Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2023 12:55 PM
Jun 2022
HaXXspetten said:
For a 50-minute opening episode, that was pretty uneventful ngl
its meant to be a recovery section so obv nothing crazy would happen besides the uppermoon meeting which in itself was hype asf
Apr 9, 2023 12:57 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The prelude to the demon's realm though was well done Infinity castle was a very apt name for it. But the ranks of the upper ranks sure featured quite a curious cast of personalities while also having fearsome and scary regen abilities. Kanao's reaction at seeing Tanjiro awake was priceless. But the injuries of Tanjiro and co sure were bad. The Goto segment though was pretty fun. Aoi sure made quite the entrance but her segment was pretty fun as well. Given that they forge the swords used by the corps makes sense that they would keep it hidden. The Kakushi though really have quite the role. If anything its a true honor to be able to visit the village. Mitsuri sure had one hell of a appetite for having just a nibble. Overall a brilliant opening ep that balanced out recapping events with intruducing new characters and locations. Love the new enidng theme and its visuals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2023 12:58 PM
Jun 2022
Phosphophyllita said:
Why did this episode need to be 50 minutes long? Kimetsu no Yaiba doesn't have enough content for 20 minutes, so why did this episode need FIFTY MINUTES?
Why do all the characters in this anime have to be unbearable? Is it so hard to write a minimally normal character? Why does everyone have to scream in this anime? Not even Kana Hanazawa could save that unbearable pink-haired woman.
I'm feeling like this season will be even more painful than the last season, but at least (I pray for this) we won't have the boar-headed guy and Zenitsu in this arc, or at least not as prominent.
God, please help me, your child, as I will need strength.
you do know you can literally just... drop the series and keep your ignorant opinions to yourself since the majority of people will disagree with you...
Apr 9, 2023 1:02 PM

Jan 2021
Wow this first episode came in with a banger. I am super glad to see everyone returning once again and I am happy that Tanjiro survived that battle with the upper rank. Inosuke on the ceiling waiting for Tanjiro to wake up the whole time and nobody noticed that, that was funny. 

Tanjiro is headed towards the Swordsmith Village, I love how the village looks and even some fanservice was shown as well in the anime. Glad to see Mitsuri returning as well, looks like she missed Tanjiro. The dream that Tanjiro had became reality since he came across the man he saw in his dreams, so that's interesting. It also seemed like something was going on with Muichirou. Genya still hates Tanjiro. Tanjiro is now setting foot on a adventure to search for something that will make him stronger, as Mitsuri mentioned to him.

Man the animation, characters and everything still impresses me, its just perfect.
Apr 9, 2023 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
ShadowBullet said:
For a first episode that's twice the length, it was quite dull. The meeting of the upper demons was alright, but most of the episode felt dragged and was even unfunny. I am glad I didn't watch it in the cinema, since I would have walked out of it .
i actually agree with you after loving the 2 last seasons o absolutely hated this episode,it basically lasted 45 minutes and almost nothing happened it didn't need to be this long.
Apr 9, 2023 1:08 PM

Oct 2018
Kymazaki said:
Phosphophyllita said:
Why did this episode need to be 50 minutes long? Kimetsu no Yaiba doesn't have enough content for 20 minutes, so why did this episode need FIFTY MINUTES?
Why do all the characters in this anime have to be unbearable? Is it so hard to write a minimally normal character? Why does everyone have to scream in this anime? Not even Kana Hanazawa could save that unbearable pink-haired woman.
I'm feeling like this season will be even more painful than the last season, but at least (I pray for this) we won't have the boar-headed guy and Zenitsu in this arc, or at least not as prominent.
God, please help me, your child, as I will need strength.
you do know you can literally just... drop the series and keep your ignorant opinions to yourself since the majority of people will disagree with you...
It's a good thing that MAL isn't Reddit, and here people have the right to express their opinion, even if you don't agree with it or it goes against the majority. If you're looking to surround yourself with praise and positive feedback, I recommend going to the anime subreddit or the Kimetsu no Yaiba subreddit, where everyone will be praising the episode and anyone with a differing opinion will likely be censored.
And please, next time, read my signature and respect it. I don't like wasting my time with fanboys.
Best regards and have a great week!
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 9, 2023 1:09 PM
Apr 2023
what a masterpiece.... walking with the camera throughout the infinity castle, the animation was just too much to handle... had to stop the episode so many times....

10/10 opening song, and the 1st half of fear and curiosity vs the 2nd half of chill vibes and booba was a perfect mix.
Apr 9, 2023 1:16 PM
Nov 2020
Loved it!! Amazing animation at beginning in the Infinity Fortress. Can't wait for next weeks episode 
Apr 9, 2023 1:20 PM
Jul 2015
What an amazing start to a new season. Loved everything about it but the cliffhanger :')

I didn't even realise how much I missed the KnY and considered watching all the previous stuff, yet again. My most anticipated show this season and the only one so far that makes me struggle waiting for another episode. Ever since he first appeared I keep rewatching that scene when Muzans cells remember Yoriichi. Epic.

