Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 9:58 AM

Dec 2021
What will be Himari's answer?

Even though Himari's "love" remained the same, at some point, everyone else finds a different kind of "love". The "love" directed towards her had suddenly appeared before her eyes, leaving her bewildered in that moment. While she did have feelings for Yori, she was troubled by being presented with a different kind of "like" than her own. Seeking advice from Miki Mizuguchi, who told her that there's no need to force herself to think about whether or not she "loves" her, Himari found the encouragement she needed to face Yori once again. Himari explained to Yori that she needs a little more time, seeing as this kind of stuff is new to her, and that she'll give it some time and head straight to the rooftop once she has her answer.

Miki's perspective on not being confined by the idea of dating or not dating was incredibly refreshing for me. Likewise, Himari's openness with Yori about her feelings and the need for time was a breath of fresh air. I was worried they might stop interacting or communicating due to the awkwardness, so seeing them address it head-on was heartening. The rooftop scene was simply wonderful, with them sitting down and discussing their feelings and fears of potentially hurting each other or jeopardizing their existing relationship. Himari's response and Yori's excited reaction, followed by a series of adorable interactions, all led to Yori reaffirming her determination to make Himari fall for her.

Now with Himari's answer, Yori is taking a significant step by officially joining the band.

Apr 27, 10:01 AM

Feb 2020
What is love?

Pretty cute episode again. I really liked the interactions between Yori and Himari. That rooftop scene was sweet. :3

It's good that they didn't decide to start dating immediately. Himari needs some times so she can be sure about her feelings.

SerafosApr 27, 11:32 AM
Apr 27, 11:18 AM

Mar 2021
This show is just so cute and amazing so far Yori and Himari are so great together they are always so considerate of each others feelings.
Apr 27, 11:22 AM
Apr 2023
I’m glad they didn’t go the route of having Himari just decide to go out with Yori but instead having it be that she wants to spend more time with Yori without them officially dating so she can figure out her feelings. I think if Himari had just said that she would agree to date Yori it wouldn’t have gone over well because Yori would’ve thought of them as together while Himari wouldn’t have the same feelings which would cause a lot of misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Overall a great episode!
Apr 27, 11:55 AM
Aug 2022
The opening song “follow your arrows” is really starting to grow on me I’m liking it a lot.

So far the adaptation is really good, it seems to be more or less following the manga fine. It cuts out small bits here and there but nothing major.

I’m still hoping they don’t cut the part out we’re Yori’s father shows up, it’s a small moment and tbh it might already of been cut out. I know it happens in an early volume, probably 2 or 3, I can’t remember which one cause it’s been a while since I read the early volumes

Again it seems to have adapted around half a volume. If they keep it up then episode 6 should be one to look forward too.

The Shiho mention at the end definitely got me hyped to see her. Can’t wait to see how quickly the anime onlys come to hate her.
Apr 27, 12:11 PM
Sep 2020
Goddamn it, this anime is really competing for worst 2D animation of the season, isn't it?
Apr 27, 2:10 PM

Jul 2022
It's good that everything was cleared up, even though Hinari didn't accept Yori's confession, she gave him a chance until he really fell in love with her. I have no doubt that they will end up together in the end.

Something I couldn't help but notice and laugh about is that this episode was full of PowerPoint-style transitions. I imagine that the former vocalist of Aki's band will be the purple-haired girl in the OP.
Apr 27, 2:53 PM

Jun 2023
Did they use Powerpoint for the transitions? lol
Apr 27, 3:19 PM
Mar 2014
While I like the content and story so far, the animation in this episode definitely feels worse than before with the powerpoint-style transitions. Another thing I noticed was how the expressions were generally not very expressive. In particular I'm thinking of the last scene where Himari starts crying where she goes from blank faced straight to a still with tears streaming down her face.
Apr 27, 3:29 PM
Mar 2024
weird transitions
Apr 27, 3:59 PM
Jan 2022
a second show this season where the MC doesn't understand what liking someone is. kinda off to have 2 shows with that premise at the same time.

well I'll still be here hoping she figures that out for herself.
Apr 27, 4:04 PM
Sep 2020
Average Yuri endy but I'm down for it.
Apr 27, 5:03 PM
Apr 2024
It's going just like the Manga, I like that
Apr 27, 5:12 PM

Feb 2019
What does it mean to love someone romantically? A simple, yet profound question we see Himari grapple with over the course of this episode. Having been confessed to by Yori, someone she idolised, she’s naturally taken aback and has to evaluate how she really feels.

