Forum Settings
Forums

Seiyuu Toshiyuki Toyonaga Announces Marriage

New
Oct 25, 2015 8:08 PM

Jul 2009
On Sunday night, seiyuu Toshiyuki Toyonaga announced that he has entered his marriage into the family register. Toyonaga made the announcement on his official blog, following his first solo live event earlier that day.

Toyonaga said that he and his partner had been dating for four years, and she is not from the voice acting industry. The two also held their wedding ceremony recently. He had intended to make the announcement at the Sunday's event but decided to announce it on his blog in order for the news to reach more people.

Toyonaga debuted as a seiyuu in 2002 as Takahiro in the slice-of-life drama OVA Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: Quiet Country Cafe. He landed his first lead role the following year as Shinnosuke Fuchuuya in the NHK sci-fi drama series Futatsu no Spica. In December 2014, Toyonaga made his debut as a solo musical artist under the Aniplex label.

Source: Official blog
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Oct 25, 2015 8:09 PM

Jul 2012
Congrats!!! I just started listening to his music and I'm glad I didn't fall in love even more ><
Oct 25, 2015 8:14 PM

Apr 2015
In other words he announced suicide. I feel kinda sorry for him
Oct 25, 2015 8:16 PM
Aug 2015
fruits_punch95 said:

Where is this coming from………Lol
Oct 25, 2015 8:19 PM
Sep 2007
YOKOHAMA KAIDASHI KIKO IS THE BEST SLICE OF LIFE EVER.

Btw, Mamoru Miyano is also married, but still very popular.
Oct 25, 2015 8:22 PM

Nov 2008
The fujoshi in Japan may not like this, I hope he has a happy marriage and the fujo pipe down and be glad he's happy.

Oct 25, 2015 8:24 PM

Sep 2013
Good for him :)
Oct 25, 2015 8:25 PM

Mar 2008
This made me sad, surprised, and happy all at the same time lmao. I'll treasure his autograph from when I met him this summer even more now. He's so adorable in person ;~;. I hope he has a happy marriage.
Oct 25, 2015 8:28 PM

Apr 2013
He's like 31, it's good that he got married before it's too late.

Good for him, like his work on characters.
Oct 25, 2015 8:34 PM

Nov 2011
I hope his marriage works out well.
Oct 25, 2015 8:35 PM

Apr 2014
The fangirls are cutting themselves right now.
Oct 25, 2015 8:37 PM

Apr 2015
DevilDuo said:
fruits_punch95 said:

Where is this coming from………Lol

Marriage=Death

Protaku94 said:

Yeah, fujoshis and other landwhales of the same ilk
Oct 25, 2015 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
I know that female idols in Japan get the "No Marriage No Career" treatment. Do the male seiyuus get it too? Considering how sexist Japan is, I wouldn't be surprised if there is barely any reaction to him being married.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 25, 2015 8:43 PM

Apr 2013
GodlyKyon said:
I know that female idols in Japan get the "No Marriage No Career" treatment. Do the male seiyuus get it too? Considering how sexist Japan is, I wouldn't be surprised if there is barely any reaction to him being married.

Seiyuu and idols are two totally different entities.
Oct 25, 2015 8:47 PM

Dec 2013
Good for him
Oct 25, 2015 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
Protaku94 said:
he's not that prominent in the fujo-community actually. doesn't do much BLCD/seiyuu CDs

if this was kamiya or ono daisuke, you'll see pitchforks all over japan
Oct 25, 2015 8:53 PM

Nov 2014
rip career.

Oct 25, 2015 9:19 PM

Apr 2015
Good news. That reminds me, time to read Yokohoma.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Oct 25, 2015 9:30 PM
May 2015
Congratulations to him!~
Oct 25, 2015 10:11 PM

Aug 2011
Aww, congrats to him. He's such a cutie and I adore his singing.

Oct 25, 2015 10:11 PM

Feb 2010
Thank God it wasn't Hanazawa Kana hahahahaha
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 25, 2015 10:34 PM

Sep 2015
Hope he has a married life and keeps a stable voice acting career!

mayukachan said:
Congrats!!! I just started listening to his music and I'm glad I didn't fall in love even more ><

Same here. I was really close when I heard him singing the ending song of that DRRR special. Such an amazing voice!
Oct 25, 2015 10:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
mayukachan said:
Protaku94 said:
he's not that prominent in the fujo-community actually. doesn't do much BLCD/seiyuu CDs

LOL we gonna get news in MAL talking about the aftermath in Japan of Kamiya getting married with riots, deaths and shit.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 25, 2015 11:36 PM

Apr 2014
mayukachan said:
Protaku94 said:

Were there any riots when Miyano announced his marriage?
Oct 25, 2015 11:41 PM

Jul 2012
Z4k said:
mayukachan said:

Not that I know of! I'm not quite sure since I wasn't part of the fandom back in the day. He made a really emotional confession that he got married online, I heard?
Oct 26, 2015 12:18 AM
Mar 2010
Congrats to Toshii!
And why do some people on this thread think that fujoshi/female otaku will stop supporting him now?

