Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Cats are like memes in this show at this point lol

Looks like the typical family issue going around but it's normal to have a guy like Fujio worry about his daughter. To be honest, his family is actually quite normal in a show like this.
Nov 5, 2022 6:02 AM

Apr 2010
Uzaki's father was still worried about his daughter's lover or at least the guy she was thinking about.
Shame we didn't see the moment he realises who that person is tho.

And the mother still have a big misunderstanding, i wonder how she will react if she knew it was about cats.
As for Hana it seems she is on to something but a relationship still seems of for the time being.
Nov 5, 2022 7:34 AM

Jul 2017
Sakurai sure fits well within the gym, and Fujio looks like he's mentoring him well. But he doesn't realize that Uzaki's interest in Sakurai is tormenting him and trying to get advice from fellow gym buffs sounds like a taboo, especially when said guy IS RIGHT SMACK in front of him. Certainly, this conversation "game" sure would be a shock to the father when he realizes the truth, aside from Sakurai conversing in a mature and just manner.

As for Uzaki herself...just waiting for Sakurai to even read her reply, it's so easy to read her just by her eye twitching to the right when she lies. Once again, both Sakurai and Uzaki are hanging out at the latter's place while Tsuki hangs out at the Asia Café, giving them a confirmation of their feelings. Tsuki thought that she and Sakurai got closer, when in actual fact it was just the cats lols, the level of misunderstanding escalates.

While celebrating Uzaki's mom's birthday, Hana realizes that she didn't know when Sakurai's birthday, and the only person that she can turn to is Sakaki...but both Ami and her dad also knows as well. The only problem is how would Uzaki celebrate for him and celebrate normally they did, it's the Senpai who's gonna graduate a year faster than the kouhai.

Asking him to get held back a year though...it's a high order though.
KANLen09Nov 6, 2022 4:18 AM
Nov 5, 2022 8:10 AM
Oct 2016
Uzaki now knows her time with Sakurai is drawing to a close. Sakaki has been trying to tell her and now it's finally clicked. Time is ticking and neither one has made any substantial move on the other. Sakurai has become more clear headed with his working out at the gym and knows how he feels about Uzaki. The girl herself realizing how much Sakurai means to her. Both seeing how fun spending time together is. Its sad to think these days are getting to their end, can't last forever in this stage. At some point one has to make the ultimate move otherwise they've leave each other behind. Thinking about all that at the end of the episode did make me really sad. But the beginning was fun with Uzaki dad and Sakurai both talking about Uzaki without realizing it. Funny how two people can have totally different perspectives on a person and think they're talking about different people because of that.
Nov 5, 2022 8:22 AM

Mar 2010
The gym part with the dad venting was too good seeing as it was Sakurai they were talking about and Tsuki's misunderstanding just made this real fucking hawt, my dic got flacid in a heartbeat.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 5, 2022 8:30 AM

Feb 2019
Honestly there’s nothing more romantic than being asked to fail a year to stay with someone lmao. As usual, tsuki stole the show tho. Love her misunderstandings with sakurai. The birthday kitchen scene really puts into perspective how big the Uzaki family is which makes these misunderstandings even funnier.
Nov 5, 2022 8:48 AM

Oct 2022
Didn't really enjoyed the part with the arrows pointing at him, because that's just not funny imo
Quite liked seeing more of the Uzaki family and especially more of her mother tho and the misunderstandings just keep coming..
Nov 5, 2022 9:07 AM
Apr 2014
They mistranslated next episode's title.
It should have been "Uzaki-chan wants to make him confess!"
Nov 5, 2022 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
Expressing your inner most thoughts and feelings to one you really like, and holding them in with worry of breaking the status quo. This show plays on that brilliantly. But damn, I wish they just got a room, its agonising watching them! And damn does the mother need some action, she of in the clouds with her fantasies ;)
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 5, 2022 9:52 AM
May 2021
Uzaki fumbled the bag
Well, she's come this far
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Nov 5, 2022 9:58 AM
Oct 2021
Not gonna lie, shit is getting old, I resonate with the characters that want them to date already and I'm starting to get pissed with them, might drop this and just speed read the manga.
Nov 5, 2022 10:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The misunderstandings are really at it again xD Poor Tsuki her mind is way too dirty. Also Sakurai's birthday... of course Uzaki would like him to stay at school forever
Nov 5, 2022 10:30 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Hana had the perfect layup to confess, but she bricked it. Now I understand why everyone who is close to Hana and Sakurai is trying to ship them together because time is running out and all their efforts in trying to get them together will be wasted. Sakurai seems to have found comfort in going to the gym, but is not aware that Fuji is Hana's dad. Tsuki keeps misreading Sakurai in their conversations with her mind always in the gutter from too many daytime dramas and erotic novels. Hana needs to be more assertive if she wants a chance being Sakurai's girlfriend.
Nov 5, 2022 10:51 AM

