Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Jin-Woo ran into a serious challenge as he advanced into that dungeon. Might be his toughest battle yet as he faced off against Blood-Red Commander Igris.

Hell of a fight he put on and that knight really pushed him like never before. That comeback though. He managed to defeat the commander through sheer will power and going beyond his limits. One of my favorite fights in this anime so far!
Mar 23, 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
The Knight Who Defends an Empty Throne... Igris... every bit as intimidating as I expected

Jinwoo receives a quest notification from the System, indicating a job change quest. Feeling a premonition that he could become stronger, Jinwoo steps into the gate. Continuously assaulted by monsters without a moment's rest, Jinwoo fights back tirelessly against mobs of soldiers. Waiting for him at the deepest part is a knight named Igris, possessing extraordinary power, reminiscent of the Double Dungeon from before. Jinwoo quickly reminds himself that he isn't as weak as he once was, thanks to his leveling. And thus begins the fight between Jinwoo and Igris.

While it's nice to see Jinho's family, something that's been lacking in the manhwa, I would've preferred if it happened in a less important episode. Going from that to Jinwoo's intense battle breaks the flow. The animation is back to being crisp, and this episode was a feast for the eye. And then there's Igris, who sees Jinwoo fighting bare-handed and decides to do the same... lol. I'd forgotten how much I love Igris. But he's a serious threat, and the anime really brings that out, especially with the stellar animation. I think I even spotted some cuts by Takayuki Kikuchi, a true master. And Jinwoo, with that Sawano track playing, you knew things were about to get serious. Easily the best fight of the series so far. But maybe defeating Igris was enough for Jinwoo today... or maybe not?

Losing the hearthstone, his only means of escape... now he's going to have to fight for his life to get out of this.

Mar 23, 8:29 AM

Jan 2021
Nah bro, the Igris fight is just next level, the animation and the music are on point. 8 minutes of pure peak!
Igris is goated! The ost makes him even more threatening.
They cooked so hard, It's like they poured their heart and soul into it.

And they're teasing us so early about the incoming Jeju island raid again, but it's gonna be in the next season/cour. Can't wait to see what's in store for us!
Let's wait, Let them cook.

The next episode tho, I can feel it in my bones, it's gonna be epic.
It's about time to...
YuyuichiMar 23, 8:49 AM
Mar 23, 9:00 AM
Aug 2022
Truly a Knight who defends an empty throne.
Mar 23, 9:43 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Yuyuichi
Nah bro, the Igris fight is just next level, the animation and the music are on point. 8 minutes of pure peak!

And they're teasing us so early about the incoming Jeju island raid again, but it's gonna be in the next season/cour. Can't wait to see what's in store for us!

It's about time to...
@Yuyu1ch1 I'm curious though how A-1 is going to adapt Jeju Island Arc without creating a major political controversy.
Mar 23, 9:53 AM

Feb 2021
These episodes all feel like they are 5 minutes long...
Mar 23, 9:56 AM
Jan 2021
Only 1 more episode to go. I hope they release the 2nd season soon.
Mar 23, 9:57 AM
May 2021
Fight was pure flames still, Igris just was that strong innittt
jas-samaaaMar 23, 10:01 AM
Mar 23, 9:58 AM
Oct 2016
A cool fight between Jinwoo and that red suit of armor. Which is the definition of this story since Jinwoo second awakening. Cool fights and insane visuals with the voice actor carrying like load. Its just all spectacle and no substance, its not building towards anything meaningful. Jinwoo isn't doing all this for some grand goal it's just the vague as hell nothing of getting stronger. For why tho, Jinwoo has been given no incentive to gain this strength. Hes just doing it to do it, no other reason. It's basic power fantasy and nothing more. I miss Jinwoo when he had to think his way out of situations instead of just over powering his opponent. It's lame as hell to see him just beat someone or something in a fight because he's the main character. When will Jinwoo lose and learn A lesson from it, when will someone have it help him so he doesn't devolve into a lone wolf even more, when will these fights mean something to the overall story.
Mar 23, 10:00 AM
Oct 2016
Reply to Yuyuichi

It's about time to...
@Yuyu1ch1 But what did this fight mean other than looking cool? Yep, nothing just like I thought. Heart and soul meaning nothing when there's no substance behind it
Mar 23, 10:01 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to Dukino
@Yuyu1ch1 But what did this fight mean other than looking cool? Yep, nothing just like I thought. Heart and soul meaning nothing when there's no substance behind it
@Dukino isnt he doing this, for his mom.
Mar 23, 10:01 AM
Oct 2016
Reply to Gilgamesh216
@Yuyu1ch1 I'm curious though how A-1 is going to adapt Jeju Island Arc without creating a major political controversy.
@Gilgamesh216 They keeo brining up this disastrous bug island mission like the audience is supposed to know what this means. What does it even mean?!?!!?! They've only shown glimpses of people dying why should we care?!?!?! They keep piece mealing what happened and it sucks!!
Mar 23, 10:02 AM
Oct 2016
Reply to Ken_shiv_10
@Dukino isnt he doing this, for his mom.
@Ken_shiv_10 What does his mom have to do with finding a random suit of armor?

