Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2022 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
Man, I haven't seen WaruMonzaemon in awhile. Still cruel as ever even in this season.

Meanwhile, I kinda like how the episode had more emotions between Digmion and humans. WaruMonzaemon is like one of those engimas that is more dangerous than he appears.
Jun 18, 2022 7:52 PM

Feb 2020
WaruMonzaemon is more than I can bear. *Ba Dum Tss*

Ex-Tyrannomon and Kayono were both cute. :3

SerafosJun 18, 2022 11:37 PM
Jun 18, 2022 8:25 PM

Jan 2020
There's no super evolution this time.

Probably next week since its Angoramon special.
Jun 18, 2022 8:39 PM

Jul 2011
Kayono point is somewhat relatable. Depending how her friends were portrayed, she would be right.

The only that should had stayed as doll, would be her teacher, that guy sound like a manipulative teacher.
Jun 19, 2022 12:43 AM

Feb 2019
kayuza77 said:

But there was a super evolution, betelgammamon did after the yellow bear attacked the other bear and dinosaur.

For me, this episode felt the weakest of the past 30 episodes.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jun 19, 2022 2:08 AM

Nov 2020
Hesmiyu said:
kayuza77 said:

But there was a super evolution, betelgammamon did after the yellow bear attacked the other bear and dinosaur.

Nah, personally I really liked this episode, like a lot, the danger, pseudo-horror and the "villain" were pretty good in comparison to other episodes, I think that making a human the antagonist and not like a lot of other antagonists in this season that are just Digimon that don't understand human world, this was a normal girl that given the circumstances turned into the antagonist by her own will, and not by "misunderstanding", I find it interesting and new to the season
Jun 19, 2022 3:59 AM

Jan 2020
Hesmiyu said:
kayuza77 said:

Um I mean new super evolution since this episode is Ruli special
Jun 19, 2022 4:11 AM

Jul 2013
That girl Kayono was a true psycho, lol. She got off way too easily, if Hiro and his friends wouldn't have stopped her she for sure would have turned into a serial killer. Ex-Tyrannomon's attacks also looked horrifying.

Hopefully next episode is the one where Angoramon goes Perfect. Would be interesting, since his Perfect evolution is a wild beast, the total opposite of him, and also seems to have two swords (and next episode is centered about a cursed sword).
Jun 19, 2022 5:19 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Nice addition of Thetismon to the opening in a few frames.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 19, 2022 5:41 AM

Oct 2016
what did Aoi mean at the end with "by the way, that rabbit...?"
im guessing she was talking about Angoramon, but im pretty sure she didnt see him in this episode, unless she was asking sort of "where is that rabbit"... i may be thinking too much into this one lmao
Jun 19, 2022 7:45 AM

Apr 2020
Ne Ne, good episode. Black matter is a dangerous attack.

PrecureHunter said:
im guessing she was talking about Angoramon, but im pretty sure she didnt see him in this episode, unless she was asking sort of "where is that rabbit"... i may be thinking too much into this one lmao

She was attacked by "holograms" that turned her into a doll. So I guess she figured out "that rabbit", Angoramon, is also more than just a hologram.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 19, 2022 7:53 AM
Feb 2017
Hesmiyu said:

Hm... Nah. Disagree. That title belongs to the Splashmon episode
Jun 19, 2022 8:30 AM

Jan 2009
hopefully next episode its Angoramons ultimate evolution
Jun 19, 2022 10:11 AM

Dec 2013
Kayono is the cutest girl they ahve shown so far, she looked lovely on that black dress, the dolls design was also on point, I would love those dolls of the main cast.
Jun 19, 2022 12:15 PM
Apr 2022
PrecureHunter said:

She was definitely talking about Angoramon. It's also tying back to episode 15 when Angoramon stepped in to help her, Ruri, and their other friend when they were attacked by a Boogiemon.

Between Boogiemon, Phelesmon, Kayono's puppet pals, and Gammamon not even pretending to be just a hologram at this point (he's literally eating right in front of them), Aoi obviously realizes that Angoramon probably isn't just an "AI hologram". This was brought up back in episode 15 as well, where Aoi and the other one pointedly don't press Ruri on what just happened and just let it go as "I guess Ruri has some things she's keeping to herself". The framing suggests that the two of them are good friends for respecting her boundaries and remaining supportive even if they don't know everything about her. The callback also makes sense considering this episode is literally about bad friends.

