Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 18, 2023 8:24 PM
Dec 2023
Hell of a way to end a show! Wow!
Dec 18, 2023 8:25 PM

May 2015
Rei could only admire Claire from her television screen in episode one, and now with the finale, Rae Taylor has finally gained her affection! This was a great series that had me quite invested in the antics of these guys. I really hope it gets a season two. Until then, I have to listen to a compilation of ojou sama laughs to process this finale.
Dec 18, 2023 8:29 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to Phantom_373
BlueBullet178 said:
@Phantom_373 Manaria definitely diminished my enjoyment of the show. It was shaping up to be one of my favorite Yuri animes of all time, but they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Dropped to 8/10. Magical Revolution didn't lose the title for reigning yuri champ IMO.

Yeah I do agree Manaria was quite annoying but she was definitely made to be that kind of character on purpose. But Icl I actually did kind of like her in the end she’s definitely messed up but she gave Rae the push she needed to properly purse Claire.

But regardless Rae and Claire’s dynamic was the highlight of the show for me, they work so well together, this is definitely a top 3 yuri for me.
@Phantom_373 Yes...definitely agree Rae & Claire are one of the cutest couples of 2023! I did love the show, I just felt like the ending could have been a bit better, but it was still pretty great. I might have to pick up the manga to see what happens next...lol
Dec 18, 2023 8:53 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to sam-india-007
Rae this ep: "Nah, I'd win" ✍️🔥🔥
sam-india-007 said:
Rae this ep: "Nah, I'd win" ✍️🔥🔥

I'm literally her
Dec 18, 2023 9:18 PM

Jul 2016
It's difficult to connect with a series when you don't like the protagonist.

I wouldn't watch a new season

6/10
Dec 18, 2023 9:32 PM

Oct 2015

welp
cant wait to ruin this shit with a s2 thats basically confirmed due to production casting spoiling shit

cause author is a salty bitch
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Dec 18, 2023 9:40 PM
Jun 2016
Finally say I can like an anime in the new yet bizarrely specific "girl reincarnated into their favorite dating sim" genre. It milked the premise in a way that was more satisfying than the genre's previous attempts. And I finished it!

This final arc involved a bit more melodrama than I'd liked, where I'd been forced to accept Rae's sudden incompetence at the hands of Claire's childhood friend when she'd previously portrayed herself as emotionally and intellectually secure. I'm glad she was challenged (the story really needed her to be after getting away with everything with ease) but there just wasn't enough pushing her with her new rival that I didn't feel past Rae couldn't have handled.

But it's concluded in a nice neat way that involves a nice extra reveal of the rival character that felt fitting. Basically she was telegraphing that she wasn't super serious about "stealing away" Claire from miles away and instead was trying to test Rae somehow but the purpose wasn't that clear? Kind of kicked myself in the head for not noticing it sooner but it gave me close enough to relief that allowed this first season to end without any misteps.

7/10 - greatly enjoyable: funny, charming writing, admirable production values, some lack of imaginative visuals, but good character designs
Dec 18, 2023 9:47 PM
Dec 2011
The anime only covered half of the school arc so needs another season to finish the arc
Dec 18, 2023 10:04 PM
Dec 2023
As flawed as Manaria's opinion on the outcome of unrequited love is, I think the true weakness of this conflict is the sheer dichotomy of threatening Claire and Rae with implied sexual assault to the stark contrast of "Teehee, I was just teasing you because I love you!"

It's such a slap in the face. The previous logic while flawed makes sense to Manaria's character and her experience, but threatening Claire like this is just too much of a leap. I feel it could've been written as Manaria just doubling down and saying "This time I'll do it right, with Claire." and have her challenge Rae as it was already shown that Rae was realizing her cowardice and how unrealistic of a relationship it is.
Dec 18, 2023 10:46 PM

May 2019
My god that was such a great finale. I was literally smiling watching these two dorks the entire time. My favorite part from this episode is when Claire described how she feels about Rae in front of Misha. That's just so precious. And geez they also add the groups teasing Claire being a bride. That was quite a jump from just dating haha. The whole scales of love ceremony is also really symbolic and foreshadowing the outcome. These past two months have been so much blissful from following this series, be starting the anime, checking out the manga and finally completing its whole LNs. Despite having limited budget and screentime, they managed to finish this season so well and adapted the material faithfully. It's even funnier to see the scenes getting animated. They can't just teased us with" a happy family with the twins" scene. I'm really grateful for the anime to exist and here's hoping for the next season being planned to see their happy family finally getting adapted in the future. For those who enjoy the show can continue the story from the LN chapter 5 vol 2 or from its manga chapter 26 vol 6.

