Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2023 5:42 PM

Aug 2019
is there any different scenes between this episode and the one shown in the movie version? I kinda don't want to watch through it again if nothing has been altered since it is almost an hour long
Apr 9, 2023 5:45 PM
Aug 2016
THIS SEASON IS GOING TO BE SO SICK OMG
Apr 9, 2023 6:20 PM

Jan 2021
Rimusimp said:
Ionliosite2 said:

I don't hate Kimetsu no Yaiba tho, I just think it is boring.
Then don’t watch it? Why would you come here and watch it if you don’t like it?

Because I don't dislike it either, I thought this was obvious. Kimetsu is mostly boring to me, but it has it's worthwhile moments that I like.
Apr 9, 2023 6:23 PM
Apr 2022
Ionliosite2 said:
Rimusimp said:
Then don’t watch it? Why would you come here and watch it if you don’t like it?

Because I don't dislike it either, I thought this was obvious. Kimetsu is mostly boring to me, but it has it's worthwhile moments that I like.
Still that doesn’t make much sense to me, I’m sure you could find another show that doesn’t bore you and also has worthwhile moments… if you feel bored then either find another show or don’t complain 🤷🏿
Apr 9, 2023 6:31 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s time for the 3rd season of Demon Slayer, and I can’t believe I am typing that rn lol, it just doesn’t feel right, but I’m happy nonetheless, this was a great nearly an hour long first episode. I know a lot of folks saw this in the “movie” already but this is my first time and I liked it a lot, it was a great start to this Swordsmith Village arc, and from the looks of it we won’t be seeing Inosuke or Zenitsu this time around, if that’s the case I’m kinda sad because I love those goofy lads but I’m also down for some new characters to shine like the two featured Hashiras this time, I especially loved the Mitsuri stuff here, I always loved her design so it’s nice to finally see her in the spotlight and she did indeed steal it for what time she was there, the bath scene was nice even though I think it was overhyped by my pal lol, and her reasoning being revealed for being a Hashira was cute, I wonder if that’s the truth or not.

And at the end Tanjiro caught a glimpse of the man he’s dreamt about before, and he also looks suspiciously like the strongest of Muzan’s strong demon boys (I forgot what they’re called lol) so I’m wondering what’s up with that too, especially paired with that flashback to him and Tanjiro’s dad. And with that we’re in for another season of Demon Slayer, Ufotable killed it again and I’m excited to see what’s to come. And damn what an OP that was, I miss LiSA and Aimer but I’ll absolutely take MAN WITH A MISSION and Milet, a very good one to add to the list of amazing OPs this show has, now I’m excited to hear what the ED is gonna be.

I’m really happy to have Demon Slayer and Dr. Stone in the same seasons again since Summer 2019!
Apr 9, 2023 6:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the Mitsuri screentime i have long since waited for

gawd... shes such simp material....
Apr 9, 2023 6:41 PM
Dec 2019
Can't wait to see more! Tanjiro better not break his new sword when he gets it.
Apr 9, 2023 6:49 PM
Dec 2022
It's so great to see everyone again!! What still surprises me is that everyone survived the season 2 battle! Seeing the 5 upper demons was freaky, cuz most of them were freaky! Tanjiro was in a coma for two months, that's crazy, and when he woke up I was happy Kanoa was the first to see him (Not counting Inosuke), since people shipped them. Mitsuri and her Kakushi were moved by Tanjiro's words, the MC's are always the strongest, so did she find the guy she looked for? And does Kanao now have rivals? Go team Kanao.
Apr 9, 2023 6:56 PM

Jul 2016
They better not kill off Mitsuri's character when this arc concludes. She's such a lovable sweetheart.

