Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 2023 2:33 PM
Sep 2009
I was hoping that no time had passed in the real world and when they got home went back to the same spots they were when they got transported to the other place. Would have been a more impactful ending, if ya know what I mean.
May 4, 2023 11:37 AM

Jun 2017
What are these people complaining about? Sure the movie was about children, and I don't mind that! I would recommend this to anyone! This story is actually deep and has a moral lesson to it. There are pasts meant to let go and there are memories meant to be treasured!

I can sort of relate to Kousuke when Natsume kept her distance from her and acted as if they weren't best friends before. We tend to have that in our elementary days. Heck! Even in our older days when we just lost touch with someone who was actually close to us.

It was wholesome how much Noppo(the apartment) brought them back together, and stronger than before. The apartment may have gone, but the memories and friendship will remain forever.

There's no need for an epilogue! Sometimes too much elaboration could make a story tacky.
KoniginElleMay 4, 2023 11:42 AM

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 18, 2023 4:37 PM

Feb 2019
I enjoyed this movie for its themes, but my dud whoever made this is a lil bit of a sadist... It's not fun watching children get hurt like that. It's just wrong
Jun 3, 2023 4:14 PM

Aug 2021
alright so its been like 2 months since i watched this movie and all i have are bad memories.

the movie started out pretty good with a fun cast of characters and a somehow fun plot where you just dont question anything. the cast was the thing keeping the movie going. i wasnt a huge fan of natsume but the others made up for it. they can be annoying but it added to it and made them more realistic. however, the moment the plant guy started being relevant, it started going downhill.

the visuals were beautiful and all, but the story was so goddamn rushed after the plant guy started being relevant. they never explained all the lore behind it and natsume was just so annoying to watch. like i get it children are dumb, they make mistakes, etc etc but wow they didn't have to make her this unwatchable. she barely had redeeming qualities so it was hard to emphasize with her choices. when she jumped off the boat at that moment i just started to get a headache at everything happening. at this part the movie just became laughably bad. they pulled random shit out of their ass and the funniest part was that random girl who was the amusement park or something?? they never explained this part too. the spirits of the buildings are watching and stuff?? was the girl the ferris wheel or the whole amusement park?? kousuke was a good character though and they gave him proper development, but i felt like he became one of those character.ai where he slowly but surely lost personality overtime. 

the storm scene felt like watching an animation studio have diahrrea and throw it in my face, sometimes i can excuse confusing stories for beautiful visuals (like Bubble) but this?? nothing was comprehendible and when i felt like they were going to explain that one plot point, some other shit happens and im just supposed to follow along. its not even a story, you're just taking a whole ass novel and compressing it into a single chapter. the ending was also hilarious me and my brother quote it weekly, "are you sure you guys are okay??" and the two main characters just.. stare at each other. then the credits roll. it was so fucking funny. im not sure if thats even a conclusion or not.

Reina was one of the best parts of the movie, she was like a tsundere but she is also a child. she gave off a lot of endearing moments that made the movie so much better. the rest of the cast were almost as good like Taichi, as they all were their own characters and all gave off their own vibes. this is why the first half of the movie was so good. the cast carried it so hard that when the movie started focusing on plot, it completely lost its charm. Noppo felt useless, he was a mysterious character nobody cared about and we were supposed to be sad or something when he was supposed to be left behind. i know it's difficult to move on, but jumping off a fucking boat in the middle of a hurricane to go see a building spirit isn't something any logical TODDLER would do. 

the visuals were of course awesome though. i liked seeing it even when i couldnt comprehend shit. at least they made it pleasing for the eye.

overall i doubt i'll ever rewatch this. it made no sense and the only reason i'll be rewatching it will be because of the first half.
Jul 1, 2023 8:00 AM

Feb 2022
Ok this movie doesn't deserve the majority 7 score it should be at least 8.
Jul 27, 2023 10:33 AM
Aug 2022
I liked the movie and I love the friendship between Kousuke and Natsume. Visually the movie was good and the story was ok, a bit too long though. 
Sep 24, 2023 3:10 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
This movie was fine, definitely aimed towards younger audiences but it had a nice message and alright characters who (most of them) had redeeming qualities that made them fun to watch as long as you have an open mind. Natsume immediately became my favorite, I love altruistic characters sm

They could've maybe cut the movie short instead of having so much drama, but eh. Not a big deal. The ending had a lot of things left unsaid that were fairly easy to interpreted, such as the reason for the apartment floating out to the sea being that Noppo wanted to turn back time because he missed Natsume and Kousuke. All of them went through growth. It was nice to see Natsume patchings things up with her mother in the end. Solid 7/10
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Oct 15, 2023 9:43 AM

Mar 2019
Wait, this movie was about the journey of the spirit of a condemned building in search of nirvana? That's what I understood lol
Nov 11, 2023 4:13 PM
Aug 2023
Objectively, this movie might not rate very highly but it has an incredibly special place in my heart.
Dec 15, 2023 8:20 AM

Sep 2020
Have to watch this in 2x speed. Very boring anime and the characters are super annoying to be honest. 3/10
Dec 15, 2023 8:23 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to ggloll
Ok this movie doesn't deserve the majority 7 score it should be at least 8.
@ggloll It should have been below 7 to be honest.
Dec 15, 2023 8:36 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to ZXEAN
@ggloll It should have been below 7 to be honest.
@ZXEAN yeah i forgor most of the plots💀💀💀
Jan 3, 7:18 AM
Mar 2018
Loved plot and vibrance
Jan 3, 6:13 PM

May 2019
This movie was about annoying kids being terribly annoying, to the point a building spirit or whatever accept his own death.
Mar 8, 10:36 PM
Mar 2024
good movie liked it
Mar 8, 10:37 PM
Mar 2024
good movie liked it
Mar 10, 7:55 PM
Oct 2021
It's very nice, beautiful and the history is nice, not very impresevi
Apr 18, 6:29 AM

May 2020
Never seen a movie like this but the story not going well. The reason i can enjoy this movie is the environment and art detail. They make it so good.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you enjoy the most annoying characters in an anime movie and over 1h of constant arguing, this is the movie for you

Ceresty - Oct 16, 2022

14 by sharosharo »»
Apr 18, 6:27 AM

» Anyone else got so annoyed with this movie?

Lookiiii - Sep 16, 2022

40 by Atsunome »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:53 AM

» ZUTOMAYO MV PV?

GamingLiamStudio - Sep 8, 2022

6 by IridescentJaune »»
Apr 6, 2023 12:40 PM

» New post-release trailer featuring Auld Lang Syne song.

RealNath - Sep 18, 2022

2 by SobbleBoy27 »»
Sep 18, 2022 11:32 AM

» Why this one is listed as a movie while Bubble as a ONA ?

ZXEAN - Sep 16, 2022

4 by campfiretype »»
Sep 16, 2022 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.