Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2019 9:57 AM

Aug 2009
Masterful episode.

IwaOi-KHRStan said:
one of the worst series of the century. Thorfinn is still a stupid, useless brat like he was 5. totally lack of character development, shit graphic of the animation. the end is completely without pathos.
0 /10 for me. i won't never watch the movie. this trash dies today for me.

Are you drunk or something?
Dec 29, 2019 9:59 AM
Nov 2014
Man, I just can’t believe he died
Dec 29, 2019 10:00 AM

Nov 2016
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
one of the worst series of the century. Thorfinn is still a stupid, useless brat like he was 5. totally lack of character development, shit graphic of the animation. the end is completely without pathos.

😂😂

The 5 year old has to be you.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 29, 2019 10:02 AM
May 2018
operationvalkyri said:
Damn what an end! Askeladd you amazing fool! I kept calling him despicable the entire series but when it mattered, when he could have betrayed Canute for his country, he picked the noble route? Man did he redeem himself in my eyes. Bravo Askeladd! Bravo this show.

Btw were we meant to know who all those people at the end were or will it be revealed in s2?

They will be revealed in S2, if it did happen.
Dec 29, 2019 10:03 AM

Feb 2017
Just amazing. Both this episode and the adaptation.
Could've been better at some parts and areas but as a whole this is probably one of the best we could have gotten for an adaptation of a manga of this caliber. Definitely my AOTY.

And that teaser at the end. Beautiful. I am sure we are going to get a sequel one day.
Dec 29, 2019 10:04 AM

Jan 2009
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

lol Askeladds reaction to that

but i do agree with the weak sakuga especially for the finale

degDec 29, 2019 10:07 AM
Dec 29, 2019 10:05 AM

Jul 2017
I'm hoping for a season two but I'm not too optimistic on that. Regardless the ending shot teasing Hild, Gudrid and Einar will surely get some new people to pick up the manga to see what's next for Thorfinn.

Also can't wait for the OST, this series had some gorgeous music.
Dec 29, 2019 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
Tiagura said:
operationvalkyri said:
Damn what an end! Askeladd you amazing fool! I kept calling him despicable the entire series but when it mattered, when he could have betrayed Canute for his country, he picked the noble route? Man did he redeem himself in my eyes. Bravo Askeladd! Bravo this show.

Btw were we meant to know who all those people at the end were or will it be revealed in s2?

They will be revealed in S2, if it did happen.
Ah. Thanks. Hope we do get a season 2 soon.

May 2016
Anime of the year, and the 2nd best anime of the decade (from those I've seen) behind Steins;Gate.

9/10
-

Apr 2019
Brooo, the suspense wtf!! My mouth was open the entire episode
Shuhei Yabuta you fucking delivered man!

Ep24 seals the AOTY. What a way to end the decade.

Lucius Artorius Castus = GOAT
9.5/10

Since they followed the manga's plot, S2 will definitely happen.

Dec 29, 2019 10:08 AM
May 2018
I'm so glad that the ending wasn't anime original. In contrast, they teased us with some manga characters.
So, there is hope for season 2.
Overall, really great adaption with some minor issue here and there.
10/10
Dec 29, 2019 10:08 AM

Oct 2018
truth be told i didn't like vinland saga there are far better anime out there that needs attentions but askeladd death was emotional even for me. He should have been the king..........
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Dec 29, 2019 10:09 AM

May 2014
Askeladd single handedly carried this show imo. He's a pretty solid character in my mind. Too bad Thorfinn couldn't follow suit.
Dec 29, 2019 10:10 AM
Jun 2019
This finale episode had me crying. Thorfinn is probably my favorite and just seeing him going through so much makes me sad. I’m so excited that they announced a movie though!! 10/10
VoidackermanDec 29, 2019 10:19 AM
Mar 2016
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

You sure are impatient, Thorfinn will be an entire different character next season. He got by far the most character development out of any character in the manga. It just takes time for character development to happen and it would be horrible writing to just force it out of nowhere.

