
Amazing episode but..... lmaooooo

Yeah, animation just felt weird this episode, and I mean during the calmer moments, the training bit was good.
Dec 14, 2022 3:41 PM

Aug 2018
After what happened, Denji and Power have to train. And Kishibe appeared.
It was a good chapter.
Tenth ending, PEOPLE 1 - "DOGLAND".
It was very good and the animation was funny xd

Here, many images xd

Dec 14, 2022 3:46 PM

Mar 2021
JizzyHitler said:
MugiwaraJopa said:
The wait is killing me to see this level of execution with some of the more poignant moments in the future, there were some moments reading the manga i just felt like shit and I cannot imagine how much worse this is gonna be during some of these moments. Bring on the Painsawman already.

Dec 14, 2022 3:58 PM
Jan 2022
Perfect episode as always,, sensei it’s amazing just great episode
Dec 14, 2022 4:45 PM
Mar 2017
So incredible, unbeliveable anime, this is so good
Dec 14, 2022 6:08 PM

Jan 2011
i think this is one my episodes so far, didnt expect Aki to only have 2 years left
some guy offered his senses of sight, smell an tact? at that point you d be pretty much useless
Dec 15, 2022 12:41 AM
Aug 2021
it s a masterpeice
Dec 15, 2022 3:32 AM
Nov 2021
it was something ig
Dec 15, 2022 7:32 AM

Sep 2012
So that guy's saying he's the best devil hunter, even better than makima? hmm, that guy is someone to look out for.
Dec 15, 2022 9:30 AM
Aug 2021
kishibe entered the arenaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dec 15, 2022 10:12 AM

Nov 2020
I wonder how will The Future Devil affect Aki. Himeno's death definitely took a hit on Aki's mental state.
Glad to see Denji's and Power's friendship!
Dec 15, 2022 10:17 AM
Dec 2022
Amazing episode as always.
Dec 15, 2022 10:36 AM

Aug 2021
that walking scene towards the end looked horrendous but the rest of it looked amazing
Dec 15, 2022 12:11 PM
Aug 2021
Kishibe love this man
Dec 15, 2022 12:20 PM

Sep 2017
Now I'm just waiting for this to finish
خ
Dec 15, 2022 12:26 PM
May 2018
It was cool tho. But honestly i'm gonna miss Himeno. She was soo wholesome and beatiful......
Dec 15, 2022 2:35 PM

Nov 2020
chainman is just so hype! aki got that plug walk
Dec 15, 2022 8:48 PM
Jul 2019
A true battle of wits for Power and Denji this ep
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

984 by pargz »»
May 12, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.