Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 18, 2022 10:45 AM

Mar 2020
That was some good negotiation by Amiya to convince Chief Wei to sign a contract with them. Still a bit suspicious of Lungmen, as well as Ch'en, whose motives seem a bit unclear. As for the episode itself, some great background shots as always, production remains quite solid.

Amiya and company seemed to have rescued Misha, but is she out of the woods yet?
Nov 18, 2022 11:03 AM

Jul 2011
Hell yeah! Liskarm!

I wonder what Misha did.
Nov 18, 2022 11:06 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was nicely done. Looking forward to the next one. X3
Nov 18, 2022 11:23 AM

Nov 2010
That was the real first episode after the epilogue (tutorial in the game) and you could clearly feel that.
Nov 18, 2022 11:34 AM
Feb 2020
A nice way to start the lungmen arc, but why did it feel so shoort, I NEED MORE, it felt less than 5 minutes. That cliffhanger also killed me. I loved Misha's voice acting, its so good, adds a lot to her character. I also freaking adore the moment doctor threw a rock lmao, the way he threw it shows how weak the body is after waking up from that coma.

Also kal'tsit smiling whaaaaaaaaaat
Akumaru03Nov 18, 2022 3:40 PM
Nov 18, 2022 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
Finally Chen appears! And Kaltsit as well
More brief appearances of the Twins and Kokodayoooo <3 can't wait to get some proper screentime of them.

when you praise or make your Little Bunny happy and she rewards you with her smile

Aside from the Negotiation it was mostly a set up episode but it should pick up again next episode as the short scene with one of the reunion leaders at the end should make clear
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 18, 2022 12:15 PM
Sep 2017
You could really feel that we got out of the tutorial this week, much better pacing. The detailed backgrounds and direction continue to impress. And of course Yato and the A1 team make for great cameos and as far as I remember anime original.
Nov 18, 2022 12:31 PM
Aug 2022
bro I'm sorry. Doctah when he through the rocks at that one dude. I burst out laughing. it felt so girly of a through. I honestly wish that the doctor would do something sometime. but yeah still enjoying this anime. been a fan of the game for ages
Nov 18, 2022 12:43 PM
Feb 2020
I feel like doctor throwing the rock shows how much time he still needs to recover his body after waking up from his coma. If you remember from the first episode, he couldn't even walk let alone speak, I doubt he could lift boxes properly now.

But nahhh this scene was definitely hilarious, his pitch be goofy as hel 😂
Nov 18, 2022 1:12 PM

Feb 2021
ITS CH'EN!!! man i forgot lungmen was this toxic to the infected
Nov 18, 2022 1:14 PM

Dec 2018
darn it i want more!
Nov 18, 2022 1:14 PM

Dec 2018
zwolf12 said:
That was the real first episode after the epilogue (tutorial in the game) and you could clearly feel that.

it's a video game?
Nov 18, 2022 1:53 PM

Jan 2009
hopefully next episode will have action
Nov 18, 2022 3:14 PM
Feb 2020
StateofOhayo said:
zwolf12 said:

it's a video game?

nope, its a music company. Jokes aside, its a tower defense gacha game thats pretty popular in japan and china. Gameplay mechanics, story lore, and art are surprisingly well made for a "tower defense" game. So I'm just kidding about being a music company, or am I?
Arknights has their own music label with unbelievably good vocal songs and epic BGM for a mobile game, their website is down below:

https://monster-siren.hypergryph.com/music

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7l5zSPffvPDaRRYkAHsyt7?si=NqJ355_TSDmSd7l2HrI67A

Its not a surprise that Yuki Hayashi is also composing music for this anime

Nov 18, 2022 5:17 PM

Dec 2018
Akumaru03 said:
StateofOhayo said:

it's a video game?

nope, its a music company. Jokes aside, its a tower defense gacha game thats pretty popular in japan and china. Gameplay mechanics, story lore, and art are surprisingly well made for a "tower defense" game. So I'm just kidding about being a music company, or am I?
Arknights has their own music label with unbelievably good vocal songs and epic BGM for a mobile game, their website is down below:

https://monster-siren.hypergryph.com/music

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7l5zSPffvPDaRRYkAHsyt7?si=NqJ355_TSDmSd7l2HrI67A

Its not a surprise that Yuki Hayashi is also composing music for this anime

thanks! that's really fascinating!
Nov 18, 2022 6:31 PM
Nov 2022
Really good start to the Lungmen Arc! Can't wait for more.
Nov 18, 2022 7:28 PM

Jan 2022

Huh?? Wait a second here. So those aren't their actual ears???