Jan 2009
nice a full sakuga episode again

igris is awesome

next week episode title is arise its time
May 2021
Reply to Dukino
A cool fight between Jinwoo and that red suit of armor. Which is the definition of this story since Jinwoo second awakening. Cool fights and insane visuals with the voice actor carrying like load. Its just all spectacle and no substance, its not building towards anything meaningful. Jinwoo isn't doing all this for some grand goal it's just the vague as hell nothing of getting stronger. For why tho, Jinwoo has been given no incentive to gain this strength. Hes just doing it to do it, no other reason. It's basic power fantasy and nothing more. I miss Jinwoo when he had to think his way out of situations instead of just over powering his opponent. It's lame as hell to see him just beat someone or something in a fight because he's the main character. When will Jinwoo lose and learn A lesson from it, when will someone have it help him so he doesn't devolve into a lone wolf even more, when will these fights mean something to the overall story.
@Dukino u literally don’t understand the story of the manhwa as it seems. If you dont like the anime watch something else.
Mar 23, 10:03 AM

Feb 2021
All these scenes with the camera flying around are insaaaaane
18:11 This scene with rough lines oh my god
This episode was frickin beautiful wtf
Last one next. It's called "Arise", which is word I've heard a ton from manhwa readers, so looking forward to that, should be epic.
The end is near already, but it feels like we just started.
Mar 23, 10:04 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to Dukino
@Ken_shiv_10 What does his mom have to do with finding a random suit of armor?
@Dukino bro he want to cure his mom so he has to level up as much as he can thats basic of it i think you havent watched previous episodes
Mar 23, 10:07 AM
Apr 2023
this had one of the best fight scene id ever seen
Mar 23, 10:09 AM
Mar 2019
Good episodie! The fight with red knight is very good
Mar 23, 10:11 AM

Dec 2022
well this is one of the best arcs but didnt hit me that hard he manga gave me chills when jin woo sat down on the throne

this probably has something to do with him not completing his daily quest
Mar 23, 10:12 AM

Feb 2019
Sawano and A-1 you’ve done wonders on me holy 😭 the knight commander fight was immaculate. I’m not anywhere near a meathead, but I was moved. The camera angles, the storyboarding and direction.. the OST.. perfection.

Love how they emphasised just how overpowered Ingris was as well. It was a combination of timing and luck that saw Jinwoo get out of there alive. Picking just the right time to stab Ingris in the eye. I’m noticing Jinwoo stabbing enemies in the eye as a recurring theme by the way lol.. pretty much all the enemies he’s faced that are stronger he’s gone for that. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

There’s still so many powerful enemies in this world that he’s behind in terms of strength. I can’t imagine what the S rank hunters and enemies are like.

Speaking of S Rank hunters, this Jeju island raid they’ve been teasing for a while looks like it’s gonna be crazy. Looks like a little conspiracy plot in the background as well..

Hype for the finale next week and hopefully a s2 announcement
Marinate1016Mar 23, 10:33 AM
Mar 23, 10:17 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Dukino
@Dukino If you watch Irregular Magic High its what SL is just without the romance or attention to female characters and more MC-focus development. Its badass MC, fighting solo, overpowered, cheat system and nationalistic political themes. Throwing in SAO dungeon game elements and HXH hunter system into the mix blend together and you have Solo Leveling
Mar 23, 10:24 AM
Sep 2015
Only one episode left, maybe there'll be a sequel but I can't be too sure... this could be just a trap to make more people read the novel.
Mar 23, 10:26 AM
May 2023
ayy yo what the f just happened in eps 11? i did look forward to the fight but still what the.. this fight is beyond my expectation. absolutely brutal. also shoutout to fight scene director from choso vs yuji from jjk! 10/10 eps. best so far!
Mar 23, 10:27 AM

Oct 2017
Igris vs Jinwo sakuga was real, damn that was a treat. The hype! Also we are this close to it. Arise. Jeju island raid is also begining.
MegamiRemMar 23, 10:55 AM
Mar 23, 10:29 AM

Jan 2011
This show may be on tack to getting 10 if the animation is this insane.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 23, 10:31 AM

Jan 2024
Well that was animated very well. And so fluently and fast. Cool episode :O
Mar 23, 10:32 AM
Nov 2016
They are keeping the tradition of cutting away from the main story and show random nonsense. I may skip the future season if the director and studio remains the same.
Mar 23, 10:36 AM

Jun 2014
Damn that fight against Igris was dope as hell. The hype, the music, and it goes without saying, the animation, were all on point. I have such an insane respect for animators, man, the work they put in for shitty pay and treatment is insane. What great work this week and I hope they'll deliver another banger in next week's finale.