Dec 2013
The Uzaki family is always a delight to see with their misunderstandings, it is a shame Hana and Sakurai's relationship is stuck on the enteral loop that plagues these comedies but what can you do, it's been pretty wholesome to see how each one is realizing about their feelings but it would be great is they were dating already.
Nov 5, 2022 11:08 AM

May 2020
Bro no way Uzaki papa and mama did the deed after the birthday celebration( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 5, 2022 12:44 PM

Jul 2016
What? Japanese parents showing affection on screen? Now when was the last time I saw something like that in anime...?

Also this might be the only show where misunderstandings are actually entertaining to watch. Like seriously, Uzaki mama thinking Sakurai is a sex beast is hilarious.

Roch2001 said:
And damn does the mother need some action, she of in the clouds with her fantasies ;)

Don't worry. Pretty sure her husband already gave her tons of action that birthday night ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 5, 2022 12:48 PM

Feb 2013
Meh they changed the birthday chapter quite a bit... Cut all of Sakurais thoughts and even Uzakis facial reactions... Too bad.
I can see which chapter they want to conclude the season with but still..
Nov 5, 2022 1:14 PM
May 2020
Uzaki had the perfect opportunity to confess smh
Nov 5, 2022 2:12 PM
Mar 2015
She could not pull the trigger
Nov 5, 2022 2:38 PM

May 2015
SouthRzVa said:
Don't worry. Pretty sure her husband already gave her tons of action that birthday night ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I can imagine Hana and her siblings overhearing them and cringing to death...
Nov 5, 2022 3:01 PM

Feb 2018
Honestly, that couldn't have been a more more Uzaki way to answer that final bit.
Just when you think she's about to come out and say it, she totally misses the mark.
Nov 5, 2022 4:04 PM

May 2019
The misunderstandings with Tsuki continue and are entertaining as always. At this point I think Tsuki will be relieved and even a little disappointed when she finds out that it was all in her head.

I thought Hana was going to confess but it looks like she chickened out although the way she insists Sakurai loves her I think she really wants him to confess. Maybe one of them will confess next episode based on the title but I'm skeptical.
Nov 5, 2022 4:32 PM

Jul 2016
El-Melloi said:
SouthRzVa said:

I can imagine Hana and her siblings overhearing them and cringing to death...

Such is the fate of those whose parents still keep the fire alive after years of living together, monotonous routines and three pregnancies.
Nov 5, 2022 4:36 PM
Oct 2019
Just too good. So funny I laughed so much in this episode
Nov 5, 2022 4:38 PM

Feb 2008
I'm really glad to see this show get back on track after the first couple of episodes kind of going nowhere.

Nov 5, 2022 6:21 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I really enjoyed Fuji venting about Uzaki and her “boyfriend”, the arrows that kept pointing at Sakurai while they were talking about him was really funny, the day Fuji finds out will be legendary. And looks like we’re still getting little bits of Yanagi here and there, still waiting till she starts getting involved. Sakurai finally got to hold one of Uzaki’s cats, that was really sweet, I can relate but of course I got my own cats to pet lol.

And the cats would lead to an amazing bit where Tsuki’s misunderstanding gets even greater, I really loved that lol. It was also Tsuki’s birthday, it looked like her and Fuji may have gotten busy with that “overslept” line. And that final bit where Uzaki finally realized she was running out of time to hang with Sakurai in college was really good, of course she does a 180 and asks him to stay behind a year lol. But this makes things more interesting for sure.
Nov 5, 2022 7:18 PM

May 2022
Uzaki-chan wants to be loved! Good progress is made. Sooner or later, one of them will confess, and it looks good for a proper couple's relationship! I can't wait for Uzaki's Pop to finally meet his daughter's boyfriend! That may be the real climax of the season.
Nov 5, 2022 9:53 PM
Nov 2020
That ending hurt.

Ya that might be one too many pictures
Nov 5, 2022 10:42 PM
Oct 2019
The gym scene was so hilarious, i can't wait when they actually figured it out

Damn Mom Uzaki fan service...
misunderstanding continues when Sakurai talking about cats... lol

Oh my god that ending was BRUHHHHH
Nov 6, 2022 2:49 AM

Aug 2020
Nice episode, with a lot happening. Hana's dad overthinking things while not realizing his daughter's crush is standing right next to him, her mom thinking she had everything sorted out, and then misinterpreting him saying he'd like to hold both. Sakurai's bday was fun too, and a cute scene at the end, where I almost thought the anime team would depart the manga timeline and make Hana confess, but then it turned out she wanted him to stay in the same year, lol.

