Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, definitely an unusual pair when we see Loid and Fiona team up together. Normally, you'd expect to see Yor with him but Fiona also plays really well. I think the most amusing part is her inner thoughts when she's with Loid.

Underground tennis is not something you often see these days though.

Dec 3, 2022 6:29 AM

May 2020
You ought to be a jack of all trades as a spy, to the point where participating in a tennis competition too should come as naturally as doing some basic stuff, and of course beating the professionals itself. Though it was a part of the mission to retrieve that conspicuous painting, but for real the duo of Loid and Fiona shouldn’t have done that bad to that professional duo, think about the self-esteem for god sake.

Those buffed-up dudes too got caught up in the flow. Though bad villains always have a trick up their sleeve, and so the man of the moment Campbell. Had his daughter and son go face-off with the duo of Loid and Fiona, which unlike any other previous match gave them a good amount of tough time. Though the power of love will come on top.. at least Fiona will make sure that. Btw the segment was more funnier in the manga, though whatever.

Suukiiiiii/5.
Dec 3, 2022 6:32 AM

Jun 2019
So... we have a team-up between Fiona and Loid which is nice since I thought maybe they'll not show more of her. I'm glad she's getting more screen time. Though, it's not gonna be so easy for them since the bad guys are playing an unfair game.

So... let's wait and see what the results actually will be in the next episode. And, it was some nice Tennis sakuga. Nice job, Cloverworks.
Dec 3, 2022 7:25 AM

Jun 2019
Fiona is a bit crazy.
Dec 3, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2019
What a dangerous duo. Also kind of funny how their team name is called Phony.

Dec 3, 2022 7:29 AM
Aug 2022
WOW! It's unbelievable to see that a weakened loid can match with the speed of a racket with jets and bend the net of the ground.

It was really wholesome to see yor being jealous of fiona.

Ngl, I'm weired out by fiona's perverted thoughts.
Dec 3, 2022 7:45 AM

Jul 2011
The animation for this tennis tournament was better than I expected.
And was the perfect example of how over the top a sports anime should be.

I would like very much to see a match between Anya and Bond.

Dec 3, 2022 7:47 AM
Apr 2020
Tennis arc is finally here. Definitely one enjoyable arc with the team up with Fiona and Loid being as OP as ever. Nice to see them deservingly beat their opponents attempting to cheat their way through the tournament. However, let’s see how the match against Campbell ends up in the next episode.
Dec 3, 2022 7:48 AM
Sep 2015
Very very amazing episode, I think this is the best of Spy X Family yet.
Dec 3, 2022 7:48 AM

Aug 2017
Very interesting episode. Fun to see both as couple >_<
Dec 3, 2022 7:57 AM

May 2020
& so,
Hachiman finally managed to play together one by one with the 3 girls in his harem huh!!!

(Technically, he played Pong with Iroha at one point beforehand!!!)

& all of them are coincidentally in handicaps too!!!

(Yukino being tired, Yui being injured & now Iroha with traps all over the place!!!)

I wonder how Yukino & Hachiman trained on tennis together...

Yukino was a monster if they teamed up together!!!

So with all these traps,

Will Iroha ended up getting injured like Yui was???
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Dec 3, 2022 7:59 AM

Oct 2017
Good to have more Nighfall, she's lovely. The tennis matches were quite something.
Dec 3, 2022 7:59 AM
Sep 2021
Good and funny tennis match, sad that I have to wait for part 2 of this.
I give it 6/10.
Dec 3, 2022 8:09 AM
Oct 2022
I feel like we really needed Fiona to revive this show. Yet another does of her and her hilarious inner thoughts. Loid really became better than a pro with a single training session. Fiona actually set them up as a married couple.

We didn't get much of Anya this week. Yor meets Fiona in the next episode is something I want to see.
Dec 3, 2022 8:13 AM
Apr 2021
😂😂🤣🤣😂😂
Fiona 's imagination is next level...

I’ve seen manga readers commenting on how it feels like Twilight is cheating when they are reading this chapter.

By making Twilight ultra OOC in Nightfall’s imaginations, contrasted with Twilight’s ultra coldness and professionalism during their interaction irl ...

The anime avoids feelings like this ..

Plus , the warm aura he radiates while interacting with his family
Dec 3, 2022 8:28 AM

Mar 2021
This was an amazing episode Underground tennis is certainly entertaining looking foreward to next episode
Dec 3, 2022 8:28 AM

Jan 2018
Fiona's mind is wild lmao. She's really cute and wholesome if she just be true to herself.
Dec 3, 2022 8:42 AM

Dec 2021
Hitagi__Furude said:
& so,
Hachiman finally managed to play together one by one with the 3 girls in his harem huh!!!

(Technically, he played Pong with Iroha at one point beforehand!!!)