Dec 18, 2023 10:53 PM
Sep 2021
A good ending for the season & claire finally confesses her love to rae publically, but there are still some good chunks left to complete the story. Hope it's get season 2 fast.
Dec 18, 2023 10:57 PM

Jan 2021
I know I’m supposed to cheer for Rae because she’s the self insert character but Manaria is so my type so I found myself rooting for her instead 😩 ah well, it was still a cute ending
Dec 18, 2023 11:10 PM
Apr 2022
liked the first half where rae and claire interactions were the main point, didn't really care about the storyline involved with the incest maid or the rapist manaria. overall a decent show with cute yuri couple. OP was one of my favorites in the season 6/10
Dec 19, 2023 1:23 AM
Sep 2015
This anime is uncompromised regarding gender topic, it even scratch an incest topic. So I've high hope regarding its politics, especially the fight between commoners and nobles. But it's far behind Tearmoon in this aspect.
Dec 19, 2023 4:12 AM
Jun 2021
I Smiled sooooo much through the episode!!! And made so many happy noises. You go claire!!! You go rei!
Dec 19, 2023 4:33 AM

Feb 2019
It's a fun anime, but I think I can't get over the Rae bissexual pipeline. It can create false expectations on some viewers
Dec 19, 2023 5:02 AM

Jun 2016
so thats why rae so ppassionate with claire ,because she want to protect claire from that guillotine in the future ..
Dec 19, 2023 5:41 AM
Nov 2023
HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH I LOVED THE TWIST, I SAW IT COMING BUT IT'S STILL FUNNY. I just love this series
Dec 19, 2023 6:17 AM
Jun 2022
i love the anime.. i need to read the novels too!
Dec 19, 2023 6:57 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to BlueBullet178
Why do Yuri shows always fumble in the last handful of episodes. Sakura Trick did the same thing. They introduce a character you hate in the last three episodes and ruin all of the romantic buildup of the entire season. ALSO, Manaria is a f*cking r^pist, so I hate that they tried to make her a sympathetic character. Other than that, overall a very enjoyable show, but it falls victim to the classic Yuri Fumble as I am now calling it. 8/10
@BlueBullet178 Manaria isn’t a rapist, there was simply a power imbalance in an otherwise consensual relationship. idk why the anime decided to animate it like she had but that isn’t the case in the LN or when said character gets introduced and is still in love with Manaria.

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Dec 19, 2023 6:59 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to GooseBolt
As flawed as Manaria's opinion on the outcome of unrequited love is, I think the true weakness of this conflict is the sheer dichotomy of threatening Claire and Rae with implied sexual assault to the stark contrast of "Teehee, I was just teasing you because I love you!"

It's such a slap in the face. The previous logic while flawed makes sense to Manaria's character and her experience, but threatening Claire like this is just too much of a leap. I feel it could've been written as Manaria just doubling down and saying "This time I'll do it right, with Claire." and have her challenge Rae as it was already shown that Rae was realizing her cowardice and how unrealistic of a relationship it is.
@GooseBolt Manaria’s only bluffing to force Rae to act. She already sees herself as irredeemable and acts as such at that point because she knows it will make Rae actually do something.

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Dec 19, 2023 8:11 AM

Jul 2014
Man, the last scene left me grinning like an idiot xD. I loved hearing Claire call Rae by her name and it was great to see Claire's dere side many times in the finale.

Like Rae, I loved Claire. Her design, personality, reactions, her seiyuu, she really was one of my favorite girls of the season.

I'm going to miss this show, the dynamic between Claire and Rae was super fun and I'm glad we got something concrete in their relationship by the end of the season. The OP will also be missed, I loved listening to Rae and Claire singing it.

I hope we get a S2 in the future, I want to see more of them now that they are together!
SkyLETVDec 19, 2023 10:13 AM
Dec 19, 2023 8:38 AM
Aug 2023
I watched this anime for the isekai, otome game, and comedy; not so much for the yuri, but I'm perfectly okay with it. I ended up super invested in Rae and Claire, and before the Manaria arc, I would say I was enjoying it 10/10; the only rough spot was the latter part of ep 3 where the PSA lecture was executed horribly, and didn't fit at all. However the latter part of the Manaria arc is probably the most infuriating thing ever because of her, and while this finale was good, it wasn't satisfying enough because Manaria never got enough payback delivered onto her. If it wasn't for the post-credits scene of Rae denying her of answers of how Rae knows the things she knows, and the dramatic reveal of Claire's otome game fate that Rae is trying to avoid, I would have been left irritatingly unsatisfied.

