Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 4, 10:28 AM

Dec 2021
Step by step, fluff by fluff...

Deciding to join SSGIRLS, the school band, Yori began participating in band practice after school in preparation for their live performance. Meanwhile, Himari, who had been meeting with Yori every day, felt it would be a waste to have idle time and started searching for extracurricular activities she could join at a pace of about twice a week. During her club exploration, she was drawn into the room of the cooking research club, where the aroma of delicious food naturally wafted.

Aki is right to act this way. These relationships usually end badly, so it's best to protect your friend. I wanted to point it out last episode, but it was really apparent this episode, specifically during the rehearsal part, but the animation for this show.. well isn't the best. I mean not that this show needs to be some sakugafest or something, I mean it's a romcom, but at least passable animation would be nice. But that ending... It's good Himari is getting a push. Yori can't handle uncertainty, and she's banking too much on the performance to make Himari love her. But what if Himari only enjoys the music? Yori would still be stuck in jealousy and frustration.

War has been declared... See, this is how you do a love triangle well.

May 4, 10:31 AM

Feb 2020
Well well well... Things are truly getting spicy. I gotta say I really like this love triangle. I can't wait to see what'll happen next.

I liked that Yuri Is My Job! poster. Very nice reference. :)

SerafosMay 5, 12:49 AM
May 4, 10:55 AM
Apr 2017
Just want to share this cute Shiho-senpai picture ✨
May 4, 11:01 AM
Nov 2022
kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
May 4, 11:28 AM
May 2023
I mean it was obvious, but Aki went for the jugular
May 4, 12:17 PM
Aug 2022
episode 4 of whisper covered the last of volume 2 meaning were moving on to volume 3 with the next 2 episodes. So it's basically official that they are adapting 2 episodes per volume.

I gotta say with Aki and Kaori particularly they absolutely nailed the hell out of they're voice actors and personalities, Especially Kaori, She's exactly how I imagined she would be.

I had heard people complaining about the quality and this episode I thought was fine, In fact I thought the animation was really good. We got Introduced to Momoka and the best written character in the show Shiho (aka the girl everyone is gonna come to hate) and my favourite

Ngl I was expecting Shiho to have a deeper voice, But I'm already getting used to her voice. They absolutely nailed it with Shiho's design she looks perfect.

The way the handled it really made the first 3 episodes feel like the setup for whisper.

Takeshima's art is honestly amazing and the anime could never capture it perfectly but the anime's style has its own charm.

and for anyone wondering the love triangle is really not that big of a deal, It honestly doesn't affect the story at all and is just a push for Hima more or less.

Forgot to mention this but the Yuri is my job reference was cool
Phantom_373May 4, 1:47 PM
May 4, 12:23 PM

Feb 2019
Ngl kinda hard to go back to this after the amazing Yorukura episode.. but Yuri Saturdays continue

Whew I’m glad the girls are branching off and doing their own thing a little instead of just hanging out with each other constantly. Himari could really do with some interaction from other people and joining clubs is a perfect way to do that. Idk why she’s always so drawn to being alone with cute senpai, but she and Momoka* senpai hit it off very well. Being the only two club members.. that’s totally not a recipe for a love triangle or anything, 😂 this’ll be fun.

Yori joining the band and having something to work towards in terms of improving her musical skills is dope too. Cute that she’s jealous over Himari being alone with another girl, but she really needs to work on her self confidence if she’s gonna be a good gf at some point.

Wiiild ending. Aki went straight for the kill and didn’t beat around the bush. Respect for her not dragging things out and telling Himari how she feels about Yori. Yori isn’t exactly Himari’s to “give” though. I’m excited for some drama in this one though, things felt too easy with both girls falling in love off rip

Watayuri reference was dope!
Marinate1016May 4, 1:50 PM
May 4, 1:45 PM

Mar 2021
Can't wait to see how this love triangle pans out things are going to get more interesting from here on. Loved the Yuri is my job reference I certainly wasn't expecting to see that.
May 4, 1:48 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to Marinate1016
Ngl kinda hard to go back to this after the amazing Yorukura episode.. but Yuri Saturdays continue

Whew I’m glad the girls are branching off and doing their own thing a little instead of just hanging out with each other constantly. Himari could really do with some interaction from other people and joining clubs is a perfect way to do that. Idk why she’s always so drawn to being alone with cute senpai, but she and Momoka* senpai hit it off very well. Being the only two club members.. that’s totally not a recipe for a love triangle or anything, 😂 this’ll be fun.

Yori joining the band and having something to work towards in terms of improving her musical skills is dope too. Cute that she’s jealous over Himari being alone with another girl, but she really needs to work on her self confidence if she’s gonna be a good gf at some point.