And incidentally, "keeping things to herself" and "having a hidden side" is one of the ongoing character themes for Ruri. Ruri is both a social media influencers/gossip blog doyenne and seemingly a classically trained and talented pianist which is an interesting mix for a character… The episode with Reppamon was all about that, with her stepping in so that a Digimon who literally has two sides to himself didn't throw away a part of who he is even if they don't match. The same thing happened with the Digitamamon episode, he was a cheerful, intelligent Digimon who is Angoramon's old friend and also a serial killer who wins the episode by asking who Angoramon actually is…
Jun 19, 2022 10:07 PM

Jul 2013
Kayono has the best fashion sense out of all the human characters.
Jun 20, 2022 2:16 AM

Jun 2019
Kayono definitely stole my heart this episode.

Also, as if the last episode didn't serve as enough confirmation and grist for the mill, even with only a relatively minor appearance this episode, I still see only cause for the ongoing militant shipping of Kiyoshiro and Jellymon, which I will continue to partake in.
Jun 22, 2022 6:12 AM

Mar 2008
Kayono is really mentally off to not even flinch at what she should have assumed was potentially killing people. Though I guess when there is no blood or dead body it’s hard to process that turning someone to a doll and tearing up the doll surely could be the end of them. At least it was as simple as stitching them back together before turning them back which she at no point even asked if it was possible which made her seem worse a person than she actually was. She just was having a mental breakdown and not thinking about her actions because it’s hard to fathom for her what she was doing at first but she did realize later. I actually would like seeing her on the show again some time.

This was a good episode. Interesting seeing some digimon exploiting a human rather than just outright harming them only.

What bothers me though is if Monzaemon knew what was going on why did he not just step in sooner when it was just that easy? I guess there is some things I forgot about some digimon. I guess puppet digimon need someone to control them which possibly explains why he didn’t act sooner but isn’t clear who or what was controlling him to begin with. I dont quite get how puppet digimon are supposed to function.

I just now realized ExTyrannomon could be thought of as a digimon hiding in the body of a Tyrannomon it or something else turned into a doll. That should have been more obvious to me their name is literal lol

WatchTillTandava said:
Kayono definitely stole my heart this episode.

Also, as if the last episode didn't serve as enough confirmation and grist for the mill, even with only a relatively minor appearance this episode, I still see only cause for the ongoing militant shipping of Kiyoshiro and Jellymon, which I will continue to partake in.

Some Japanese artists are shipping them hard from what I’ve seen. Lol

JustMonaka said:
Kayono has the best fashion sense out of all the human characters.

Yeah. Also cuter than what Alice from Tamers wore which was pretty bland actually now im looking back at her design since I vaguely recalled her as being gothic lolita but now i dont think it quite looked lolita enough.

KanameYuuki said:
Kayono is the cutest girl they ahve shown so far, she looked lovely on that black dress, the dolls design was also on point, I would love those dolls of the main cast.

I could see that being a thing. Not sure if it would be done officially though but maybe just because the horror theme of the series but hard to say since that would be unusual for official merch.

deg said:
hopefully next episode its Angoramons ultimate evolution

Maybe or week after that. I kind of like how the evolutions dont occur at extremely predictable timelines and orders which makes for more impact.
traedJun 22, 2022 6:16 AM
Jun 22, 2022 4:31 PM
Apr 2022
traed said:

What bothers me though is if Monzaemon knew what was going on why did he not just step in sooner when it was just that easy?

Was it really that easy? Monzaemon was able to land his attack because they were being carpet bombed by Canoweissmon, in a straight 1v2 he's probably end up losing. And Monzaemon did admit he was kind of cowardly, he says he wanted to go ask for help from Hiro directly but got cold feet.

I just now realized ExTyrannomon could be thought of as a digimon hiding in the body of a Tyrannomon it or something else turned into a doll. That should have been more obvious to me their name is literal lol

ExTyrannomon's official profile says that the Tyrannomon part is just a plush toy that the creature inside (A Raremon) climbed into because it was available and there's no special reason it happened to be a Tyrannomon. How much of that tracks for Ghost Game is up in the air, but the series has so far has deliberately hewed close to the official profiles so we can probably assume that the ExTyrannomon in the show is also wearing a big stuffed animal and not literally the skin of a once-living Tyrannomon.
Jun 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Jun 2019
traed said:
Some Japanese artists are shipping them hard from what I’ve seen. Lol

For some reason, your post made me think for the first time that perhaps I wasn't the only one (rather should have assumed) and go scouring.