& all of them are coincidentally in handicaps too!!!

(Yukino being tired, Yui being injured & now Iroha with traps all over the place!!!)

I wonder how Yukino & Hachiman trained on tennis together...

Yukino was a monster if they teamed up together!!!

So with all these traps,

Will Iroha ended up getting injured like Yui was???

Maybe Iroha should try her trick that she tried to use to distract Hachiman but she's just too busy imagining doubles of life on Hachiman in another universe. Can't wait for Yor to channel her inner Yukino against Nightfall.
Dec 3, 2022 9:06 AM

Jan 2009
love this episode full of action and Nightfall is funny and lovely in this one too

Mar 2020
The tennis arc is finally here, and it's not something I expected to see. If anything, it's much better than the sports anime I've seen, even if the results were rather predictable. Last week, I said that Fiona reignited my love for this show, but this week, let me rephrase that, I think she has saved it from plummeting down in score for me personally.

I think the reason for this cour being a bit weaker in my eyes is that we've simply settled into the groove of Spy X Family, and to be honest, we've simply gotten too much of it in too short of a time. With these types of shows, seeing a new season every 1 or 2 years would probably make me miss it more, and therefore, formulate a more positive opinion about it, and furthermore, the production would look even better.

Jun 2015
I dont care about any tennis tournament. Yor's best wife!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 2021
Fiona is funny asf
Dec 3, 2022 9:09 AM
May 2021
Reading this in the manga was so funny hahaa now its animated!!
Dec 3, 2022 9:11 AM

May 2021
Just can't get enough of Fiona's sukiiii.

Dec 3, 2022 9:12 AM

Jun 2015
Mcsuper said:
The tennis arc is finally here, and it's not something I expected to see. If anything, it's much better than the sports anime I've seen, even if the results were rather predictable. Last week, I said that Fiona reignited my love for this show, but this week, let me rephrase that, I think she has saved it from plummeting down in score for me personally.

I think the reason for this cour being a bit weaker in my eyes is that we've simply settled into the groove of Spy X Family, and to be honest, we've simply gotten too much of it in too short of a time. With these types of shows, seeing a new season every 1 or 2 years would probably make me miss it more, and therefore, formulate a more positive opinion about it, and furthermore, the production would look even better.

Im assuming your not talking to yourself while rolling rolling around an off wine in a glass. Really. What made you a connoisseur of this show you right such junk.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 3, 2022 9:17 AM
Jan 2022
The tennis is tennis (is real)
Dec 3, 2022 9:20 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Icy on the surface and explosive in the inside huh what a combo for Frost. Secret intel hidden inside a painting is a classic among classics thats for sure. When it comes to underground events never expected there to be a tennis match. Damm creative idea. Wow the Boric bros sure bulked up quickly. Looks like Frost's intended effect is working on Yor. The tournament though literally has no rules whatsoever huh. Wish we could have seen the match but Frost sure got back at them for their insults. Those kind of underhanded tactics that the villain used would have been devastating to normies but not to the phony pair. Nice racks that the kids had though but even that did not save them from the wrath of Loid and Frost. Can't wait to see what happens next ep. But overall an excellent ep that really showed just how deep Frost's feelings for Loid goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2022 9:23 AM

Jul 2015
A pretty good episode.We got to see Twilight and Loid teaming up in underground Tennis match.It is filled with cheating and foul play and yet they deservingly won all rounds.We will wait for the next week to see the results of the final match.

Dec 3, 2022 9:25 AM
Sep 2018
Fiona x Loid Team-up is a bit overkill for a mission. Even though they're fighting in an Underground Match, still a difficult one.
She can't get over how much she loves Loid and I can't wait for the next episode for what's gonna happen between an Assassin vs Spy on a brute strength on a Tennis Match.

Still rooting for Yor everytime.
Dec 3, 2022 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
Fantastic episode this week! Fiona is hilarious and her team up with Loid in this Tennis arc is great so far. However I think my favorite part of this episode was Yor worrying about what Loid and Finoa's relationship is. I feel like that's good development for the show overall and for Yor.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 3, 2022 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
Fiona definitely is lovesick over Loid, and is the desperate 3rd party in the already perfect family.

Fiona and Loid's mission to uncover Cavi Campbell's "Lady in the Sun" painting due to its connection with the conflict between the East and the West, and it all hinges on an underground tennis tournament, run by Campbell himself and known as the Campbelldon. As if the Wimbledon isn't enough for a reference, it's for the elite to win elite. Fiona REALLY is a tryhard to win Loid's heart, and while the latter just literally smashed his way through, Nightfall is just on the cusp of impressions.

