Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 7, 2022 9:14 AM

Mar 2018
What an expensive operation; though, it really isn't too farfetched to say that this was necessary for Operation Strix.

Loidman!!
May 7, 2022 9:14 AM

Jul 2017
Episodes like these really do affirm to me that this series was made to be an anime more than just a manga. The extra anime-original scenes only made the 'rescue' to be a lot more entertaining and fleshed out, and I just love the chaos ensued in this episode while just being a dumb, fun time as a whole with the fluid animation and direction delivering really well on top of that as a whole. Drunk Yor was so great to watch, especially in full-combat mode.

SPY x FAMILY's such a simple show but it just manages to be such an entertaining experience, especially in anime form. Renting out a whole castle and spending tons just to make Anya's wish come true and have Loidman kick some ass like that is just a fun time, and that's what I've been wanting with anime for some months now. Worth the expenses to make Anya happy like that and to make this episode even more chaotic and fun in the process.
May 7, 2022 9:18 AM
Jan 2022
I think this episode very nicely demontrates what is happening with taxpayer money.
May 7, 2022 9:20 AM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, I enjoyed it 👍. Anya passed, and the interaction between loid and Anya was the best.

The play was also good.

Very good 👍 episode

I give it 8/10.
May 7, 2022 9:20 AM

Mar 2021
Such a fun episode i love how all the other agents all joined in and Anya looked so happy
May 7, 2022 9:22 AM

Dec 2014
Certainly the most expensive celebration party ever. They went above and beyond for those effects when Loid was zip lining and even got the badass doesn't look at explosions shot.

Yor is too cute. <3

Can't wait for next week.
May 7, 2022 9:24 AM

May 2020
I loved this episode it was so fun and wholesome I can't wait to see Damien and Becky next episode!
May 7, 2022 9:24 AM
Mar 2015
Great Bondman rescue of Princess Anya he was lucky Yor was dead drunk
May 7, 2022 9:25 AM

Apr 2013
Cloverworks & WIT are doing a great job so far with the adaptation. I loved the stitch frames & jump cuts when Loid goes to answer the phone from the couch. Whole family moment followed. And the castle scenario was done so well too.

Becky, Damian and Eden Academy next week!

May 7, 2022 9:26 AM

Jan 2022
very happy life for anya, i'm really happy she really deserves to be happy. 😁😁😁😁
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
May 7, 2022 9:26 AM
Jun 2021
was the airplane scene an anime original cause ion remember it from the manga
May 7, 2022 9:28 AM
Apr 2021
so lovely.... thats incredible!
Feb 2021
I loved this episode I’m glad they showed more of the castle then just it being like there for 3 minutes

Jul 2021
basicallykatsuki said:

Yeah it was an original scene, the manga is bit too straightforward they went straight to Yor vs Loid while in the anime, there was some process of Loid becoming more "badass" supposedly.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 7, 2022 9:29 AM

Dec 2018
Kinda boring during loidman saving princess Anya, but it's get better when Loid VS Yor.

What the... What's with mentioning Loid underwear colour for?

Oh wow, the 'popular' boy is making his debut next week. Can't wait to see hows good he is.

Oct 2021
Loidman tasketteeee... this is how a man having fun with his daughter. Fun but serious. And drunk yor is so cute tho. And dangerous.

Jul 2020
episode 5 I'm so glad for anya having her dream came true this episode is really wholesome
May 7, 2022 9:30 AM
Jun 2021
CQLLIST said:
basicallykatsuki said:

Yeah it was an original scene, the manga is bit too straightforward they went straight to Yor vs Loid while in the anime, there was some process of Loid becoming more "badass" supposedly.

oh okay i just thought my memory was bad thank you! that scene definitely made it 100x better for me
Feb 2022
it woke me up Big Time

Aug 2017
Loved this episode, the castle scene was hilarious! Loid is a softie when it comes to Anya and she knows it well.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 7, 2022 9:31 AM
Aug 2020
7 or 8/10. last episode with the elegant jokes was the best so far. it seems that the anime has peaked. guessing the remainder will hover around 7-8/10.
May 7, 2022 9:33 AM
Apr 2018
It completely different what the manga did and the anime not only did amazing job but I prefer the anime version, it was so exciting to watch. by far, my favourite episode
Jul 2021
loved it, they made an anime only build-up for this episode