Manaria is just awful, yes...a very effective tool to anger the audience and push the plot, but she nearly ruined the show for me, and there's no satisfactory payback to resolve the matter for me. I'm going to go through what a piece of crap she is in the spoilers to vent, but there's no actual spoilers (I don't know any).

The lack of accountability on Manaria leaves a bad taste in mouth, and a festering unsatisfied feeling in me. If any Light Novel readers know of any misfortune to befall her in the future, or something that may satisfy me to hear, please spoil me.
Dec 19, 2023 8:57 AM
Feb 2020
it ended huh...i'll miss them. they ended up together and that's all that matters. hoping for a s2 someday
10/10
Dec 19, 2023 9:18 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to SkyLETV
Man, the last scene left me grinning like an idiot xD. I loved hearing Claire call Rae by her name and it was great to see Claire's dere side many times in the finale.

Like Rae, I loved Claire. Her design, personality, reactions, her seiyuu, she really was one of my favorite girls of the season.

I'm going to miss this show, the dynamic between Claire and Rae was super fun and I'm glad we got something concrete in their relationship by the end of the season. The OP will also be missed, I loved listening to Rae and Claire singing it.

I hope we get a S2 in the future, I want to see more of them now that they are together!
SkyLETV said:
The OP will also be missed, I loved listening to Rae and Claire singing it.

I hope we can have a S2 in the future, I want to see more of them now that they are together!

That reminds me, the OP, and especially the ED were amazing for something so simple. Apparently Rae and Claire were saying something different to each other in the ED of each episode.

I hope we get a S2 also.
Dec 19, 2023 9:52 AM
Sep 2021
Garrett_Dark said:
I watched this anime for the isekai, otome game, and comedy; not so much for the yuri, but I'm perfectly okay with it. I ended up super invested in Rae and Claire, and before the Manaria arc, I would say I was enjoying it 10/10; the only rough spot was the latter part of ep 3 where the PSA lecture was executed horribly, and didn't fit at all. However the latter part of the Manaria arc is probably the most infuriating thing ever because of her, and while this finale was good, it wasn't satisfying enough because Manaria never got enough payback delivered onto her. If it wasn't for the post-credits scene of Rae denying her of answers of how Rae knows the things she knows, and the dramatic reveal of Claire's otome game fate that Rae is trying to avoid, I would have been left irritatingly unsatisfied.

Manaria is just awful, yes...a very effective tool to anger the audience and push the plot, but she nearly ruined the show for me, and there's no satisfactory payback to resolve the matter for me. I'm going to go through what a piece of crap she is in the spoilers to vent, but there's no actual spoilers (I don't know any).

The lack of accountability on Manaria leaves a bad taste in mouth, and a festering unsatisfied feeling in me. If any Light Novel readers know of any misfortune to befall her in the future, or something that may satisfy me to hear, please spoil me.

Just wanted to say, I read this whole thing and damn it’s insightful af. Well done, and I totally agree with what you’re saying
Dec 19, 2023 9:53 AM
Jun 2020
LOVE IT NOW ITS A MATTER OF TIME FOR THE 2ND SEASON TO BE RELEASED I HOPE IT WILL BE ANIMATED
Dec 19, 2023 10:18 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to KlldbyCuriosity
@GooseBolt Manaria’s only bluffing to force Rae to act. She already sees herself as irredeemable and acts as such at that point because she knows it will make Rae actually do something.
@KilledbyCuriosty That only works if there were any hints in her actions that she was just pushing Claire and Rae together. The acts Manaria takes are not ones of simple bluffing or sly attempts to get them to reveal each other's feelings. For example, the scales. Manaria uses the heaviest item in the known land. While one could try to explain that away as plot convenience to show Rae finally giving in to using her otherworldly game knowledge, I believe that is writing yourself into a corner if your only recourse is to suddenly spring this sort of contrivance. One can only suspend so much disbelief. The other issue I have is there's absolutely nothing in Manarina's actions to tell the viewers she is after Rae. It looks more like her backstepping to not gain as much ire. In the end, this is all subjective pedantry. I believe Manaria was written poorly but obviously, she did her job as a character that upsets the audience and they easily wrote her that way. To me, it felt a bit lazy as Manaria's experience is a great wake-up call to Rae even if it is a flawed assumption that all unrequited love will end with that sort of heinous action but the base message of you're only hurting yourself and others with this is great. It's just the backstepping at the end saying "I was just after you!" is such a lazy twist.