The main reason he was a stupid brat like you said is because Askeladd was alive. Now that he isn't anymore that is bound to change. It just takes time for him to realize that Askeladd is actually dead and he can't get any revenge anymore.

Though tbf, you will probably find another reason to dislike season 2 if you were to watch it since I doubt Thorfinn is the only reason you give it 0/10.

Jul 2014
RIP Askeladd

Looks like all the filler stuff we had with Mlief last episode was for nothing.

The episode felt lackluster for me tbh. Maybe because as a manga read I had really high expectations but the art and animation weren't all that good and the way they wrapped up everything toward the end was pretty lame IMO.

I was never a fan of Prologue Thorfin in the manga but the anime somehow made him even more unlikeable.
Dec 29, 2019 10:13 AM

Sep 2015
I am speechless. What a finale! Not sure if I should jump to the manga or wait for season 2 (if there will be one)
Dec 29, 2019 10:15 AM

Jan 2009
Devil_Slayer said:

The episode felt lackluster for me tbh. Maybe because as a manga read I had really high expectations but the art and animation weren't all that good and the way they wrapped up everything toward the end was pretty lame IMO.

the carnage action of Askeladd in the manga was more intense lol

damn the production quality for this anime went down hard on this finale

but still good enough although ye could have been more better
Dec 29, 2019 10:16 AM

Feb 2018
It's finally here Askeladd the Dad Slayer! He killed his own father, Thorfin's, Canute's adoptive father and now the king.
If this guy goes to Avalon and they get raid by norse gods I wouldn't doubt if he kills the allfather.
Dec 29, 2019 10:17 AM
Jun 2019
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

Were we watching the same thing? I saw where you gave Gintama a 1/10 too. And the end was great! Why did you you watch it all the way through when you obviously hated it? Watch genres you are actually interested in and stop being so negative. If you didn’t like it just find something else to watch because no one wants to see it.
Dec 29, 2019 10:18 AM

Sep 2018
What is this feeling? I feel a hole im my soul. this anime is a 10/10 imo
I keep moving forward
Dec 29, 2019 10:19 AM

May 2019
Man, what a finale... I kinda expected Askeladd to die this season, but I definitely wasn't expecting him to die in such a legendary way. The way he sliced Sweyn's neck will go down as one of the most badass moments in anime history. Canute had very amazing character development and Thorfinn was the edgy teenager as usual. Such spectacular storytelling it was.

Askeladd is one of the most interesting characters I've ever seen in anime and now that he who is basically Thorfinn's second father figure (the kid realised that just now I guess) is gone, I'm expecting a serious character development for Thorfinn the next season. That is, of course, a next season happens. Wit studio didn't announce it right away, and knowing them, it'll probably take some time, sadly.

Welp, that's all for it, I guess. That was an amazing season. The aftertaste is quite bitter, though...
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 29, 2019 10:21 AM

Aug 2015
One of the best finales I have ever seen. I really hope there will be a season 2.
Dec 29, 2019 10:23 AM

Nov 2018
Well that gloriously wraps up the end of the show for now. By the looks of the end of the episode with the introduction of a bunch of new characters, we will definitely be getting another season within the next couple of years.

For some reason, I got some Reinhard vibes coming from Canute when he assumed the throne after the king got beheaded, especially during his speech about taking command of the army as well. (except Canute didn't have to rise up the ranks)

Overall, this show gets a 9/10 and is up there as one of 2019's best shows.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Dec 29, 2019 10:25 AM
Dec 2018
Bruh...just...BRUH
Only "antagonist" to make me tear up had been L, until now...
Dec 29, 2019 10:25 AM

Jan 2016
MAL desperately needs a downvote button for reviews because the top ones are embarrassing and they're up there solely because of the "haters".
Dec 29, 2019 10:32 AM

Apr 2019
This episode left me speechless. I didn't expect Askeladd's death to make me cry this much. What a heroic way to die. He really is a fantastic character. And the final scene is just incredible.
Now, I can't wait to know what's next for Thorfinn.