Can someone up with the lore explain?
-insert NGE meme here-
Nov 18, 2022 7:41 PM
Oct 2022
NorthmostIsle said:

Some/most people canonically have two sets of ears.
Nov 18, 2022 8:19 PM
Jan 2021
NorthmostIsle said:

they have lore why do they have 4 ears,
but very far away, even just revealed in the game a few days ago
Nov 18, 2022 8:30 PM
Mar 2018
Lungmen city looks absolutely gorgeous!!

Love the scene where Amiya says not to leave her side and Dokutah just leaves lmfaooo.
Nov 18, 2022 8:52 PM
Apr 2016
Anyone else notice how really good they are at making a fictional architecture from game art into 2d animation?! I sometimes forgot the character and just focusing on the background art. Almost seem like they put extra effort for that specifically.

Story still accurate to the game. So much character shown in this episode. I kinda wish they put extra focus to some fan favorites but well this is also not too bad. A balance proportion. Keep it up.
Nov 18, 2022 9:03 PM

May 2018
Ex waifu is here. But where's her long nagging?
Nov 18, 2022 10:13 PM

Apr 2017
Finally more main character showed in this eps , and also some combat scene of 3 star operator , the pacing is more good then the previous eps too i hope they can maintain it
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Nov 18, 2022 10:42 PM

Aug 2014
Uh, I am curious about what will happen next
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Nov 18, 2022 10:56 PM
Sep 2016
It's weird watching this and knowing exactly where this is going! This episode also went by really fast! Also, seeing the Docktah throwing rocks was really funny lol
Nov 18, 2022 10:58 PM

Feb 2020
always wanted to see Lungmen in the anime: the cityscape, bright lights... just so different from many of the landships in Terra. even Amiya was surprised, bringing out her child self. loved the little squeals and cute moments there!

not much to say, but next ep is gonna dive right into something like a tug-of-war, as Reunion too, seems to be looking for the same person
Nov 18, 2022 11:17 PM

Jul 2021
I like the surrounding during the night time, very mesmerizing. Kal'tsit seems to know Doctor, hmmm there might be a later story about their ocnnection and Ch'en is kind of bratty, especially during that call. Misha is safe and sound. So far, things may be a bit too vague for me in terms of the mystery (and it's not bad!)
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 19, 2022 12:13 AM

Apr 2016
Chen, my beloved.

Hoowee, I love Misha's VA. Nice to start up this arc, and we get to see the next enemy too, gee I hope nothing goes wrong.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Nov 19, 2022 2:09 AM

Apr 2022
oh no, chief wei is hot
Nov 19, 2022 4:12 AM

Apr 2016
BlichoBoy said:

I wonder what Misha did.

If you don't mind some spoilers, I could tell you.
Nov 19, 2022 4:21 AM
Nov 2022
OMG, It's so much better than I thought
Nov 19, 2022 7:30 AM
Jul 2015
Doc casually throwing rocks at the bullies was my favorite part.

I can't believe only 4 more episodes left to go. Knowing how it all turns out, it will be packed full of action!
Nov 19, 2022 7:42 AM

Jul 2015
Ex-Wife is finally here! Lets freaking gooo! they absolutely cut short her 90% of dialogues and for good reasons... Kal'tits is the pinnacle of a wife who never shut ups in the game..

Misha voice sounds superb and Yato voiceline! Love the A1 team cameo in the background.. hope we heart a bit of Kroos like Yato..

Absolutely love that they used the same angle for Ch'en as in-game angle for her scene..

I can't find any issues with the anime except it being overly short and 8 episodes are not nearly enough.. :/
Nov 19, 2022 8:10 AM
Oct 2022
I really love it, thanks for your hard work
Nov 19, 2022 9:53 AM

Nov 2022
It was Ok.

I actually expected some action in this ep, but nope. Still, it wasn't all informational like before, and I enjoyed the story-building. Nice to know there will be more depth than just the main characters running headlong into battle after battle with flimsy reasons as to the motivations behind the fights, such as the fight with Mephisto and Faust in ep 2. Granted, I haven't really touched the game, so I have no idea what to expect.

The series is moving pretty slow though, overall. Curious as to how much they'll accomplish in just four more eps.
Nov 19, 2022 10:43 AM

Feb 2021
Doctor throwing rocks was unexpected lol. I half expected this episode to be filled with Kaltsit's monologues but it had to be cut short because of the time restrictions.
Nov 19, 2022 6:36 PM
Oct 2019
so all the Animal people have 4 ears? interesting...

rescue Misha completed?

Nov 19, 2022 7:57 PM

Apr 2008
We know Rhodes are the idealists, but prioritizing the request of some random kids over the government organization they're trying to strike a deal with is iffy. Suppose something in the contract or unrevealed detail of what Lungman does to infected could make it less extreme.
Nov 19, 2022 10:42 PM

Sep 2016
This anime tries really hard to feel deep, dark, serious, mature and cinematic, but I still don't understand what the hell is even going on.
style over substance.
now I understand why when I played the game I just skipped all the texts after 10 minutes
dropped
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 20, 2022 3:35 AM

Feb 2014
Liskarm is here, my first 5 star defender.

