Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 3, 2016 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Suruga could volunteer as my sex slave any time :>
I'm not that much into Izuko's explanations, Meme did a better job at that.
Oct 4, 2016 10:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The explanation begins... and surprise and suprise, but in the next episode... augurs mor surprises!!!!
Nov 3, 2016 12:20 PM

Jun 2014
Being Samurai Guy is suffering
Dec 15, 2016 2:53 PM

Sep 2015
lol i think Shinobu actually knows that Gaen isnt Oshino's little sis
May 5, 2017 2:09 AM
Dec 2012
I died when Koyomi imitated the armor's laugh :D
May 6, 2017 10:19 AM

Nov 2016
Kanbaru as sexslave and a peeping Araragi xD

Great episode many things were revealed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 3, 2017 12:18 AM

Jun 2016
I wonder who's that apparition Shinobu ate, or more like what instead of who.

Where the hell is Ougi? I miss my Ougi!

Are you telling me, show, that Shinobu's first minion is alive and now is Araragi? What. Like he possessed Araragi or some sort when he was a baby or more like that first was born into a human being hence like full recovery, but he wasn't fully recovered like Gaen said, like what? I'm confused.

"15 years ago" Araragi was born that same year, maaan. First came to Araragi's town despite him being an ash then a crying kid silhouette shows up that looks like Araragi. Show, don't mess with me.

Yeah, a lot of apparitions yeah is surrounding Araragi and those apparitions are appearing in that town and Araragi is always like involved. Jeez. So many questions.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 10, 2018 10:47 AM

Sep 2012
i lost it when she said sex slave lol
Feb 3, 2018 6:15 AM
Nov 2015
My god what a snorefest
Sep 26, 2018 2:15 AM

May 2018
I liked the story of Shinobu and his sword. There are only 3 episodes left ^ - ^

5/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

May 1, 2019 6:33 AM
Apr 2016
Well, Gaen explained it all, I guess... Hopefully Gaen's knowledge gets explained later, since it's a little silly how she knows "everything."
May 5, 2019 10:58 PM

Dec 2016
That Araragi laugh was beautiful lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 25, 2019 7:34 AM

Dec 2018
Meh, Gaen is not as good as I expected. Cause she need to ask about what happen to Araragi and the gang that night. Thought she knows everything, moreover she said it herself, smh.

The Aberration Killer has been revived yet the body has yet to be seen.

So there's something special about Araragi, the reason Shinobu chose him.

Damnit Araragi, he didn't even ask about Ougi to Gaen, moreover about Oshino's whereabouts. Had he's smarter, things wouldn't get too complicated.
Kish0May 25, 2019 7:38 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 13, 2019 9:13 PM

Jun 2017
Oh wow, 400 years of repeated trial and error of self-reincarnation seems really rough, now wonder that first servant is out for blood.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 23, 2020 1:00 AM

Feb 2019
lol i think araragi is his reincarnation
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Aug 25, 2020 8:28 AM

Aug 2020
A aparição da Ga- (ops) Oshino Izuko foi refrescante, posso passar um episódio inteiro apenas com seus diálogos.

Então Koyomin não é especial, mas ao mesmo tempo tudo que ocorre com ele não é apenas uma coincidência? Sempre achei que a Shinobu fosse a razão da aparição das Kai'i, mas parece que até ela foi atraída por causa do Koyokoyo.

400 anos num ciclo de eterna reencarnação... me pergunto se isso era doloroso, mas por que uma armadura vazia? Quer dizer que isso não está nem perto do poder de um vampiro? Preciso assistir Kizumonogatari logo!

//

The appearance of Ga- (ops) Oshino Izuko was refreshing, I can spend an entire episode with just her dialogues.

So Koyomin is not special, but at the same time everything that happens to him is not just a coincidence? I always thought that Shinobu was the reason for the appearance of the Kai'i, but it seems that even she was attracted because of Koyokoyo.

400 years in a cycle of eternal reincarnation... I wonder if it was painful, but why an empty armor? You mean this is nowhere near the power of a vampire? I need to watch Kizumonogatari soon!

(Sry for potato english)
Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Sep 19, 2020 2:28 AM

Jun 2020
So they continue the story that Shinobu said on Monogatari Series second season I found that enjoyable it was very good the small fight was also great I like how Araragi used the sword.

It was a decent episode so gonna gave this episode 5/5.
Oct 5, 2020 2:01 AM
Mar 2018
still unsure what the monkey creature was. a spawn of the first kin? wondering how they gonna deal with that dude
Nov 1, 2020 2:51 PM

Apr 2019
I always feel slightly confused for the first half of Izuko's explanations, then I start to understand it during the second half.

Also I find Izuko to be a bit annoying whenever she's explaining anything. Don't know why but it feels likes she's just looking down on everyone when she doing that.
arcticmontysNov 1, 2020 2:57 PM
Apr 5, 2021 9:44 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode once again! Damn, I mean it makes sense for the first aberration killer to revive himself, I mean it took a long time but it was possible. Remember Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade from Kabukimonogatari, she tried to kill herself but she failed. So that should be possible too for his kin.