P.S.

NEEEEEEEEEZUKOOO CHAAAAAN!
Apr 9, 2023 1:25 PM
Aug 2021
Anyone noticed that it's getting 1/10 review bombed for no reason?
this should be atleast at 9-10/10
Apr 9, 2023 1:26 PM
Apr 2022
Xefly said:
yeah bots will do that, don’t worry they get discarded at the end of the season and a bunch of people will start rating it when they complete it, the score will 100% shoot up
Apr 9, 2023 1:27 PM
Apr 2022
Phosphophyllita said:
Kymazaki said:
It's a good thing that MAL isn't Reddit, and here people have the right to express their opinion, even if you don't agree with it or it goes against the majority. If you're looking to surround yourself with praise and positive feedback, I recommend going to the anime subreddit or the Kimetsu no Yaiba subreddit, where everyone will be praising the episode and anyone with a differing opinion will likely be censored.
And please, next time, read my signature and respect it. I don't like wasting my time with fanboys.
I mean ok but he is right, if you find it boring drop it bro.
Apr 9, 2023 1:34 PM
Dec 2022
muzan needs to do something himself bro
Apr 9, 2023 1:38 PM
Dec 2020
DS is back....

sound 8
ani 9
color 9

the OP also great....
Apr 9, 2023 1:39 PM

Jul 2022
so they already started with a bang.
what a feast for our eyes this episode was. I can´t wait for the next one. loving the presence of hashiras, I hope my Giyuu also makes it
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

Apr 9, 2023 1:41 PM
Nov 2020
the indian movie direction got me but that aside 10/10 episode🙌🙌
Apr 9, 2023 1:43 PM

Jul 2017
With the Entertainment District arc being the first success for the Demon Slayers in reaching their mortal enemy, Muzan and his Twelve Kizuki are in a tail spin, with the Upper Moon Rank demons summoned back to the Infinity Castle for another meeting. The Upper Rank 3rd Akaza in tow with the other demons revealed for the first time in the anime (like Upper Rank 2nd Gyokko and Upper Rank 1st Kokushibo), If anything, Muzan's boiling point has never been at this all-time high, for the Upper Rank 6th Gyutaro and Daki has been defeated, and for the first time in 113 years. And no matter what, the hierarchy will not change, even if it's the main thing on Akaza's mind. With that, it's back to business for the Upper Rank demons.

Tanjiro's dream of a baby and the man who'll only be known as Sumiyoshi, his recovery is slow and awoke after two whole months. The Kakushi Goto, who's always been in the background, despite the quiet Kanao looking after him, the rest too are also worried, including Inosuke who also have awakened earlier than him. The bickering doesn't help that Tanjiro falls back to a deep sleep, and it's better to give him some much-needed rest and rehabilitation to get his stamina back. And welp, Haganezuka is not happy that one of his swords is once again broken (but that's on him because he gave him a weak sword), so no sword for Tanjiro. The only choice is to go to the swordsmith's village where it's a vital place for the Demon Slayer Corps, and it's extremely well-hidden to avoid demon attacks. From Kakushi to Kakushi, Tanjiro is passed upon like steps, and the village welcomes him with glee,,,though there's someone eager to meet him.

Chief Tecchin knowing Tanjiro's purpose to meet Hotaru Haganezuka, but he's out at the moment, so the hot springs is where he'll go first. There's the obvious Love Hashira Mitsuri Kanroji taking a bath in the hot springs, and then there's the mohawk-hair style fellow swordman of younger brother Genza Shinazugawa as well. For Mitsuri, her reason for joining the Corps is marriage, and while Genya is nowhere to be sseen, Tanjiro's sword is just about touched-up and his experience in dealing with Muzan's Kizuki is priceless, and the secret sword in the woods, that's a temptation to go find it with Nezuko. But the Hashira having another meeting, as seen with the Mist Hashira Muichiro Tokito, and someone behind the kid...could it be?

A great return to Demon Slayer, things are turning up even in this lowly arc.
Apr 9, 2023 1:45 PM
Jul 2021
insane animation and nice introduction to the new arc. Nice to see that zenitsu is not present (at least for now) let's hope it'll stay that way. Let's also hope for the characters to get a bit of personality this time around.
Apr 9, 2023 1:50 PM
Oct 2018
As someone who hasn't read the manga, I have so many questions and I'm so confused. every person who looks similar to Tanjiro im like: this is his father?!?!!! and it probably isn't. but in the end? who was that man?!?!!!! I'm so boosted for the next episode. And dude, that camera angle?!!! Amazing!!! And the quality, muah! So amazing.
Apr 9, 2023 1:58 PM

Apr 2020
first half was some bollywood shit lmaoo

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Apr 9, 2023 1:59 PM

Mar 2016
Nice to get a double length starter to get things setup for the season. But why are their so many masochist smooth brains here? Can't be action all the time, as there is a story to be told. And if you think it's boring, how the hell have you managed to intentionally force yourself all the way to S3? Just watch something else if you don't like this. Life is too short to be wasting time on a series you find boring, so spent it enjoying something you do like.