I’m both glad that they didn’t drag things out too long and by the end of the episode the girls are ready to move forward with getting to know another, AND they don’t get in a relationship off rip. That would’ve felt forced because Himari doesn’t even know how she feels yet or what love truly she is. She just knows she wants to spend time with Yori and she values their friendship a lot. No rush anyway, they have plenty of time to feel each other out(pun intended).

Speaking of Himari’s mom, wow she looks amazing no wonder Himari’s dad was crashing out over her lmao. She might be even cuter than Himari. Gave some amazing advice and really helped Himari get going.

Yori is joining the band! This is gonna be fun especially since it seems like blonde girl has a thing for Yori.. do I smell some drama brewing?

Story-wise episode was good, but production wise it left a lot to be desired. Some of the transitions looked like they were made on windows movie maker or something lol.
Marinate1016Apr 27, 5:55 PM
Apr 27, 5:25 PM

Jun 2019
Did they use Windows movie maker for this? lol.

I love Hina's mom, reminds me of Yuigamama.
Apr 27, 6:01 PM

Sep 2018
For the romance only genre, I truly need something a bit more than just fluff and full of the usual tropes. It might be enough for the average person, but this is the equivalent of a popcorn show to me, nothing more, nothing less. It's not as bad as the bottom of the barrel shoujo romance we are getting, still watchable I suppose.
Apr 27, 7:42 PM
Sep 2020
I seem to be the only person who enjoyed the transitions lol (I do feel the animation quality is otherwise a bit variable)

Enjoyed the episode, but it still feels slower than the manga to me (even though it's a straight adaptation). Not bad, just different, and still a solid 4/5 for me.

I hope ppl who feel like it's a knock off of Bloom Into You hang on for another episode or two, cuz the stories really have nothing in common, despite the initial (superficial) similarity. They both have different strengths and weaknesses.

Bloom Into You is largely a story of codependent, very unhealthy relationships, involving people who think they're broken/are grappling with inner demons. Sasakoi is largely the opposite (though there is a character later who does have some of those traits, and adds a lot to the story).
Apr 27, 8:03 PM

Dec 2015
Took some time but I'm glad they got that first hurdle out of the way. Good on Himari's mum giving her advice over some hot cocoa though.

Looking forward to finding out why this Izumi girl quit the band. Curious if we'll get a battle of the bands episode here and there.
Apr 27, 8:35 PM
Oct 2015
does anybody know why there's a sudden drop in animation quality
that's fucked up man
Apr 27, 10:14 PM

Nov 2021
What's up with all the anime episodes today feeling like they are 5 min long??
Apr 27, 10:56 PM

Aug 2022
Himari finally confesses her true feelings to Yori that she loves her. And from now on they will be even closer than before.

Now what is Yori trying to do to make Himari love her more? Can't wait.

RafaBryanApr 28, 12:31 AM
Apr 27, 11:04 PM
Jul 2014
I'm glad this episode teaches viewers of all ages that relationships shouldn't be started on a whim or fleeting emotions, that it's a heavy decision for all those who value compassion, intimacy, and commitment in relationships
Apr 28, 1:43 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
When Himari's mom was telling her story about how she married Himari's father I thought: "stop, please carry on with the shoujo romance" xDDD. Miki is super cute, maybe the plot can thicken if she also feels something about Himari.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 28, 1:46 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
The animation is fine when it is actually animated. Problem is there were far too many stills this episode. Luckily, it is staying faithful to the source and the source is great. I still really enjoyed it, but I am obviously biased here, haha. Fingers crossed that they are strategically using their budget and this isn't going to be the norm for every episode going forward.
Apr 28, 2:10 AM
Sep 2016
The EP is.... kinda cheap.... production-wise. Or, that the studio is sadly not very good. It's a real shame tho, since the manga is stellar.

- Class scene, teacher is on her lecture with sound of chalk writing on the board... The teacher is not even facing the board. Is this supposed to be Hogwarts?
- I know what they're trying to do with the manga frame, especially the use of frames for the transition. It works on many other romance anime, so it should work here to, right? Let's overuse them until they lost their effectiveness.
- Too many stills, or at least minimal animations
- The only saving grace for this EP is Hina's dog transformation sequence, and Tachibana's expression near the end of the EP (yes, Tachibana is my best girl #2 after Aki. I'm biased for Tachibana, shut up!!!!).

