Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2023 6:15 PM
Sep 2021
Muito agoniante a parte que ele não consegue decidir o que fazer, mas ficou tudo bem no final, kimetsu tá cada vez melhor a cada temporada
Jun 18, 2023 6:20 PM

Jan 2011
i dont understand what Nezuko has that allows her to survive the sun maybe there was a hint at some point in the story? if there was a reason i didnt get it, once again the fight was underwhelming, upper moon 4 spends most of the time just running away, that is boring
anyways i think most people agree that this arc is inferior to previous ones, lame villains an new characters that are uninteresting, average fights that are well animated but arent particularly impressive, it had amazing visuals as usuals but that can only carry a show so much
5/10
Jun 18, 2023 6:37 PM
Mar 2017
It's just Kars ''Conquest the Sun'' from Jojo's, ok. It was obvious that no one would die since I saw the secons season, the author doesn't have the courage to kill it's protagonists just like Fairy Tail so they just make a false dead to try to make you feel sad and then laugh in your teary face because you thought it really died / take the story seriously or whatever reason.
Jun 18, 2023 6:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A nice and thick final episode, and damn it really benefited from it. From the final battle with Hantengu to the moment Nezuko conquered the sun, an absolutely tasty episode, of course the art and animation was awesome too but that goes without saying lol. I did see Nezuko surviving coming but man the way they did it was so awesome, perfectly timed and the music really helped make the scene. And now Muzan is a happy camper since Nezuko has leveled up, so happy that he casually ended those maids, I felt bad for them but at least they were quick deaths.

And I’m ngl Muzan’s backstory was a little underwhelming, but at least now we know how demon Michael Jackson got his start. And the last scene before the credits rolled where the villagers celebrated Tanjiro was really nice, and almost like a farewell to the season itself which I really enjoyed.

And with that we’ve reached the end of another season of Demon Slayer, it had some issues but this is another one of those times where I’m so glad to be a fan of this series, it gets a good amount of hate but I will happily say I love this series which is a sentiment a good friend of mine shares as well, he’s also a big fan of Dr. Stone like me so you know we were both eating good this spring season lol. But now they’re both sadly over, I really hope they can air in the same season for a 3rd time in the future, but I’m not sure if we’re that lucky lol. But man, it’s time to say goodbye to Demon Slayer once again, I really look forward to the next season!

And as a final note, I think this season has the best OP in the series so far, you just can’t beat Man with a Mission!
TheColonel76Jun 18, 2023 7:16 PM
Jun 18, 2023 6:41 PM
Jun 2022
This arc isn't as good as the others but they still did a great job with the animation, opening, ending, soundtrack and everything else, really loved it!
Jun 18, 2023 6:42 PM
Feb 2021
It’s not the best but I drew this, one of my favourite parts of this episode!
Jun 18, 2023 6:43 PM
Nov 2017
One more time this anime is the GOAT one more time i cant put on words who i fell, the work and the love for this ufotable thank you for making this the better anime in my life you are amazing i love kimetsu this episode show who good KnY is LETS GOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Seasson 4 im here to see more of this art this amazing anime who makes mee feel so happy that i watch anime.

HEHEHE I cried so muchhh.
Jun 18, 2023 6:44 PM
Nov 2017
One more time this anime is the GOAT one more time i cant put on words who i fell, the work and the love for this ufotable thank you for making this the better anime in my life you are amazing i love kimetsu this episode show who good KnY is LETS GOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Seasson 4 im here to see more of this art this amazing anime who makes mee feel so happy that i watch anime.

