Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 25, 2023 8:26 PM
Apr 2022
made me cry, ready to see what the rest of the season will hold.
Mar 25, 2023 11:01 PM
Feb 2023
Hory sheet..

I hope that ogino scum got killed in the end of the series. He is the same man who causing the explosion that killed kazuki's wife
Mar 26, 2023 5:45 AM
Nov 2019
Her mother was something else, she tried to protect miri !
Mar 26, 2023 6:11 AM

Feb 2014
I kinda feel like this episode is way too rushed especially if next week is the last episode already. :/
Mar 26, 2023 9:45 AM

Nov 2019
In my opinion, this episode fell short of my expectations. The pacing felt off, and the events that unfolded seemed to undo much of the previous build-up. The decision to kill off the mother was a questionable one, and it felt like the impact of this development was not fully explored. Additionally, I was disappointed by how little character development was given to Miri, who was left in the dark about important information. It would have been beneficial to delve deeper into her emotions and development. Despite these flaws, I am curious to see how the final episode will wrap up the anime.
Mar 26, 2023 12:13 PM
Sep 2021
IHateBoredom said:
In my opinion, this episode fell short of my expectations. The pacing felt off, and the events that unfolded seemed to undo much of the previous build-up. The decision to kill off the mother was a questionable one, and it felt like the impact of this development was not fully explored. Additionally, I was disappointed by how little character development was given to Miri, who was left in the dark about important information. It would have been beneficial to delve deeper into her emotions and development. Despite these flaws, I am curious to see how the final episode will wrap up the anime.

I think they had no other issues, the episode 8.5 wasn't planned I believe and it was originally planned for 13 whole episodes.

But covid happened, and they went short by one episode, so they probably had to fill more content in the last few.

Still loving it
Mar 26, 2023 5:14 PM

Nov 2012
This was a really good episode. I don't know how going on the run is the go to solution. Killing Rei's dad should be the go to solution. If Rei kills his dad, he becomes head of the family and can call off the hit. He can even put a hit on that crazy "last words" assassin if you wants. If Rei can't do it, I'm sure Kuzuki would have no problem taking the job.
Mar 26, 2023 7:25 PM
Nov 2016
I think they used the fool tactic on this last scene... Making us think that they just want to go over the family route but that last part when they talk about taking care of Miri and doing house chores as well as letting Kyu-chan know, is their resolve to fight the Suwa organization.

It drives you to think that they can just do it easily after Miri's mother died and just go back to playing house, but it will be them taking it down in order to fulfill that dream.
Mar 26, 2023 11:38 PM
Jun 2019
People are so hurt by this twist, they're calling it a bad twist or writing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Mar 27, 2023 12:08 AM

Feb 2019
I'm SOOO disappointed!!! It was such a great anime... The way they treat her mom's death... I just can't! It's so disrespectful. Also the killer guy not finishing the job when both adults were already shot is a massive plot hole! That guy would not freak out like that!!! The whole thing was just so unnecessary.
Mar 27, 2023 12:10 AM

Feb 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Yea I can’t lie this kinda ruined the show for me man. It was already bad enough Miri mama was dying of cancer but then to pull this shit is just horrible. You take both of her parents like this.. she’s going to be broken for life.

Plot device to get rei to turn on his dad I guess, but felt like they could’ve done other stuff. Most people probably won’t let it get to them like that, but I can only speak for how I feel. Doesn’t feel like anything will be resolved in one episode, needs another cour.
Couldn't agree more!!!
Mar 27, 2023 4:37 AM

Mar 2014
that's lame that miri's mom was killed off just to let the two dudes fully manipulate miri's future.
Mar 27, 2023 5:05 AM
Mar 2023
This episode got dark. They showed Miri's mother's charcter very well. although I don't have empathy for her but definitely I'm glad that she knows how much selfish she's been to her daughter.

I also liked Rei's character development in this episode. He was more attentive and brave than Kazuki.

From now, things are gonna more complected to handle for Rei and Kazuki. Let's hope things don't end up very dark. I want to see them happy forever.🫢
Mar 27, 2023 9:48 AM
Mar 2023
the episode was quite sad but I still liked it alot. The main reason the ep was a banger was probably due to the literal character development of Rei. Like man! he finally expressed himself and if we compare him him to his previous self its alot! Way to Go Rei! Now I just need a second season TT one isn't enough!!!
Mar 27, 2023 10:39 AM

May 2016
This episode escalated so quickly...