Overall, that was a really great season. I hope there will be a season 2.
Dec 29, 2019 10:33 AM
Jun 2015
Voidackerman said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

Were we watching the same thing? I saw where you gave Gintama a 1/10 too. And the end was great! Why did you you watch it all the way through when you obviously hated it? Watch genres you are actually interested in and stop being so negative. If you didn’t like it just find something else to watch because no one wants to see it.
He likes Katekyo Hitman Reborn lmao
Dec 29, 2019 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
FireFistYK said:
MAL desperately needs a downvote button for reviews because the top ones are embarrassing and they're up there solely because of the "haters".

MAL reviews are a joke and I've never met anybody who takes them seriously. Notice how every time a show that's been well received ends a bunch of people immediately put out these half assed "reviews" nitpicking the show just so they can say they hated it. Like the show literally just ended hours ago yet these clowns rushed to make a review so they could get attention.
Dec 29, 2019 10:34 AM
Dec 2019
This is the most great finale,i think will be season 2
Dec 29, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2017
Devil_Slayer said:
RIP Askeladd

Looks like all the filler stuff we had with Mlief last episode was for nothing.

I was never a fan of Prologue Thorfin in the manga but the anime somehow made him even more unlikeable.

and I thought I was the only one with "negative" feelings
Dec 29, 2019 10:35 AM
Mar 2019
Holy Shit ! That was phenomenal , even surpassed the manga in some aspects ...11/10...
Dec 29, 2019 10:35 AM

Oct 2013
Look carefully, lads. This is how a chad dies like.
So Askeladd died. I was sad, but the way he performed his last stand... aye, that was something only a true warrior and a true king could've done. Phenomenal last action. Let's not forget that in the end it is Askeladd who won: he saved Wales and assured Canute's position as a king.

Beautiful finale to a beautiful anime. What to say more.

Vinland Saga had its flaws, but in the end it proved to be a great story, or rather a journey, experience. It was totally worth watching.
Dec 29, 2019 10:36 AM

Jul 2015
Askeladd died as he lived. Despite him being an evil man, I will miss him in potential second episode. He definitely carried this show all by himself.
I wonder what Thorfinn will do now. Maybe if Askeladd would told him in his final breath, that it was Floki who hired him to assassinate his father, he would have a new goal.

And would you guys believe it was all just beginning of the story?

Dec 29, 2019 10:38 AM

Jan 2016
GreenEmu said:
FireFistYK said:

MAL reviews are a joke and I've never met anybody who takes them seriously. Notice how every time a show that's been well received ends a bunch of people immediately put out these half assed "reviews" nitpicking the show just so they can say they hated it. Like the show literally just ended hours ago yet these clowns rushed to make a review so they could get attention.

True, but they should do something if they want to try to run a somewhat professional page. We all know that MAL scores are a joke but it's even worse when nothing is done. Look at Chihayafuru season 3! The score without the 1s would be around 8.80 but it's been downscored to 7.25, with 20% being a score of 1.
Dec 29, 2019 10:42 AM

Dec 2016
Ok, I did read the manga more than a year and I have a really bad memory, but did they add Askeladd talk with Thorfinn at the end? Cause I remembered it being much shorter like Canute kills him, Thorfinn seing it and then just trying to kill him. Also, I remember the Lucius Artorius Castus being much more epic, but that's just me....

I was actually kinda disappointed with this episode, seeing how good the previous episodes were....

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Dec 29, 2019 10:46 AM
Aug 2014
What an incredible ending and series altogether Askeladd has most definitely been one of the greatest characters I've ever witnessed in an anime series, Canute's character development was the icing on the cake.

It's interesting too see where Thorfinn ends up I'm presuming he joins Leif as a mechant/explorer he's got no reason now to be involved in war, begs the question where does this series go from here though.

9/10
Dec 29, 2019 10:48 AM

Mar 2012
AzureFlame64 said:
Masterful episode.

IwaOi-KHRStan said:

Are you drunk or something?
Just trolling. I'm so sick of his type.
Dec 29, 2019 10:49 AM

Oct 2019
Go read the manga you filthy anime only, I can't recommend it enough
Dec 29, 2019 10:53 AM

May 2015
deg said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

Not everything needs to have sakuga. It wouldn't have even made sense here.