Araragi replicating the first aberration killers laugh was fucking hilarious. Ahh yes Kanbaru, never change, never change. Gaen Izuko is a scary woman, ahem I mean Oshino Izuko. I think that explains really well what happened at the end of Koyomimonogatari, Araragi is someone she can't fully predict. That cliffhanger though, I fucking thought there was more but it was suddenly over lmao.
Jun 24, 2021 4:44 PM

Feb 2020
Meme is Oshino.
Shinobu is Oshino.
Ougi is Oshino.
Izuko is Oshino.
Are there any other Oshino that I should know about ? Oh yeah, I forgot that time Kaiki wore an Hawaiian shirt.

Gaen kinda is the Ougi of this episode, isn't she ? Well that actually made me like her a lot more, until now she seemed too much to be the know-it-all who tells you she knows everything but never really proves it, but here she actually told some very interesting things. It was a lot of info-dump but she is a good storyteller so who cares. Also, props to her voice actress, I don't know if she improved this season or if I just didn't pay attention before but I found her to be pretty great. However, is it me or is Gaen actually very creepy ? Not as creepy as Ougi but she's got her good share of scary, yandere-like faces and her friendly exterior feels very off. I still don't trust her, especially since I'm almost certain she's related to Kaiki's murder (speaking of which, I forgot to say that in episode 7 but Ougi actually confirmed he met his end, yet he was very much alive in Hanamonogatari, so what you are telling me is that he didn't die when he was killed ? Weird. Very appreciated because I love him, but weird.).

I kinda expected for the warrior to be Kiss Shot's first subject, turns out I was right, and that's interesting because I didn't think we would ever get to meet him. It makes sense though, of course as a vampire he didn't actually die. That's tragic actually, and very reminiscent to Kiss Shot's own arc in Kizumonogatari.

Another interesting thing is that it's now confirmed this arc takes place after Shinobu Time which explains what happened to Hachikuji. However there's something I don't get, Araragi wondered if Shinobu knew about the Darkness, but she not only was there during the Darkness' attack in Shinobu Time, but even has been its target 400 years ago. I mean, she is even the one who explained what it is. So technically, yes, she knows about it. I think I'm gonna stick to the Bakaragi nickname.

One last thing is that I really wonder what was that weird oddity cluster thing. It seemed to be of the same nature as the Darkness, with the same weird inscriptions written all over it (but weren't the inscriptions there to symbolize the Darkness since it's not something you can actually see ?). I just don't understand what it is doing here, is it related to the warrior or is it another enemy that decided to kick in at the same moment ?

Oh and also, did I miss something about Kagenui ? Gaen said she would've been in capacity to resurrect the warrior but I don't remember this kind of power having been told to us before, I thought she was only an oddity hunter.

Just one last thing : I feel like there's a parallel to make between Araragi and the warrior's story. I need to rewatch that scene.
Sep 18, 2021 3:31 AM
Aug 2021
It was cool seeing Araragi slay that apparition. Also why did Izuko lie about being Meme's sister?

And of course the samurai is Kiss shot's 1st minion. For some reason the characters in this series love saying that mouthful of a name- Kiss-shot Acerola Orion Heart-under-Blade.
May 4, 2022 3:11 AM
Nov 2021
The past lore of how Kiss shot and His enemy survived for 400 yrs and the fight scene where Koyomi Araragi uses a sword to fight.
5/5
Sep 26, 2022 10:35 PM
Oct 2020
The initial oddity/monster battle in the beginning concluded with Shinobu chowing down on the remains like a box of Mister Donuts. After that the episode had a lot of back story, which I found to be helpful. Both the explanation of the samurai and Koyomi's encounters with past apparitions seem to be tying much of the story together. I haven't put all of the pieces together yet but it seems like we're moving towards some kind of conclusion.

I know we're several episodes into this arc but I still can't get over just how strange the OP is, so different from anything else in this series. Or almost any series for that matter. Hard to believe that's Meg Rock. But after recording so many songs that fit a certain structure, I can see why the artist would want to break out of the mold a bit. But dang, it's creepy! :o
Nov 26, 2022 6:45 AM

Nov 2021
I want Gaen Izuko to actually just kill me...

You know when I left the house today I was thinking "D@mn, I really hope Gaen Izuko paints my brains all over some f.ucking hallway." And here we are. I mean really, just absolutely destroy me.
I'm talkin' full on, watermelon-in-the-thighs level carnage. And I want it to scare the $hit outta me. I mean I hope I pi$$ myself.
I hope I pi$$ myself and she calls me he little "peepee pi$$pi$$ boy."

I want her to f.uck me up. I mean I want her to make me her b!tch. Her little peepee-pi$$-myself-b!tch. I want it to get embarrassing. I mean like...weirdly embarrassing. Unsanitary too.
We should be entirely different people by the end of the first eight hours.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say here? I mean, I'm a real fre@k, I'm not normal. Ma'am. Please. You have to crush me.
Mar 27, 2023 12:45 PM

Nov 2010
Ononoki has nice legs. I want to sniff and lick it all the way to her lewd part. I like that scene of Araragi getting a hard-on from that. lol
Nov 10, 2023 4:13 AM

Nov 2023
So this was how powerful Kiss-Shot Acelora-Orion Heart-Under-Blade before. Never ending, even when burnt under the sun.
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

May 2021
15 years ago... I got excited there for a second, but if he's applying for college, he should be way older than 15.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

146 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

211 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

171 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

172 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

154 by TheColonel76 »»
May 8, 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.