On another note, I saw you mention Manaria's actions while heavily implied as such in the Manga and Anime, are different in the LN. Where could I find that? Getting nothing on Mangareader for results.
Dec 19, 2023 10:23 AM

Jan 2021
Claire finally admitted to loving Rae, the worst she got from that confession was teasing from her friends.

Overall it's 5/10 show for me. Rae admittedly started out really annoying and was stalkerish. She mellowed out past episode 3 which is good because I almost dropped this show. It gave me some laughs but they also were rooting for actual incest. Without the incest I would have given it a 6/10.
Dec 19, 2023 10:34 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to GooseBolt
@KilledbyCuriosty That only works if there were any hints in her actions that she was just pushing Claire and Rae together. The acts Manaria takes are not ones of simple bluffing or sly attempts to get them to reveal each other's feelings. For example, the scales. Manaria uses the heaviest item in the known land. While one could try to explain that away as plot convenience to show Rae finally giving in to using her otherworldly game knowledge, I believe that is writing yourself into a corner if your only recourse is to suddenly spring this sort of contrivance. One can only suspend so much disbelief. The other issue I have is there's absolutely nothing in Manarina's actions to tell the viewers she is after Rae. It looks more like her backstepping to not gain as much ire. In the end, this is all subjective pedantry. I believe Manaria was written poorly but obviously, she did her job as a character that upsets the audience and they easily wrote her that way. To me, it felt a bit lazy as Manaria's experience is a great wake-up call to Rae even if it is a flawed assumption that all unrequited love will end with that sort of heinous action but the base message of you're only hurting yourself and others with this is great. It's just the backstepping at the end saying "I was just after you!" is such a lazy twist.

On another note, I saw you mention Manaria's actions while heavily implied as such in the Manga and Anime, are different in the LN. Where could I find that? Getting nothing on Mangareader for results.
@GooseBolt First of all Manaria's been pretty specifically interested in Rei since her first appearance. She explicitly includes Rei in conversations despite Claire's protests and only really starts being explicitly antagonistic towards Rei (at least in Rei's perspective) after she says she's content with Claire not returning her feelings. Until then, Manaria goes out of her way to talk to Rae and in both the sub and the dub is not subtle about trying to seduce her with her tone of voice

Secondly, Manaria at the end of the day still wants to have Rei for herself which is why she gets the Floss Flower. Her actions contradict each other and she is hypocritical as a result. She tells Rei that unrequited love will always break but lets her love of Rei remain unrequited. She becomes furious at Rei for giving Claire up so easily. She expects Rei to not take a duel over Claire seriously because Rei said that she dislikes the similar ideas in Posie Amour. She tries to get Rae and Claire to interact more but Rae is stubborn and hates Manaria too much to notice. I'm rambling and idk how to say my thoughts exactly so sorry, but I don't really think Rae as she was would've actively pursued Claire without being shown that she either has to act or even can act and Manaria gets her to do both. Like...this is the first time in the entire series that Rae doesn't pass off her flirting and pursuit of Claire as a joke which is why their relationship fails to progress until Manaria shakes things up.

You can find the LN via seven seas, I'm not about to advocate for piracy of a series that I both love and know the author of personally. She's an amazing person and you should support her.

Wouldn’t that be great?

Dec 19, 2023 11:05 AM

Aug 2022
The story of Rae Taylor entering isekai has ended.

And now this anime has officially finished with a happy ending. After Rae's struggle to have her love recognized by Claire, it is now complete. So let's celebrate this.

In this last episode I realized that, Manaria is the best girl. Not gonna lie, since the first appearance, so her goal is that she intends to push Rae and Claire closer.

And one more thing if I may say, I just want to say: Love has different forms for each person.
RafaBryanDec 19, 2023 11:08 AM
Dec 19, 2023 11:44 AM
Feb 2015
Didn't expect there to be a Tearmoon twist to events that would happen later in the game, considering there's like no mention of it directly too and really just possible foreshadowing, that sequence about preventing events of the future was quite a surprise and makes me wonder if they'd continue this series to that point.
Either way, happy that it ended well plus everyone else was pretty heartwarmed by the usual scene ahahahah
Dec 19, 2023 1:02 PM
May 2011
I stuck with this all the way to the end, hoping that eventually, the relationship between Rae and Claire would drop the silliness and get serious. The introduction of Manaria definitely moved things in the direction I wanted, but ultimately, the show reverted to the comedy that I did not enjoy. Can't blame the show for being true to itself; this is totally my fault for wanting it to be something it was not. It did have serious moments, but none of them were handled well: the homophobia discussion out of nowhere, the commoner uprising that boiled down to a plot between the evil neighboring nation and a couple of incestuous siblings, the Scales of Love (or whatever they're called) that could have been a great moment for Claire to have some serious agency that is resolved by Rae using game knowledge to find a super special item to beat Manaria, and of course, the serious confession gets interuppted for more goofiness. At least they're together. I just wish I actually cared about that anymore.
Dec 19, 2023 1:17 PM