HEHEHE I cried so muchhh.
Jun 18, 2023 6:45 PM

Jul 2017
The chase for Hantengu is making Tanjiro's execution harder than most, and they don't have much time, for daybreak is coming soon, and even Kanroji is on her limits facing Zohakuten. Still, with an injured body, Tanjiro has to surpass his limits, and with the help of Genya and Nezuko, deal the final blow...which still doesn't execute Hantengu. But there is hope, with Haganezuka's refined sword up...till the 1st stage, and this is enough to behead the Upper Rank 4...if Hantengu wasn't killed the wrong way. And with the moment of daybreak, Nezuko burns at the sight of the sun, though Tanjiro has many situations that he can only make the right call for only one choice, which Nezuko gave him the boot and the extra fight to kill Hantengu through his heart. Tanjiro thinking that he'd come this far just to lose his sister, Nezuko is actually fine, and even able to greet him herself, to the sigh of his relief.

Muzan, never thought that a demon could survive the sun, this is something that not even the 12 Kizuki has a trait of. His past self, turned into a demon from a generous doctor back in the Heian era, he could crave human flesh and blood like a demon, but could not withstand the sun, to greater power. The Blue Spider Lily which is detrimental to the cultivation of power that Muzan so longed to become immortal, it's all within Nezuko. But that all pales in comparison to everyone being safe and sound, including Kanroji, and it turns out that Nezuko's blood was a major transformation and transfiguration when it comes to managing her human and demon side that sparks new development of Nezuko being the ultimate demon.

Tanjiro owing an amount of debt to Haganezuka, and Kotetsu just has to curse himself again for the latter being embarrassed to see him off as the siblings leave the Swordsmith Village with the praises of its people. For the first time, the Swordsmith Village can be seen, and this is for the gratitude and victory that he has brought to the village.

A resounding victory as always, and the Hashira Training mini-arc is next.
Jun 18, 2023 6:52 PM

Nov 2014
Can't believe this season ending was even worse than last season.
Seems like the anime has gone to shit.
Jun 18, 2023 6:54 PM

Sep 2020
Alright so this season feels slow and boring, but this one episode clears the entire season.

Damn that Nezuko moment... Hits hard...

I'm so glad i watch this at Dawn.
Jun 18, 2023 6:57 PM

Apr 2022
well, thank god nezuko conquered the sun, because if you were gonna tell me that i had to sit through this whole season of trash just to lose nezuko in the end, i would flip. would've been an immediate 1/10.
anyways, this was by far the best episode, just a shame i had to wait this long. and to think that the most tension created this season wasn't by any of the demons or upper-moons, but by the sun.
kinda underwhelming for mitsuri having to be saved as well, i mean she's a hashira. but ay, booba i guess.
i liked this last episode but despite that, i'm sticking with this being a 4/10. almost everything else this season, i disliked, felt like a real chore. worst season by far and for it to happen straight after the entertainment district arc, which i really liked.
also, muzan jackson has his sights set on nezuko now so i guess we'll be seeing more of him later.
new season has been announced already, seems to be the hashira training arc and i can only hope it gets better!
Jun 18, 2023 7:02 PM

Oct 2019
So Nezuko is now a day walker. I never saw that coming. I knew the show could not go on without Nezuko, but I thought someone would protect or cover her from the Sun in time. So that was quite a surprise!

However she is now in grave danger. Somehow Muzan Kibutsuji got wind of it despite Nezuko walking in the Sun after his second upper rank demon died. He looked like he could glimpse her from afar.

It was nice to finally see Muzan's backstory too. In the next season I suppose he will send No3 (Akaza) and No2 (Douma) after her, perhaps along with No1 - who appears to be the original Demon Slayer, the one that mighty sword used to belong to.
We all know Muzan would never risk his own neck, since he is a coward. Great season overall, I rate it 9/10 😊

p.s. As for the timing of Nezuko's evolution to a day walker I posit that it was not coincidental. While that researcher lady predicted she might soon conquer the Sun at first she started burning. The only thing that changed after that was her self-sacrifice: she broke Tanjiro's dilemma about who to save by kicking him toward the humans.