This mission unsettles Yor, but Anya reassures her, albeit almost having her ability be exposed. That said, the steroids-enhanced Boric Brothers are easily cleared thanks to Fiona through their insults to Loid, and the finale match against the Campbells' siblings Carrol and Kim is not without some dirty play to lower their guard. With protection taken, both Loid and Fiona come out looking unfazed, though the numerous traps placed around them stop their chances of scoring against the siblings.

So then, what's more under the sleeve for underhanded tricks to finish this phony Campbelldon?

Mcsuper said:

Yeah, sadly I have to agree to this as well. It just isn't on the same pedigree as the 1st Cour, and my score has already plummeted at the stale delivery of progression.
Dec 3, 2022 9:37 AM
Aug 2021
Will the 13th episode of this Second part be the last one or part 2 will have other episodes?
Dec 3, 2022 9:41 AM

Aug 2021
fiona carries whenever she's on screen
Dec 3, 2022 9:44 AM
Oct 2016
Twilight and Nightfall taking on an undergoing tennis ring. Having to play through this betting tournament to win a painting that has clues towards documents that could ignite war if released. Its fun to see Nightfall around Loid, not because anything romantic might happen but just for her inner thoughts wildly contrasting her facial expressions. It cracks me up every time Nightfall has that I'll kill you look while thinking about how much she loves Loid. Even he was freaked out by it during this episode. The tennis matched were pretty cool to see animated. They had some flair to them in the style this show has regularly soared at.

Especially the finals match with those crazy motorized rackets. Whirling them around to make crazy saves and serves. Nightfall turns out is badass at tennis covering Loid in the front court. Whom himself is surprisingly good at tennis too, leading them to that final match with ease. The match against the roided out dudes while it didn't last long was still funny to see Nightfall annihilate them. But that finals match even with Twilight and Nightfall handicapped by that poison gas they're fighting back keeping it close.
Dec 3, 2022 9:45 AM

Dec 2020
Lol fiona and loid are playing tennis on the underground wher the can dope etc, and fiona eazy destroy everyone when someone is dissing loid i love it.
So next episode is yor vs fiona im hyped.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Dec 3, 2022 9:51 AM

Mar 2018
Those modified rackets can be used to hunt Titans at this point!
Personally don't like sport but this can definitely get me hooked! Meanwhile Fiona is suki'ing all over the episode because of the lovely Twilight~ hoho~

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Dec 3, 2022 9:51 AM

Jan 2018
I'm surprised that this tennis episode will cover more than one episode. Not a huge fan of tennis but loved Nightfall in this episode. She's starting to grow on me.
Dec 3, 2022 10:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Been eagerly waiting for this episode ever since the anime S2 was announced. Was not disappointed. I love Fiona's batsheet craziness and character design
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 3, 2022 10:03 AM

Jan 2015
If the FL was this woman with white hair, the anime would be top too <3
Trying my best with english d-_-b
Dec 3, 2022 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
Pointless episode tbh :) but as for SoL enjoyer it's still fun
Dec 3, 2022 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
Fiona and Loid teaming up for this underground tennis tournament isn't even fair lol, they're destroying the competition with ease. Of course, that's not gonna be the case when up against the children of the guy hosting the tournament, but even with all of the underhanded tactics they're using to cheat, our spy duo seems to be holding it down pretty well.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 3, 2022 10:19 AM
Nov 2021
Amazing episode as always... Only 3 episodes to go.
Dec 3, 2022 10:48 AM

Apr 2022
I love tennis and I love Fiona, so naturally I loved this episode as well.
Dec 3, 2022 10:55 AM

Jul 2022
yAy tennis tournament arc
tenebra is soo cuttee
Dec 3, 2022 11:20 AM

Nov 2016
You gotta love how intense Fiona's feelings are

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 3, 2022 11:28 AM

Nov 2021
That was a great episode, it didn't even feel like 20 min. Honestly the humor has been really great this season, even if it is more SOL focused I still love it. Nightfall's VA is so perfect for her. Also, the animation and direction during the tennis match was awesome!!
Dec 3, 2022 11:30 AM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode
Dec 3, 2022 12:14 PM
Jul 2022
its good continue
Dec 3, 2022 12:26 PM

May 2015
underground tehhis club xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 3, 2022 12:32 PM
Aug 2015
haha, Loid x Fiona? I can see how some would ship that. They have a pretty deep groove (in Fiona's mind, anyway). Yor's jealousy isn't completely self-interest anymore, and it brings a little tension into the not-relationship that Anya is quick to dispel. I like how all this drama is keeping the series fresh, but I think we need a Yor arc soon.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

361 by enessenpai0 »»
Yesterday, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

221 by FoodFan364 »»
May 9, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

254 by boumboumboum »»
May 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

256 by enessenpai0 »»
May 7, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2022

254 by Myzt2 »»
Apr 20, 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.