Apr 2013
Reply to KlldbyCuriosity
@GooseBolt First of all Manaria's been pretty specifically interested in Rei since her first appearance. She explicitly includes Rei in conversations despite Claire's protests and only really starts being explicitly antagonistic towards Rei (at least in Rei's perspective) after she says she's content with Claire not returning her feelings. Until then, Manaria goes out of her way to talk to Rae and in both the sub and the dub is not subtle about trying to seduce her with her tone of voice

Secondly, Manaria at the end of the day still wants to have Rei for herself which is why she gets the Floss Flower. Her actions contradict each other and she is hypocritical as a result. She tells Rei that unrequited love will always break but lets her love of Rei remain unrequited. She becomes furious at Rei for giving Claire up so easily. She expects Rei to not take a duel over Claire seriously because Rei said that she dislikes the similar ideas in Posie Amour. She tries to get Rae and Claire to interact more but Rae is stubborn and hates Manaria too much to notice. I'm rambling and idk how to say my thoughts exactly so sorry, but I don't really think Rae as she was would've actively pursued Claire without being shown that she either has to act or even can act and Manaria gets her to do both. Like...this is the first time in the entire series that Rae doesn't pass off her flirting and pursuit of Claire as a joke which is why their relationship fails to progress until Manaria shakes things up.

You can find the LN via seven seas, I'm not about to advocate for piracy of a series that I both love and know the author of personally. She's an amazing person and you should support her.
@GooseBolt to add to what @KilledbyCuriosty said, in Rae's OG world, the game had Manaria assist the heroine get together with the one she was in love with. Rae mentions thiis soon after Manaria's name was mentioned iirc, b4 she even shows up. Despite Rae knowing this, she dismisses her help ing her out because that help in the game was only ever for the Princes and never for her Claire-sama. Despite that, Manaria was in fact helping her out the entire time. She took things too far sure, but some of that was due to Rae's own stubbornness and cowardice with always running away. Now the twist with Manaria was after Rae the whole time can be taken as either true or false. The only hint one has that i can see towards that is how she messes with rae, which, also coincides with her trying to help Rae get with Claire. The offering is also something you can look at in two ways. One side being she was there to make Rae hers, but the other side to get her with Claire. If her offering wasn't beat, she might've hoped Rae or Claire would fight for the other to not be taken away. Or perhaps she woulda been ok with both rae and Claire dating her? I feel Manaria is a interesting character who has 2 or more sides to her at, perhaps all times. Remember that people are not just a stereo type and thats what this show tries to avoid, even if sometimes it has some of said stereo types/settings and such, the people are still people and not stereo types like you see in some anime.

That said, Manaria and Claire here contradict ep 3 I think it was and maybe even Lene and her brother as why should same sex relationships be ok but not sibling relationships in society to the point one isn't punished but the other is? Sure Lene and her brother were sent away for treason but they wouldn't have done what they did if society hadn't said no to their relationship so the end result is still the same... its a shame too, I REALLY was starting to like Lene and then that twist happened and they sadly sent her away and outta the story... and Claire being infatuated with her Big Sister (Manaria), is where that contradictions lies alongside Manaria herself as a whole.
--Kaori--Dec 19, 2023 1:21 PM
Dec 19, 2023 1:58 PM

Feb 2019
Cute episode, honestly loved it! Super excited for season 2
“Listen well, we are different than regular people because we are born with special powers. But that shouldn’t give you the illusion that you’re a special being. We are part of humanity. Besides our rare power, we are no different than them. People who run fast, people who can sing well, people who study hard, people who are funny, and people with psychic powers. Are we different from them? Having confidence in your strength, is good thing but do not get carried away. Our powers are a dangerous weapon.” – Reigen Arataka
Dec 19, 2023 2:18 PM

Apr 2009
Wasn't really a huge fan of these last few episodes, everything with Manaria felt obvious and old hat in a way that the earlier episodes were not. The exception was Rae getting the tables turned on her for a change with Manaria teasing her by proclaiming her love.