With her willingness to sacrifice herself to save three humans perhaps her humanity outshined her demonic traits and so her evolution was accelerated.
SharpedonJun 18, 2023 7:29 PM
Jun 18, 2023 7:16 PM
Jul 2021
Best episode of the entire season by a wide margin followed by the first episode. Nezuko conquering the sun and Muzan's rage lol. His backstory was okayish. This season wasn't that interesting ngl. Mitsuri and Muichiro's backstories were decent at best, the Upper Moon demons felt like a joke in strength, the comedy as usual wasn't good at all and thank God I didn't have to see that mf Zenitsu again. Also, Genya finally shined a bit as a character. Before this season, I had completely forgotten about his existence in the story.

I know that the upcoming arcs are better, so yeah I am hyped for them. Season 4 is the Hashira Training arc it seems.
dk107_Jun 18, 2023 7:19 PM
Jun 18, 2023 7:18 PM
Apr 2023
I got emotional when Nezuko started to burn even though I knew what was going to happen. I love Tanjiro hes so baby I dont want him to have to hurt anymore. I think they did a really good job portraying that pain for him !!

But the writing in this arc is… sigh…not very good. It didnt carry that intensity that Season 2 did. There were so many random jokes and dialogue interspersed that it broke the mood. Am I supposed to laugh or am I supposed to be worried X character may not make it out alive ?

I will say this until Im blue in the face but I wish we got more episodes to develop EACH character rather than just throwing in a random backstory in the middle of the fights. I still love Demon Slayer despite this. Just a little disappointed.

Jun 18, 2023 7:20 PM
Feb 2021
Best episode of the season
Jun 18, 2023 7:31 PM
May 2013
Jun 18, 2023 7:33 PM

Dec 2009

Conflicted about this season because I found the first half of the season overall to not be that great.  Lots of exposition and when the fighting started I didn't care much for the Mist Hashira and his fight.  Also really missed Zenitsu and Inosuke.  It just felt like the team chemistry was missing with them not there.  They also really held back on the Ho-shira until the final 3-4 episodes, but once she  got involved it was great and also the final episode is probably my favorite ending of any of the seasons so far.  Overall I suppose that ending saved it for me.
ninkendoJun 18, 2023 7:38 PM
Jun 18, 2023 7:44 PM
Apr 2017
I wasn't thinking about this season as something special, but this last espisode changed my mind. It was just a roller coaster of emotions. The way I cried because of what was happening to Nezuko made me realize how much Demon Slayer and it's characters are important to me. I won't even think that much about the history anymore. I love this anime and hope to be here in the next seasons!
Jun 18, 2023 7:50 PM
Jun 2013
SSGHOKAGE said:
I knew the creator didn't have the balls to actually go through with it.
1st rule of anime, until you see a character die (which includes their eyes phasing to white, sad music, no sound from the character, their body going limp, and the screen turning gray) always assume they're still alive no matter how fatal the wound. Main reason Akame Ga Kill is one of the best anime ever made, people actually die in that show.

Nezuko was never about to die, this isn't a matter of "having or not balls", and no, Akame Ga Kill isn't one of the best anime ever made, specially for the stupid reason of "killing characters", killing characters for the sake of being edgy doesn't mean good writing.
Jun 18, 2023 7:52 PM
Jun 2013
Best episode of S3, no contest, this is the Kimetsu no Yaiba we all love, unfortunately the season as a whole was quite disappointing, i'm sure binge watching must feel a lot better but doing it weekly was quite rough, this freaking should really have ".5" score, because i actually want to give it a "7.5".
Jun 18, 2023 7:55 PM