For those who praise how cute this anime is, they're bc the character chemistries are good and the story is great, all are credits to the source manga not the anime. The anime itself is actually kinda meh.... Read the manga, how great it was, and you'll know why this EP adaptation pisses me off....
uncleqrowApr 28, 2:17 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 28, 3:06 AM

Aug 2008
Animation quality is poor, that's disappointing. This show is reminding me of Bloom Into You as well and though I understand the story will go quite differently later I can't help but compare them and I liked Bloom alot. Himari is not growing on me like Yuu did.
Apr 28, 3:33 AM

Jan 2020
I love how Yori & Himari are honest about their feelings when they talk to each other in the rooftop scene, their relationship is so sweet.

Also, Himari's mom (Yuigamama) made her debut as well. Awesometacular!

Apr 28, 4:43 AM
Feb 2021
goldmari said:
Goddamn it, this anime is really competing for worst 2D animation of the season, isn't it?

It's sad to see, since I love the OG manga so much. A particular example was the sequence around the 5-7 minute mark where Hima-chan was discussing what love is with her bestie: their (arm) movements are stiff, faces a bit uncanny, body proportions out of whack, but that's just the most egregious sequence. Stiffness and off (eye, arm) proportions are sprinkled throughout the whole episode.

The first two episodes weren't... uhh, their flaws weren't as glaring. I lack the discerning eyes of a true critique, so for me to notice means the regression is obvious to laymen eyes. Himedanshis and himejoshis, we either get tragic yuris or tragic adaptations 😔😭
Apr 28, 5:07 AM
Mar 2018
Poor Yori and Himari! One is tormented by the fear of rejection, and the other by her inability to differentiate between all the various kinds of love out there. The conclusion of the episode is pretty sweet, but I do worry that the story is headed toward one of those homophobic, "I was just confused" narratives. Hopefully not.
Apr 28, 6:30 AM
Aug 2022
Vaya bajada de calidad en la animación de este capítulo
Apr 28, 6:34 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Looks like I’m not the only one who noticed a drop in quality this episode, it still looked fine overall but hopefully this isn’t a sign of production issues to come. Besides that, very nice episode, the situation with Kino not understanding love and giving Yori a chance is reminding me quite a bit of another show this season called “A Condition Called Love” but it’s yuri instead lol, not a bad thing tho as I’m really enjoying that show as well as this one. I liked that Kino got advice from her mom too, her love for her husband was sweet and I liked the story of them getting together, it was definitely a big help in Kino figuring out the best plan of action. Also her mom is looking pretty hot lol, no wonder Kino is so cute herself.

And on Yori’s side of things, she was worried that her confession was the end of the relationship and that she’d never hear back from Kino, thankfully that didn’t happen and the moment where they finally got to see each other again was really nice. And not only that, Yori also ended up joining Aki’s band after all, not really surprised about that but I look forward to the hot jams they cook up, although they absolutely could have been a three-piece band like Motörhead, or even traded vocals around, who needs just one vocalist anyway lol.
Apr 28, 6:44 AM

Aug 2019
im so afraid of that potential love triangle. why cant we just have a super diabetes inducing show without huge drama ;(

i hope theyll be going on many dates now so that himari will fall in true love
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 7:20 AM

Feb 2023
This episode almost lost me. I was getting increasingly upset with the whole "I love you, but I don't love you" shtick. Although, the end of the episode brought me back in. I realized that it is just a clever plot device to get Yori to sing again. Still impressed with the pacing of the show.
Apr 28, 7:57 AM

Jul 2017
Himari's conception of love has always been the abnormal generalist kind, so much so that as much as Yori puts her on airs, she definitely feels awkward to respond to romantic love for the first time.

Word of this is brought to Miki, which she barrages Himari of what actually went down with the date. Like Hananoi, dating to try if one likes the other is a trial, and Himari is literally in the same position as Hotaru trying to figure out what romantic love is. It's the same with Yori who's deen daydreaming all day, and Himari's reply by stalling her and giving space to think about it, it's good that they still have mutual contact to tell each other that they're still into each other, but more consideration is needed on Himari's space.

Yori breaking the news to Mizuguchi, and it's a relief on the latter's side. Even Himari asking her own parents about romantic love, and her mother was practically in the same position as her. That gives Himari some idea, and decides to see Yori to make her feelings known, and actually give her a chance to date her, even if she knows that she'll hurt her feelings. With that thought in mind, Yori rejoins the Light Music Club...to the surprise of her band friends.