Dec 29, 2019 10:58 AM
May 2019
Excellent series with a heavy weight final episode. Hopefully a 2nd season gets announced soon, seeing the next season's characters sneak peaks makes me have a little bit of hope.
Dec 29, 2019 11:02 AM

Sep 2014
FrizFroz said:
MonkeyDHunter said:
Perfection! I was a bit afraid of what they were planning to do with the Thorfinn-Leif subplot but it had no effect to the arc's finale and Thorfinn's character. Aske... I mean Lucius Artorius Castus went full badass and pretending to be mad, sacrificed himself for both Wales and Canute. Thorfinn now lost his reason to live. It was nice to see a bit of the next chapter and a certain character too. 10/10 and my AOTY. Thank you, Wit Studio.

The Thorfinn-Leif subplot was just there to juxtapose the choice that Thorfinn made to continue obsessing over Askeladd, as opposed to reuniting with his family and his chance of visiting Vinland. It adds a little more flavor (and, to a lesser extent, fills time) leading up to the main event and isn't meant to detract from it.

Eh... while I see where you are coming from, I still find the whole thing unecessary tbh. We really didn't need to see Thorfinn's decision sticking to revenge once again since it was already made clear throughout the series that no one and nothing could possibly change his mind especially when even his own father's words couldn't reach him. It was mostly there for padding since in terms of narrative, it offered nothing new to the table.
Dec 29, 2019 11:03 AM

Aug 2013
This is similar to "the red wedding" from Game of Thrones.
Dec 29, 2019 11:05 AM
Jun 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
deg said:

IKR? Just imagine Askellad going god mode and doing backflips and flashy dance moves. Lmao
Dec 29, 2019 11:06 AM

Jan 2009
TsukuyomiREKT said:
deg said:

i mean the Askeladd rampage is more intense looking in the manga so they could have made some slideshow with awesome art instead of the weak animation for it
Dec 29, 2019 11:07 AM

Aug 2012
That was fucking amazing.
Dec 29, 2019 11:08 AM

Oct 2013
deg said:
i mean the Askeladd rampage is more intense looking in the manga so they could have made some slideshow with awesome art instead of the weak animation for it

I dunno how it looked like in the manga, as for I am an anime-only, but this fight didn't look that bad. It looked quite fine and showed the emotion behind this whole situation. I think it was the most important thing in it. Not fighting, but pure emotions and tension.
Dec 29, 2019 11:09 AM

Jan 2009
Adnash93 said:
deg said:

I dunno how it looked like in the manga, as for I am an anime-only, but this fight didn't look that bad. It looked quite fine and showed the emotion behind this whole situation. I think it was the most important thing in it. Not fighting, but pure emotions and tension.

manga has still frames so it looks better though drawing wise

and damn the manga art is amazing for this
Dec 29, 2019 11:15 AM
Aug 2018
TheEnhancedExe said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

You sure are impatient, Thorfinn will be an entire different character next season. He got by far the most character development out of any character in the manga. It just takes time for character development to happen and it would be horrible writing to just force it out of nowhere.

The main reason he was a stupid brat like you said is because Askeladd was alive. Now that he isn't anymore that is bound to change. It just takes time for him to realize that Askeladd is actually dead and he can't get any revenge anymore.

Though tbf, you will probably find another reason to dislike season 2 if you were to watch it since I doubt Thorfinn is the only reason you give it 0/10.

Thorfinn should be 17 at least, and he's still a spoiled, useless and stupid brat like when he was a child with his father and all. and i quoted all the things i didn't like in this show.
Dec 29, 2019 11:16 AM

Dec 2013
8/10

First cour was laughably bad.
Second cour was surprisingly good.
Can recommend if you're willing to go through ~12 boring episodes first.
Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» English Sub or Dub?

Benassiesto - May 11

25 by Quv »»
May 12, 4:37 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2019

259 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 9, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

352 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 9, 4:39 AM

» Vinland Saga has an amazing plot... ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 21

55 by peterross »»
May 9, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2019

404 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 6, 4:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.