Wiiild ending. Aki went straight for the kill and didn’t beat around the bush. Respect for her not dragging things out and telling Himari how she feels about Yori. Yori isn’t exactly Himari’s to “give” though. I’m excited for some drama in this one though, things felt too easy with both girls falling in love off rip

Watayuri reference was dope!
@Marinate1016 Momoka was the one Himari was with in the cooking club, Shiho was the girl who came in towards the end with the black/Purple hair
Phantom_373May 4, 1:59 PM
May 4, 1:49 PM

Feb 2019
Phantom_373 said:
@Marinate1016 Momoka was the one Himari was with in the cooking club, Shiho was the girl who came in towards the end with the black/Purple hair (aka the girl everyone will probably come to hate)

Thanks for the clarification, edited
May 4, 2:27 PM
Jan 2016
good but the end....
May 4, 2:46 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Yori has officially joined the band now, you might say she’s “Playing in the Band”, but as much as I’d love a cover of that song I don’t think it would sound right from a band like this lol. And I’m ngl I wasn’t the biggest fan of the way they did the practice scenes, I don’t mind a slide show but restarting the OP twice just made it feel odd to me, but that’s not the main point of the show so it’s not a big deal. But with Yori being busy during certain days to practice, this made Kino want to find something to do herself when she can’t be with Yori, so club hunting she goes, I liked the little “Yuri is my Job” reference there too, hard to believe it’s already been a year, that was a fun show.

And the club Kino decided on was a cooking club with just one person it, being Momoka, and she really seems to get along with Kino already, to the point that it made Yori upset lol, I do get why she would feel that way tho. And since Yori is like an open book when she’s feeling down, Aki of course took notice, and I’m guessing this is what lead to her attacking Kino directly there at the end, wasn’t expecting her to go that hard lol, things just got a bit spicy. And lastly it looks like Momoka has her own thing going on with a guitar playing babe kinda like Kino, I’m interested in seeing more of those two as well.
TheColonel76May 4, 2:50 PM
May 4, 3:08 PM

Jun 2023
Yeouch, that was to be expected
May 4, 4:02 PM
Jan 2024
And begins...
THE LOVE TRIANGLE
who will end up with whom, find out next week!! (unless youre a manga reader then shhh)
May 4, 4:14 PM
Dec 2022
The animation improved after last week's episode, thank you. Other than that, nice episode I dare say. So Shiho has been introduced already. Heh. I'm looking forward to seeing IT happen (ofc I'm a manga reader).
May 4, 5:22 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Shiho! Been super excited for her to enter the fold. Also, drama picking up at the end there. :)
It is getting easier to ignore the large amount of stills as the story progresses. I will just pretend the band practice scene didn't happen. The rest was very enjoyable.
May 4, 5:50 PM

Sep 2018
God, this shit just keeps on getting worse and worse every damn episode, it's quite amazing. It's like the author has a raffle box full of lame cheap tropes and is randomly picking one out every now and then, to add to their bland uninspired "romance". Whatever works, I suppose.
May 4, 5:55 PM

Jul 2022
Things are starting to get more interesting. It's a shame that Yori is so immersed in her insecurity that she didn't hear that Kino joined the cooking club to make sweets for her.

I liked Satomiya, and it seems like she can help Kino fall in love with Yori. But the one who will give the real push is Aki, confessing to Kino that she's in love with Yori. Long live Yuri!
May 4, 5:56 PM
Mar 2023
For me, this episode is much worse compare to the previous episodes. The arts, animations are just inconsistent, content is garbled a little bit. Overall, i dont expect much from the studio, just hope the manga will get more attention because its one of the best yuri manga ive ever read.
May 4, 6:50 PM

Dec 2015
Glad that Yori figured out her feelings before it became a typical drama point. Kinda funny she's telling Aki this when she's in the same boat.

And that ending. How the plot thickens indeed. So straightforward... too bad its not the right person to tell this to. I wonder when she fell for Yori though and why hasn't she gone after her until now.

Surprised that this new senpai is in a band though so this might get even more interesting.

On another note, kudos to the anime club having that poster. Hopefully we get some more 'Comic Yuri Hime-verse' kind of stuff here and there.
hai_X_isMay 4, 6:54 PM
May 4, 7:56 PM

Jun 2019
We got some spicy stuff going on. Finally a love rivalry where they go and say it.
May 4, 8:41 PM
Aug 2021
ayy hol up this finna be spicy
May 4, 9:06 PM
May 2023
things get spicy in this episode, it's just that the animation and art are still inconsistent, but fortunately there aren't too many ridiculous transitions like in eps 3.

imagine what will happen in the next eps humu..
May 4, 9:52 PM

Aug 2022
Aki is worried about Yori who seems to be hanging by Himari.