Look at Suzumura Kenichi, Morikubo Showtaro and other male seiyuu.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 26, 2015 1:36 AM

Aug 2013
aw, congratulations to him! :)
Oct 26, 2015 2:08 AM
Sep 2013
GodlyKyon said:

It depends on their popularity come from fandom or general public.

Idols continue on tv when they are liked by masses not fandom only.
I think people like you who have no clue what japan is should not talk about japan as if you knew something,it sounds really stupid
Oct 26, 2015 2:11 AM

Feb 2013
Yay! Congrats to babe! Happy marriage to him and his lucky wife. ❤️

Oct 26, 2015 2:27 AM

Aug 2015
umashikaneko said:
GodlyKyon said:

I think people like you who have no clue what japan is should not talk about japan as if you knew something,it sounds really stupid

do you really think all about japan is perfect...you don't know how sexist japan is towards men which is one of the reason of low birth & marriage rate in japan...do some research before talking weeaboo and all thing about japan is not perfect there are far too many dark sides of japan
Oct 26, 2015 3:11 AM

Aug 2013
mayukachan said:
Z4k said:

Not that I know of! I'm not quite sure since I wasn't part of the fandom back in the day. He made a really emotional confession that he got married online, I heard?

I heard that his fandom went apeshit when his marriage was announced. They were sending seath threats to his pregnant wife. They wanted her to have a miscarriage. A shitstorm at its finest.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Oct 26, 2015 3:12 AM
Sep 2013
ultravigo said:
umashikaneko said:

do you really think all about japan is perfect...you don't know how sexist japan is towards men which is one of the reason of low birth & marriage rate in japan...do some research before talking weeaboo and all thing about japan is not perfect there are far too many dark sides of japan

I dont think Japan is perfect it is just sounds stupid when people with little knowlege about Japan talk about Japan as if they knew something.

I find people who talk as if Japan was perfect country without much knowledge except otaku culture are equally sounding stupid as people criticize Japan beliveing stupid english articles.
umashikanekoOct 26, 2015 3:25 AM
Oct 26, 2015 4:45 AM
May 2012
Congratulations~
Oct 26, 2015 4:53 AM

Mar 2014
Ayyyyy, I'm glad for him

I really hope his Japanese fans won't go full apeshit like they did when Mamo announced his marriage though

But then again he's not that famous and he hasn't done much BLCD/Otome work so I think it'll be ok
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 26, 2015 1:03 PM
May 2015
So male voice actor can marry whoever the hell they want and they don't get stoned to death by their fans? Whereas, if a female voice marries a man, she gets so much fucking shit from her so called "fans". More reasons to hate Japan (besides their anime of course).

Oct 26, 2015 1:22 PM

Mar 2014
jc1945 said:
So male voice actor can marry whoever the hell they want and they don't get stoned to death by their fans? Whereas, if a female voice marries a man, she gets so much fucking shit from her so called "fans". More reasons to hate Japan (besides their anime of course).
Uhm, not really

When Mamoru Miyano announced he would get married a few years ago a lot of people sent both him and his fiancé death threats and even prayed that she would miscarry
Comic_SansOct 26, 2015 1:25 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 26, 2015 2:13 PM
Sep 2013
jc1945 said:
So male voice actor can marry whoever the hell they want and they don't get stoned to death by their fans? Whereas, if a female voice marries a man, she gets so much fucking shit from her so called &quot;fans&quot;. More reasons to hate Japan (besides their anime of course).

you can marry/date whoever you like and you will get same shit from fans regardless of gender

if you actually follow actor or idol or idol seiyu in Japan you will understand
umashikanekoOct 26, 2015 2:18 PM
Oct 26, 2015 2:28 PM

Jul 2012
waterfallsxo said:
mayukachan said:

I heard that his fandom went apeshit when his marriage was announced. They were sending seath threats to his pregnant wife. They wanted her to have a miscarriage. A shitstorm at its finest.
Holy shit. :S I'm glad it (the shitstorm) died at least...
Oct 26, 2015 2:36 PM

Mar 2013
waterfallsxo said:

I was into Mamo's fandom back those days. Of course I was in the tiny group of people who was happy about his announcement but the other part was HELL. I can confirm this. They even deleted the video afterwards because comments from 'fans' were disgusting.