Probably 6.5 but I'd round it up to 7 because overall I enjoyed the show. Rae and Claire are great together and the series was a fun spin on the genre. I'd be excited about a second season.
Dec 19, 2023 2:34 PM
Dec 2022
loved the anime.. sad that is it over.. hope we get a 2nd season!!!
Dec 19, 2023 4:10 PM
Mar 2014
Ah, what a painful cliffhanger.
Dec 19, 2023 7:28 PM
Jan 2023
this anime was so good one of my favorites this season the comedy was hilarious and I hope to see more in the future
Dec 19, 2023 8:55 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
Can't wait for the second season if it release
Dec 19, 2023 9:20 PM

Mar 2008
Kind of painful to seeing Rae when she was down and Manaria egging her on ince I get how Rae felt. I do question Manaria's views on unrequited love though, they seem too flat but it is understandable since she is a flawed character.

Im glad to see Rae and Claire get close again. Claire looks pretty when she's happier too.

Ohhhhh all this time i kept thinking "but Claire is just a bully at most. How is she a villainess?" so she's a future villainess. I dont know why I didnt think of that more.

Would be nice if this had another season but supposedly that is rare for yuri shows. Im not sure if my attention span is good enough to read the LN or not... on another note I kind of hated Rae's design from the start. I dont know why she is the only character where her gaze looks so dead eyed. I dont know if that was intentional or not. Maybe it's the colour pallet?

KilledbyCuriosty said:
Manaria isn’t a rapist, there was simply a power imbalance in an otherwise consensual relationship. idk why the anime decided to animate it like she had but that isn’t the case in the LN or when said character gets introduced and is still in love with Manaria.

KilledbyCuriosty said:
About the edit, that’s with future knowledge from LN4.

From what i interpreted from what we got in the anime Id say the maid obviously felt violated and went along with things because she is a maid falling into her role but it didnt seem like there was anything in the anime suggesting Manaria knowingly made her against her will have sex which is a lot more nuanced. Not sure if that sounds reasonable to someone having read the LN or not.

GooseBolt said:

Yeah I dont think her view makes sense but i kind of get what is meant that it the pain would eat away at you holding back feelings and may cloud judgment but that is exaggerated on the last part. Many cultures hold unrequited love as the most pure love.
Dec 19, 2023 11:44 PM

Apr 2015
To be honest I didn't really get why the franchise was highly regarded by fans of the genre overall.
The most important thing here would be the chemistry between the main couple and I never really got into them.
Dec 20, 2023 1:08 AM

Aug 2018
That was a nice stinger at the end. I doubt I’ll ever read the manga/LN but maybe we’ll get another season someday.

It was a lot of fun, and a little drama would spice it up.

9/10
Dec 20, 2023 1:28 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to KlldbyCuriosity

KilledbyCuriosty said:
She tells Rei that unrequited love will always break but lets her love of Rei remain unrequited.

As you said Manaria is a hypocrite, but she's also projecting her own mental issues onto Rae which would likely not actually apply to Rae and Claire. For one thing, Rae and Claire's relationship is much different than Manaria's and her maid. Secondly Rae is nothing like Manaria, neither is Claire. Thirdly, Manaria knows nothing of the major moves Rae had made towards Claire, and has been successful at. Manaria is a clueless intrusive meddler who caused a disaster (the duel aftermath), then blamed and gaslite Rae into thinking she's wrong, then tried to cause another disaster (Scales Competition), but lost when she totally expected to win, then she tried to steal credit for everything just happening to work out in the end as "her plan all along". We can't even call what Manaria did as "the ends justify the means" because in order to qualify for that, Manaria would have to had planned all this in the first place. It's impossible to have planned what went down, she even admits to "misjudging" Rae after the duel, which means whatever plan Manaria had failed.
KilledbyCuriosty said:
She becomes furious at Rei for giving Claire up so easily.

Rae didn't give up easy, she nearly won and also nearly died in the duel she got bullied into. She continued being Claire's maid afterwards but was acting different due to losing the wager for Claire. Yet Manaria was still bullying her by being all over Claire, and Rae was still enduring it. Rae only quit after Claire was turned against her when Claire took a big dump on Rae for the terms of the Duel, a Duel Rae was bullied into relentlessly. A Duel where Manaria was not only equally to be blamed for participating in, which Claire acknowledges, but solely to be blamed for engineering in the first place. But Claire never even comes close to holding Manaria responsible for that in the slightest, hence "Claire turning on Rae for Manaria" unknowingly. If any of that is considered "so easily" or "running away",...I can't even, it's not. Rae got railroaded, Manaria lies, it's all her fault, and she deserves none of the credit for anything good that came out of it all in the end.
KilledbyCuriosty said:
She expects Rei to not take a duel over Claire seriously because Rei said that she dislikes the similar ideas in Posie Amour.