On the other hand, Himari joins the cooking club so she can make something for Yori.

Also Aki openly said she liked Yori directly in front of Himari, so what was Himari's answer next?

May 4, 10:02 PM
Sep 2020
Episode was overall great, but the band scene animations (and some other moments) were soooooo aggravating. I was expecting it, but still :'(

Also was disappointed that they cut Yori's line about the studio being small/cramped, and her confused puppy reaction to when Shiho calls out はい ストップ... It's not a huge deal, but like it adds some more flavor to her character. edit: they left out the person working the studio desk too :/

Also Yori and Shiho weren't supposed to be wearing their school uniforms in the cafe - they have way cuter outfits in the manga, especially Yori.

I'm finally getting used to Aki's voice, and they really nailed the scene between her & Hima at the end. Also loved the 素敵 instead of 好き moment on the rooftop, and thought they captured the scene with Yori being inadvertently jealous and missing Hima's thing about baking things for her pretty well

Was expecting Shiho to have a lower voice, but Nemoto Yuuna really nailed the delivery on her lines, so I'm sold. Momo was great too :)
akatsukinolunaMay 5, 2:58 AM
May 4, 10:26 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Lured with cookies xD.

The plot thickens with the new senpai from the cooking club and Aki telling Himari she likes Yori straight to the face.

Btw, that poster of Yuri is my Job... this anime is 1000 times better ^^.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
May 4, 11:51 PM
Mar 2021
*In Kana Hanezawa voice*

Se...NO!!!!!!
Don't get in the way. Let things brew
May 5, 12:19 AM

Jul 2017
Yori is back rejoining her SSGIRLS band, which excites Himari all the more...but that puts their time together back, even more so that Yori IS serious about herself falling in love with Himari, likewise with the latter. And getting back to the groove just requires a refresher, much for Yori, who hated the idea of playing in a band, which her thoughts subsequently changed thereafter. And with the upcoming concert, it's just as important, but leaving Himari alone without anything to do is just a drag. Himari going around with seeing the various cultural clubs (esp the anime club with the Yuri is My Job! poster, that's a nice reference), she soon finds the Home Ec club, which is spearheaded by Momoka Satomiya, who made some cookies on the side, and Himari being drawn by the aroma flavours.

Yori's almost sudden confession, only to be met by Himari joining the Home Ec club, and the realization of the club having only her and Momoka, it gravely hurts her heart being away from Himari. And Mizuguchi picking up on Yori's cues about her worry with Himari joining a new club and being jealous about Momoka, there's nothing to worry about, honestly. Just two girls genuinely loving to create food, and as much as Momoka is egging Himari onto her crush, things are the same with Momoka and another friend of hers.

But Mizuguchi declaring war on Himari, the worst has come.
May 5, 2:21 AM

Jan 2023
Gosh, I love how gorgeous and detailed the animation is in this show.
Among other things, it does such a great job in conveying the characters emotions and moods.
In this episode in particular I really loved how they subtly show us Aki thoughts with some clever direction/animation moments, leading up to the cliffhanger at the end.

Yori insecurities and feeling of powerlessness after Himari joins the cooking club and finds a new senpai to 'admire' are very understandable and relatable.
Although it seems that senpai might already have a love interest (or is she just a friend?), we'll see.
In any case, they both seem related to music, I guess we'll see them again.

Probably my favorite episode so far, I can't wait for next week :)

Oh, and almost forgot, I liked that random 'Yuri is my Job' poster haha!

MeguSae38May 5, 2:30 AM
May 5, 2:28 AM

Jul 2017
The more episodes that this seems to air, the more disappointing and bland this yuri anime is turning out to be. Characters already feel very hollow, boring and now to 'spice it up', got some more cliche tropes with the role of Mizuguchi here, although this was established and teased in earlier episodes. Visually, again poor with weak transitions (especially in that band performance rehearsal).
May 5, 2:35 AM
Mar 2019
kawaiisouuuuu <3
May 5, 2:51 AM
Sep 2016
This show is cheap... like real cheap... Goddammit, that studio practice scene is so embarasing animation-wise I wouldn't blame you to think it came from 2009 (or even earlier).