Mar 27, 2023 10:43 AM
Jan 2021
i feel bad for her Miris mum, being terminally ill and only having her limited time with her daughter being shortened was sad, cant wait for next episode. 
Mar 27, 2023 12:43 PM
Apr 2022
I think I just felt every single emotion. At first I was like "Is he gonna make Rei kill them" and then when I realized I was screaming. Miri's mom was trying so hard to do things right this time and all of it was gone in an instant.
But I gotta talk about Kazuki choosing not to tell Miri about the situation. He knows Miri cannot possibly understand what is going on. In time I have a feeling he and Rei will tell Miri everything but they know that won't be for years.
ALso when Kazuki told Kyu they family relationship wouldn't be false I lost it. They are the dads who stepped up and I am crying.
Mar 27, 2023 4:54 PM
Jul 2022
Sad episode... Still love the heck out of it.
Mar 27, 2023 10:00 PM

May 2009
How will they explain Miri her mother is dead?
Mar 28, 2023 12:15 PM

Jul 2021
Miri's mom was already dying due to cancer disease and her life got even shorter Y-Y

Mar 28, 2023 9:40 PM

Jul 2016
Shitty writing. Miri's mother actually wanted to change but since the story demanded for Kazuki and Rei to return to Miri's life, studio took the "lazy writing" route and killed her off without a second thought. That's it. Now the "obstacle" between the Papas and Miri is finally gone. Jesus Christ...

Also, what the hell? Not even half a day passed and Kazuki already proclaiming "we're gonna be a real family now!" with optimistic OST in the background. Dude... at least wait for Miri's mom to reach Rigor Mortis first ffs.

And let's not forget about sleeping Miri being fucking deaf, Kazuki not being able to shoot for shit and edgelord assassin not killing useless Kazuki because he needed to fulfill his "final words" fetish first. Seriously, what a trash episode. My god...
Mar 28, 2023 11:33 PM

Feb 2019
that was very unfortunate for Miri's mom, but i saw it coming from the moment she made an appearance last episode. now, the question is: HOW will our two papas make a real family out of their current situation? hehehe
Mar 29, 2023 8:51 AM
Feb 2015
That is so tragic, I kinda thought the mum was gonna double-face the whole situation and was evil but who thought they'd ended up killing her instead. At the gradual workup to her passing and Kyu-chan called her, I was like m8 she ded πŸ₯Ά and it sucks the cancer she got wasn't the thing to take her away but then that also would lead to the question, if say this kerfuffle didn't happen, what would even happen to Miri after her mum's passing from cancer that was mentioned?

But yeah can we finally get Ogino and Suwa-head's death shots already? Sugar Apple Fairy Tale already finished this season so I don't need to think about the infuriatingly insufferable characters there I wanna strangle so now I can direct all that hate to those two bellends in this anime πŸ˜˜
Mar 30, 2023 1:29 PM
Aug 2021
Gympy said:
phantomfandom said:
No pressure, but other anime just end with lead characters of the same sex kiss and have sex in the last episode, again, no pressure!!!

Don't try to shoehorn in a romance where one doesn't exist. It's Buddy Daddies, not Banging Daddies.

this is my favorite response i’ve seen to someone saying this by FAR
Mar 31, 2023 8:12 AM

Jul 2007
where is episode 12? MAL lists buddy daddies as finished, but i can't find episode 12
β˜†β˜†β˜†
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
β˜†β˜†β˜†

Mar 31, 2023 12:48 PM

Jun 2019
Nooo... she was genuinely trying to be a better mother and the organization took her away from Miri. What a cruel world for Miri. I don't know how she's gonna react when she finds out about what happened to her parents. RIP Miri's Mom. Papas are back to care of Miri once again.
Mar 31, 2023 9:37 PM

Dec 2016
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
@Kimurah

Did you just write an entire paragraph about my rant? Having too much free time?

Oh the irony. @Sigmar-Unberogen using a discussion board to vent off with irrational takes and calling me out for calling out your BS not to mention the having too much free time defense (says the guy with 2k posts that also needs to die on this hill)

Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Of course I'm going to be the one to say this. Do you want an official letter from the author or a studio or something? Here's a hint: People define bad/lazy writing differently -  I know, a shocker!