Manaria expects Rae not to take the Duel seriously? Yet Manaria is the one who bullies Rae into it by lying saying Rae's unconditional love is "shallow", and saying "Rae's a coward for always running away" when she's not? Rae fought tooth and nail to get where she is with Claire, yet Manaria has the gull to say Rae is "giving up" and "not fighting for her"? Manaria explicitly says "then take Claire back from me" then admits to picking a fight with Rae, and goads her some more to accept the fight. If anything the "Shallow coward running away" is Manaria, she ran away from her kingdom because of the scandal she's embroiled in for partaking in "shallow love" of brothels. Rae's stance on Posie Amour is she shouldn't have to fight, Claire should choose. So in order to be inline with Rae's stance, Manaria shouldn't even force Rae into a Duel, yet Manaria does the opposite. Manaria is forcing Claire's stance of Posie Amour, "let them fight because I can't choose", which Manaria even says directly to Claire about the Scales Competition when she finds out, "we had no choice, you still won't tell us what you want, so it comes to this". Manaria lies again, Rae never choose it coming to this, there's plenty of choices but Manaria forced it to this, and the blame and onus is not Claire not telling them what she wants. Manaria is such a fucking conniving manipulative cunt. Look at how she packs all those lies, and manipulates it to sound like didn't do anything wrong, when in fact she's responsible for all of it.
KilledbyCuriosty said:
She tries to get Rae and Claire to interact more but Rae is stubborn and hates Manaria too much to notice.

Give me examples of how and when Manaria tries to get Rae and Claire to interact more in a positive constructive way, because I don't remember that. But what I do remember is Manaria numerous times was trying to make Rae jealous by being all over Claire, and that's a negative destructive way of breaking down interaction between Rae and Claire. There's very little chance of elevating "Rae x Claire" and more chance of de-elevating it by Rae talking to Claire about how jealous Manaria is deliberately making her feel. Don't forget in ep10 Claire figures out Rae is jealous of Manarai with the "sure if you say so" comment about "how great Manaria is", and Rae admits it. But where did that conversation go in terms of "Rae x Claire"? "Just drop it", and then everything transitions to explaining Posie Amour for the first time. This was back when Rae wasn't even that jealous because Manaria wasn't even provoking her yet. Imagine how the jealousy conversation would have went with Rae full on pissed at Manaria, ie "That stupid cunt is going out of her way to piss me off by feeling you up, and it's intolerable!". Yeah, Rae was right to keep quiet about it with Claire and bear the suffering in silence, because if Rae had said anything, "Rae x Claire" would have surely suffered hard as a result of it. It would have likely caused a fight on the level of Rae quitting being Claire's maid scene, Claire would have been dumping on her just as hard.
KilledbyCuriosty said:
I don't really think Rae as she was would've actively pursued Claire without being shown that she either has to act or even can act and Manaria gets her to do both.

KilledbyCuriosty said:
this is the first time in the entire series that Rae doesn't pass off her flirting and pursuit of Claire as a joke which is why their relationship fails to progress until Manaria shakes things up.