I mean, this is supposed to be a yuri-musical title. I have no complains on the Yuri part, but the musical part? Oof.... Come on, it's already 2024. I know how ppl hates CGIs, but at this point I'd rather watch a CGI idol show than Sasakoi's horrible musical performances. Please just use CGI. It's still so much better than what this title currenlt have.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
May 5, 3:09 AM
Mar 2018
Damn it, They just had to thrown in a rival conflict didn't they?
May 5, 4:38 AM
Apr 2020
Things are getting more heated and interesting
May 5, 5:03 AM
Sep 2021
Kino has a rival, Aki, so interested to find out what will kino do next.
May 5, 6:26 AM
Mar 2018
I was not expecting Aki to state her love for Yori so loud and clear! Good for her.

Also, I like the baker girl, she's cute!
May 5, 6:47 AM
Jul 2020
amurenla con las transiciones y las diapositivas de powerpoint malnacidos
May 5, 6:52 AM

May 2015
This is getting rather boring, for the romance part nothing stands out other than it being yuri. I don't even see why are we supposed to root for these two particular girls. Their dynamic isn't anything special and seems more random than anything else. It would be more interesting if they flipped the plot and actually let the best friend to have Yori, but things like this never happen in these types of stories. While being a cookie-cutter predictable high-school romance isn't necessarily a bad thing, yuri genre could use some of those too, but I wish it didn't at least look so bland.
May 5, 7:36 AM

Mar 2024
The plot begins to twist.

I like Momoka-chan. She have an interesting friendship with Himari and i wonder where this will lead them in the future.

It was interesting to see Yori jealousy and how her friend Aki understand her feelings.
Btw, Himari's new friend is lucky for Aki, as this gives her a chance to start a relationship with Yori.
I really liked Aki as a character, so i support her, but i also like Himari.

May 5, 10:59 AM

Jan 2022
Why do people always complain about the changes in animation with literally every single anime that exists? What's the point in complaining about it? Just move on, its not that deep you're just making it unenjoyable for yourself.

Anyways, Aki definitely likes Yori. Not sure how Himari says she's not in love with Yori in a romantic way when she gets so down when she doesn't see her.

Yori is too busy getting jealous that she misses Himari joined the club to make food for her lmaoooo

Well Aki just told Himari that she likes Yori and if she doesn't pick up her game, Aki is going to win Yori over. gg

This never updates so that's cool
May 5, 11:07 AM
Aug 2022
cooldogmom said:
Why do people always complain about the changes in animation with literally every single anime that exists? What's the point in complaining about it? Just move on, its not that deep you're just making it unenjoyable for yourself.

Anyways, Aki definitely likes Yori. Not sure how Himari says she's not in love with Yori in a romantic way when she gets so down when she doesn't see her.

Yori is too busy getting jealous that she misses Himari joined the club to make food for her lmaoooo

Well Aki just told Himari that she likes Yori and if she doesn't pick up her game, Aki is going to win Yori over. gg

Idk I feel like with recent times getting shows with phenomenal animation like oshi no ko or dangers in my heart everyone expects shows to have this level of animation nowadays.

When in reality whisper’s animation is fine. It’s got occasional rough moments but that really shouldn’t take away from if you like the show or not
May 5, 11:10 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to Phantom_373
cooldogmom said:

Idk I feel like with recent times getting shows with phenomenal animation like oshi no ko or dangers in my heart everyone expects shows to have this level of animation nowadays.

When in reality whisper’s animation is fine. It’s got occasional rough moments but that really shouldn’t take away from if you like the show or not
@Phantom_373 I totally agree, its just frustrating because I've noticed an increase in people complaining about animation within this past year. Not every anime has an insane budget like oshi or other popular anime. People need to lower their expectations a bit lol
This never updates so that's cool
May 5, 12:01 PM

Dec 2013
My poor Akki is suffering so much : ( and as expected it is time for the drama to start, at the very least I appreciate she was straightforward and honest about it instead of plotting from the shadows.
May 5, 12:07 PM
Jul 2021
Yori decides to join the band for the long-term, but only in hopes of being able to charm Himari by repeating the effect she had from the first performance. At first I found the shallow reason is a little disappointing, but then I realized I would’ve tried the same stunt when I was in school and figure this is a realistic attempt.

Himari doesn’t know what to do with herself when she can’t hang with Yori. I guess she has literally nothing else going on lol. Rather than silk, she starts checking out clubs and finds herself at the cooking club. Also, a nice shoutout to Yuri is My Job during this scene.

It’s cool to see Himari try out a hobby totally unrelated to what we’ve seen so far. She’s very much in need of more character development. At first, when we meet Satomiya Momoka, I thought we might have a rival love interest pining after Himari. Instead, we find out Yori is jealous of Himari spending time alone with Momoka.

I laughed when she described the issue to Aki as, “Himari is spending time with another senpai.”

