Forum Settings
Forums

If you enjoy the most annoying characters in an anime movie and over 1h of constant arguing, this is the movie for you

New
Oct 16, 2022 3:21 PM

Jan 2019
The only reason I finished this movie was the nice visuals and music. "They're kids and they're supposed to act like brats" or "The characters need to be bad in order to get good" doesn't really apply here. Reina got no redemption arc whatsoever in the end. She's still shown fighting with Natsume after returning to the apartment roof after Noppo rescues everyone. Don't waste your time watching this.
Oct 16, 2022 4:36 PM
Sep 2022
it was actually good to me and emotionally draining visuals were on point....it was nice actually... honestly even liked the fact that Reina still has some beef with natsume, Aren't you tired of movies ending the same way?? (Making up finally at the end).The movie was good plsss, it's just you that doesn't like it.
Oct 16, 2022 6:42 PM
Oct 2021
Aeionie said:
it was actually good to me and emotionally draining visuals were on point....it was nice actually... honestly even liked the fact that Reina still has some beef with natsume, Aren't you tired of movies ending the same way?? (Making up finally at the end).The movie was good plsss, it's just you that doesn't like it.

Yeah I agree... The movie was really good
Oct 16, 2022 6:54 PM
Sep 2022
Death_thekidd said:
Aeionie said:

Yeah I agree... The movie was really good

fr...and it was funny tooo...I laughed my a** out at some scenes... especially when Reina and others freaked out when they first saw Nippo😭😭💔...like why wouldn't you like this movie...it was also intense too,much more better than bubble.
Oct 16, 2022 8:45 PM
May 2022
Movie was very pretty and sounded amazing. Horrible screenwriting.
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Oct 17, 2022 5:48 AM

Jan 2019
Aeionie said:

Only because you liked it doesn't mean everyone does. Just as when I didn't like it, doesn't mean I think everyone has to hate it. In my opinion,characters are what make the movie good. Characters like Reina let's say, need character development to be decent characters. If you look at the other posts about the movie, you'll see that I'm not alone in my opinion.
CerestyOct 18, 2022 9:18 AM
Oct 17, 2022 3:28 PM
Aug 2022
Ceresty said:
The only reason I finished this movie was the nice visuals and music. "They're kids and they're supposed to act like brats" or "The characters need to be bad in order to get good" doesn't really apply here. Reina got no redemption arc whatsoever in the end. She's still shown fighting with Natsume after returning to the apartment roof after Noppo rescues everyone. Don't waste your time watching this.

It probably wouldn’t have been so bad if the movie was shorter, or if we were told why they everyone was fighting before they got stranded. I couldn’t handle it after a certain point.
Oct 18, 2022 11:22 AM

Oct 2009
HappyCat2004 said:
Ceresty said:

It probably wouldn’t have been so bad if the movie was shorter, or if we were told why they everyone was fighting before they got stranded. I couldn’t handle it after a certain point.

I agree, if the movie was shorter it would've been a normal "amusing" amount of arguing but the tension was worse than two sex-hungry adults and it felt so weird why pre-teens were having that much angst in the midst of a life-threatening situation. It's weird how they are emotionally capable of holding it out in terms of surviving but angst they just??? And it's not a reason that they were kids. It made LESS sense that they were kids and they were more emotionally mature to survive but not admit feelings???
Oct 18, 2022 10:15 PM
Sep 2020
They are kids. What do you expect them to do? Have a civil discussion similar to a UN meeting? I actually like this anime because of the great character development, nothing on which involves them being annoying. Although, with what the others said, I also agree that the movie was too long. I still stick regardless with my stand of it being good. But the 2 hours was unnecessary if they could've spent it on expanding the characters and the setting.
melody_melon23Oct 18, 2022 10:18 PM
Nov 1, 2022 4:01 PM

May 2015
Less annoying than Totoro
Mar 1, 2023 2:53 AM
Nov 2020
Aeionie said:

yea... it was a good watch ... something different....
Oct 15, 2023 9:38 AM

Mar 2019
I didn't think the film was bad, but in fact, if the characters were less annoying I would have liked it a lot more.
Dec 10, 2023 5:45 PM

May 2019
Ceresty said:

hahahah thanks for this comment.

Right now i'm in my 3rd attempt to finish this movie on Netflix (each i just endured half-hour or less) and i can't agree more.

But Reina is a victim. The (supposed to be) main couple is insufferable!
Dec 15, 2023 8:28 AM

Sep 2020
I 100% agree with your statment. This movie is full of annoying characters. Have to watch it in 2x speed lol.
Apr 18, 6:27 AM

May 2020
I just watching kids argue while their apartment is drifting. Damn, what kind of this movie. Enjoying art is the most reasonable for watching this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ame wo Tsugeru Hyouryuu Danchi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

truth999 - Sep 16, 2022

67 by sharosharo »»
Apr 18, 6:29 AM

» Anyone else got so annoyed with this movie?

Lookiiii - Sep 16, 2022

40 by Atsunome »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:53 AM

» ZUTOMAYO MV PV?

GamingLiamStudio - Sep 8, 2022

6 by IridescentJaune »»
Apr 6, 2023 12:40 PM

» New post-release trailer featuring Auld Lang Syne song.

RealNath - Sep 18, 2022

2 by SobbleBoy27 »»
Sep 18, 2022 11:32 AM

» Why this one is listed as a movie while Bubble as a ONA ?

ZXEAN - Sep 16, 2022

4 by campfiretype »»
Sep 16, 2022 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.