As an anime only I am intrigued about the long-redhead. We're seeing the Upper Moon who has 6 eyes, the one Tanjiro saw in his dream, and now the teased backshot on the episode cliffhanger. Looking forward to finding out if they are the same person, or whether it's pulling a bit of an FMA and they're different similar looking characters (possibly siblings) - would make a bbit of sense considering the different swords shown.
Apr 9, 2023 2:10 PM

Oct 2015
As always, ufotable is unable to disappoint us. Animation and bso are always on point, and the mystery surrounding the new characters are just what we need to follow the anime each week religiously.

Apr 9, 2023 2:10 PM
Feb 2019
How is it possible for a 49min ep to feel like it has 30s?...
Apr 9, 2023 2:13 PM
Apr 2021
Was so excited to finally see Kokoshibo and Yorichi

Let's goo!!
Apr 9, 2023 2:15 PM

May 2015
Gotta love the people watching the third season of a show they don't like for...whatever reason. Can't imagine valuing my time that little.

Apr 9, 2023 2:16 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Okay visuals are 10/10 as always( why is not every anime like this :/ :D).
But the story is.. yeah not there tbh. I hope it gets more interesting.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Apr 9, 2023 2:16 PM
Jun 2022
Phosphophyllita said:
Kymazaki said:
Well, my friend, it's also a good thing I'm not expecting every human being to like the same thing, however, I would at least expect those people who disagree or do not enjoy what the majority of others might like would have some sort of logical and non-contradictory reasoning behind their very public criticisms. God isn't very interested in helping people who willingly and purposely subject themselves to pain so if watching the series is oh so "unbearable" and "painful" then I would suggest you drop it for your own sake. One more thing, your not special and neither is anyone else so you need to get off that little high horse of yours, the mere fact that you're already spending your time negatively criticising something that you consciously had to put in lengths of time for, which you will never get back, in order to keep up to date just so you can tell the world how much you dislike it is embarrassing enough.
Apr 9, 2023 2:26 PM

Jul 2022
yEy it's demon slayer! epic episode i want moaaar
Apr 9, 2023 2:38 PM
Mar 2021
I loved it so much. That show is amazing with a unique art style and with a breathtaking plot
Apr 9, 2023 2:44 PM

Dec 2013
we are back baby, and a long episode no less, what a pleasant surprise, the show is still as enjoyable as ever.

Mitsuri is, pun intended, quite lovely, perfect voice from Hanazawa Kana for her too, I liked how Tanjiro saw her running and instead of the usual nosebleed trope he actually cared and worried about her and made sure that nothing would slip by mistake, Tanjiro really is the bestest big bro, even for a pillar. Always glad to see the medic team, love those girls. What a cliff hanger to end the episode with!

I will always like how the show juggles between serious moments and funny / lighthearted bits, kinda reminds me of Gintama (not saying it is on Gintama levels ofc), it made me realize why I stopped liking BNHA that much, that one for me it's been the same tone for the past seasons and I got bored (not saying that Kimetsu or BNHA is better than the other).
Apr 9, 2023 2:51 PM

May 2020
That was a pretty good first ep for the 3rd season of demon slayer
the mitsuri bath scene was finally adapted
ufotable still has amazing animation
can't wait for ep 2

Apr 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Nov 2017
An excellent episode to start the third season! I love the opening!
Apr 9, 2023 3:07 PM

Jan 2021
Xefly said:
Its demon slayer boi. Its one of the most popular series right now. I aint surprised by the 1s at all. This was bound to happen. 
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Apr 9, 2023 3:09 PM

May 2021
Kymazaki said:
Phosphophyllita said:
Well, my friend, it's also a good thing I'm not expecting every human being to like the same thing, however, I would at least expect those people who disagree or do not enjoy what the majority of others might like would have some sort of logical and non-contradictory reasoning behind their very public criticisms. God isn't very interested in helping people who willingly and purposely subject themselves to pain so if watching the series is oh so "unbearable" and "painful" then I would suggest you drop it for your own sake. One more thing, your not special and neither is anyone else so you need to get off that little high horse of yours, the mere fact that you're already spending your time negatively criticising something that you consciously had to put in lengths of time for, which you will never get back, in order to keep up to date just so you can tell the world how much you dislike it is embarrassing enough.