Aki drops as many flirty hints to Yori to cheer her up without outright confessing anything. On top of that, Aki confronts Himari when she finds her in her house later that day.

Aki coming out and attacking Himari directly is not the direction I expected but I like it. Four episodes in and I’m not very sold on Yori x Himari. I like Aki more than Himari so far, honestly. I know this can only end one way though, so I just hope this development leads to things that makes me more invested in the main two as a couple.
May 5, 3:16 PM
Jan 2017
As i thought Aki is actually in love with Yori,tbh i ship them cuz they're in same age and they really suit each other, excited for next episode it has to be a push for Himari
May 6, 1:48 AM
Aug 2013
Does this show have a low budget or something? The animation shortcuts and occasional art mistakes (Weird proportions/perspectives etc) haven't bothered me that much. But it's a shame they didn't put more effort into the band practice scenes for example. Would've been more emotional if we got to see/hear something that actually seemed like live practice. And actual animation of their non-verbal interaction during practice, not just stills with a flawless music track playing in the background...

Anyway, the anime is really sweet. And I think the character interactions and generally cute style makes up for most of the issues. It's just a bit irritating to see the points where it had more potential and didn't live up to it.
May 6, 2:42 AM

Aug 2019
i already did not like aki and now she is getting all aggressive with himari. i really cant help but feel that the show will go as aki confesses to yori or something and himari ends up getting jealous and realizes she does actually love yori. i dont actually remember how it went in the anime but reminds me of bloom into you which anime adaptation i did not ever really like other than the fact that it was yuri (the manga was very good though).

yori trying to guess what club himari is in by how she would look in its "costume" :D

also every character in the show is a lesbian :DD

people still saying that the show doesnt look good and i dont understand that. it looks fine to me, ive seen many shows that look way worse.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2:45 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Phantom_373
episode 4 of whisper covered the last of volume 2 meaning were moving on to volume 3 with the next 2 episodes. So it's basically official that they are adapting 2 episodes per volume.

I gotta say with Aki and Kaori particularly they absolutely nailed the hell out of they're voice actors and personalities, Especially Kaori, She's exactly how I imagined she would be.

I had heard people complaining about the quality and this episode I thought was fine, In fact I thought the animation was really good. We got Introduced to Momoka and the best written character in the show Shiho (aka the girl everyone is gonna come to hate) and my favourite

Ngl I was expecting Shiho to have a deeper voice, But I'm already getting used to her voice. They absolutely nailed it with Shiho's design she looks perfect.

The way the handled it really made the first 3 episodes feel like the setup for whisper.

Takeshima's art is honestly amazing and the anime could never capture it perfectly but the anime's style has its own charm.

and for anyone wondering the love triangle is really not that big of a deal, It honestly doesn't affect the story at all and is just a push for Hima more or less.

Forgot to mention this but the Yuri is my job reference was cool
Phantom_373 said:

without spoilers i hope thats true and doesnt go as i fear it does. im desperate for yuri so i cant really be picky on how it goes but id like just a sweet diabetes yuri show.

actually how i wish this show would go from now is that in the next 2 eps max himari would actually end up dating yori and the rest of the show is them dating and himari realizing her love more and more with no drama
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 7:57 AM
Feb 2023
I dont care about yuri topic

For musical progress, Sasakoi too slow

Meanwhile Girlband cry and Jellyfish cant swim at night, they already release their insert song

Girband cry : songs from DiaDust and TogeToge
Jellyfish cant awim at night : songs from Jelee and Sunflower Dolls
May 6, 11:07 AM
Sep 2020
re: animation standards, for me it's two things:

1. the artwork in the manga is really, really excellent, and various details that add flavor get dropped
2. when things are rough they're **really** rough, to the point where it feels like the studio didn't even care/try

Personally I'm rarely bothered by this sort of thing (if I even notice it). Like the only other show I can think of where animation quality really bothered me was Evangelion... but even there it (arguably) adds something.

I wasn't expecting Bocchi the Rock (which pulled off rehearsal & performance scenes incredibly well) quality. But I wasn't expecting low boring, static slideshow either. Also as others have said, the PowerPoint-esque transitions can feel pretty immersion breaking (tho I like them sometimes).

it's not making me hate the show or anything. I'm always anxious for the next ep. But it's disappointing to see something you love be treated so carelessly in some places.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Delayed Episodes

AkeZZZ - Jun 1

21 by Pasukori_yochien »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

44 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 25

60 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

70 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 12:06 PM

» Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau ties Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! as highest rated GL anime.

Jcmixer27 - Apr 14

21 by Jcmixer27 »»
Jun 7, 12:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.