People are gonna call anything bad/lazy out of personal agenda, not out of rational thinking which your rant lacks of.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Gonna stop you right there pal. Nobody asked for your lecture about realism when it comes to dealing with stress. It's like seriously discussing "why a guy suddenly tripped" in a horror movie. You can argue the guy was scared and genuinely tripped and got caught by whatever monster was chasing him. I'm gonna call it lazy-ass writing and argue the author purposefully tripped the character to have few survivors at the end. There can be no definitive answer in this discussion so don't pretend like your argument makes more sense than mine. It doesn't.

Nobody is going to ask about the plausability of a different scenario due to well stablished status quo being broken that leads to poor performance of professional hitmen out of shape not to mention both Rei and Kazuki were already in conflict long before by taking into their home the kid whose father they killed.

By making a statement that there is no definitive answer you're already forfeiting your previous statement of bad writing

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
It always makes me chuckle how people like you ask for "book of rules". This is a rant. People judge things based on own opinions. I literally put a warning up there for smartasses like you to ignore my comment or to take it with a grain of salt, but I guess you couldn't resist the urge to sound smart anyways. Anyway, moving on, did you seriously compare this show with purposefully dark comedies like  Kickass, Zombieland, or Shaun of the Dead??? Bruh...

A rant isn't some sort of "diplomatic immunity" card that allows you to just blurt out some outlandish statement without having a retort to point out your poor and flawed argument with a personal agenda.

The cherry on top is how you try to use a strawman to use as rebutal to cover up how comedies and dark comedies CAN and actually DO mix deaths in between of action comedy shows. Hey I don't even have name recent darker titles that do this, I can easily name Lupin III doing this for several seasons or even pull out Trigun out of the box and claim they did the same 25 years back, and that show was full on clown nose, puffy wig and huge shoes from day one. I also named last season's Akiba Maid, but you also conveniently ignored that part of my defense.

My point was to prove how out of touch you are regarding on how deaths have been in part of action/comedy shows for quite a while.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:

This show just killed off the beloved mother (only parent) of an innocent kid in cold blood. Just like that example I made about a guy tripping in horror movies, killing her off looked like a lazy-ass writing to me, made purposefully to get rid of the "obstacle" who took Miri away from the main duo and have them reunited again.

Funny that you use the word "beloved" mother, when the original idea was to portray her as a dead beat mother who abandoned her child (there goes down the drain the 20/20 vision of your "rant"). The writers already took the route of redeeming her by giving her a terminal disease and coming back to Miri. Her being killed by Ogino isn't something out of the blue, the whole show has been cemented on death from day one, started by Kazuki's fiance being colateral damage and Rei killing a traitor no behalf of his father's orders. Just because it looks lazy ass writing to you, doesn't stop me from making an objection on what it appears to be some really bad judgement that snowballed out because a show didn't specifically followed a set of rules that you obviously placed before hand (like your bogus argument of deaths not being in an equation of action comedy).

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Google the definition of a rant next time, if you're so oblivious. And another shocker, people can talk about something that hasn't yet happened too, if they want to.

I know the definition of a rant and like I said, it doesn't give you immunity to be called out (specially on a board of public access). Using your same argument I can also call you out on jumping the gun before even having the chance to watch the final episode and get a negative view preemtively (shocker isn't it?).

My point in this regard is calling out your "lazy and bad writing" argument as just a personal vent because the show didn't do things the way you wanted in your A,B,C, checklist. It's not really bad or lazy writing, it's more akin to calling out a drunk guy that's complaining that his beer doesn't taste like vodka.
KimurahMar 31, 2023 9:54 PM
Apr 1, 2023 12:16 AM

Nov 2013
@Kimurah

I'm not reading an essay that took 1 week for you to write. 

IMO this was poor/shit writing. This isn't even a minority opinion as evident in the thread. I couldn't care less about your opinion about my rant. Go call it flawless or normal writing all you want. You have your reasons, I have mine. You don't go out calling peoples opinions "horseshit". You seem to have a big impression about yourself. You imagine there's a universal rule to what's shit writing, which is pathetic. Didn't you say something about "book of rules"? Which "book" are you using for your reasoning?