Great start for this third season. Upper-Moon reunion looked absolutely stunning (ufo be flexing hard there) and the second half with Tanjirou just chilling at the Swordsmith Village was pretty nice too.
Also it seems Inosuke and Zenitsu will be out of the picture during this season, which I'm sure will make a lot of people happy.
Apr 9, 2023 6:58 PM

Apr 2022
thank god for mitsuri and her booba because that first 15mins made me lose interest but mitsuri managed to make me get back into it. hanazawa kana don't miss.
i also think the cleanup brigade dude was jokes, pretty sure he was voiced by shirogane's VA. kanao also finally spoke.
ED was nice... or was that the OP just put in the end? idk, either way i like it. chibi nezuko is cute too but i still prefer mature nezuko, i even forgot about her for the first 35mins.
as expected, animation delivered but aside from the fanservice, episode was pretty meh. the ending seemed interesting though, let's see where this goes.
Apr 9, 2023 7:00 PM

Feb 2011
Absolute banger of an episode. Forgot how cute miss aoi is as well, UNF. and Kanao, both cute AF

The banter with the demons in the beginning was awesome, just giving each other lethal blows for fun, and the return of michael jackson was also awesome.

The numero uno demon really creeped me out, absolutely do not like that design. Great job i guess, nailed it
incredible first ep tho

Apr 9, 2023 7:04 PM
Jan 2019
UFOtable once again raising the bar in excellence.
Apr 9, 2023 7:10 PM

Aug 2020
Neurons were activated that’s all I’ll say..
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Apr 9, 2023 7:15 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A homerun of a first episode. Immediately starts with a tense and frankly mind bending scene. The direction was excellent, and really made you feel that the Infinity Castel was a completely foreign dimension to our own. The reveal of the remaining upper 5 was great to see.

Tanjiro is the spitting image of his father. I always thought the swordsman his father was talking to was how his father looked, but I guess not. Or at least not yet.

Another surprise was knowing Tanjiro was in a coma for 2 months. But it makes sense considering the brutal fight from last season. It looks like this time around, he's on his own, away from Inosuke and Zenitsu. Great to see the super thicc Love Hashira though!

Very excited for this new season, and it looks like Ufotable shows no signs of any kind of dip in quality. This episode looked like a movie with how impressive it was.
Apr 9, 2023 7:17 PM

Oct 2016
The animation quality and design of the upper moons continue to amaze
Apr 9, 2023 7:20 PM
Aug 2018
this episode was perfection!!!!
Apr 9, 2023 7:29 PM
Aug 2021
Pre_Yum said:
Kimetsu is back. And... just as you'd expect it started with a bang with a 1 hour special. With all the new demons being introduced into the show with Muzan being there as well as Kokushibou who's hyped so much by the fans. He has a cool design but there is no match for my boy Akaza. Truly, the best boy. Love him. Tanjiro, on the other hand, is a literal copy of his dad. LOL. It was nice to see all of them worried about Tanjiro so much. Inosuke is still the best boy from our side. No competition whatsoever.

Tanjiro is now finally at the village. And, the first thing we saw was beautiful Mitsuri in the hot spring. LOL. Tanjiro is a nice kid. The first thing he covered were her boing-boing. The guy from the first season is back as well. And, Muichiro made his first appearance in the show. Can't wait to see more. The new OP is alright.

He looks nothing like his dad lol. That wasn’t tanjiros dad in the begging of the episode. Tanjiros dad had like orange tips
Apr 9, 2023 7:29 PM

Feb 2014
Downhill from now, this arc is still okay, but the best part of the manga is already over.
Apr 9, 2023 7:30 PM
Aug 2019
Allow me to hug nezuko
Apr 9, 2023 7:34 PM
Yuri is Life

Dec 2022
I love the ED, that's it! 
Apr 9, 2023 7:37 PM
Mar 2021
Ufotable just dropped a new Demon Slayer series and they excel once again.

The visuals I've seen so far are probably their best work, and I can't wait to see what comes from this season!
Apr 9, 2023 8:03 PM
Oct 2022
damn that opening.it's hits hard..
Apr 9, 2023 8:23 PM
May 2017
Peak animation has returned let's goooooo. Double length too, nice.

4.5/5
Apr 9, 2023 8:29 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
The episode was solid for the first 15 minutes... It's a shame that it put me to sleep for the remaining 30.