Starting to enjoy this season more now.
Nov 6, 2022 5:36 AM
Jan 2018
maan and here i'm thinking Uzaki was going to confess her feeling - got'em moment right there otherwise another amazing episode
Nov 6, 2022 10:31 AM
Feb 2021
we gettin closer...
Nov 6, 2022 3:18 PM

Oct 2008
I can only say this: Uzaki's mom, Tsuki, have a great birthday day xD
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Nov 6, 2022 11:38 PM

Apr 2019
damn, why did you not confess? it was literally the perfect moment, time and mood for a confession but guessing from the title for the next episode she did think about it though it seems she won't do it yet in the next episode yet either from what I can gather from various romance animes I've seen already
Nov 6, 2022 11:47 PM

Oct 2008
this episode was less funnier...prev ep was hella chaotic fun!
4/5.

Nov 7, 2022 1:57 AM

Mar 2008
I think I collapsed a lung...from Tsuki imaging a threesome when Sakurai was talking about the cats

And I really thought for a second Hana was going to confess at least in a subtle way....
Nov 7, 2022 11:54 AM

Sep 2020
Uzaki's mom misunderstanding what they're talking about is always so funny~The atmosphere of the last scene is really nice.
Nov 7, 2022 8:05 PM

Aug 2019
They've created some serious build up between Sakurai and Fujiro, shits gonna drop like a nuke when they rlly meet. Will also say i'm happy for Sakurai that he found something he enjoys doing, it's obviously improved his mental tenfolds. Personally trying to fit in any form of personal hobby in the past few years has been near impossible due to studying just hogging so much personal life sadge.

Real nice birthday for Sakurai by Uzaki, at least he doesn't have to celebrate it alone. I truly believed Uzaki was gonna confess, took that shit hook line and sinker.
Nov 7, 2022 11:20 PM

Jul 2019
It feels weird seeing Sakurai talking normally to Uzaki. It's nice with some character development but it feels off. :P

I hope we'll see some romance this season.
Nov 8, 2022 12:44 PM

Feb 2012
Sakurai unknowingly painted himself in a better light for Fuji. His daughter's sempai is just too pure to make a move!
Meanwhile, Tsuki's imagination runs wild yet again. Sakurai's just talking about cats.
Sakurai will be graduating soon, Uzaki's running out of time to confess.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 8, 2022 3:05 PM

Sep 2009
That was close. I love the way Tsuki-san is getting more and more confused every time
Nov 10, 2022 1:19 AM

Apr 2015
They're doing same the misunderstanding thing all season
Nov 11, 2022 5:41 PM

Aug 2014
Asking another to repeat grade is so absurd XD
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Nov 15, 2022 1:03 PM

Jun 2019
Uzaki's mom is the best addition to this anime. LMAO. Love her so much.
Nov 19, 2022 6:20 AM

Aug 2013
Tsuki's imagination is running wild again. XD I'm waiting for the moment when Uzaki introduces Sakurai to her father.

Nov 19, 2022 10:30 PM

Oct 2020
Happy Birthday Shinichi Sakurai.
JanWiller06Nov 20, 2022 2:01 AM
Dec 27, 2022 9:49 AM
Jan 2017
I feel good knowing that Hana's mom gets railed regularly by a big muscle dad. Top women should be for top men only.
Dec 28, 2022 6:30 AM

Jan 2017
The eventual realization by Hana's dad that her "boyfriend" is Sakurai is gonna be gold
Jan 1, 2023 6:02 PM

Dec 2018
personally, my issue with romantic comedy is the overuse of "misunderstandings" that can be really cringe. this show does it well at least but it does feel like it's dragging. i prefer the comedy bits that don't really involve that, and i don't like the cat gimmick but i'm really just wondering how if they've been friends for so long he hasn't met the whole family. like, when is the dad finally going to find out?
Jan 23, 2023 9:09 PM
Mar 2021
progress first name based
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

Youre_boyIruma - Apr 1

13 by Laaziri »»
Apr 2, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Double Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2022

73 by Badak02 »»
Jan 31, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Double Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

122 by Badak02 »»
Jan 21, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Double Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

135 by Kiubi-Sarashino »»
Jan 13, 9:19 PM

» The last moments of the episode...

DonniedaCultured - Dec 24, 2022

8 by Gator »»
Dec 6, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.