I don't think either of those statements are correct, yet people keep saying Manaria was actually intentionally helping. Rae was actively pursuing Claire, just very slowly and steadily throughout the season. What Manaria says is nearly always incorrect, lies, and/or herself projecting. If Rae was supposed to lose the Duel (since nobody can actually beat Manaria) and Manaria forced Rae into the Duel, what was Manaria's plan? How was losing the Duel supposed to improve "Rae x Claire"? If Manaria actually had a plan for the Duel loss, it failed right? Manaria confronts Rae at the beginning of the finale saying "I misjudged you", which means Manaria fucked up along with her supposed plans, right? So even if nobody can tell me what Manaria's Duel losing plan was, Manaria failed and it cost "Rae x Claire", and Manaria's to blame. Then Manaria double down, blames Rae even though she just admitted she's at fault ("I misjudged you"), says Rae's "running away again" (if Rae's running away for reals this time, why did Manaria accuse Rae of running away last time to force her into the duel? Obviously Manaria lies when it suits her, and she's very much to be blamed for causing "Rae running away" this time), and then threatens Rae into thinking of a solution or else she'll make Claire her plaything and corrupt her. It doesn't matter if Manaria is truthful about the threat or not, she's a cunt either way for that. So Rae comes up with the Scales Competition, and Manaria uses the flowers which are unbeatable, and she fully expect Rae to lose. How is Rae losing the Scales Competition and becoming Manaria's plaything as per the bet supposed to help "Rae x Claire"? What is Manaria's supposed second plan to fix/improve "Rae x Claire" before Rae did the impossible and won? Manaria makes it sound like it went all as she intended after Rae won, so what was her supposed plan for Rae losing the Scales Competition? The least convoluted logical answer I can think of is Manaria lied, she wasn't helping "Rae x Claire", she was undermining it. People need to stop saying Manaria was genuinely/intentionally helping making "Rae x Claire" happen, she was not, she was doing the opposite, and by happenstance after "Rae x Claire" was destroyed by Manaria, it was fixed and made stronger by Rae (who won with the twig, which she was not supposed to be able to do, and no way anybody else would have been able to do). Manaria was not a wingman, she was an enemy to "Rae x Claire", I don't care what the source material says, or in future chapters or whatever, this is what played out in the anime. Manaria supposedly being an ally to the protagonist in the otome game cannot be just assumed in the isekai either, things can and have changed in the isekai from the otome game. The love interest princes have all backed off, and acknowledges "Rae x Claire" numerous times, there's not too much else more fundamental than that in the otome game that's changed in the isekai, so it can't be assumed Manaria functions the same as in the otome game given she's much less fundamental than the love interest princes.

As for "this is the first time in the entire series that Rae doesn't pass off her flirting and pursuit of Claire as a joke", have you forgotten the bed scene when Rae first becomes Claire's maid and tucks her in? The first time of Claire's "I'm fully aware of what kind of personality I have". Or the second time during the festival when Rae's brushing Claire's hair asks Claire to stop speaking about herself so negatively, then invites Claire out on a date at the festival, and then another scene where Rae gifts Claire the necklace while explaining how Claire "rescued her"? Or when Lene gets banished and Rae hugs Clare from behind as she cries? Rae sincerely communicates her feelings to Claire many times throughout the season in-between all the jokey flirting. Claire is not a dummy as the show likes to joke about at times, Claire can tell when it's a flirty joke and when it's more serious. She just has a problem processing it due to her abandonment issues and having to put on the "noble" mask, but she gets more and more better at processing Rae's love and her own as the season progressed. The notion of "Rae x Claire" only progressed because of Manaria's meddling seems grossly incorrect as insulting, it robs all the development I just pointed out above and more from the efforts of both Rae and Claire.
Dec 20, 2023 2:03 AM
Jul 2022
for a closing episode, this feels quite good in terms of plot and other things
Dec 20, 2023 5:57 AM
Oct 2021
So Manaria admitted to having sexually assaulted a maid... Yeah, that is not the same thing girl, you can choose to just be friends with your crush, which is okay and totally different from what you did, so why the hell are you comparing?

Also, I don't care if she was pretending to get Rei and Claire together, she was still a jerk, and keept flirting with her COUSIN.

Talking about cousins, they totally treated the relationship between the siblings in previous episodes as if it was just another "forbiden" thing at the same level of same gender relationships, which... NO. I'm just gonna assume that they just didn't adress it because someone trying to kill the prince was a bigger deal and she was still their friend, but seeing those two leaving together was quite disturbing and I doubt they adress it further.
Dec 20, 2023 7:16 AM

Mar 2012
I have liked all Villainess isekai I've watched so far which is why I watched this but ended up disliking it. I did like Claire as a character but couldn't like Rae at all mainly because her actions and words didn't match, she said she only wants Claire to be happy with Thane but for majority of the show she kept on harassing Claire. Then Manaria came in and Claire seems to be in love with her, I thought she earlier mentioned she was hetero, what ever happened to her love for Thane!? And then it turns out Claire was in love with Rae after all but just hadn't realized it. That's pretty much the standard GL/BL scenario where harassment makes them gay. Tenten Kakumei did the yuri aspect so much better, it felt more natural compared to this.
Dec 20, 2023 7:54 AM
Oct 2021
It was a wholesome Romance Comedy, i think the Dub Was the Best Way too watch it for the comedic purposes.
Dec 20, 2023 9:28 PM
May 2021
Relationship goals
Dec 21, 2023 2:33 AM
Sep 2021
i love how rae dont stop teasing claire lol
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yuyuichi - Dec 11, 2023

80 by Baskarite »»
May 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2023

66 by Baskarite »»
May 23, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2023

142 by foofighterz »»
May 20, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 13, 2023

68 by Baskarite »»
May 18, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2023

61 by PureElusion »»
May 1, 9:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.