Sep 2021
Man Forger is careless in the castle, a double agent can stuck in anytime to expose him. Don't mind the absurdity but this episode went a bit too far.
May 7, 2022 9:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Black cats and broken bracelets huh ominous indeed. Waiting list huh now that was a nice surprise. Anya's weird dance while strange also did well to show how anxious she is. But im glad that she managed to get in. Awfully generous of his bosses to provide him with both the plane and agents on such short notice. The deployment of so many agents as well was just amusing. Even though the mission itself wasn't one to stop a extreme threat the fact that it was all to give Anya a nice pat on the head for a job well done really is heartwarming. While proving to be a potent bonding experience for them as well. Gosh they really spared no expense in that op though. Yor really played the role of the final boss well. The fireworks display was the best way to end it. Overall an excellent ep that showed well that even without the threat of extreme threats spies were still capable of helping fulfill a Childs desires and in reward them after a job well done. Yes it may be a gross misuse of agency assets but the effect it had on improving the bond between Loid and Anya was worth every penny.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2022 9:37 AM

Jan 2019
look how the man went above and beyond for his daughter. a really fun episode. they went all out in the animation department

yor being dark souls boss nice touch
May 7, 2022 9:42 AM
Dec 2015
5/5 that was amazing role play by Forger family. Big thanks to Franky, he was the one who set up this party for Anya.

Anya waku wak
KapitanDulayMay 7, 2022 9:48 AM
May 7, 2022 9:43 AM
May 2020
woah, what a visually aesthetic episode. yor almost had twilight there lol
May 7, 2022 9:44 AM
Aug 2021
seriously great episode.
May 7, 2022 9:45 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Even though Anya didn't make the initial cut, she still got into Eden College thanks to Henderson telling Loid and Yor that Anya was placed very high on the waiting list. Next episode will be Anya's first day at school.
May 7, 2022 9:46 AM

Sep 2020
They added lots of extra contact in this episode. I mean half of the episode is filled with anime original scene.
May 7, 2022 9:48 AM
Oct 2016
When I figured out this episode would only be adapting the single chapter of playing rescuing Anya I was slightly disappointed because after this things really begin to take off story wise. But seeing how the episode actually went I got more excited. This will be the last part of the introduction arc. Anya has made it into Eden college school and so the first part of the operation is successful. A tough wait seeing if one of the other kids would withdraw so Anya can hop off the waiting list and into school.

Anya wanting to live out an episode of her favorite cartoon is such a perfect little kid thing to want. It is absolutely adorable how she wants to he a princess and her papa come rescue her. Anya loves Loid so much for all the excitement she's had since leaving the orphanage. The look in eyes when she tells him that made me tear up. Franky getting his most screen time this episode revelling in being the made up bad guy kidnapper. Its like he wanted to just torment Loid and used this as his means. Loid calling in all the agents to come help make it more real for Anya was so sweet, the best papa pulling out all the stops for his princess.

What really made this episode awesome was the insane animation. Seeing that is what elevated it since they only did the one chapter. As Loid is running through the castle the animation became so fluid and smooth to look at. Just clean as hell while he's dodging the rubber balls being fired and shooting back. Riding the zip line as those explosions go off. The fight with an extremely drunk Yor, who just got hilariously plastered the whole episode, looked so damn good. Animators went above and beyond this episode, kinda like Loid did. Very wholesome seeing Loid and Anya bonding one more time before she starts going to school. Next episode starts a whole new shift in the story.
May 7, 2022 9:49 AM
Apr 2021
My opinion, the episode was great even tho it's just Anya playing lmao, but it was great, because the music in the background when Loid do the flying fox thingy. Yeah.
May 7, 2022 9:51 AM
Jan 2017
kuroneko99 said:
boring. It seemed just a filler episode.

if you're really watch spy x family for the plot youre wack
May 7, 2022 9:54 AM
Apr 2021
I love every little thing they added to Spy x Family episode 5. Every ridiculous, over the top, extravagant detail.

Because, you know what? The animation team truly gets the spirit of the manga. They understood the assignment.

Anya had the time of her life this episode when she also joins in on Loid and Yor's mission. Also, hilarious they managed to capture Yor's expressions when she gets a bit drunk on alcohol.