Jul 2021
Well trying to be as constructive as possible but this was definitely the weakest arc to be adapted. The villains haven't been given enough depth and development. The overall plot structure is becoming predictable and repetitive. Also, it's a bit disappointing that the villains haven't achieved any significant victories so far, making the main villain and his henchmen seem weak and unimpressive. Upon reflection, I realized that the conclusion of the story left me somewhat unsatisfied. It would have been great to have a final interaction with Mitsuri, Muichiro, and Genya as Tanjiro was departing, allowing us to understand their current thoughts and future aspirations.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 18, 2023 7:58 PM
Jun 2013
CrimsonWanderer said:
Consequences? in my Demon Slayer? What's that? oh nah bro, we don't do that here, your sister that was literally melting by sunlight? nevermind that, she's fine now bro, look, she doesn't even have a scratch or anything, and she can talk too, ain't that nice?
It's almost like her not being affected by the sun is a totally planned thing and directly tied to the whole main plot and main villain of the story, this isn't plot hole or plot armor, it's a plot twist that will move the story to it's finale.
Jun 18, 2023 7:59 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Good season! Not my favourite but still great.

Upper ranks 4 and 5 sucked imo as villains. I had no interest in them, both were so annoying. 1-3 on the other hand are awesome in their own ways, I’m hype for future seasons.

Deffs a lot of plot convenience and timely powerups this season, but I didn’t necessarily mind it. I did think Nezuko’s sudden immunity to the sun was a bit toooo convenient, but now it makes for an awesome plot since Muzan is coming after them.

Muzan turning into a demon originally from ingesting some random medicine with blood was a bit odd.
Jun 18, 2023 8:06 PM
Jan 2023
loved this season! all i was for was some more screentime with zenitsu and inosuke
Jun 18, 2023 8:07 PM

Jul 2012
I had no idea this was an hour long what an absolute treat aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanh! 
Jun 18, 2023 8:08 PM
Aug 2022
would've been more impactful if there was a little more explanation to Nezuko getting sun screen.
Jun 18, 2023 8:10 PM
Jun 2021
I cried a lot 🥲🥹
Jun 18, 2023 8:11 PM
Nov 2016
That comedy is garbage, I simply can't stand that shit, and the sword-obsessed freak and his shitty-ass comedy is goddamn awful, fuck, I wish that mother fucker die already, I'm watching something serious, and then that mother fucker starts screaming about how he wants the goddamn sword back, just shut the fuck up already, they are using the goddamn sword to kill the demon you fucking imbecile, I wish you just die already.

Other than that garbage which I fucking hated, the episode was pretty damn good, they went all out with the animation so it didn't disappoint in that aspect, that Upper-moon turned out to be a pain in the ass to kill, I didn't like the Nezuko's fake-out death, all that emotions just to have her survive is kinda meh-ish, but at the same time, I don't want her to die either, I love that girl so I'm glad she's alive, too bad Nezuko's story is basically over for now, she won't have another good moment till the end of the series and that won't happen for now, so for you Nezuko's lovers like me, you're out of luck.

Pretty good episode overall with shitty-ass comedy, so 4/5, as for the season, it was meh but this episode made me improve the rating by 1 point since it was pretty good overall, so instead of ending this meh season with a 6/10, I will end it with a:

7/10
Jun 18, 2023 8:13 PM

Feb 2016
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
CrimsonWanderer said:
Consequences? in my Demon Slayer? What's that? oh nah bro, we don't do that here, your sister that was literally melting by sunlight? nevermind that, she's fine now bro, look, she doesn't even have a scratch or anything, and she can talk too, ain't that nice?
It's almost like her not being affected by the sun is a totally planned thing and directly tied to the whole main plot and main villain of the story, this isn't plot hole or plot armor, it's a plot twist that will move the story to it's finale.
Can't argue with that logic.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 18, 2023 8:16 PM
Jan 2022
The music and art style was beautiful as always. I can't wait for next season and more slaying
Jun 18, 2023 8:17 PM
Nov 2019
Honestly have a hard time ranking this episode. Nezuko "conquering the sun" is something I'm gonna need an explanation for beyond just "she's built different." Everything else was great though.
Jun 18, 2023 8:22 PM
Nov 2016
AnimeNerd99 said:
Honestly have a hard time ranking this episode. Nezuko "conquering the sun" is something I'm gonna need an explanation for beyond just "she's built different." Everything else was great though.