I'm still excited to see more of the Sky Castle though.
Apr 9, 2023 8:31 PM
Jan 2021
KIMETSU NO YAIBA: SWORDSMITH VILLAGE ARC, Episode 01 Impression

What a poor introduction for this new arc. I had a bad feeling since the very first scenes including all the upper-moon demons that's being presented like it came out straight from a Bollywood's editing room. it's exaggerated in a totally wrong area. A cinematic attempt that add nothing to the narrative besides making it looks messier.

When the focus shifts into Tanjirou and his friends dealing with the aftermath of the last season, they can't help themselves but making everything appears cartoonist. It feels like they didn't know how to write a proper dialogues or build-up towards any revelation. Or is it maybe by joking and making a cartoonist speedrun exposition, is the only way for this show to able to take anything seriously when their characters are not clashing or butchering each other?

And lastly, i'm surprised that it took me 4 season to recognize that the whole narrative structure of this show, when they're not spending their entire budget in a flashy fighting sequences, are literally constructed just like a 4-Coma manga? Constantly jumping around through short moments and bits that only lead to one punchline after another? I mean seriously, some people might find it charming, but to me this is just lazy. And these issues are more apparent in this first episode when there's basically nothing happened yet

Atleast the animation is still consistent. But sadly, the new OP might be the worst one yet in the series

(Context for the Image: Did the author seriously just complementing themselves? lol)
EmpireDeLunaApr 10, 2023 1:27 AM
Apr 9, 2023 8:36 PM

Apr 2015
The Ufotable studio complying as always, never letting its guard down and they are still not showing all their cards for this sag

Salvatierra21Apr 9, 2023 8:44 PM
Apr 9, 2023 8:40 PM

Mar 2020
I loved the new OP visuals and song. Probably my favorite of all the shows I'm watching this spring season. I'm a fan of MAN WITH A MISSION and milet. 

As always great episode. Looking forward throughout spring season.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 9, 2023 8:48 PM
Mar 2021
Already saw this in theaters, but still a great start to the season. I'm probably the only person excited to see Genya finally become part of the main story, but that's okay. I'll gladly root for my boy alone.
Apr 9, 2023 9:09 PM

Feb 2014
So good to have demon slayer back. Such an enthralling show! The visuals again are just phenomenal. Ufotable is the best 2D animation studio in the world, hands down.

And wow, we saw upper rank number one. The current Sun Hashira who met Tanjiro’s dad and number one gotta be related somehow. My prediction is that number one is the first Sun Hashira. It’s neat that one of the demons was a former Hashira so I bet his abilities are really fucking strong.

Lastly, the hot springs scene lived up to the hype.
Apr 9, 2023 9:10 PM

Mar 2021
I really do not have anything to add to the discourse. I just really enjoy this show and I am glad it is back.
Apr 9, 2023 9:35 PM
Jan 2023
Too typical I would say. However I'm not saying the same when it comes to animation; as expected of ufotable it was yet another vibrant and well-detailed art. Hope it gets better along the way; can't wait to see them battle one of the uppermoons.
Apr 9, 2023 9:58 PM
Jan 2021
It was an amazing first start
Apr 9, 2023 10:02 PM

Jun 2015
Gorgeous episode, even though I think they went too hard on the panning...? This episode could have been like 35 minutes max. But I personally like this arc, so I'll not really complain.
Apr 9, 2023 10:03 PM
Apr 2022
Yes, the OP played at the end was sublime.

Animation is brilliant as well.

That mix of 3D made to 2D CGI done so well.
Apr 9, 2023 10:08 PM
Jul 2017
what a spectacle the opening is supposed to be with the castle. COOL. does it add any thematic value? Spend more time flushing out the plot and characters than guud drawing

this is the most contrived bullshit method of arriving at the sword smith village...it makes 0 sense

why is this anime so horny with the bathtub scene and the gratuitous anime tiddies

the wind guy not eating is sus. why doesn't he eat?

What's the secret weapon?