As they say on the street - "For the win".
Jun 22, 2022 8:47 PM

Mar 2008
Omnicrom said:
traed said:

What bothers me though is if Monzaemon knew what was going on why did he not just step in sooner when it was just that easy?

Was it really that easy? Monzaemon was able to land his attack because they were being carpet bombed by Canoweissmon, in a straight 1v2 he's probably end up losing. And Monzaemon did admit he was kind of cowardly, he says he wanted to go ask for help from Hiro directly but got cold feet.

ExTyrannomon's official profile says that the Tyrannomon part is just a plush toy that the creature inside (A Raremon) climbed into because it was available and there's no special reason it happened to be a Tyrannomon. How much of that tracks for Ghost Game is up in the air, but the series has so far has deliberately hewed close to the official profiles so we can probably assume that the ExTyrannomon in the show is also wearing a big stuffed animal and not literally the skin of a once-living Tyrannomon.

Well reason I brought up puppet digimon since they all were puppet digimon. That’s why WaruMonzaemon and ExTyrannomon said they needed a master so they can have fun is apparently puppet digimon seem to have some limitation on what they can do out of free will and need some sort of outside control for certain things but Im not sure on the exact details of this. So if that’s right that makes sense otherwise I dont get why they wanted to drag a human into things unless that’s part of their twisted thrill. If so Monzaemon just wasn’t able to act on his own to stop them, not without help. Your point also makes sense though.

Well not skin since it got turned to fabric. What I said doesnt seem to go against anything official as far as Im aware.

WatchTillTandava said:

For some reason, your post made me think for the first time that perhaps I wasn't the only one (rather should have assumed) and go scouring.[/img]

As they say on the street - "For the win".

Really? lol Since several people for quite a while in the forum have been suggesting it. I denied it at first thinking maybe it’s more like a familial connection or master and subject but it keeps seeming more romantic feelings each ep at least from Jellymon.
Jun 22, 2022 9:06 PM
Apr 2022
traed said:

Well reason I brought up puppet digimon since they all were puppet digimon. That’s why WaruMonzaemon and ExTyrannomon said they needed a master so they can have fun is apparently puppet digimon seem to have some limitation on what they can do out of free will and need some sort of outside control for certain things but Im not sure on the exact details of this. So if that’s right that makes sense otherwise I dont get why they wanted to drag a human into things unless that’s part of their twisted thrill. If so Monzaemon just wasn’t able to act on his own to stop them, not without help. Your point also makes sense though.

Well not skin since it got turned to fabric. What I said doesnt seem to go against anything official as far as Im aware.

See I can see a little of that, but I also don't believe it. For starters that's literally never how Puppet Digimon have worked in the rest of the franchise, nor how they work according to the official profiles, and again Ghost Game places great stock on those profiles (literal entire episodes have been based on the Digimon Reference Book profiles of various Digimon, and it was actually possible to guess the debuts of Tesla Jellymon and Thetismon by matching their profiles to the crisis in the next episode previews).

As for why they hung out with Kayono I read it as the two as doing what they did mostly because it was fun. Kayono was equally as unpleasant as they were and so it was enjoyable for them to use her cruel whims as a pretense to hurt people. It wasn't because they liked her personally (they say that explicitly) but because she was nasty enough it would be worth going along with her as a method to play mean games. Remember, they attack her father entirely on their own at the start just to show off their power so they clearly don't ACTUALLY need someone to tell them who to attack, and similarly they take on Hiro and Ruli while separated from Kayono. In other words it wasn't they needed a master to direct them by dint of them being puppets, it was that WaruMonzaemon and ExTyranomon had fun indulging the cruelty of a nasty person.

More broadly as for why they're called Puppet Digimon it's because they're literally other Digimon wearing outfits, ExTyranomon is a Raremon (usually) manipulating a plush toy as a body. They're puppets because the stuffed animal isn't their real appearance, something else inside it is controlling it. That's why Waru Monzaemon has the eye peeking out from the belly of its bear body, and why ExTyranomon is clearly looking out through the mouth of the dinosaur toy.
Jun 22, 2022 9:53 PM

Mar 2008
@Omnicrom

It may be I just misunderstood some things on how puppet digimon function based off what I read on some wiki site. Where are you reading the profiles? Is it in Japanese or English? I can’t read Japanese but I guess i can use DeepL to translate if the text can be copied and pasted.