They’ll complain on every forum thread about how awful this show is, but will always be the first to watch the new episodes as soon as they drop. They’re bigger fans than you or I, lol.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Apr 9, 2023 3:12 PM

Jan 2021
MikitoList said:
Kymazaki said:

They’ll complain on every forum thread about how awful this show is, but will always be the first to watch the new episodes as soon as they drop. They’re bigger fans than you or I, lol.
I agree man. Thats exactly what I thought. Everyday these people are impatiently waiting for a new episode to come out. Everyday they are impatiently waiting for a new thread to be made so that they can voice their (useless) opinions. I wish I were such a big fan. 
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Apr 9, 2023 3:24 PM

Apr 2016
Some really stunning visuals in the intro scene, loved it!
I'm really looking forward to more Mitsuri, she is excellent
Apr 9, 2023 3:25 PM

Feb 2022
Great start to the season!

With that in this arc 2 Pillars and 2 Superior Moons will be headlines (According to the opening)

I have high expectations with the next chapter because of the last scene of this chapter 1

Waiting every Sunday for a chapter of this beautiful series!
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Apr 9, 2023 3:26 PM

Oct 2020
Demon Slayer back with some more peak visuals and animation goddamn that upper moon meeting was animated beautifully.
Apr 9, 2023 3:30 PM
Apr 2023
nice art and animated
Apr 9, 2023 3:45 PM
Sep 2018
Psychologist: Ceiling Inosuke isn't real and can't hurt you.
Ceiling Inosuke: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Apr 9, 2023 3:50 PM

Dec 2019
whew ufotable went all out flexing their abilities, quality hasn't dropped a single bit unlike many anime sequals, loved the comedy this episode
Apr 9, 2023 3:53 PM

Jul 2021
It’s only April, yet the waifu of the year is already established
Apr 9, 2023 4:00 PM

Oct 2020
Genya really pulled out a f*cking shotgun in the opening lmao
Apr 9, 2023 4:01 PM

Apr 2015
Damn the beginning sequence with the upper moon demons was insane. My favorite part of the episode for sure, Ufotable was flexing their stunning visuals and animation as always. Rest of the episode was okay, still absolutely detest the comedy aspect of this show but it's nice seeing Tanjiro again. Just hope Inosuke and Zenitsu won't make an appearance in the village; I've already had enough of their yelling from this episode alone. Pretty good start so far and I'm interested in seeing more of that Upper Moon One demon.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 9, 2023 4:27 PM
Sep 2022
Animation 10/10
Characters 10/10
Story build up 10/10
Fan service 10/10

What more can I say.. this episode is peak❤️❤️
Apr 9, 2023 4:29 PM

Feb 2021
The Mitsuri scene was the best part of the episode
Apr 9, 2023 4:52 PM
Feb 2020
the start was too dramatic for my taste, and i was distracted by the upper one, just by glimpse of him my mind was running 100mph to come up with explanations, i hate upper 3 but i didn't think there could be worse, upper 2 is patriotic to top that he's narcissistic, upper 4 upper 5 seems like your general virgin otakus, one craving for validation other too afraid, i think i can never feel intimidated by mitzuba bro is literally MJ his hates towards change is interesting it makes me think at least there's some character writing for him, I LOVE INOSUKE, I HATE ZENITSU HE WAS ONLY FOR 1 MIN AND HE MANAGED TO MAKE EVEN THAT INSUFFERABLE, the upper 1 makes this episode super interesting, THE GIRL CAN TU-TURU ALL OVER ME, i'm interested about other 2 hashira's aswell, and i think tanjiro's sword maker is probably dead because mitzuba is looking for the technique and its user. 6.5/10
Apr 9, 2023 5:05 PM
Jun 2013
Phosphophyllita said:
Kymazaki said:

For someone that says to not like wasting time with "fanboys" you surely like to waste time watching 3 seasons and 1 movie of a series you clearly hate, which makes your entire pretentious comment sound super silly, but of course, you have the right to make a fool of yourself on MAL as much as you want.
Apr 9, 2023 5:08 PM
Sep 2021
The animation in this episode was world class.. I don’t think people understand just how hard it is to create that kind of depth perception and camera movement with complete flawlessness. Absolutely stunning. It was nice that the premier was 2 episodes long as well. Best premier I’ve ever seen, What an absolute banger to start off the new season. Can’t wait till next episode :). Well done animators, truly world class.
Apr 9, 2023 5:22 PM

Jan 2011
even though ive read this arc, cant remember almost anything about these 2 upper moons, particularly the coward one
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - May 7, 2023

290 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jun 4, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

710 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
May 26, 4:07 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM

» Which episodes to skip? ( 1 2 )

sakuraspace - Apr 5

52 by bassyey »»
May 13, 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.