I'm seeing your last statement about a drunk guy. Funny how you think it's reasonable to "call out" or argue with a drunk guy. Talks volumes about the type of person you are. Go touch some grass please.
Sigmar-UnberogenApr 1, 2023 12:24 AM
Apr 1, 2023 5:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sure the ending became heartwarming but what a horrible episode for what happened sadly... I feel so bad for the mother, she really had the most shittiest life and couldn't even enjoy her last moments with her daughter, RIP
Apr 1, 2023 11:09 PM

Sep 2015
It was predictable with how the mother would die. But this just somehow makes it good.... jeez... very unfortunate.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 2, 2023 12:20 AM

Jan 2021
I hope that Miri will be okay when she finds out that her father was shot to death by her adoptive father and her mother was shot to death by an assassin who worked for her adoptive father's father :") she will be raised by a dangerous but loving family.

Apr 2, 2023 11:47 PM

Jan 2017
Rei and Kazuki choosing the hardest difficulty for their option even though the orphanage idea was sound, I don't see the whole assassin plotline resolved unless both of Rei's dad and Ogino is dead
Apr 3, 2023 1:37 AM
Apr 2022
The tension in the chapter is incredible.
Apr 3, 2023 5:24 AM

Feb 2022
I felt so sad for Miri's mom... She just want to live her remaining life for Miri's sake.

And that edgy bastard Ogino is so freaking annoying, Rei & Kazuki must take that bastard out.
Apr 3, 2023 9:43 AM

Oct 2008
Miri's life so tragic!
first her dad...now her mom...oh no! how will Kazuki and Rei explain this to her especially when she grows-up how would she handle the realization of y'know stuff...
5/5.

Apr 4, 2023 11:02 PM
Apr 2021
La mamá de Miri no era mala madre desde un principio, que triste que ni siquiera tuvo tiempo para despedirse bien de Miri y que horrible vida tuvo:(
Apr 6, 2023 2:39 PM
Dec 2021
great episode. rollercoaster of emotions
Apr 6, 2023 3:56 PM

Nov 2021
bro im dying over here was really killing her mom off NECESSARY?!?! πŸ’”
LIKE she already had such limited time too- 😭

Apr 9, 2023 7:40 PM
Aug 2022
I loved the series! it make me cry at the end because I thought there was not going to have a good ending, but it was just the plot twist they wanted to give!
Apr 18, 2023 12:34 PM
Sep 2019
It got me to tear up, and feel really emotional.
Apr 30, 2023 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing that messy kitchen, brings some tears to my eyes the Mom actually put effort into changing herself for Miri. Too bad the Suwa family ruined it all and also sad another woman dies in front of Kazuki again without him being able to do something.

May 1, 2023 9:01 AM

Oct 2022
I didn't think id be upset about her mothers death though it made me tear up, couldn't cry though i was eating ice cream. I hope that while they want to be a real family, they deal with trouble first.
opin·ion
[Ι™ΛˆpΙͺnjΙ™n]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Jul 12, 2023 6:08 AM

Feb 2019
Seriously? She lost her real parents thanks to Rei and Kazuki, now they offer themselves as a replacement?
And all the adults sure like to lie to Miri a lot.

Jul 16, 2023 10:56 PM
Apr 2019
this was genuinely heart wrenching i didnt expect that from this show
hi, how are you?
Jul 17, 2023 8:04 PM
Jul 2023
WHY THE MOTHER HAD TO DIE WHYYYY
Jul 26, 2023 1:13 AM

Mar 2019
okay i was SO WRONG. the organization didnt try to do anything humane just bc a child was involved, that was all kyu apparently
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Sep 2020
While everyone is crying about lazy writing, take solace in the fact that Miri's mom wouldn't be dead if she answered the phone. Not ghosting people will save your life one day!

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Sep 30, 2023 5:23 PM

Jan 2021
Look... Spy x Family ain't got nothing on this....
Oct 12, 2023 10:04 PM
Oct 2020
so good that dude creepy though
Oct 27, 2023 2:44 AM

Nov 2022
Not sure how they're going to be able to prevent his father's wrath though.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2023

291 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 31, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

167 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 31, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

110 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 31, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

96 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 30, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2023

111 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 30, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.