Jun 22, 2022 10:13 PM
Apr 2022
traed said:
@Omnicrom

It may be I just misunderstood some things on how puppet digimon function based off what I read on some wiki site. Where are you reading the profiles? Is it in Japanese or English? I can’t read Japanese but I guess i can use DeepL to translate if the text can be copied and pasted.

Wikimon is my go-to, but their profiles also come from the official Digimon Reference Book at Digimon.net. Profiles to wit:

https://wikimon.net/Ex-Tyranomon

A Puppet Digimon that sneaks around within a Tyranomon-shaped plush toy. The reason why it is a Tyranomon plush toy is unclear, but it is likely that the mysterious Digimon that is stealing away inside just broke into the plush toy that was closest. However, this plush toy possesses power rivaling that of Monzaemon at its limits and the defensive power of an impregnable fortress, so ordinary Digimon and the like are completely unable to oppose it. However, like Monzaemon, if nothing is pulling its strings, then it is nothing but an ornament. Its Special Moves are "Pretty Attack", which emanates from its adorable body, and an evil orb unleashed by the Digimon hiding within it (Black Matter).

"If nothing is pulling its strings" refers to the Tyranomon plushie, to clarify. There's official art of the Digimon inside having climbed out of it to go to bed, with the puppet body being therefore rendered inactive. It's quite cute actually:

https://wikimon.net/images/c/cd/Ex-Tyranomon_artbook_3.jpg

Waru Monzaemon's profile from the same site goes

This fiendish-faced Puppet Digimon is a far cry from Monzaemon. It's on good terms with Metal Etemon, and it is said that the Waru Monzaemon plush toy it wears on its waist is something that Waru Monzaemon sent to it. Still, similar to Monzaemon, its true form is unclear, but the peeking out of its strange, shining eyes from within is eerie. Its personality is the epitome of wickedness, and it is malicious and treacherous. Its left arm is equipped with the character "Evil" and the powerful "Bear Claw" of a grizzly bear. Its Special Move is giving everything a dark mood and depressing them (Heartbreak Attack). If you suffer this attack, your feelings become dark and sorrowful, and you completely lose your fighting spirit.

Nothing here at all about needing someone to direct it.

And for completeness Monzaemon:

A Digimon that is completely shrouded in mystery. From its looks, it's an unmodified plush toy of a bear, so it's rumored that there is someone within, who got in through where the zipper is attached on its back section. It wraps the opponent up in the love overflowing from this cute body (with scary eyes), and makes them feel happy. Its Special Move is its "Lovely Attack", in which it flings hearts.

Once again, the profile points out that it's a Puppet Digimon because there's something inside of it, because otherwise it would just be a teddy bear.
Jun 22, 2022 10:27 PM

Mar 2008
@Omnicrom
Okay I suppose I misinterpreted and took it as an external control since I must have misread before taking it as Metal Etemon controlling WaruMonzaemon using the plushie. That would make more sense what is written there when read properly hah.
Jun 23, 2022 10:36 AM

Mar 2015
I'm really tired of these inconsequential formulaic episodes executed in the most basic way possible. We're 30 episodes in for god sake and still same shit.
Jun 23, 2022 7:05 PM

Feb 2016
This may just be the best episode so far.
その目だれの目?
Jun 28, 2022 12:59 PM

Nov 2009
TBH, I liked the psycho loli's dress, just needs to remove the psycho part and it'll be good. LOL

(where she even got that dress is the question, since we've seen at the start she only had plain casual clothings, maybe the mom went out and got her that dress?)

Also, looks like Aoi is starting to figure out some Holograms are actually Digimons (tho she has no idea what a Digimon is)

And yes... them "puppet digimons", the true Digimon is "inside". Which makes them all the more creepy and all the more fitting for this season's Digimon that's based on Horror.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 23, 2022 5:38 PM
May 2018
Feels like this episode was a loaded gun aimed right at me, easily my favorite so far!
Dec 21, 2022 8:36 AM

Feb 2021
All dolls look like creepypasta XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2021

18 by Nickienator »»
May 28, 12:20 AM

» We have to be honest and say the truth about this anime

KuronoAlien - Mar 31, 2023

19 by Serafos »»
Mar 3, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

50 by Hound-of-MAL »»
Sep 2, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

77 by White_Alice »»
Aug 22, 2023 6:34 PM

» Season 2!?!?

Bolillo99 - Mar 26, 2023

6 by TheBerserker »»
May 23, 2023 11:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.