Why is Doctor throwing rocks? Those are precious materials to upgrade your operator. LOL!

Nov 20, 2022 5:05 AM
Apr 2020
Great episode. Those who are new to this series will probably think this episode is a slow burn, but yeah, this story is not about wars and epic fight scenes, it's about navigating the political scene in Terra. It's a political drama first and an action later.
Nov 20, 2022 6:50 AM

May 2015
Subquest completed. 1000 exp
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 20, 2022 10:10 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Always fun to see the ambushers be ambushed. Nice to see Liskarm and Franka too. Blacksteel are great allies of RI. No matter where you go seems the infected are treated the same. In fact its this fact that will only swell Reunion's numbers. I really liked the expansion of the lore via their entry into Lungmen. While on the surface it was high tech beneath it was a all too familiar story of the poor being exploited by the strong that RI is now stepping in to help deal with. Looks like despite their boasts Reunion managed to slip in quite easily. But overall a fun ep that while a quiet one did well to expand upon the lore while introducing new characters like Liskarm, Franka, Ch'en and Lungmen's leader Wei.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2022 4:32 PM

Feb 2021
Damn Lungmen really won't let the infected get in. I mean I get it. You wouldn't want people with mysterious disease entering your town, especially if you're one of the security guards. That aside, Lungmen looks beautiful at night. I love the contrast between the shot of it at night showing lights and presenting this luxurious lifestyle, when during the day it shows the slum. Why did Misha do to get chased by thugs? Did she perhaps steal a loaf of bread and get found out? Maybe I can answer my own question by reading the wiki but I don't want to spoil myself, so I'm going to ask here: why is the Doctor wearing full-face mask (a helmet even) with layers of clothes? Is it necessary for him because he has a frail body or something, or it's just to hide his identity?

Doctor Kal'tsit is voiced by none other than Hikasa Yoko herself. Very soothing and cool! Speaking of Kal'tsit, she's very tall or it's just us who's below 170 cm.

Why do I get the feeling Chen orders Liskarm and Franka to eventually capture Misha?
Yuu_KanzakiNov 20, 2022 4:43 PM
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Nov 20, 2022 4:39 PM

Feb 2018
Looks like we've finally been introduced to Ch'en.
The visuals they did for the city in this episode looked really nice, giving it some vibes.
Seeing how it ended I'm guessing there is going to be some action next episode.
Nov 20, 2022 6:26 PM
Nov 2022
BEAGLE MOVED OH MY GOD THEY ANIMATED BEAGLE SHE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRAME OH JMYHOG
Nov 21, 2022 1:17 AM

Mar 2010
Two Yato cameos in two consecutive weeks, 10/10 earned

Nov 21, 2022 4:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Misha Bear!!!! Well, rescue and .... kekeke
Nov 21, 2022 10:48 AM
Jun 2013
It's amazing fanservice for Arknights players, but I can see how the exposition dumping and slow pacing can be a detriment for people who aren't familiar with the world. Still, I think the gritty nature of Arknights' world is something profound and fun to experience so I hope any newcomers can push through and continue. The animation quality is still pleasantly surprising despite entering the later episodes (it is an 8 episode series) so no falloff there.
Nov 23, 2022 4:20 AM
Feb 2020
Odd_Man said:
It was Ok.

I actually expected some action in this ep, but nope. Still, it wasn't all informational like before, and I enjoyed the story-building. Nice to know there will be more depth than just the main characters running headlong into battle after battle with flimsy reasons as to the motivations behind the fights, such as the fight with Mephisto and Faust in ep 2. Granted, I haven't really touched the game, so I have no idea what to expect.

The series is moving pretty slow though, overall. Curious as to how much they'll accomplish in just four more eps.

If it helps you be at ease and feel like your getting lost, it was like this in the game too. Chapters 0-3 was slow and had pacing issues,with chapter 2,3 and others moving forward fixing the pacing issue. Without spoiling any plot, the battles start to get intresting, unlike the first few encounter with CrownSlayer and Mephisto/Faust. Though,idk if the anime can adapt the fights properly in anime form, so I'm a tad bit scared. Hope the director can convey the emotions and personality of the characters when they are engaged in battle properly.👌
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Dec 16, 2022

94 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:15 AM

» Is it canon that the doctor is a caucasian?

Papa_Scorch - Apr 23, 2023

6 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

» Official Survey - Which side story do you want to see animated?

Yaggamy - Nov 27, 2023

3 by 5U35 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Dec 9, 2022

68 by mreo »»
Oct 21, 2023 6:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.