Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 26, 2023 2:16 PM

Jun 2021
sort of boring until the giant slime began kidnapping everyone with tentacles, and then a nice resolution. Next episode seems possibly more interesting.
Oct 26, 2023 6:09 PM
Sep 2019
Omg, that melancholic music at the end...

This anime is surely making me want to cry. Out of melancholy.

Of course Rae is happy that Claire is finally showing affection, but at the same time insecure bc she wants Claire to be happy and it might be better for her to be in a relationship with a noble and a man. Not sure how homophobia is in that world, but probably not too different to ours. Also, Rae has her previous "trauma" of her feelings never being reciprocated, she simply built a wall around her heart, not to fall too deep. Plus it seems she doesn't even want things to change between them. Loving someone from afar and having a "comedic relationship" can be enough sometimes too...
Alright this is getting too deep lol but I guess y'all or some of you know what I mean.

I mean, I came for the GL but I also am obsessed with melancholic stories, so not sure what I even want to happen.

But I do know one thing: protect Relaire (water blob) at all costs!!!
Oct 27, 2023 11:32 PM
Oct 2023
Just a great mix of funny and beautiful.
Oct 30, 2023 10:18 AM

Jan 2013
I'm sad to say that episode 3 just ruined the show outright for me. It's complicated to describe, because it's not about the message, I just think that scene butchered the tone of the series and ruined everything that came before it, and now it just feels hollow when it attempts to revert back to the same sort of humor/tone in episode 4. Overall, I just find the series incredibly misleading in nature, and I'm not going to muddle through the show just for the tone to drastically (and inorganically) shift again down the line . I may look back into this anime when it's finished, but for now it's not worth it.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 30, 2023 11:07 AM
Oct 2023
I felt it was short, I liked it
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

May 2011
Honestly I wish the magic and action stuff wasn't part of the story, it felt very superfluous and at odds with the actually very good parts of the show. Seeing Claire sprint and do action flips before jumping 20 feet in the air was impossible to take seriously.
Although the little slime familiar was quite cute. I just hope this was the forced climax for volume one of the source material, and this aspect is greatly downplayed in the future.

The scene where Rae watches Claire and Thane romantically thank each other was really well done, you can tell that despite her earlier claims that she's fine with supporting Claire pursuing anyone, she still feels genuine heartbreak at the idea of seeing her with someone else. Instead of giving her typical overexaggerated "wow Claire-sama you really cared about me?!" reaction once she gets noticed and Claire is doting on her, she stays completely calm and composed instead (though she gives a bit of that overeager reaction as Thane leaves).

The after credits sequence was also very fun.
Oct 31, 2023 1:51 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to LostSpectre
I'm sad to say that episode 3 just ruined the show outright for me. It's complicated to describe, because it's not about the message, I just think that scene butchered the tone of the series and ruined everything that came before it, and now it just feels hollow when it attempts to revert back to the same sort of humor/tone in episode 4. Overall, I just find the series incredibly misleading in nature, and I'm not going to muddle through the show just for the tone to drastically (and inorganically) shift again down the line . I may look back into this anime when it's finished, but for now it's not worth it.
@LostSpectre
Just ignore that scene like it didn't happened, nothing like it has happened since, and so far it seems like that scene wasn't really a direct/important setup for anything that's going to happen. It also helps that the characters in that scene were totally off, Mischa doesn't even act like how she was acting that scene anymore, it makes it easier to pretend that scene didn't happen when it changes nothing and is ill-fitting.
Oct 31, 2023 2:51 AM

Jan 2013
Garrett_Dark said:
@LostSpectre
Just ignore that scene like it didn't happened, nothing like it has happened since, and so far it seems like that scene wasn't really a direct/important setup for anything that's going to happen. It also helps that the characters in that scene were totally off, Mischa doesn't even act like how she was acting that scene anymore, it makes it easier to pretend that scene didn't happen when it changes nothing and is ill-fitting.

Well, if I could do that, I wouldn't have a problem here in the first place, right? The show is just pretty much ruined for me, I can't ignore what I feel are narrative decisions that utterly butchered the previous episodes/potential, and I'm really not optimistic about how the show will attempt to balance contradictory themes moving forward. Frankly, I don't understand how Rae and Claire's interactions are supposed to feel like anything other than awkward after that scene, because logically it should be pretty fucking depressing from Rae's side, but the tone wants you to jump right back into the zany comedy, and I'm just not going to put up with it or force myself to try and enjoy it.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Nov 10, 2023 5:58 AM
Feb 2022
VERY NICE !!!!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2023 11:28 AM
Jun 2012
The best isekai since sliced bread.

Peak fiction. Pinnacle of love.
Nov 29, 2023 1:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course just focus on Claire and not go for the prince routes even during an attack xD But despite being pushed with Thane it's nice to see Claire blushing for Rae in the end :) I wonder what this baby slime will do as a familiar now
Nov 30, 2023 12:01 AM
Jul 2023
Seeing the claire and the prince moment from rae's pov just hurts smm like damn i told inori how i felt and she created rae taylor
Nov 30, 2023 10:53 PM

Sep 2022
It's really interesting how Rae Taylor can change and alter how the game usually works by having to make alternate moments that she hasn't seen in the game before. I think that is what makes this anime extremely interesting in my opinion
Dec 2, 2023 11:01 AM
Jun 2021
lixo morra mora morramorramooramooramorramoramorra
Dec 11, 2023 1:27 PM

May 2020
Good for that dude Thane, he at least for once could manage to do something his fellow brothers couldn't.

Also Rae must have kept that name in the back of her mind since ages ago, given how easily she could name that slime after her and Claire lol.
Dec 12, 2023 4:03 PM
Dec 2023
Boa continua mantendo a qualidade inicial apesar que as cenas de luta deixeixão a deseja
Jan 12, 9:38 PM
Jan 2014
Unexpectedly decent battle animation for the genre.
Feb 29, 6:18 PM

Aug 2019
claire was actually worried for her :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 8:44 AM

Sep 2014
I didnt worry about it during the exam but wouldnt the princes all be different ages and so in different classes? It wouldnt make sense to have them all be at the same grade.

So Rae is talented but not OP, thats nice. And the MC getting saved by their love interest and not the other way around is rare as well!

I dont know how to feel about Claire getting closer with Thane instead of Rae and I bet she doesnt know either. Wanting someone you like to be happy is cool and all but it hurts to see when someone else is the reason for it.

To think Rae would ever waste a single second bothering with a familiar instead of beeing close to Claire, there must be a plan behind it.
Comander-07Mar 15, 9:03 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 18, 5:00 AM
Mar 2023
ya puedo ver como acaba esto
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2023

157 by Baskarite »»
May 23, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yuyuichi - Dec 11, 2023

80 by Baskarite »»
May 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2023

66 by Baskarite »»
May 23, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2023

142 by foofighterz »»
May 20, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 13, 2023

68 by Baskarite »»
May 18, 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.