BTW, Happy Marriage to Toshiyuki and his wife!~
Oct 26, 2015 5:13 PM
May 2015
umashikaneko said:
jc1945 said:
So male voice actor can marry whoever the hell they want and they don't get stoned to death by their fans? Whereas, if a female voice marries a man, she gets so much fucking shit from her so called &quot;fans&quot;. More reasons to hate Japan (besides their anime of course).

you can marry/date whoever you like and you will get same shit from fans regardless of gender

if you actually follow actor or idol or idol seiyu in Japan you will understand
So fans treat the voice actors the same regardless of their gender? What a bunch of bullfuck... Hardcore Japanese otaku at their finest *sigh*

Oct 26, 2015 6:45 PM

Aug 2011
mirana said:
waterfallsxo said:

I was into Mamo's fandom back those days. Of course I was in the tiny group of people who was happy about his announcement but the other part was HELL. I can confirm this. They even deleted the video afterwards because comments from 'fans' were disgusting.
Oh, man. I remember Mamo's video. That was when I truly came to realize how psychotic fangirls can be. That crap was crazy and I felt so bad for him and his wife.

With stuff like that happening, it's no surprise that seiyuu are so private when it comes to their lives.

Oct 27, 2015 3:04 AM

Sep 2015
waterfallsxo said:

Great, I took a break from idol fandom to seiyuu to discover there's no difference between the two. But to purposefully wish for a miscarriage is just...

Anyway, congratulations Toyonaga-san XD Hope you life happily with your new family~
Oct 27, 2015 7:30 AM
Oct 2014
GodlyKyon said:

Hello tumblr.
Oct 27, 2015 2:27 PM

Jul 2012
Adome said:
Hello tumblr.
????
Oct 27, 2015 9:12 PM

Jun 2008
mayukachan said:

Even if they marry each other? (¬_,¬)

mayukachan said:
waterfallsxo said:

Holy shit. :S I'm glad it (the shitstorm) died at least...

Actually, when another male seiyuu announced his marriage sometime ago, some of the angry/disappointed comments were the exact same ones that were posted regarding Miyano's marriage... Who knows when they'll be re-posted again... But since Miyano has already got married, there should hardly be anything happening close to that or worse... for now. ( ´_ゝ`)

And concerning this announcement here, it wasn't hard to guess this much beforehand... The fans liking him enough to be deeply disappointed by this should have been expecting since some time ago that he'll be getting married sooner or later, so I doubt that there is much left to get worked up over for them now.
Oct 28, 2015 12:24 AM

Jul 2012
Face_Faith said:
Actually, when another male seiyuu announced his marriage sometime ago, some of the angry/disappointed comments were the exact same ones that were posted regarding Miyano's marriage...
Well, Yonaga Tsubasa is quite prominient (does BL, seiyuu, in Free!/Love Stage/Oofuri, trignal) so it makes more sense.
Oct 28, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2008
mayukachan said:
Face_Faith said:
Actually, when another male seiyuu announced his marriage sometime ago, some of the angry/disappointed comments were the exact same ones that were posted regarding Miyano's marriage...
Well, Yonaga Tsubasa is quite prominient (does BL, seiyuu, in Free!/Love Stage/Oofuri, trignal) so it makes more sense.

Ah, I just meant to say that comments regarding Miyano's marriage are still floating around even now (and those weren't related to the actual announcement, so there isn't even any connection to his popularity or anything), so one cannot really say that the shitstorm has entirely died down.
Oct 29, 2015 2:16 AM

Jun 2008
Dude's getting married?

I'm so sorry.

Nothing worse for dudes than getting tied down.

RIP
Nov 1, 2015 10:30 PM

May 2014
JustALEX said:
Dude's getting married?

I'm so sorry.

Nothing worse for dudes than getting tied down.

RIP

oh really?
May 7, 2018 8:17 AM

Nov 2007
Baby girl is born
https://ameblo.jp/tossy-t/entry-12374152281.html
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» Original TV Anime 'Prinsession Orchestra' Announced for 2025

Hyperion_PS - Jun 14

11 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago

» Video Game 'Guilty Gear: Strive' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Jun 13

23 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan' Reveals Additional Cast

Nioxys - Jun 10

3 by Pyro81300 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Spy x Family' Gets Third Anime Season

Vindstot - Jun 9

39 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Unveils Additional Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Jun 14

4 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Yesterday, 4:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.