Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 11, 2022 1:36 PM
Jun 2021
Calal-Chan said:
ArataDragonX said:

Ahem, i play Arknights for almost 3 years.
And calling me an idiot and troll is a bit too far. To be fair, i have read every lore in the game and every side story lore too.
So please, apologize for saying those words to me.

I am 100% certain the quote I actually replied to got deleted. So I don't think I was talking to you. So either way I apoligize for the confusion it was meant for someone else who had been trolling and super rude towards people enjoying the show. You can see the Mod edit: removed deleted quote right? I think that was what I responded too. It was not directed at you what so ever. Either that or I quoted the wrong person. No matter what it wasn't directed at you and I am sorry if it seemed that way. That was not my intent.

Its ok. That could happen. Make sure you always send the quote to the right person, ok.
Dec 11, 2022 3:59 PM

Jul 2013
ArataDragonX said:
Calal-Chan said:

I am 100% certain the quote I actually replied to got deleted. So I don't think I was talking to you. So either way I apoligize for the confusion it was meant for someone else who had been trolling and super rude towards people enjoying the show. You can see the Mod edit: removed deleted quote right? I think that was what I responded too. It was not directed at you what so ever. Either that or I quoted the wrong person. No matter what it wasn't directed at you and I am sorry if it seemed that way. That was not my intent.

Its ok. That could happen. Make sure you always send the quote to the right person, ok.

I will obviously try in the future but to be fair if they delete a quote that isn't my fault XD
Dec 11, 2022 5:02 PM
Jun 2021
Gnihc420 said:
ArataDragonX said:

Have you ever played Arknights?

I think you didn’t read the lore first, dummy.

Bruh it has nothing to do with if you played the game or not
Everyone agrees that Misha is just stupid lol

totally agreed she just dumb..i mean like should i play the game before watch the anime? thats just sound stupid as for anime series adaptation
Dec 11, 2022 11:34 PM
May 2015
I think a lot of people are missing just how tentatively Misha was aligned with Rhodes Island. She didn't trust us at first because doctors pretending to help have been a source of pain in the past. We turned her over to cops that actively persecuted her but now we're vouching that they'll keep her safe—which they fail at almost immediately. The only thing that got her on our side was that we seemed to hold to our ideals even when it hurt us.

But then, the brother she thought was dead shows back up, tells her we don't actually hold those ideals, and then she gets to see first hand that we do abandon our ideals if the situation gets dire enough—exactly like he said we would.

Given the circumstances, she's got a solid reason to switch sides in anger.
Dec 12, 2022 12:00 AM
May 2015
Skullshatterer's suicide attack makes more sense in the game. He's a boss with two phases: a grenade launcher phase with big AoE attacks then a second phase where he's fast but uses them like giant knives. It was a reasonable gameplay choice mechanically that made him one of the first big challenges in the game for new people back in the day. So they wanted to come up with some excuse to portray him that way since it's a memorable moment.

I agree that it's much dumber in the anime. But it wasn't completely pointless. Hoshiguma could tank the much bigger rocket fired by W and deflected his grenades. He used his second to last round to get her off balance to give himself a window. But he wanted to overcharge the last round with a lot more oomf to make sure nobody would deflect or absorb it (both things we've seen happen so we know can be done with arts).

The earlier scene with Misha launching a grenade correctly was the real mistake, IMO. It's important foreshadowing for her but we didn't have any of the scenes explaining how difficult it is to use arts based firearms on Terra. As a result, it's easy to assume he could just pour more energy into it or that the arts were just a detonator to an explosive material. But it is very finicky to work with them without blowing yourself up. Skullshatterer didn't have time to do all the math and carefully recalibrate the round to not blow up too early despite the extra energy ergo he went the suicide bomber route so all the energy would be in the explosion and at the right time.

Yeah, it's still dumb and requires knowledge that people watching wouldn't have but it isn't completely unreasonable.
Dec 12, 2022 3:07 AM

Nov 2018
BEST EPISODE SO FAR
This was actually crazy, completely exceeded my expectations.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dec 12, 2022 11:20 AM

Oct 2008
In Misha's eyes: "Amiya you murderer!" lolz everything is out of hand and messed-up oh well...
4/5.

Dec 13, 2022 2:08 AM
Jul 2016
Intense scenes in the last 3 minutes.
Dec 13, 2022 1:07 PM

Nov 2009
BTW, Amiya reacts to her killing Skullshatter is cause Amiya by nature doesn't want to kill anyone.

However as we know, she's literally surrounded by people killing each other, lol.

Amiya also has issues with her Arts (this is explained more later in the game)

___ ___ ___

And as previously said, this whole event is pretty much Ch'en's fault, if Misha had gone with Rhodes Island, Misha would have never realized Skullshatter is her relative. Thus without this realization, Misha would have never ended up changing sides.

(since even if Skullshatter was to Kamikaze, Misha would not even bat an eye at it as she would have thought the person was just another random Reunion member)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 14, 2022 12:43 PM

Aug 2014
I never realize Rhodes Island never killed anyone. It means they are so good. Restraining is always harder than killing tho
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 14, 2022 10:34 PM
Nov 2022
Равараэ said:
I never realize Rhodes Island never killed anyone. It means they are so good. Restraining is always harder than killing tho

Rhodes has killed before. It's just that for Amiya, this is the first murder she's broken her rule with.
Dec 15, 2022 5:11 AM
Oct 2019
Rhodes Island never killed anyone? doubt it.

Heartbreaking episode for Amiya and also Misha.
Dec 15, 2022 2:55 PM

Mar 2010
Misha's confusion is justified but its fucking annoying how pretentiously indecisive she is.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 18, 2022 7:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So we were right to assume that Misha knew that mysterious mask. Loved that ref to SW though. Yes freedom at the expense of killing countless innocents that stand in your way. Never figured that Reunion would opt for the direct assault though. The decap strike on the doctor made perfect tactical sense. Its unfortunate but the only way to stop Skullshatterer was lethal force.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2022 1:16 PM

Feb 2018
I thought they were in a dust storm.
How was she or any of them able to see what happened.
Also, I'm just guessing that W was using that guy to get Misha on her side.
Dec 20, 2022 8:10 PM
Apr 2019
cant wait to see chen and talulah fight
Dec 31, 2022 7:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the ending events, that's tough, now with the death of Misha's brother it's going to genre a lot of things for how she perceives Amiya's group 
Jan 12, 2023 12:07 AM

Feb 2021
It's all because of a misunderstanding...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 21, 2023 6:09 PM

Jan 2022
Dear Lord, that battle was amazing.
I also dropped my jaw when Skullshatterer shot the grenade launcher at the beginning of the battle and the sound got delayed because of the distance, same with explosion. I love such small details.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Dec 16, 2022

94 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:15 AM

» Is it canon that the doctor is a caucasian?

Papa_Scorch - Apr 23, 2023

6 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM

» Official Survey - Which side story do you want to see animated?

Yaggamy - Nov 27, 2023

3 by 5U35 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.