Franky was also lowkey entertaining to watch this episode imo
May 7, 2022 9:54 AM
Apr 2022
I rlly wish the fight lasted longer with loid and yor besides that great ep
May 7, 2022 9:55 AM
Apr 2021
Dukino said:
When I figured out this episode would only be adapting the single chapter of playing rescuing Anya I was slightly disappointed because after this things really begin to take off story wise. But seeing how the episode actually went I got more excited. This will be the last part of the introduction arc. Anya has made it into Eden college school and so the first part of the operation is successful. A tough wait seeing if one of the other kids would withdraw so Anya can hop off the waiting list and into school.

Anya wanting to live out an episode of her favorite cartoon is such a perfect little kid thing to want. It is absolutely adorable how she wants to he a princess and her papa come rescue her. Anya loves Loid so much for all the excitement she's had since leaving the orphanage. The look in eyes when she tells him that made me tear up. Franky getting his most screen time this episode revelling in being the made up bad guy kidnapper. Its like he wanted to just torment Loid and used this as his means. Loid calling in all the agents to come help make it more real for Anya was so sweet, the best papa pulling out all the stops for his princess.

What really made this episode awesome was the insane animation. Seeing that is what elevated it since they only did the one chapter. As Loid is running through the castle the animation became so fluid and smooth to look at. Just clean as hell while he's dodging the rubber balls being fired and shooting back. Riding the zip line as those explosions go off. The fight with an extremely drunk Yor, who just got hilariously plastered the whole episode, looked so damn good. Animators went above and beyond this episode, kinda like Loid did. Very wholesome seeing Loid and Anya bonding one more time before she starts going to school. Next episode starts a whole new shift in the story.

I love every little thing they added to Spy x Family episode 5. Every ridiculous, over the top, extravagant detail.

Because, you know what? The animation team truly gets the spirit of the manga. They understood the assignment.
May 7, 2022 9:56 AM
Nov 2021
Love the fight scene Loid vs Yor
May 7, 2022 9:57 AM

Jul 2021
It was like all the others tbh.
It was fun and all and is already peaking but still some more bars are needed to be set
also the background music, lmao reminds me of sherlock
Life sucks
May 7, 2022 10:00 AM

Mar 2010
Very Waku Waku episode
May 7, 2022 10:02 AM

Jul 2021
lol pvp of yor vs loid tho, she could have had his ass if she wasn't intoxicated
Life sucks
May 7, 2022 10:04 AM

Jan 2019
I legitimate think this was one of the best anime episodes I've seen. Top 5 probably? The director did amazing, animation and OST were just on point. I'm going to die from so much cuteness.
May 7, 2022 10:06 AM

Nov 2016
I guess it's supposed to be good thing that the series fully utilizing all of its aspects to be works very well in animated format because otherwise you don't get this kind of stages and fluid blockbusters action in live action film without a lot of effort and budgets. But I don't know, I just don't really enjoy this episodes as much the other one simple because this time the plot is just too rough for me to take seriously. Not that I want the anime to be a realistic experience mind you because the fact it's comedy and cartoons is actually the anime's main charms but yeah, good things can be bad if they are excessive. It just too much of stupidity this time around.

May 7, 2022 10:06 AM
Sep 2019
This and Kaguya-sama sama every weekends, man I feel so blessed tbh
May 7, 2022 10:08 AM
Aug 2021
As an adaptation of chapter 6, it delivered and then some, with an entirely new sequence that isn't in the manga. Additionally, the music for the episode was perfect for the action and drunk Yor is a trip as always.
May 7, 2022 10:08 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I don't care if this is a filler episode or not. The action sequences, the music, animation and Loidman made it great for me. Also, drunk Yor is menacing with those moves, better watch out Twilight for that and the bill.

I'll look up what song was being played during the stairs sequence later.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 7, 2022 10:12 AM

Jan 2021
That was extreme and the biggest team effort mid way through I thought this whole has to be expensive the organization are definitely gonna remember this expense and drunk Yor was ruthless
May 7, 2022 10:17 AM

Jun 2015
RedCobra75 said:
kuroneko99 said:
boring. It seemed just a filler episode.

thia is not filler mr boomers swj twitter craps.

About 50% of the episode was original (there wasn't that much over the top action in the castle), but still not a filler
May 7, 2022 10:18 AM

Apr 2021
This episode had blushing Loid AND drunk Yor. That alone makes it a 11/10 episode.
May 7, 2022 10:18 AM
Apr 2022
Homura24 said:
pretty good episode
anyas dead pan help mes are the best lmao
and yors just bae

Every time she said “help me” I died 😂
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

491 by colino09 »»
May 18, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.