You won't have the explanation mate, it was just a plot device, this anime fails hard in explaining things.
Jun 18, 2023 8:24 PM
Apr 2022
Amazing, top tier music and voice work!
Jun 18, 2023 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
i am an impatient person, so i decided to read ahead in the manga, for the first time, just to see what happened. This moment in the manga left me speechless

i cried tears of joy, that's how impactful this scene was.
Jun 18, 2023 8:26 PM
Mar 2018
xZabuzax said:
AnimeNerd99 said:

You won't have the explanation mate, it was just a plot device, this anime fails hard in explaining things.
yep it was the author making up a reason for the muzan to want nezuko and lead to the big 'battle arc' nothing more nothing less
Jun 18, 2023 8:34 PM
Apr 2021
Last episode was insane
Jun 18, 2023 8:38 PM
Oct 2018
I’M SPEECHLESS
Jun 18, 2023 8:40 PM

May 2021
Definitely the best episode of the series for me.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Jun 18, 2023 8:44 PM

Oct 2022
With the beheading of the upper four and Nezuko successfully surviving under the Sun, the final battle of this season ends. Though the enlargement of the upper four's main body was not something I expected.
And while the whole Swordsmith's Village in rehabilitating, Tanjiro  leaves to head for another mission and now is one step closer to slay Muzan.

This season's animation was excellent as always though the CGI they used was not still, it was far better than Ex Arm.
Personally I didn't like this season as much as the second season as after the release of every episode, I was waiting for a climactic fight but it never happened like Tengen vs Gyutaro in second season.
Now this point is very biased and you may not agree with it, but the side cast of this season was not so good, I liked Tengen as the side character but not Muichiro and Mitsuri so much.

So, it's a 5/10 for me.
Jun 18, 2023 8:46 PM
Mar 2015
He done atoned for his sins and took responsibility for his actions. Nezuko's blood changed and she can live in the sunlight but someone who looked for that formulat for 1000 years is after her
Jun 18, 2023 8:53 PM

Apr 2021
Nezuko and Tanjiro's bond is really able to be the daylight. So cute. I'm stoked to see how this journey will lead us next. Also shout out to manga readers who get to enjoy the beautiful art and story in the way it was originally supposed to be consumed.

Jun 18, 2023 8:58 PM
Jun 2023
i think if demon slayer doesn't have good animation then it wouldn't have been this popular.it show to much back ground story in between fight.like when he is about to die they show like the whole life story and then in few seconds mc will save them . and demon slayer is using family sentiments to make it popular.every person have their family back ground where they suffered but if they show for every person back story in between fighs that is no good.and they are showing like mc is always right. when mc says a single statement then other hashiras are changing their behaviour and point of view.and i don't know how powerful actually a hashira is. are they powerful then tanjiro or equally powerful.
Jun 18, 2023 8:59 PM

Sep 2013
Nezuko is now able to conquer the sun LETS GO!!!
Also take a sip everytime everyone says "Thank Goodness" lmao
Jun 18, 2023 9:00 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Wow, what an astounding episode. The animation was breathtaking, the music was moving, and the climax was immensely satisfying.

Nezuko decides to make the ultimate sacrifice to ensure the lives of others are saved. I think this act is what allowed her to overcome the sun. I can't say for sure since I've not read the manga this far, but it's just my theory. The story has always alluded that she's so much different than any demon, even the Twelve Kizuki. Even looking at her Demon Art, a fire that only hurts demons. And now she can live in the sun. Such an exciting development.

The moment it was revealed that she was alive was awe-inspiring, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. However, my enjoyment was dampered a little due to the fact that I knew Nezuko wasn't going to die, she's an integral part of the story, so I knew she would somehow be alright. The way it was revealed was beautiful enough that it was still an immensely powerful moment. Especially when she started talking. This whole reveal has really pushed the plot forward like nothing before it.

