Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 1, 12:03 PM

Nov 2013
took Himari a few days but after conulting with her best friend and with her mom, she made her decision
they will keep spending time together (yay) and sooner or later, Himari will like her (i mean, she literally blushed so hard 1 minute later when Yori told ehr that she will make Himari fall for her...)

this anime is so sweet, i keep smiling all the way through the episode lol
Himari possibly being the cutest girl of this season and Yori being one of the coolest, also helps with me liking them

after the 3 episode rule, i say, this is one of my top favorites so far, Himari will for sure be in my 6 seasonal favorites in Mal signature lol
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 1, 2:05 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to Xinks
does anybody know why there's a sudden drop in animation quality
that's fucked up man
@Xinks I think they migh've used up most of their time and buget on the first 2 episodes.
May 1, 3:19 PM

Jul 2016
Romance story where MC asks their parents for love advice and then openly talks about their feelings like a normal person to avoid misunderstandings with their crush? Now that definitely deserves a 5/5 score.
May 1, 5:21 PM

Aug 2020
I love their dialogues so far. Their interactions, Himari's answer, Yori's decision... Everything is growing in a positive direction. The fear of hurting a special someone might make one far from the other, but the resolve of discovering more of a significant person is stronger.

May 1, 5:30 PM
Mar 2018
As far as the two shows I know of featuring someone falling for a possible ace character, this has a lot more working in its favor.
May 1, 8:19 PM

Nov 2012
Man the animation quality fell off a cliff, huh? Hope it picks back up.
May 2, 1:32 AM

Jun 2020
Cute episode, and Miki is a great friend to Himari. I'm just wondering what the director is trying to prove with these transitions. Also feels like a lot of the art is off-model.

May 2, 6:05 PM

Dec 2022
Its all good Himari... when it comes to love and romantic relationships its much better not to rush. Yori joining the band again !
May 2, 6:49 PM
Jan 2017
Himari is so pure.
"People date, even if they're not in love?" "Sure!" "Is that even allowed?"
I really am being charmed by her. As Yori said she is very earnest. No games, no pretense.
So glad that they were able to step forward with their relationship.
Dreadogastus_FMay 2, 6:57 PM
May 3, 12:09 AM

Oct 2022
I just know Aki is gonna confess later down the line and throw a monkey wrench into the whole damn situation. Im just waiting on it now
May 3, 12:32 AM

Jun 2012
I continue to not be able to be normal about this show.

Himari and Yori are both too pure for this world and I love them and they're precious and they deserve all the happiness!

There's lots of shows that have better directing and animation, but this show's characters are winning me over because they're so wholesome and sweet and I love their relationship and love with how much nuance they're tackling the complicated feelings with, and Himari's reactions are adorable and I would die for Marota and I can't wait to see more, I love this show and these characters so much!!!
May 3, 6:40 PM

Oct 2022
I don't understand how modern anime treats gay/queer as basically not that, but as if it's as normal to everyone in a high school as boy/girl love is.
I see this in a lot of media, and it's really a letdown because it ends up feeling kind of dry. It's as if the makers of these Yuri anime have no idea how confusing and awkward feeling it is to even realize you're not interested in talking about opposite sex, even less of an idea how terrifying it is trying to understand why you want to be close to this boy or girl when you're the same as them and then having to worry about if they like you the same or turn on you and humiliate you.
It's a HUGE fucking deal, gay kids get bullied and beaten up, especially boys, but the worst of all is letting down your parents, who are almost guaranteed to freak the fuck out, and now you're letting them down.... a story about any gay relationship is gonna be about a person realizing they're different in the first place-

But then we have modern Yuri anime, where girls talk about dating other girls like it's just totally normal, everyone does it, it's the same as liking boys and maybe everyone tries both and doesn't think about it... EVEN IF THAT WERE TRUE, what's the point in a same-sex love story then? If it's the same as everything else- exactly the same- why is there a whole genre around it? (Could it be because it IS really f;ing different?) Is it because guys like watching women kiss is it? Well if that's so- why aren't the characters in this anime as fascinated by the idea as the audience? They seem not to be bothered by it.

So the whole magic and excitement and fear and "is she gay or not" freakout that same-sex relationships actually go through isn't here- it's been sanitized. So frustrating.
SuperAdventureMay 3, 6:54 PM
May 4, 12:52 AM
Dec 2021
In this episode of Whisper Me a Love Song, Himari grapples with her feelings after Yori's confession, struggling to understand the difference between romantic and sexual attraction. Miki's attempts to help only add to her confusion. Despite the uncertainty, Himari decides to explore her feelings further, showing her commitment to making a relationship work with Yori. Meanwhile, Yori sees joining Himari's band as an opportunity to deepen their connection. As both girls navigate their emotions and take steps outside their comfort zones, they also risk hurting Aki, who may have feelings for Yori. The episode explores themes of self-discovery, the complexities of relationships, and the importance of understanding one's own desires and boundaries.

May 4, 4:17 PM

Jun 2013
Reply to lingojk
Did they use Powerpoint for the transitions? lol
@lingojk Hahahaha I was thinking exactly this. By the 4th one I was like "I can't with these PowerPoint transitions"
May 5, 10:25 AM

Jan 2022
The powerpoint transition slides are an interesting choice.

I'm glad Himari didn't turn her down yet. Hopefully she makes up her mind soon though. The anticipation is killing me

There's so many girls this season who don't understand what romantic love is lol is this some kind of theme for this season?
This never updates so that's cool
May 9, 1:28 PM
Jan 2024
youri cool tahts epsode
May 9, 1:28 PM
Jan 2024
yori cool tahts epsode
May 18, 8:06 AM
Dec 2020
asking for more time is an unexpectedly mature response from her. she's smart for recognizing that she doesn't really understand romantic love and wanting to feel it out. especially bc they just recentl got to know eachother
May 19, 11:23 AM
Oct 2020
its good that they didn't drag it and develop it into unecessary drama
May 25, 10:55 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Poor Himari, getting confused for not knowing love. Love is a tricky thing, that's for sure. But with her liberal meaning of love.. multiply that by a factor of 10. Miki is a real one.

Think I'll wind up getting diabetes from the sweetness going on in this show. Four days of deep reflection, and we get the two of them meeting back up near the end. I want to see them happy together. She's even joining the band to give it her all.

This isn't an action show people, it doesn't need One Piece animation to sell its romance.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Delayed Episodes

AkeZZZ - Jun 1

21 by Pasukori_yochien »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

44 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 25

60 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

70 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 12:06 PM

» Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau ties Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! as highest rated GL anime.

Jcmixer27 - Apr 14

21 by Jcmixer27 »»
Jun 7, 12:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.