One significant step to romantie love.
Apr 28, 8:22 AM
Sep 2021
Yori is going to give her all to make Himari fall in love with her for real.
Apr 28, 9:43 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to BlueBullet178
This episode almost lost me. I was getting increasingly upset with the whole "I love you, but I don't love you" shtick. Although, the end of the episode brought me back in. I realized that it is just a clever plot device to get Yori to sing again. Still impressed with the pacing of the show.
@BlueBullet178 Whisper's anime is somewhat slow, (but I think that's just the curse of having to wait weekly for it to air) but the story gets really good around volume 3 (which would probably be episode 5 and 6)

especially when the overarching plot gets brought in which isn't directly focused on Hima or Yori but still involves them. They do a very good job in the manga of balancing Hima and Yori's relationship with the other plot in the story. I hope the anime can portray that well. Especially when a certain someone gets introduced
Apr 28, 10:58 AM

Dec 2023
Good, not withount problems, but good :3
Apr 28, 11:16 AM
Jul 2020
LAS TRANSICIONES DE POWERPOINT PERO EL CAPITULO GOD
Apr 28, 1:18 PM
May 2022
bassyey said:
Did they use Windows movie maker for this? lol.

I love Hina's mom, reminds me of Yuigamama.

You mean from Yuigahara Yui? The only right choice? :O
Apr 28, 1:22 PM
May 2022
And omg what was the animation in this episode? It wasn't even just the bad transitions but the animation in itself felt HORRIBLE. I was really irritated while watching, my immersion was completely broken multiple times. The first two episodes, while nothing to write home about animation wise, were definitely way better and well enough made to let me fall in love with this anime instantly. But tbh had I started with this episode I would've never touched the anime again x.x
Apr 28, 4:02 PM

Sep 2018
I usually don't care about animation quality that much, but those powerpoint transitions between scenes are genuinely hindering with my ability to get immersed in the story with their tackiness. Even just an abrupt cut would be a better way to move along and probably save some money too while we're at it!!

I also feel like the "innocent, earnest girl who has never personally experienced romantic love X girl who is down bad for her" is such an overdone relationship dynamic in yuri anime. It's not necessarily a bad one – I actually like the friends to lovers trope when it's written well – but even great things are inevitably going to get stale after seeing the exact same story progression play out in like 5 adaptations...
Apr 28, 5:52 PM
Jun 2020
This episode took a terrifying dip in overall quality.

The pacing is too slow, the animation is barely moving, the art quality is significantly reduced, the transitions are slow and bad, the sound design feels cheap and cliche, the characters' expressions are soulless. It felt like I was waiting for the suffering to end for far longer than 23 minutes. The direction also felt off, the characters' emotions didn't feel properly represented.

I don't know what brought this about, but I'm not going to be able to continue this show if the quality doesn't return to that of the first two episodes. This episode's quality is incredibly jarring by comparison, and I'm incredibly disappointed, as it's one of only a small handful of yuri shows this season.
Apr 29, 2:04 AM

Mar 2008
It's sweet how Himari took her time to consider things. I think how she started tearing up talking to Yori I might have done same in her position trying to say that.
Apr 29, 8:13 AM

May 2015
Boring episode, just thoughts going on and on, but at least there was some decision. Can't say I even like the main couple, the whole romance part is quite generic. The animation was awful this episode, what's even the point of those rectangular transitions?
Apr 29, 12:28 PM
Feb 2020
the animations and osts were not great compared to the 1st and 2nd episode, are they saving budget at this point, at some point I thought it was power prensentation bcs of all those shitty transitions.
Apr 29, 11:45 PM
Mar 2021
Perfect! Hima is so cute! I already read the manga, but Yori and Hima is so lovely, i have to see again! (i'am brasilian, so sorry for the error)
Apr 30, 11:39 AM
Feb 2021
Pacing is really horrible, overall cute but weird idk.
Also what in the powerpoint transitions are those??!?!
Apr 30, 8:51 PM
Jul 2019
those transitions man....
May 1, 5:16 AM
Feb 2023
Power point animation

Combo copy paste
Oregairu without Hachiman x Given
May 1, 9:47 AM
Nov 2022
I liked it, a lot of emotions in a single episode, very wholesome, I think it's going to give me diabetes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Delayed Episodes

AkeZZZ - Jun 1

21 by Pasukori_yochien »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

44 by KANLen09 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 25

60 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

70 by KANLen09 »»
Yesterday, 12:06 PM

» Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau ties Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! as highest rated GL anime.

Jcmixer27 - Apr 14

21 by Jcmixer27 »»
Jun 7, 12:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.