Despite an incredible finale, this season definitely had its ups and downs. The constant flashbacks, keeping the story from moving forward was starting to be grating, making a great show a slog to get through. At least we got some great new additions of the cast. Mitsuri is an angel, and such a great older sibling to Tanjiro and Nezuko. And Genya really turned himself around in my eyes, he's a really good guy. I was confused on how the hell he temporarily turned into a demon, and I guess they didn't want to explain it? Of course, Nezuko's new transformation is something that's still at the forefront of my mind after this. Seeing her conquer the sun and actually speak is a moment I won't soon forget. 

Even during rougher periods, Demon Slayer is still the premiere anime series to watch. Its style is gorgeous, the action is jaw dropping, and most importantly, it's got so much heart. Definitely not the best season with the painful amount of flashbacks, and the finale definitely helped it out a lot, but I still really enjoyed my time with this. I really can't wait to see where we go from here, it feels like everything has changed. The next chapter of Tanjiro and Nezuko's story can't come soon enough.

8/10.
Jun 18, 2023 9:20 PM
Jan 2021
PEAK EPISODE, i loved the fights between tanjiro and the upper moon 4, + exposition on muzan and the great sacrifice to nezuko. this was a truly wild ride. thanks ufotable!
Jun 18, 2023 9:23 PM
Apr 2021
yellowheartren said:
WELL. As expected... lots of padding and a few asspulls here and there, this might well have been two regular episodes. Nothing special to see here, move along, folks - don't forget your tinfoil hats blindfolds and noseplugs.

futuretechfreak said:
wasn't it supposed to be 70 mins but in actual it's 52 mins wtf!
70min slot in the programming, the english tweet/translation kinda obfuscated that. Considering commercials and all, this was expected - actually more like 48min even, the rest is just the end credits.

well if y're a manga reader can ya tell me if this season adapted all the chapters of SSV arc?
Jun 18, 2023 9:27 PM
Oct 2019
when i thought she was going to die i was like "oh shit. this is going to be great. everything just got flipped on its head". just the abruptness of that kick; i had to go back and look again to understand who did what lol. but then i realized she was probably going to live (i thought she'd be saved somehow by someone) and i became less impressed haha. i also HATE those dumb flashback montages, and we got one when they wanted us to think she was going to die as she was burning up. that ruined it a little bit for me as well.

the surviving in the sun bit was interesting. and the og vampire guy wanting to consume her adds a whole new dimension to this. not sure how genya is still alive. he was literally shot apart earlier. but i guess if boarhead can survive by "moving his heart" last season, anything is possible. "it's magic" meme.

i don't like gonpachiro. and i didn't like him this season. but he was a lot better this episode. though, it was kinda stupid how he started crying and saying not even his sister's bones remained when he hadn't even gone and looked for them yet (not important but bugged me nonetheless).

i don't proclaim to remember all of the demon backstories, but this emotions demon has to be one of the worst. i liked the guy hashira's backstory. i didn't quite connect with the girl hashira that much. the "honing" swordsmith was entertaining. and the elder swordsmith seems like he's hiding some mystery, op skill/secret? (i don't want spoilers)

i had this season at a 6.5/10 prior to this episode. This episode was going to determine whether I scored it a 7 or 6 on MAL. Since i give this episode 8/10, the season gets a 7/10. But more accurately it's still a 6.5/10.
HagePotPotatoJul 8, 2023 10:23 AM
Jun 18, 2023 9:27 PM
Jan 2023
Was so incredible. amazing, excellent
Jun 18, 2023 9:35 PM
Jan 2021
What an incredible season finale, I already expected to be surprised by ufotable not by the plot because I've read the manga, but that scene with Nezuko moved me again my eyes tears came out, last fantastic episode I really enjoyed this thirrd season.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - May 7, 2023

290 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jun 4, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

454 by jasiy100 »»
May 21, 7:46 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM

» Which episodes to skip? ( 1 2 )

sakuraspace - Apr 5

52 by bassyey »»
May 13, 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.