Dukino said:
But what did this fight mean other than looking cool? Yep, nothing just like I thought. Heart and soul meaning nothing when there's no substance behind it

When the action anime with cool-looking hype fights has a hype fight that looks cool: 🤯🤯🤯🤯

It shouldn't matter if there's "substance" behind it, it's an action show whose main draw and selling point is the fights. They give the audience just that, exactly what they're looking for, then good, the show did its job. Someone with Demon Slayer in their favorites is the last person who I would expect to be complaining about this. And before any assumptions are made, I like Demon Slayer (solid 8/10 for me), I'm not trying to knock it, or knock you for liking it. I just figured, what's the difference between this episode's fight and the flashy fights with cool visuals that ufotable gives us with DS.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 23, 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to Dukino
@Dukino you'll know in the next episode. I don't know why y'all always expect to find out every single mystery the moment it appears lmao
Mar 23, 10:41 AM

Sep 2018
I don't know if I'm watching Solo Leveling or playing Elden Ring
I keep moving forward
Mar 23, 10:42 AM
Nov 2016
OMG, what's with those side characters interruptions every couple minutes in the middle of an epic fight ? Is A1 stupid or something ?
And MC's VA is bloody annoying. Does he wanna be next Kirito or what ?! Just stop. It's cringe as fuck.
Red Knight beat the shit outta MC btw. The fight was awesome. Had a lackluster end tho.
Mar 23, 10:43 AM

Jul 2009
Loved every second. Seeing Igris animated and going hard on Jinwoo made me love him even more than I already am. This fight truly did surpass the manhwa version.
Mar 23, 10:47 AM

Feb 2010
The guy draws strength from nothing. In animes like Bleach and Dragon Ball they don't know about their own hidden powers, but this one is based on skill, is it out of nowhere that the guy becomes strong without activating any skill?
Mar 23, 10:48 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, they went wild with the animation.

The system told him good luck lol.
Mar 23, 10:54 AM

Sep 2019
This was by far the most exciting one. Cant wait for him to say Arise
Mar 23, 11:00 AM
Apr 2022
amazing ep, nice transition, finally satisfying.
Mar 23, 11:00 AM

Nov 2013
damn that was a full action episode apart from a couple scenes, interesting

without healing and with barely any armor, the fact that he could take that many hits from a superior enemy, no comments lol

after beating the knight, a new quest started, to survive as long as possible (i wonder if that means he can die and respawn, or has to actually leave the dungeon alive (i mean, they gave him tha tstone after all)
and ofc, just like before, he had to lose his teleport stone... dude lol

1 episode left, probably another one with lots of action
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 23, 11:03 AM
Oct 2021
Maybe my favorite episode, in terms of animation, so far this season.
Mar 23, 11:04 AM

Jan 2018
If the recap episode didn't release, the last episode would've been released today. Oh well.

Wow. Jinwoo actually fought the red knight from the OP. I mean, it's obvious cause everything shown in the OP happened in the show. But I was wondering if the red knight was just for show or if he wouldn't fully appear in this season. Glad he did.

Man, the fight scenes in this episode were incredible. So glad they didn't skimp out on it.

Wondering what the last episode is going to be about.
Mar 23, 11:05 AM
Jul 2023
Interesting, Jinwoo never think about Igris very obvious weak points during the weapons fight but suddenly at the critical moment he struck said weak points perfectly just in time.
Mar 23, 11:10 AM

Apr 2018
igris fight lived up to the expectations. well done 🙏

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Mar 23, 11:10 AM

Aug 2022
The fight was just incredible.
Mar 23, 11:17 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to yanchen03
ayy yo what the f just happened in eps 11? i did look forward to the fight but still what the.. this fight is beyond my expectation. absolutely brutal. also shoutout to fight scene director from choso vs yuji from jjk! 10/10 eps. best so far!
@yanchen03 Tetsuya Takeuchi wasn’t on this episode. That was a rumor. He also wasn’t a fight scene director, he was a key animator. He barely did anything for that episode. Only about 15 seconds or less of animation. Wait till a later ep tho since he’s still a great animator
Mar 23, 11:18 AM

Mar 2013
So the island arc would probably be the cliffhanger next week. 🤔😏
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 23, 11:20 AM
Oct 2020
I can't overemphasize how wonderful the anime adapted the manhwa-- they did it justice.
Mar 23, 11:23 AM
Jun 2020
the igris watch has now ended, now let the cooking commence 😮‍💨 .
Mar 23, 11:28 AM

Sep 2023
The animation in this episode was on a different level. The fight between Jin-Woo and the Blood-Red Commander was amazing. Not a lot of plot progression this episode, but the action made up for it.
Mar 23, 11:30 AM

May 2021
igris was whooping jin woo, he got that dog in him fr.

animation and camera work were stunning.

Mar 23, 11:38 AM
Feb 2023
Can't wait for the next episode
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 10

416 by Nova_xD_7 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

394 by DisposableHeroB »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

281 by VihasYeah »»
Yesterday, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

167 by Apreggi »»
May 30, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

228 by Apreggi »»
May 30, 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.