If the fifth and fourth upper moon found the blade village, why not send a full assault with all the moons to destroy it rather than the weakest 2?
Apr 9, 2023 10:13 PM
Apr 2023
awesome and i like it
Apr 9, 2023 10:14 PM
Nov 2019
Upper Moon stuff in the beginning was great, I'm really curious about Upper 1. Not to mention that dream Tanjiro had.  

Seems like Zenitsu and Inoskue will be off doing their own thing during this arc, which is kind off unfortunate. 
Apr 9, 2023 10:19 PM
Jul 2019
Amazing first episode, this is not the first time Ufotable aired an episode longer than the standard 20ish minute standard, its really refresing break of the mold. Honestly felt lik a moive, hope they can keep it up throughout the season.
Apr 9, 2023 10:30 PM
Jan 2020
the first moment was the best
Apr 9, 2023 10:41 PM
Dec 2019
THAT WAS TUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 9, 2023 10:44 PM

May 2015
They showed all the bad guys. If the first is not Tanjro's dad, he has to be somehow related to him. There's no way he's not.
Apr 9, 2023 11:17 PM
Dec 2018
At this point, every new arc begining just feels the same all over again. This was a very dissapointing start to the season. The reveal of all the moons was exciting but I feel like the desings could have been better. The humour was very much forced and the fan service nude certainly was not necessary.
Apr 9, 2023 11:19 PM

Dec 2012
HOLY SHIT. THAT INFINITY CASTLE SEQUEN WAS SICK
Thanks ufotable for the UNLIMITED BUDGETWORKS!

Apr 9, 2023 11:25 PM
Dec 2022
I haven't seen such an animation in anime. masterpiece...
Apr 9, 2023 11:27 PM
Apr 2019
What a way to start the new season
Apr 9, 2023 11:27 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Saw this first ep during the movie. Still hype to watch it again. Keen for more!
Apr 10, 2023 12:11 AM

Dec 2022
well I think it speaks for itself
Apr 10, 2023 12:17 AM

Jul 2021
love to see the rating.

this was exactly similar to what we watched in the movies as expected. finally got to watch it properly without the cringy people hooting all the time.

looking forward to next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 10, 2023 12:20 AM

Oct 2013
Alright, time for the Swordsmith Village! I forgot how I missed watching Kimetsu no Yaiba on weekly basis, haha.

Special effects were top-notch, as expected. It's cool that we saw so many "potato faces" implemented into that episode.

anime_on_demand said:
Saw this first ep during the movie. Still hype to watch it again. Keen for more!
Same, although while cinema experience surely added epicness to the whole movie, watching it at home felt almost as good to me. Infinity Fortress sequence looked mindblowing in both cases. I can't wait to see the next episode. :)
Apr 10, 2023 12:38 AM
Nov 2016
The episode was so-so to be honest, of course, I won't judge the whole season on this single episode but I didn't like this episode and my reasons are simple:

1 - The Upper-rank meeting has way too many special effects for no reason and yeah, I cringed in that part, almost every little thing they said just had that annoying, exaggerated, over-the-top warping effect for no reason at all, it was probably to make the scene look darker or cooler or whatever but it did the complete opposite to me, I cringed hard with so many effects and I usually love Demon Slayers effects, they are amazing in the previous seasons but they really overdid it in the Upper-rank meeting and I hated it and this is a shame since I loved this part in the manga. The Lower-rank meeting was pretty good when it happened since it was dark and eerie but the Upper-rank meeting was not, I cringed here.

2 - Too much fucking comedy, I'm glad I don't have to deal with Zenitsu in this season but they always find a way to shoehorn that fucking comedy without him.

But whatever, it's just 1 episode so it's not the end of the world, I will obviously finish this season and I might still end up liking it as I did in the Train Arc and Entertainment District Arc, I never judge an entire anime or season on a single episode but yeah, this episode didn't leave a good impression on me.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - May 7, 2023

290 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jun 4, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

710 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
May 26, 4:07 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM

» Which episodes to skip? ( 1 2 )

sakuraspace - Apr 5

52 by bassyey »»
May 13, 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.